PDA

View Full Version : [Arcane Staff]: Charged Attack = Low Damage & Slow Charge Time

Zeus
01-29-2014, 04:26 AM
Hello Developers,

First off, I would like to say thank you for developing an awesome game. I just have the humble request to fix top items like The Brothers Whims and Ker'shal Scepter!

Arcane Staff Critical Issues:
• Charge time is slow! In the Announcement thread for the staff, it was stated that the charge time would be 1.8 seconds. However, according to the video I have posted below, that is not the case.
• Charged damage is lower than normal attack! Also according to the Announcement thread for the staff, the charged attack would do slightly less damage of a fireball spell. However, that is not the case. Infact, the charged attack damage is considerably lower than normal attack damage!

For your consideration, please watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN_1H3dsXWQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thank you for all that you do and I sincerely hope that the developer team will be able to fix this issue as well!

PS: Any word about the whim brothers? The revision is actually substantially worse than the way they were before.

Spell
01-29-2014, 04:32 AM
Hello Developers,

First off, I would like to say thank you for developing an awesome game. I just have the humble request to fix top items like The Brothers Whims and Ker'shal Scepter!

Arcane Staff Critical Issues:
• Charge time is slow! In the Announcement thread for the staff, it was stated that the charge time would be 1.8 seconds. However, according to the video I have posted below, that is not the case.
• Charged damage is lower than normal attack! Also according to the Announcement thread for the staff, the charged attack would do slightly less damage of a fireball spell. However, that is not the case. Infact, the charged attack damage is considerably lower than normal attack damage!

For your consideration, please watch this video:

Thank you for all that you do and I sincerely hope that the developer team will be able to fix this issue as well!

PS: Any word about the whim brothers? The revision is actually substantially worse than the way they were before.

=) Plz sts fix our staffs

Emmacheese
01-29-2014, 05:03 AM
Pleaseeeee fix the proc too! It's soooo bad! Look at the mauls proc in comparison ! It really isn't arcane standard :/

Spell
01-29-2014, 05:12 AM
Pleaseeeee fix the proc too! It's soooo bad! Look at the mauls proc in comparison ! It really isn't arcane standard :/

I totally agree! 10+ mana Regan is just Meh..I'd rather have a crit/armor buff.

I remember when the mythic staff proc'ed an awesome invincibility for like 5secs ...hmm that sounds like arcane huhu

Emmacheese
01-29-2014, 05:15 AM
I totally agree! 10+ mana Regan is just Meh..I'd rather have a crit/armor buff.

I remember when the mythic staff proc'ed an awesome invincibility for like 5secs ...hmm that sounds like arcane huhu
Oh my gosh I remember you when that would proc! You lil kamikaze Mage. Tee hee

Spell
01-29-2014, 05:17 AM
Oh my gosh I remember you when that would proc! You lil kamikaze Mage. Tee hee

Staff proc-- Lia runs into 3 mauls spamming skills lolo

Spell
01-31-2014, 02:37 AM
Aw no answers yet U.U

*Hopefully waits*

Instanthumor
01-31-2014, 02:50 AM
I had to lol at your 'college internet'. Made my day.

Haligali
01-31-2014, 09:41 AM
I say dont touch it. No need for reduce range or scatter mobs.

falmear
02-01-2014, 03:20 AM
While waiting for victims in TDM, I asked a rogue on my team with a devourer bow to fire a charged auto attack at trulle. And I did the same thing with my arcane staff. The devourer bow does more damage on a charged attack then arcane staff. How does an item which is worth 1k in CS do more damage then a weapon which costs 55m? I'd like to hear an explanation on that one.

Nagin
02-01-2014, 04:49 AM
While waiting for victims in TDM, I asked a rogue on my team with a devourer bow to fire a charged auto attack at trulle. And I did the same thing with my arcane staff. The devourer bow does more damage on a charged attack then arcane staff. How does an item which is worth 1k in CS do more damage then a weapon which costs 55m? I'd like to hear an explanation on that one.

Rofl selll it -_- i sold mine....
Its nearly the end of season i dont think they care about us mages :(

Zeus
02-01-2014, 11:33 PM
I say dont touch it. No need for reduce range or scatter mobs.

Lol, ikr? It's come to the point where I wish I never even asked them to fix the whims. Now, each patch has been worse than the previous.

Zeus
02-01-2014, 11:35 PM

I feel like what happened with the charged attack is that they added the spell damage, but they forgot to combine it with the weapon damage. So, the damage you are seeing is only the shadowflare damage.

Again, that is just my theory.

keikali
02-03-2014, 10:24 AM
As a potential upcoming buyer of this, I'd like to see this addressed also. I wouldn't want to shell out 40M+ for something that is broken.

falmear
02-03-2014, 08:09 PM
As a potential upcoming buyer of this, I'd like to see this addressed also. I wouldn't want to shell out 40M+ for something that is broken.

At this point given everything thats wrong with it I wouldn't spend 40M+ on it. Also since this season is at an end, level 41 weapons will be much closer. And in fact damage wise maybe better. Staff is always a high DPS weapon, so its entirely possible if there is a mythic gun the damage will be close. Conceivably if they release new mythics it'll probably be in 2-3 months.

will0
02-05-2014, 08:36 AM
i am already bored with using Kershal everyone knows it sux even with all the complains made not a single reply from STS .. I stop temporarily buying platinum for 1-2mths now because of this not getting support with this "premium item" no better than or not even near comparable a level 36 maul.
I am waiting for expansion and perhaps sell it off and play a rogue character much more superior Skills and Weapon that is mythic.

Sorcerie
02-05-2014, 09:33 AM
i am already bored with using Kershal everyone knows it sux even with all the complains made not a single reply from STS .. I stop temporarily buying platinum for 1-2mths now because of this not getting support with this "premium item" no better than or not even near comparable a level 36 maul.
I am waiting for expansion and perhaps sell it off and play a rogue character much more superior Skills and Weapon that is mythic.Well, hey if you're bored and you think it sucks I'd love to take it for a spin. xD

Madnex
02-05-2014, 09:44 AM
These complaints will quiet down once all the bored rich endgame players get something new to play with. This has to be the dev way of thinking.

Hello new expansion!

Imjebus
02-06-2014, 02:04 AM
These complaints will quiet down once all the bored rich endgame players get something new to play with. This has to be the dev way of thinking.

Hello new expansion!

It still needs to be looked at by sts. An arcane item shouldn't be as useless as the staff is (hearing about it from every end game sorc I see with it)

Robhawk
02-06-2014, 08:01 AM

Hello new expansion!

+1

They didtn fix the passive damage/armor not showing in profile bug.
They didtn fix the zoom out option is not saved bug. ( you have to zoom out again and again)
They didnt fix the mages shield bug - its not even confirmed.
They didnt fix arcane stuff.
They didnt... and most things, they wont!

What they did? Expansion and events that people spend a lot of plat.

puresai
02-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Maybe I should curse some bad words just to get STS' attention about this thread.........................
there goes
DEV. will you just FXXKING reply this THREAD so we know you are aware of this issue.
Its a arcane gear for god sake, there are only 3 arcane gears in this game and arcane staff is the latest one........

Spell
02-07-2014, 06:12 AM
Please show us Mages some love Sts.mages are my favorite but seems like the least class cared for by Sts =\
Time to go rouge I guess U.U

will0
02-12-2014, 08:17 PM
No "love" for mage in this game even Valentines day ..... end point mage still sucks in PVP. We are only useful in PVE irregardless on weapon we use or pets.

Not even a single response so far from STS after so many arcane staff mage requesting the staff process to be change and corrected.

Ravager
02-13-2014, 03:31 AM
Maybe add a full push proc on charged normal attack too? Would help for fights against warriors.

inkredible
02-15-2014, 02:08 AM
i actually loled at your video lol! entertained me
comparing lvl 31 arcane maul, lvl 36 arcane staff.. it is kinda eh..
but if u put 4 arcane mages vs 4 arcane maul, . mages may actually win
im sure there are more bugs.. almost sometimes i cant feel the difference between an arcane mage vs a mythic mage (not all the time)

keikali
02-19-2014, 09:02 AM
Bumping this. I'd like to see this issue addressed along with the overall proc looked into as I lol@10 mana regen.

Haligali
02-19-2014, 09:04 AM
Bumping this. I'd like to see this issue addressed along with the overall proc looked into as I lol@10 mana regen.

Necro :'(

keikali
02-19-2014, 09:17 AM
Necro :'(

Whatever it takes for them to see this thread. Just want a simple "Yes we're aware of this, we'll look into it" response.

puresai
02-20-2014, 02:21 AM
but if u put 4 arcane mages vs 4 arcane maul, . mages may actually win)

BS..... this is not possible.....

BTW I am gonna bump this thread until STS respond it or I get warning for bumping.....

Carapace
02-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Hey everyone!

I've finally happened upon this thread, seems like it's been around for a little bit. I can articulate on some of the concerns the original poster mentioned.

1. The charge time is currently 1.8 seconds, I double checked it just a moment ago. However, the perceived discrepancy is most likely lag, as is often the case in MMO's. Having said that, it's worth a look. When the expansion comes out I believe it will be acceptable to reduce this cast time to 1.6 seconds from 1.8.

2. The lower damage. This is true, the cast itself does an aoe, with a lower damage output compared to other attacks. There is a tactile reason for this, and it is because of the debuffs that can proc on this cast. There is a roughly 20% chance to reduce an enemies Critical % chance by 20% for 5 seconds, and an additional independent 20% chance to slow the movement of an enemy by 30% for 3 seconds. The spell is intended to be used with this in mind, and not as a go to, always charge (though the AoE damage will be nice)

I hope that clears up some of the confusion about what's happening here! Sorry for the delay on a response, been very busy at the office on the expansion :)

keikali
02-20-2014, 03:37 PM
Thank you Carapace for looking into this issue.

The charge time for the Mythical Staff seems feasible. Is that around 1.2 or 1.4? Maybe less?

IMO I won't know how big of a difference is 1.6 from 1.8 until its implemented.

Zapix
02-20-2014, 03:37 PM
Maybe reduce the charge to 1 sec. Just feels useless tbh in its current state. Who knows maybe I'm crazy to want more than a stat stick.
Maybe a larger attack area as well:)

Spell
02-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Woohooo I'm glad to hear this =)

falmear
02-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Hey everyone!

I've finally happened upon this thread, seems like it's been around for a little bit. I can articulate on some of the concerns the original poster mentioned.

1. The charge time is currently 1.8 seconds, I double checked it just a moment ago. However, the perceived discrepancy is most likely lag, as is often the case in MMO's. Having said that, it's worth a look. When the expansion comes out I believe it will be acceptable to reduce this cast time to 1.6 seconds from 1.8.

2. The lower damage. This is true, the cast itself does an aoe, with a lower damage output compared to other attacks. There is a tactile reason for this, and it is because of the debuffs that can proc on this cast. There is a roughly 20% chance to reduce an enemies Critical % chance by 20% for 5 seconds, and an additional independent 20% chance to slow the movement of an enemy by 30% for 3 seconds. The spell is intended to be used with this in mind, and not as a go to, always charge (though the AoE damage will be nice)

I hope that clears up some of the confusion about what's happening here! Sorry for the delay on a response, been very busy at the office on the expansion :)

1) How can you say this has been around for a little bit when this was reported more then 3 months ago? In a separate thread?
2) The low damage is way lower then what was promised. It was suppose to be close to a charged fireball as stated by Samhayne here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?112748-Realm-of-Shadows-Expansion-First-Look-At-Sorcerer-Arcane-Weapon

Charged Attack will 100% of the time cast a new Shadowflare spell. This is a shadow fireball with a chance to reduce enemy crit chance, and/or snare movement by 30%. It is an AoE spell with the area being equivalent to a charged fireball. This costs 0 mana, but does a little bit less damage than charged fireball. Charging takes 1.8 seconds.

And when I tested this, it was like 50% less then a charged fireball. And this was before weapon upgrades were introduced. So how can you justify saying it will be a bit less when its 50% less? I already tested the charged attacked and calculated roughly 25% of some effect happening. But to hear its 20% means 80% chance of doing nothing and doing less damage then a normal staff attack. So I can't even see why anyone would want to charge the staff when you have an 80% chance of doing nothing with less damage. And even if you get a crit reduction its a mere 10% crit reduction. Compare this to maul proc that does -50% armor reduction. I wish instead of ignoring these issues STS took player feedback seriously. Reducing the charged attack to 1.6 seconds isn't going to accomplish anything. No one will even notice any difference in 0.2 seconds. There is still no justifiable reason to charge the staff.

Haligali
02-20-2014, 05:24 PM
Do no touch please :( i dont want to see the whimgate again.

will0
02-20-2014, 10:26 PM
Hi Carapace you mentioned that Charge attack there's 20% chance reducing critical (80% doing nothing) and 20% slow movement (another 80% doing nothing plus this is not useful skill being an arcane weapon at such a low %). I want to refer to your initial launch of Kershal link 6 months ago : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.610051019039009.1073741835.368694906507956&type=3
According to the launch post it is suppose to be "snare chance" and i guess it means the same as slow movement, since this is an arcane weapon it should have chance to "root" enemies so they can't move like the mage Time Bomb (freeze time) skill.

Charge Attack:
"Charged Attack will 100% of the time cast a new Shadowflare spell. This is a shadow fireball with a chance to reduce enemy crit chance, and/or snare movement by 30%". I agree with keikali and other Kershal users that the charge skill should be change to 1 sec rather than 1.6 sec since the server is lagging badly since recent months (factor in the lag time it will be 1.6 sec when the shadowflare is cast), i am sure if you test at different period of time the charge skill take too long to cast and we are mince meat by then.

Normal Attack:
Normal attack "+10 mana regen" which is totally useless for an arcane weapon it needs to be change to something more useful like armor buff or extra shield (horn like buff) for mage, also do we not push back chance again for normal attack it should 50% chance for Armor or shield buff with heal Regen for survivability.
"Normal attacks have a chance to proc +60 int, +10 mana regen for 8 seconds, and chance on hit to apply a pushback to enemies" << Arcane Maul normal attack VS Kershal without needing to charge the weapon ability to Stun AOE attacks and 50% armor reduction, Kershal normal attack abilities is no where comparable to a level 31 maul

I hope STS cn change Kershal abilities being a level 36 arcane weapon and mage using it not being mock by Warrior using them and no where near we could compete in PVP.

Arcane Maul Ability VS Kershal without Charging Weapon
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28765&d=1366640321

Nagin
02-21-2014, 03:08 AM
Lol 0.2 sec difference

Haligali
02-21-2014, 03:43 AM
Lol 0.2 sec difference

Epic.

Someone mentioned previously, just remove the shadowflare and give us back a higher attack on charged with a normal charging time. I find it ridiculous that you can stun with basically every crap weapon, but not with the most expensive. There are already legendary weapons, which do less aoe dmg on charged(eg: the old combustion cannon, the new woodland gun), but the charging time is standard.
There is no sane reason why takes charging 1.8 or 1.6 sec.

Mana regen brings water in the sea, i got mana problems last time back in season 2, but idk why i repeat myself, no one listens to me anyway.

I can stun mobs with a lvl1 promocode weapon:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/21/evy4a9e9.jpg

Carapace
02-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Something to keep in mind is that unlike the fireball spell, there is no mana cost associated with the charged Ker'shal Staff. A 1 Second cast time in PVP with no mana cost would be... mildly overpowered :)

Haligali
02-21-2014, 12:05 PM
Something to keep in mind is that unlike the fireball spell, there is no mana cost associated with the charged Ker'shal Staff. A 1 Second cast time in PVP with no mana cost would be... mildly overpowered :)

Please do it..

Someone said once:

No current plans to Nerf the hammer, they are after all incredibly rare so their overall effect on game balance is negligible. They are intended to make the owner a bad mamajama, not unlike the hooks were last expansion.

Must make one drool over the prospect of an arcane weapon for mages in the next expansion no? (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94740-Selling-arcane-hammer&p=1065436&viewfull=1#post1065436)

;)

keikali
02-21-2014, 12:10 PM

Carapace, then again 1.6 seconds is still a bit too much no? What is the charge time on the Infused Orbital Mythic Staff? That charge time seemed feasible to me.

Also, since we are looking at the staff overall, please take a look into the proc effect. +10 Mana Regen is pretty useless. Mana regen is a pretty useless stat overall and this is coming from I'd say every mage.

Haligali
02-21-2014, 12:20 PM

And oh, how would this be owerpowered? Mages have no mana problems as i stated in my previous comment..

keikali
02-21-2014, 12:34 PM
Reasonable fixes:

1) change proc from +mana regen to either +crit% or dmg%.
2) lower the charge time and increase the dmg of shadowflare by some but not too much.

puresai
02-21-2014, 12:58 PM

Mages NEVER have mana problem, and usually we die or win the fight(1v1 or team fight) before our mana pool even drop to 60%, therefore for the proc +10 mana is making wanna CURSE!!!!! Even +10 Hp regain is more useful but still laughable.

If mana is what u concerned, hell, make it mana costs and gives it 1 sec charge time.
1.8 sec to 1.6 sec..... R u humiliating mages? LOL
I feel insulted after months of this thread has been out and this is what we got lol.

And trust me, mage has never been overpower since the stun immunity rule applied.

falmear
02-21-2014, 06:36 PM

There is no mana cost for doing a normal noncharged attack either. And in PvP mages don't have mana issues. So basically all our skills are no mana cost. So I am kind of surprised you would bring this up. I am curious how much play testing you guys do? Because mages have such a large mana pool that I am usually dead before I can even exhaust my mana pool. The charged attack 'shadowflare spell' is no different then a proc. Because its only a chance to do some effect and most of the time it doesn't happen. So you can't call it a spell. A spell is something that happens every time so its closer to a proc. So you have to keep firing a charged attack to even get this effect since the chance is so low. I wish STS would realize no mana cost and +10 mana regen is useless to mages. This is level 36 and not level 6, we have plenty of mana. Whether its 1 second or 1.6 seconds makes no difference to me at this point. The fact it has lower damage then a normal attack and not even close to the damage to a charged fireball as promised, makes it useless to me. I'd rather keep firing a normal staff attack, then at least I may proc +60 INT.

will0
02-21-2014, 09:48 PM
We do not need MANA buff on Kershal give us something more useful like health regen or more armor .......! Non charge attack needs more better process like chance to lower crit or process like reflect dmg?? we do not have this compared to a maul with chance to stun AOE.

I disagree if charged shadowflare "spell" is OP being zero mana and 1 sec to cast, it has lower damage than all our skills ........ chance to slow %?? (even shadowflare requires mana there's no issue at all to mages)

Rean
02-23-2014, 10:10 PM
I find it weird how STS intended to give Mages a totally hyped-up spell (Shadowflare) for an Arcane item, then tweak it down based on assumptions that it would be overpowered. In the end, we get a completely useless unique spell for an Arcane item. Please just remove this shadowflare altogether if there is no intention to buff it significantly (reducing 0.2 sec cast does not count).

And I have to suggest this again, can you make mage procs (when wielding staff specifically) happen "when casting any spell" as opposed to "when doing a normal attack" only? Our class requires us to cast spells (offensive/defensive/buffs) most of the time, yet procs will only happen when we do a normal attack... In the end, we lowered our dps to include normal attack in our rotation trying to proc some buffs/debuffs. This is not specific to Ker'shal but for all staffs in general.

I always thought it should be,

Rare items: Under-powered
Epic items: Slightly under-powered
Legendary items: Average-powered
Mythic items: Slightly over-powered
Arcane items: Over-powered

No?

Haligali
02-24-2014, 07:18 AM
Falmear got right, even with standard ~1 sec charging time, this shadowflare would be still useless. There were top weapons in the past with doing smaller aoe damage on charged attack and chance to cast something, and these were still considered as not worth charging. (Combustion Cannon of Brutality l26, Borean cage rifle of Brutality l31, etc)

To Mr Carapace:

If you were serious about 'it worth a look' then try to think in big or better do nothing.

We dont want a 0.2 sec less charging time, rather an aoe stun with some buff like the lvl31 mythic sorcerer gun or the lvl31 arcane maul. Or a skill paired proc like the shield on the mythic dagger.

puresai
02-24-2014, 09:35 PM
Please don't take this offensive,
However, I imagine this in STS' meeting "DEVs say : lets less 0.2 sec charge time just to shut these whining arcane staff mages up and move on" LOL

Also when I use shadowflare, people laugh at me, how can this be overpower with lame damage?

BTW Delphina, Please kindly share your experience as a arcane staff mage. have you ever use shadowflare in 1 vs 1 or team fight? Have you ever run out of mana in PVP?!!

UndeadJudge
02-25-2014, 04:46 PM
Since when does a mage run out of 5000+ mana? If a fight went that long we would be dead anyway.

Foebegone
02-26-2014, 12:32 PM
I never use the charged attack either, seems pointless. the proc on normal attack is worth more (not the mana regen). I concur with the others here, when has mana ever been a concern to a mage? in PVP the fight better be over by then and in PVE i run with 9k mana pots.

would be ok maybe if it had knock down.

Spartansultan
02-26-2014, 03:58 PM
I don't have an arcane staff but STS you should rlly do tht what the guys are sayying here...
Something tht rlly happened:
I was in pvp (im rlly biggest noob i have frozen potency eq. LOL) and a guy with arcane stuff came and killed me...
I pm tht guy and said him u r weak u only can kill noobs like me, u have arc staff and cant kill pro's.....He wrote back and said :It's impossible to kill a pro warrior with a mage!
And its half true when the mage isn't a superduper pro he won't kill the pro warrior.
Maybe im wrong but its my sight. And the bad thing is tht, tht staff is the best item ATM!!! When u can't kill him with a staff like tht, u won't have any chances further.
Sorry for this strange writing I know it's not good written...every word is red underlined :p

katish
02-26-2014, 11:14 PM
Seriously... /ignore on mages. Always. It's very disheartening. Does anyone at the studio even play a mage?

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk

Redheadwendy
02-27-2014, 09:35 AM
I've also experience this "lower charged attack damage" on the new tiki guns.

Sky_is_epicgearz
02-27-2014, 09:46 AM

i think that is to compensate for the AoE damage i guess.

Haligali
02-27-2014, 10:24 AM

This isnt new, molten guns was same in season3. Despite the regular charging time still not worth charging as we discussed before.
Check the gun thread in my signature.

Foebegone
02-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Apologies I think I resurrected an old thread on this, I'll repost here.

Is the problem with the damage that you (DEVs) refer to a plain fire ball with no upgrades, and possibly no gear damage bonus either.

so a vanilla FB with only staff is 356-445 (259% bonus dmg, 326.1 dam) that seems to be about what a non crit staff ball does.

The discrepancy occurs when you gear up boosting FB to 614-786 (378% bonus dmg, 562.9 dam)

Unsure how Int/%dam & Dam increase skill damage but I get 1.2k crit on FB and mid 500s with staff.

Pandorix
03-01-2014, 01:07 PM

Maybe coz hes an rogue and u r mage? Gawd...

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?

UndeadJudge
03-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Maybe coz hes an rogue and u r mage? Gawd...

A Mage with arcane staff and full or almost full supers has 600 damage that I've seen (slightly more). A rogue with devourer bow has like 350. That shows how extremely weak the charged attack is - considering it has 250 more damage behind it, what on EARTH is the base damage of this thing?

Pandorix
03-01-2014, 04:59 PM
A Mage with arcane staff and full or almost full supers has 600 damage that I've seen (slightly more). A rogue with devourer bow has like 350. That shows how extremely weak the charged attack is - considering it has 250 more damage behind it, what on EARTH is the base damage of this thing?

U should learn more about how this or any other mmorpg works...

puresai
03-01-2014, 09:20 PM

Maybe you can teach him?

Alhuntrazeck
03-02-2014, 01:44 AM
I don't own a Ker'shal (or ever hope to get one - unless kei gives his to me) but I seriously think it deserves a buff.
The only time I've seen an arcane staff mage use the charged staff attack was while waiting for the flag. -.-
I posted a thread awhile back, let me borrow a quote from it:

The staff in itself is the best weapon a mage can have but honestly, it isn't quite comparable to mauls and hooks back in their day. IMHO, its partly due to its disgusting proc - compared to a maul's its pathetic. I propose making it:
+60 INT, +30 STR, +30 DEX, and a stun. Sure, it's OP, but isn't that what arcanes are supposed to be?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?134977-Changes-to-Mages!

Arcanes are supposed to make you BA's in PvP. ATM, imo, an arcane maul is more valuable in a team than a ker'shal. Lemme repeat that: a l31 weapon is more valuable in a team game than a l36 weapon.

I'd like the charged staff attack to take less time to charge, do more damage (maybe 2/3rds of a fireball) and have a higher chance to crit debuff. Say 50% chance to remove 10% crit.

Also, the proc should be made better as I said in the quote. The Arcane Maul's proc is just...beast...Ker'shals adds +60 INT and +10 mana regen. Wait, WHAT?!

P.S: Kei gimme yo arcane staff

riobravo
03-02-2014, 01:50 AM
as a mage with the arcane staff, I would tend to agree with the complaints made about it. I have seen several threads about it, yet nothing seems to be done to fix it. Yet the bother whim egg has been recently added and has had several improvement attempts made already.

I would tend to think it is simply being overlooked. I would want to know who in sts would chose to play with a full gear mage with the staff vs the option to play with a full gear warrior? If both have full mythic gear and arcane staff, maul or mythic weapon for warrior, then it should be a toss up who wins. granite the abilities are still different and the warrior can still take more damage, but the mage should have the ability to dish out the dps and damage over the warrior. When warriors can have the 3k health and 400 dps, and the arcane staff doesnt work for the mage then something is wrong.

falmear
03-02-2014, 02:05 AM
Guys, STS doesn't care about this issue, 4 months of silence and now what they suggested about reducing the charging time by 0.2 seconds. Consider everything you've read on this thread before either buying an arcane staff or spending your plat opening crates. STS some how thinks we can afford spending 50 million on a staff & yet we are too cheap to buy mana pots and gives us +10 mana regen proc and a bugged charged staff attack where they keep emphasizing it costs no mana. I know because of these issues and many other things I will continue to play but not do any offers or spend any more money. If you feel the same way as I do, I suggest then you do the same.

puresai
03-02-2014, 09:26 PM
Hell, even rouges and warriors sympathize mages............
that's just sad......

Rean
03-02-2014, 10:07 PM
STS some how thinks we can afford spending 50 million on a staff & yet we are too cheap to buy mana pots and gives us +10 mana regen proc and a bugged charged staff attack where they keep emphasizing it costs no mana.

This.

Seriously, try replacing this exact shadowflare spell (supposedly arcane specific spell) to rogues/warriors mythic weapons and see how they like it....

Sceazikua
03-03-2014, 12:02 AM
I have a suggestion for the proc, it should be higher chance, like 100% slow for 25%, 50% snare and 25% root. Remember Maul has insane stun, and -50% armor on non-charge attack. It should do something, at least with charged attack it should be a bit OP, not just a 10 mana regen on non-charge attack. Its arcane, not legendary!

Rean
03-04-2014, 01:22 AM
not just a 10 mana regen on non-charge attack. Its arcane, not legendary!

Do not even want to emphasize that this +10 mana regen is a proc, instead of a permanent buff. The proc rate is probably once every 5-10 casts, averaging it to a permanent +1 or +2 mana regen thereabouts? I will still want this proc to replaced even if it was +10% mana regen proc to being with....

Spell
03-04-2014, 01:59 AM
5 arcane mauls vs 5 arcane staffs mages lose all day lol lvl 31 wep murders lvl 36 wep?
How on earth does +60int and 10+ mana Regan compete with -50% (of our 1000ish armor) 60str, a stun and what ever else an arcane maul has...
I'm sorry but it makes no sense...

---->>>Selling arcane marshmallow shooter <<<----

will0
03-04-2014, 04:58 AM
Arcane Staff mage reminds me of paralympics players ..... trying to achieve play balance character game play but given a half good supposed best mage weapon. PIC should be shooting magic not arrows !

Haligali
03-04-2014, 05:08 AM
nvm

musasun
03-04-2014, 07:52 PM
One time I used a charged normal attack in pvp, and 4 players "lol". Not a true story but gets the point across. Arcane staff should grant an armor buff or a stun with proc. #arcanestaff<arcanemaul

Subhanallah... <---- Pronounce this word. You're welcome.

UndeadJudge
03-05-2014, 05:21 PM

Not sure exactly what you mean, but I am talking about damage before extra damage from gear is factored in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

will0
03-08-2014, 01:15 AM
The expedition rifle process without needing to charge and give lightning process and chain mobs (process more times than 15% lighting AOE!)... Legendary rifle vs Arcane kershal with no extra process just chance to gain +60 intl ?

puresai
03-11-2014, 12:30 AM
sigh

Madnex
03-11-2014, 05:22 AM
Proc is short for procedure not process. Originates from special_procedure > spec proc > proc.

Hey, at least you get some useful info instead of waiting for a proper response and fix of the arcane staff. Which doesn't seem to interest STS enough to balance it (comparing with the other two arcane weapons).

Spell
03-13-2014, 05:22 PM
No point now just look at my stats using full super everything and lvl 41 (samael full gear arcane staff)
I'm kinda upset that this legendary is soooo strong..

Haligali
03-13-2014, 05:25 PM
No point now just look at my stats using full super everything and lvl 41 (samael full gear arcane staff)

But your staff charging time is now 0.2 sec faster, dont you noticed? Everyone should be happy, please lock this thread.. :lemo:

Spell
03-13-2014, 05:29 PM
But your staff charging time is now 0.2 sec faster, dont you noticed? Everyone should be happy, please lock this thread.. :lemo:

Lol sigh U.U

Haligali
03-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Lol sigh U.U

Heh, i found a good thing where we can use this:

In wt4, when i just want to aggro the necromancers to spawn skeletons, sometimes they die too fast even from the non charged regular attacks.

So charge your staff for the possible lowest damage.

Spell
03-15-2014, 03:11 PM

In wt4, when i just want to aggro the necromancers to spawn skeletons, sometimes they die too fast even from the non charged regular attacks.

Lol "look at the bright side"

keikali
03-15-2014, 03:23 PM
I've gotten accustomed to using the charged attack when I feel like derping around.

It is my herp derp attack and it works well. It looks beautiful. lolwut

Zapix
03-15-2014, 04:31 PM

Made me laugh!

puresai
03-17-2014, 10:02 PM
just a good old bump :upset::upset:

Madnex
03-17-2014, 11:36 PM
Sigh.

will0
03-17-2014, 11:42 PM
no update or fix even with dragon enclave launched as said, no more response from STS ... the only so-call Mage "arcane" weapon in the game which doesn't justify being an "arcane" weapon ......

Haligali
03-18-2014, 02:01 AM
no update or fix even with dragon enclave launched as said, no more response from STS ... the only so-call Mage "arcane" weapon in the game which doesn't justify being an "arcane" weapon ......

Its fixed, the charging time is 0.2 sec less if you havent noticed. Thread closed.

keikali
03-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Its fixed, the charging time is 0.2 sec less if you havent noticed. Thread closed.

I've been making good use of the Herp Derp Charge attack!

puresai
03-18-2014, 11:03 PM

I don't understand, Isn't any changes in the game have to be announced? but NOT ARCANE STAFF?!! WHY?!!
Is it because 0.2 sec less is too freaking small?!! People will be like oh REALLY~~~~~~

COME ON STS..........

Haligali
03-19-2014, 12:49 AM
I don't understand, Isn't any changes in the game have to be announced? but NOT ARCANE STAFF?!! WHY?!!
Is it because 0.2 sec less is too freaking small?!! People will be like oh REALLY~~~~~~

COME ON STS..........

Nope, not every changes have to be announced. It is 0.2 sec less now.

will0
03-19-2014, 01:49 AM
LOL he is the boss .. Thread Close again ! ...

Aneheazatek
03-19-2014, 08:21 PM
let's hope it is craftable like the new arcane ring :)

Rean
03-20-2014, 10:05 PM
Dear Dev, since you have no intention to tweak the Ker'shal Scepter, please give the next arcane weapon you are developing for Warriors a +10 health regen proc chance. For Rogue, perhaps a +5 mana regen and +5 health regen proc chance.

I would like to see how the other classes react to such equal treatment in an arcane rarity weapon 'coz I think it is just unfair to mages.

Yes. I am still unhappy.

Medicman
03-21-2014, 12:35 AM
Haha, I love it. The biggest piece of crap worth 40 million. Kicking myself since the day I bought it. It would be more useful to be able to just swing it and beat the heads of those we're fighting. We'd have more of a chance that way!!

Foebegone
03-21-2014, 08:58 AM
I notice the ring also has mana regen on it lol. Its like the devs have played other full MMORPGs where mana regen is a thing and thought they would give it a go here.

puresai
03-24-2014, 01:06 AM
Monday is coming. StS~~it's time to work on arcane staff :)

phillyr
03-24-2014, 08:42 AM
If u havent noticed yet...the mage always gets the short stick. They wouldn't nerf maul cause it was supposed to be O.P. they wont change staff cause...well...its for mage class...who cares right

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

will0
03-24-2014, 06:48 PM
If u havent noticed yet...the mage always gets the short stick. They wouldn't nerf maul cause it was supposed to be O.P. they wont change staff cause...well...its for mage class...who cares right

Agree and think there is no point at pin pointing biases against mages with the recent legendary weapon "expedition recurve bow" process are quite deadly in PVP compare to expedition rifle for mages which only chance chain lightning in PVE not PVP.

Xenobiotic
03-24-2014, 08:00 PM
I've gotten accustomed to using the charged attack when I feel like derping around.

It is my herp derp attack and it works well. It looks beautiful. lolwut

Kei, I still don't get it, how do you Derp? O.o if it's a secret, you can pm me ;).

Aneheazatek
03-24-2014, 08:25 PM
well , keep your shards guys. seen it somewhere in forum that arcane may be craftable in future :)

Rean
03-24-2014, 08:57 PM
well , keep your shards guys. seen it somewhere in forum that arcane may be craftable in future :)

They will probably give +20 mana regen proc for our next arcane and think that it is OP, again.

Aneheazatek
03-25-2014, 01:06 AM
haha. let's hope it's not mana regen proc again ;p

They will probably give +20 mana regen proc for our next arcane and think that it is OP, again.

puresai
03-26-2014, 11:29 PM
TO STS:

There is a function (Shadowflare spell) that 90% of Mages DO NOT use it,(due to too freaking long charge time)
Shouldn't you take a look at it? aren't Mages costumers to you??

Arcane staff with a USELESS Shadowflare spell
proc is only +60INT and 10mana regain.
chance on hit to apply a pushback to enemies which I've NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER seen
Mages were told Shadowflare spell "does a little bit less damage than charged fireball" which is totally BS

BTW
Warrior with arcane ring has 7000HP+ and 600+damage (with arcane maul)

VS
mage with arcane ring has 4300HP+ and 670+damage (with arcane staff)

good luck my fellow mages.......

VS

Aneheazatek
03-27-2014, 01:00 AM
well , each class has it's pros n cons. ultimately , we mage are just a little challenging :)

falmear
03-27-2014, 03:19 AM
chance on hit to apply a pushback to enemies which I've NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER seen

Its there its just not very noticeable. But when you do start to notice it, its kind of annoying. Basically if you see a mob move away from you while firing the staff its the push back effect. I most notice it lately on the first tindirin map when farming for teeth on the 2 mini bosses next to the egg. I use the push back to move the mobs into the egg to maximize AOE damage.

keikali
03-27-2014, 07:49 AM
I recently sold my Kershal and I'm using my old Mythic Staff. I could say I really didn't miss it much and don't plan on rebuying one in the future.

Rean
03-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Actually, I would just love it if they can simply change shadowflare to the normal attack procs. Either,

- Expedition Rifle chain lightning proc, or
- Magmatic Totem inferno vacuum proc

At least it seems more useful.

puresai
03-31-2014, 08:30 PM
hello fellow mages~~

Sephiroth143
05-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Hey sts, juz fix the issue n see how it went for few days, if people start to complaint its overpowerin, den chg it back. Settle. No harm done wat. Or u can think of somethin else to fix it without overpowerin it. If 1.6 secs too long, shorten it to 1.3 secs. U dont hvta follow exactly wat they said if 1sec is overpowerin on ur stat of mind. 1.3-1.4 secs wld b moderate n acceptable includin all the laggin we hvta put up with. N tat mana regen proc, tat is stupidity. Mages owned too much mana, why nd mana regen? Illogical man. Tat also ndta fix. Oh man, theres alot ndta fix on tis weapon, 60 int so totally not needed. U fix the problems tat ar illogical matter, i can call it an arcane weapon. U dont fix tis, i call it 2nd hand midget temporarily weapon juzta fill up ur necessary obligence on mages coz mages ar indeed primary class. Still an open book for tis issue.

Instanthumor
05-09-2014, 03:02 PM
2nd hand midget temporarily weapon

Lol.

Expedition Rifle is less than 1k. Kershal Scepter is over 30 million gold.

The Kershal Scepter is NOT 30,000 times better than the Expedition Rifle.

phillyr
05-25-2014, 06:37 PM
The arcane staff was DOA and has been made worse after the update. New mythic gun is what we hace to look forward to...unless the nerf the crap out of it also

will0
05-25-2014, 07:44 PM
bad thing of new mythic gun there's lack of crit % but overall 10x better than kershal :)

Crowsfoot
05-25-2014, 09:58 PM
Lol, glitch for sure in stat preview.