PDA

View Full Version : Why no cap for over a year can/is a good thing.

largecommand
01-28-2014, 10:43 PM
As you all may know, PL has been getting negative comments towards the developers lack of attention to PL. Things like no cap over a year, repeating holidays, Pl Sheild becoming public, etc.

Well maybe it's a good thing...?

We will start with the pvp perspective. When ever a new cap comes out the other pvp areas, 15, 25, 35, 50, etc, is abandoned for quite some time. Because, well a lot of people are focusing on the current cap. And when a new cap comes out you'll be there for a while. Gotta grind to Elite Level, get crafted gear, pvp a lot, optional, etc. And if developers just keep rolling out new caps every month, the other parts of PL would be abandoned. I myself I have noticed this, 61 use to be dead because of the new caps, but now since no new campaign has arrived a lot of people are trying out other levels. 61 has had a exceptional amount of growth. Where it was 1-2 lvl 56-60 games/hour, to 5-6 lvl 56-60 games/hour. I see new faces, not new players like the ones everyone rushs, but people trying out the level.

Now the money perspective, no cap may mean no money for devs, because when a new cap comes out generally people spend $$$ to level cap and get gear. But no cap for a while may also mean the developers are trying to squeeze the last amount of juice out of us possible.

And what I mean by this is...no cap for a while forces players to try out new levels, which requires them to lvl, which then means they might spend $$$ to lvl, or to get money ,by farming, for gear at that pvp level. Therefore rolls in more $$$ for Sts.

What else is good about no new campign for a while?

Rushorgtfo
01-28-2014, 10:52 PM
Please state how this benefits customers. Content is old and boring.

largecommand
01-28-2014, 11:33 PM
Please state how this benefits customers. Content is old and boring.

Not for the new player it isn't. You've been here for a while, bet you've already tried most of the pvp levels.

Xyzther
01-28-2014, 11:35 PM
Not for the new player it isn't. You've been here for a while, bet you've already tried most of the pvp levels.

Veterans > New players

Zeus
01-29-2014, 12:54 AM
Veterans > New players

This philosophy is why PL receives no content updates, just saying.

If you want a game to survive, it's usually (new players > veterans) with some small, non-game changing benefits to veterans. If you do not have it that way, there's not a constant source of new money & eventually veterans leave/retire. Also, as time goes on, veterans tend to pay less.

Riccits
01-29-2014, 08:50 AM
anyone of the old players still play PL? i didnt for almost a year now... thers no reason to start the game atm....

Roberto077
01-29-2014, 09:12 AM

Less new players are coming because they look for the "newest and greatest" (AL). Plus, people spend much more money farming and leveling than in PvP.

Chopper
01-29-2014, 11:37 AM
Less new players are coming because they look for the "newest and greatest" (AL). Plus, people spend much more money farming and leveling than in PvP.

New players wont flock to a game where people are abandoning it due to lack of content. less communities of players, less full parties playing the game, less, excitement overall, means a slow/quick death for the game. While the OP might have noticed a small spike in lvl 61 PvP, i think everyone agrees that PL's numbers are not anywhere what they used to be. The more the word gets out that PL has been abandoned, and the more people stopping play, the inevitable will occur. How can that be good for anyone?

Also, any new players joining these forums will see exactly the mood of the community and not want to stick around too long, ill bet.

NECROREAPER
01-29-2014, 01:16 PM
anyone of the old players still play PL? i didnt for almost a year now... thers no reason to start the game atm....

We're still here, albeit not many of us.

Rescind
01-29-2014, 02:51 PM

You also need to take into consideration that people are discouraged from doing pvp because many current players simply rush the new players who barely have little/no experience. I remember when I first started pvping in the 10-15 range,(late 2010-early 2011) a lot of people were helpful and gave me tips in game about gear and timing and ranges. Now I see a lot of current players just simply rushing the new players and in a few days they are never to be seen again.

Schnitzel
01-29-2014, 03:25 PM
am i the only one enjoying the no new cap?

Finally, i feel there is no pressure in lvling to cap and getting elite stuff before the new cap comes...

In truth though, if the cap was raised to 77 being the cap, I'd finally be able to get my hands on a elite bow...

Luca Alessandro Bamba
01-29-2014, 04:01 PM
I still like the game the way it is. It s a pity that sts doesnt develop pl anymore, but in the short run their policy of releasing new games to get the most money is a winner. Of course in the long run they will lose their player base if they dont focus more on customer care. If AL suffers same destiny as PL in a few years, their reputation will go down more, and i am quite sure this will happen. However in the modern mobile game industry you just change your company name and restart over. There s far too many casual mobile players nowaday that purchase stuff without thinking too much. That s why payed games were replaced by freemium ones, it s the market that made this happen, sts is smart and is just riding the wave.

Of course, releasing even a 77 cap would fix most problems with pl pvers as it would show there s still a little care from the developers. I still hope that they release something like that rather than mindlessly recycling useless old events, it would make most players happy and probably would raise sts some dollars.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9105P utilizzando Tapatalk

VenomsChaos
01-30-2014, 05:35 PM

i quited ( also my guild mostly quit ).
quit reason wasnt about new caps... mostly quit reason pvp balance on 76.. really i wished if they fix game before leave it alone... mostly old player have every buyable / farm able gears with max gold.. pvp ctf only thing to do ( sametimes pve for rest from pvp ) when sts changed skills buffs pvp wasnt funy anymore.. bears op <<< after than than soo much ppl quited... there no new caps no new things is ok but i really didnt understand why sts broke 76s pvp balance...

for your question = yes there still old players playing.. but i can tell you %95 quited.. its a lucky to see a old player in bs town

( sametimes loging game for hello to friends, like 2-3 week for 5 min lol )

VenomsChaos
01-30-2014, 05:49 PM
ahh j forget to say.. they broke end game pvp balance like 4 month ago. . was soo many topic about that but none cared ( or they dont have time for fix the PL coz they focus on AL.. and really they are working great on AL ) so mine + more player quit reason thats.. if pl got a final update with fix + new things as tourneys / priced guild wars at the final without new cap. i am sure so many ppl not gonna quit.. but its not good for community because they need pull players in AL where they are geting money...

gibol1412
01-30-2014, 11:38 PM
I will be to the end of Pocket Legends.

Timelife
01-31-2014, 04:53 PM
no new cap has its good sides and bad sides, one of the good sides for me was, to go and try out 76 PvP, and being a part of the endgame community, wich i didn't were before. basically i never had the urge to be active on my endgame char, because i knew nobody and nobody knew me, wich would result in being farmed 24/7, it still occurs at new ppl. but somehow i managed to try it out and i pretty like it, also one of good things about this cap is, the prices of savage and swift are incredibly high, wich makes farmers more likely to spend cash on plat to purchase elixers, imagine if u loot a L75 beastly armour, thats 2m more in your pocket, for me the only thing that's negative would be that i'm not able to get a 2-piece ring on my archer and a 3-piece ring on my mage.

peace out!

fourleaf
01-31-2014, 05:12 PM
I see alot of new players getting capped, many with their first being a rhino or fox
Definitely good.
However I think a year and a half is more than plenty of time to get through content.
If new players see a totally stagnant game, that won't look appealing. Capped chars just standing in towne, less and less people playing, players trolling/harrassing newer players.Not going to encourage anyone to play.

The lack of caps actually hurts the new players the most as the veterans have their 2piece/3piece/dragon rings.

The imbalance further discriminates, as new player's learn that all you need to survive is a str set and a combo elixir. Teamwork in pve even among veterans rarely shows itself, because it's not necessary.