PDA

View Full Version : Should there be mob arena?

Thewitch
01-29-2014, 12:22 PM
In Arcane Legends we have 3 different playing modes: Normal PvE, PvP and Arena.

For those who dont know, Arena is place where you and your friends fight against boss from PvE map. For example, you can fight against Mother, Grimnr or Captain Rutger there. The bosses are much harder there than in normal mode, but you get achievements when kill bosses.

Anyway, I have thinked about 4th game mode. It's like "Mob arena" where you and your friends fight against mobs and time. First the mobs can be easy (like goblins) and there can come several of them. When you survive longer, there will be harder mobs and more of them will come.
Fighting against time should be fun. More and more mobs will come, so your team needs warriors, rogues and mages to defeat them all. Without warriors you'll die too fast without rogues and mages there will be too much of mobs....
Achievements can be like "Survive 5min in mob arena" etc. and there can be leaderboard times for longest surviving time.

Thank you for reading my idea and please give comments, ideas etc :)

keikali
01-29-2014, 12:24 PM
Someone suggested something similar to this way back with waves of mobs.

Sheener
01-29-2014, 12:25 PM
That sounds super cool. I want that

Breezzee
01-29-2014, 12:30 PM
In Arcane Legends we have 3 different playing modes: Normal PvE, PvP and Arena.

For those who dont know, Arena is place where you and your friends fight against boss from PvE map. For example, you can fight against Mother, Grimnr or Captain Rutger there. The bosses are much harder there than in normal mode, but you get achievements when kill bosses.

Anyway, I have thinked about 4th game mode. It's like "Mob arena" where you and your friends fight against mobs and time. First the mobs can be easy (like goblins) and there can come several of them. When you survive longer, there will be harder mobs and more of them will come.
Fighting against time should be fun. More and more mobs will come, so your team needs warriors, rogues and mages to defeat them all. Without warriors you'll die too fast without rogues and mages there will be too much of mobs....
Achievements can be like "Survive 5min in mob arena" etc. and there can be leaderboard times for longest surviving time.

Thank you for reading my idea and please give comments, ideas etc :)
Nice suggestion witch. Will be arena for mages ;))

Hectororius
01-29-2014, 12:36 PM
Someone suggested something similar to this way back with waves of mobs.

yeah, me and like 20 other people lol..

Still, good to see more people want this time of game mode added to AL

Striderevil
01-29-2014, 12:58 PM
Would be awesome especially for mages considering they cannot in their right minds do arena without a war or rogue

Hiosahaf
01-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Would also be good if they provided some loot after 5 mins of survival or so..you know, just as an incentive to people who already completed it.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thewitch
01-29-2014, 02:13 PM
Would also be good if they provided some loot after 5 mins of survival or so..you know, just as an incentive to people who already completed it.

Thats true :) There can be some "elite mobs" (like those in normal ashral tower, ashral heart) that who will spawn there and they can give loot :)
Thats only my opinion and i hope that all of you gives their own too :)

Thank you for feedback :D

Zylx
01-30-2014, 02:22 AM
Do i hear PvE kill farming? Possibly...

Tizzle
01-30-2014, 04:25 AM
I'd like to see this! I remember a game called my online that had the same kind of arena. They also spawned bosses.

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk

Hiosahaf
01-30-2014, 05:23 AM
I'd like to see this! I remember a game called my online that had the same kind of arena. They also spawned bosses.

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk

Not in favour of bosses in this. Maybe new kinda mobs, but should be purely mob based. Maybe with an arcane drop after 10 hours of playtime :p kidding

Tizzle
01-30-2014, 10:56 AM
Not in favour of bosses in this. Maybe new kinda mobs, but should be purely mob based. Maybe with an arcane drop after 10 hours of playtime :p kidding

Look up "mu online arena"

Hiosahaf
01-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Hmm..read about it now..the guild thing right?
If we want bosses, we have the shuyal arena..purely mobs is my preference. Just my opinion :)

Tizzle
01-30-2014, 11:02 AM
check that out. Its pretty cool I used to play. But something that that with a stg twist. Maybe like monsters from a range of stg games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFgqBmkIbDA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

borix
01-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Sounds kewl. Something from Roman Empire times. We could all be gladiators.

Madnex
01-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Hold on a second. We already have the arena for bosses. If we get an arena for mobs too, who the hell's going to play the normal maps??

borix
01-30-2014, 11:13 AM
I will.

Hiosahaf
01-30-2014, 11:16 AM
Hold on a second. We already have the arena for bosses. If we get an arena for mobs too, who the hell's going to play the normal maps??

The farmers! :p :D I'd stick to the normal/elite maps though. It's just a nice new concept I like. Determine how long you can hold off those mobs :D

Tizzle
01-30-2014, 11:16 AM
Technically we already have the mines...

VenomsChaos
01-31-2014, 05:33 AM
played 2-3 game as u said... joining arena and every 5-10 vave for a boss summoning.. every vave mobs geting much and harder... need a good difficult calculate for this idea, if its not a good difficult a while later everyone will stack on same vave...

nelson131
01-31-2014, 06:27 AM
nice.......perhaps high rate of dropping locked crates?

lethaljade
01-31-2014, 07:35 AM
The mobs would have to be elite otherwise the longest remaining time would be 5 days or something crazy, unless there was onky a limited amount of pots you was allowed to use, then maybe it would work, nice idea.

Hoardseeker
01-31-2014, 08:37 AM
nice.......perhaps high rate of dropping locked crates?
Like it! +1

Hectororius
01-31-2014, 08:52 AM
The mobs would have to be elite otherwise the longest remaining time would be 5 days or something crazy, unless there was onky a limited amount of pots you was allowed to use, then maybe it would work, nice idea.

I think something similar to PvP where there's no pot access should make the challenge that more interesting and team composition and pet selection will play a bigger part in it. if they allowed pots, then technically you could play till you run outta gold...

borix
01-31-2014, 09:41 AM
I think something similar to PvP where there's no pot access should make the challenge that more interesting...

+1

I like this idea.

Thewitch
01-31-2014, 12:25 PM
Thank you everyone for Awesome feedback :D