PDA

View Full Version : New Arcane pet single is Too OP! huge different in stats to the rest of arcane pets!

Daddyblu
01-30-2014, 12:52 AM
It won't be officially announced until tomorrow, but you special insiders get a sneak peak! Take a look at the new Arcane Pet, Singe.

Keep and eye out for the official announcement tomorrow to find out more.

Guys dont you think the new arcane pet single is too over powered?

that it makes the rest of arcane pet like a mythic pets?

Maybe STS should stat to balance things... since they are on the same class arcane pets

what is the advantage if All arcane pets are Balance in Stat wise?

1.the Price gap will be close to each other
2. People who will open crates or elite Box wont be sad if they get a Hammerjaw, glaicain or samael since arcane pets will have a close price range.
3. PVP will also be balance.

Currently at work please input your comments.

Kakashis
01-30-2014, 12:55 AM
it's already posted in another thread by zeus! but yes, we all agree with you

Zylx
01-30-2014, 12:58 AM
It's a new arcane pet. Of course it's gonna be more OP than the older pets. The old epic/legendary pets from season 1 have appropriate stat bonuses for that season. Now they are really weak. Like how timber has +5% damage. That was a reasonable starter pet for beginning-game players. Now the newer pets offer much more beneficial passive increases and abilities. You seriously cant expect all arcane pets to be the same! I hate when people complain about newer stuff being better than the older stuff. It's life. Deal with it.

Daddyblu
01-30-2014, 01:10 AM
It's a new arcane pet. Of course it's gonna be more OP than the older pets. The old epic/legendary pets from season 1 have appropriate stat bonuses for that season. Now they are really weak. Like how timber has +5% damage. That was a reasonable starter pet for beginning-game players. Now the newer pets offer much more beneficial passive increases and abilities. You seriously cant expect all arcane pets to be the same!

I did not say the same but more on balance in terms if stat bonus or arcane ability.

Pets are not like mythic armors pet level up.

If two arcane pet with same level and there is a Huge Gap in stats and ability lets say Hammerjaw and Single. both level 36

hammerjaw 10%crit +15 str +15dex +75 mana +8 mana regen.

Compare to Singe +12% damage +30 to all stats +15 str, int , dex 4% deduce damage.

will you consider Hammerjaw a arcane reliability pet? i think crawley is way more better than hammer jaw.

since we want to think that hammerjaw is a arcane pet it should have the stats or ability of an arcane pet. it should stand on its name ARCANE PET

we dont want to wait hammer price drop down to 1m...

open crates got a arcane pet and red letter banner but its hammerjaw.. i cry lol

Zylx
01-30-2014, 01:24 AM
I did not say the same but more on balance in terms if stat bonus or arcane ability.

If two arcane pet with same level and there is a Huge Gap in stats and ability lets say Hammerjaw and Single. both level 36

Compare to Single +12% damage +30 to all stats +15 str, int , dex 4% deduce damage.

will you consider Hammerjaw a arcane reliability pet? i think crawley is way more better than hammer jaw.

since we want to think that hammerjaw is a arcane pet it should have the stats or ability of an arcane pet. it should stand on its name ARCANE PET

open crates got a arcane pet and red letter banner but its hammerjaw.. i cry lol

I totally get what you mean. It's a bummer when you have a really cool thing and something comes out that makes it look like trash. But if STG keeps all the pets balanced (hypothetically), then there would be no diversity in pvp. Warrior vs warrior (balanced) would go on and on and on and on (in fact, they already do)... It'd be boring. Sure you spent countless time, gold, and work on getting something, but u cant expect it to last forever. It lasts you until something better comes out. Cuz if the midas touch people already have the best stuff, and something new comes out that's balanced, what's the point in buying it?

kjed
01-30-2014, 01:34 AM
I totally get what you mean. It's a bummer when you have a really cool thing and something comes out that makes it look like trash. But if STG keeps all the pets balanced (hypothetically), then there would be no diversity in pvp. Warrior vs warrior (balanced) would go on and on and on and on (in fact, they already do)... It'd be boring. Sure you spent countless time, gold, and work on getting something, but u cant expect it to last forever. It lasts you until something better comes out. Cuz if the midas touch people already have the best stuff, and something new comes out that's balanced, what's the point in buying it?

Agree!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

falmear
01-30-2014, 01:42 AM
They have to make every arcane pet better then the next, its their business model. Only arcane pets drop from crates and not any elite chest. Why would you open crates if its not better then what you have? Also if you see what happened with Whim, people are unhappy with this pet. So this seems like a reaction to that because Whim is a disappointment to many. This pet goes in the opposite direction and they made it very OP. For me I would still use Samael but if I were a warrior I would take this new arcane pet. With this pet warriors will be even harder to kill. This season and it looks like the next have been and will be the best seasons for warriors.

Daddyblu
01-30-2014, 01:45 AM

there is a lot of reason to buy the new pet... each of them has a rare arcane ability. the look also matter.

for example Glacian very good in support it is good for team farming it help your party save position and less deaths due to its arcane ability.

Hammerjaw arcane is good buff for damage.

Samael arcane is good for stunning opponents and also healing allies in rage.

each pets has its own unique way. that's already a reason why we buy it.

what im telling is the stat bonus of each pet should be balance.

Daddyblu
01-30-2014, 01:48 AM
They have to make every arcane pet better then the next, its their business model. Only arcane pets drop from crates and not any elite chest. Why would you open crates if its not better then what you have? Also if you see what happened with Whim, people are unhappy with this pet. So this seems like a reaction to that because Whim is a disappointment to many. This pet goes in the opposite direction and they made it very OP. For me I would still use Samael but if I were a warrior I would take this new arcane pet. With this pet warriors will be even harder to kill. This season and it looks like the next have been and will be the best seasons for warriors.

I am a warrior and yes ill get this pet... but i dont like they way it go.. warrior are already to OP and out balance specially if your using 5 skills build and pet spam skills.

I just the game to be balance and more fun..

Zylx
01-30-2014, 02:00 AM
there is a lot of reason to buy the new pet... each of them has a rare arcane ability. the look also matter.

for example Glacian very good in support it is good for team farming it help your party save position and less deaths due to its arcane ability.

Hammerjaw arcane is good buff for damage.

Samael arcane is good for stunning opponents and also healing allies in rage.

each pets has its own unique way. that's already a reason why we buy it.

what im telling is the stat bonus of each pet should be balance.

Those pets are still hard to get. A majority of players dont have any arcane pets. The people who do have a slight upperhand on those who dont. But there'll come a time when those pets arent good enough.

Say you buy a top-of-the-line gaming computer. You spend ~$1,000 on it. 10 years from now, that computer will be obsolete. Why? Cuz technology is always evolving. Its always trying to better itself.

This new pet is a really cool looking pet. But looks are not what separates it from the other pets. Singe doesnt make the other pets useless. Those other arcane pets still give their owners power over the non-arcane owners. But now is the time to make something better. There needs to be something that gives them a run for their money.

Xeusx
01-30-2014, 05:13 AM
Yea, i agree too because the arcane ability and the stats!
What happen if you activate the arcane ability? Its op, it can make you strong and deadly lol

becky_xil
01-30-2014, 05:21 AM
Yes OP.. even for end game.. if twink lv8 use it.. haha..

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Daddyblu
01-30-2014, 05:24 AM
LOL if your a twink and you have this pet you will be king of the ring!

Haligali
01-30-2014, 05:34 AM
Who used malison nowadays? Pvp is only about samael and its arcane and passive panic ability, not the rough stats.

eeknoh
01-30-2014, 05:45 AM
I think each new pet should outdo the last overall statwise, but I do think this one is a bit on the extreme side. Its literally almost double other arcane pets..

I'm hoping if they're insisting on releasing it as is, they plan on all the new items and content to coincide in terms of stat increases over the old. I'd hate to have 1 pet dominate the game for months on end like samael has, in its own way. But insuppose that's the point..

The balance of the game has been crap since I've been playing. Its not a good thing for one person to be able to complete all the newest 'group' content by themselves. I'd like to see some real endgame. Stop pushing the mobile aspect so hard, its really not that important. Yes I play on the go, as do many, but I'm almost always sitting somewhere with WiFi. Make dungeons longer and more involved, strategywise. Its been dabbled in with eencounters like bael, mardrom, bloodhammer..more more more!!

Haligali
01-30-2014, 06:04 AM
I think each new pet should outdo the last overall statwise, but I do think this one is a bit on the extreme side. Its literally almost double other arcane pets..

I'm hoping if they're insisting on releasing it as is, they plan on all the new items and content to coincide in terms of stat increases over the old. I'd hate to have 1 pet dominate the game for months on end like samael has, in its own way. But insuppose that's the point..

The balance of the game has been crap since I've been playing. Its not a good thing for one person to be able to complete all the newest 'group' content by themselves. I'd like to see some real endgame. Stop pushing the mobile aspect so hard, its really not that important. Yes I play on the go, as do many, but I'm almost always sitting somewhere with WiFi. Make dungeons longer and more involved, strategywise. Its been dabbled in with eencounters like bael, mardrom, bloodhammer..more more more!!

I would like to see also more variety of pets when i enter a pvp room, not only group of samaels.

Emmacheese
01-30-2014, 06:34 AM
Guys dont you think the new arcane pet single is too over powered?

that it makes the rest of arcane pet like a mythic pets?

Maybe STS should stat to balance things... since they are on the same class arcane pets

what is the advantage if All arcane pets are Balance in Stat wise?

1.the Price gap will be close to each other
2. People who will open crates or elite Box wont be sad if they get a Hammerjaw, glaicain or samael since arcane pets will have a close price range.
3. PVP will also be balance.

Currently at work please input your comments.
It's a JOKE. Considering whims are what a month or 2 old? And now just meh

How about sts fix what's broken rather than spend time and add new stuff, I can promise that the customers would prefer this .....

c'est la vie

Daddyblu
01-30-2014, 06:56 AM
It's a JOKE. Considering whims are what a month or 2 old? And now just meh

How about sts fix what's broken rather than spend time and add new stuff, I can promise that the customers would prefer this .....

c'est la vie

Ohhh yah they should boost the stats of whim brothers i mean +25 to basic +10 int then 15% damage 10% dodge 15% movement speed.

maybe it should be +25 to basic / +15 int /dex/ str then removed dodge 10% and change it to Critical 10%.

the arcane ability should be pull enemy at range and 100% stun :P

Hoardseeker
01-30-2014, 07:05 AM
It's a new arcane pet. Of course it's gonna be more OP than the older pets. The old epic/legendary pets from season 1 have appropriate stat bonuses for that season. Now they are really weak. Like how timber has +5% damage. That was a reasonable starter pet for beginning-game players. Now the newer pets offer much more beneficial passive increases and abilities. You seriously cant expect all arcane pets to be the same!

Compare to Singe +12% damage +30 to all stats +15 str, int , dex 4% deduce damage.

I think hammer jaw is legendary pet now . It was arcane before and now its like legendary pet and the next season epic pet then rare then common then hj is trash at lv66 expansion(i'm going too fast?)and I totally agreed with you sprt

But you must made this thread after expansion...so I could get my hj for 1mil :P

alexdroog
01-30-2014, 07:39 AM
Dear STG,
what are the passive stats at 10, 15, 20 and 30 like?

i.e. Hammerjaw
Happiness Bonus: +10% Damage, +10 To Primary Stat, +10 STR, +10 DEX, +10 INT, and +6 Mana Regen

Arcane Ability: Voracity
Leaps up and buffs all group members with +10 STR, DEX, INT and +5% Crit for 8 seconds.
Cool down: 25s

Passive Ability L1: Chomp
Chomps a single target.
Passive Ability L5: Heavy Chomp
Damages a single target and has a chance to reduce armor by 10%.
Passive Ability L10: Vicious Teeth
Damages a single target and chance to reduce armor by 10%, slow by 30%.
Passive Ability L15: Sinew Slash
Damages a single target and has a chance to stun, reduce armor by 10%, and slow the enemy.
Passive Ability L20: Mauling Jaws
Damages a single target and has a chance to Stun, snare, bleed, and reduce enemy defense by 10%.
Passive Ability L30: Jaws of Death
Damages multiple targets and has a chance to stun, snare, bleed, reduce enemy defense or crit by 10%.

Emmacheese
01-30-2014, 08:19 AM
Ohhh yah they should boost the stats of whim brothers i mean +25 to basic +10 int then 15% damage 10% dodge 15% movement speed.

maybe it should be +25 to basic / +15 int /dex/ str then removed dodge 10% and change it to Critical 10%.

the arcane ability should be pull enemy at range and 100% stun :P

Lol you clearly haven't used the arcane ability

overpowermage
01-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Hammerjaw will become cheaoer soon,I am so regret as I opened it 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

lethaljade
01-30-2014, 08:41 AM
I sort of agree if hammerjaw was 10 plat in the store I wouldn't bother getting it, no point wasting money on a low level arcane pet that stands no chance against people with the current top arcane, I can see hammerjaw eventually dropping to 5m in a few seasons, but in a way that gives other players with less in game money a chance to get a arcane pet, and the arcane achievement. I agree this new pet seems too over powered but every new arcane , (except for whim) has always made the previous seasons pet look so underpowered, but I prefer it that way, as if I loot this pet I want it to be overpowered, and sure everybody else who loots or buys this pet will expect it to be better then the latest arcane pet (samael), otherwise what would be the point buying it, pr trying to loot it :)

Daddyblu
01-30-2014, 08:47 AM
Lol you clearly haven't used the arcane ability

LOL nope its a useless pet for me... dont even have time to level it up

Daddyblu
01-30-2014, 08:49 AM
I sort of agree if hammerjaw was 10 plat in the store I wouldn't bother getting it, no point wasting money on a low level arcane pet that stands no chance against people with the current top arcane, I can see hammerjaw eventually dropping to 5m in a few seasons, but in a way that gives other players with less in game money a chance to get a arcane pet, and the arcane achievement. I agree this new pet seems too over powered but every new arcane , (except for whim) has always made the previous seasons pet look so underpowered, but I prefer it that way, as if I loot this pet I want it to be overpowered, and sure everybody else who loots or buys this pet will expect it to be better then the latest arcane pet (samael), otherwise what would be the point buying it, pr trying to loot it :)

whim bothers are not a arcane pet for PVP or farm..

they are label arcane pet because they are cute :P

lethaljade
01-30-2014, 09:09 AM

I think theyre ugly D: lol! Not bad for pve though :)

Samhayne
01-30-2014, 09:15 AM
There are other considerations to balance that you are not taking into account. For example, the pets normal attacks, which varies a decent bit and can account for a lot of damage over time. Our design team will be following up with some observations on pet balance and Singe's design later today.

wvhills
01-30-2014, 09:24 AM
There are other considerations to balance that you are not taking into account. For example, the pets normal attacks, which varies a decent bit and can account for a lot of damage over time. Our design team will be following up with some observations on pet balance and Singe's design later today.

u need no damage over time in pvp.

Rare
01-30-2014, 09:35 AM
Man... what did people expect? That every arcane pet going forward would be comparable to the ones already here?

Imagine if the next arcane blades had to remain comparable in stats to the last ones. Or the next maul. Come on people. New things come out that are better than the old things. That's the way its suppose to be.

keikali
01-30-2014, 09:36 AM
Man... what did people expect? That every arcane pet going forward would be comparable to the ones already here?

Imagine if the next arcane blades had to remain comparable in stats to the last ones. Or the next maul. Come on people. New things come out that are better than the old things. That's the way its suppose to be.

Exactly. What business model stays the same or stagnant instead of going forward making newer and better changes then the prior?

I can't believe a majority of the players in this community. You can never make ANYONE happy. Deal with it.

Rare
01-30-2014, 09:36 AM

Have you ever farmed elite with someone using whim?

SingleZblow
01-30-2014, 10:16 AM
wow, crazy pet XD

Ninthplague
01-30-2014, 10:23 AM
I agree that arcane pets should be balanced. Pets are different from items, you can always trash any item but pets stays with u forever.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Hoardseeker
01-30-2014, 10:47 AM

Weapons are level wise!!! THE PETS ARE NOT LEVEL WISE!!! You can't expect a level 26 arcane blades equal to level 41 arcane blade/bow....But pet are Lv1 At the time you get them....

Zeus
01-30-2014, 10:59 AM
Weapons are level wise!!! THE PETS ARE NOT LEVEL WISE!!! You can't expect a level 26 arcane blades equal to level 41 arcane blade/bow....But pet are Lv1 At the time you get them....

So you are telling me that a season 1 pet should have comparable stats to a season 5 pet? O__O

epicrrr
01-30-2014, 11:00 AM
A 8 or 10 got this, meh game changer, I agree the stat upgrade on SINGE is very far from Hammerjaw; +60 prim stat thats like 2 lvl 11 combine (stat points wise)

Hiosahaf
01-30-2014, 11:07 AM
Exactly. What business model stays the same or stagnant instead of going forward making newer and better changes then the prior?

I can't believe a majority of the players in this community. You can never make ANYONE happy. Deal with it.

This. There's always some rant about whatever STS releases :p
Although I guess the real issue here is the stat buff it provides. That's a bit too extreme and that would decidedly be the game changer in pvp.
Keeping up with this trend, they might also release stronger legen and mythic pets (compared to shuyal) for the expansion.

karrdath
01-30-2014, 11:12 AM
I stick with my gupa^-^

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Rare
01-30-2014, 11:12 AM

Think more about what you just said.

Weapons should upgrade stats based on level. Pets should stay about the same (other than attack damage).

Anarchist
01-30-2014, 11:22 AM
So you are telling me that a season 1 pet should have comparable stats to a season 5 pet? O__O

The matter is not that the new arcane pets shouldn't be better than the previous IMHO the problem are three and they lie in the future:

1. this pet is too powerful following the policy of making new stronger pets every expansion to keep players interested in popping crates, just like someone said, next season arcane pet will be a 2nd player instead of a pet.

2. All the other pets arcane included will become obsolete compaired to the new arcane pet.

3. AL will turn into a Pay to Win, were who has Singe gets 100% win.

Dont know why but i see Singe has the begining of a P2W road.

Zeus
01-30-2014, 11:30 AM
The matter is not that the new arcane pets shouldn't be better than the previous IMHO the problem are three and they lie in the future:

1. this pet is too powerful following the policy of making new stronger pets every expansion to keep players interested in popping crates, next season pet will be a 2nd player instead of a pet.

2. All the other pets arcane included will become obsolete compaired to the new arcane pet.

Weaknesses of Singe:
• Lacking of critical, especially for other classes.
• Lack of MP regen - this is especially important for rogues in PvP. With the new summon/dismiss nerf coming, mana regen will be needed more than ever.
• Its AA stuns as opposed to Samael's which terrifies. The difference is that in PvP, this will mean that once you use your own class related stuns, you will not be able to utilize the arcane ability's stun.

There are still some things which this arcane pet is not as good at. I think we should let people use it in game and see how it is used in real situations before determining if it is OP or not.

However, for twinks, yes - it is an OP pet. xD

wvhills
01-30-2014, 11:37 AM
Weaknesses of Singe:
• Lack of MP regen - this is especially important for rogues in PvP. With the new summon/dismiss nerf coming, mana regen will be needed more than ever.
• Its AA stuns as opposed to Samael's which terrifies. The difference is that in PvP, this will mean that once you use your own class related stuns, you will not be able to utilize the arcane ability's stun.

There are still some things which this arcane pet is not as good at. I think we should let people use it in game and see how it is used in real situations before determining if it is OP or not.

Imo, lack of mana regen is not an issue. The +4 or 5 u usually see on pets doesn't make that much of a difference when u have 1500 mana (as a rogue). The crit is somewhat important but even if u don't have the 10 crit how is that going to make a big difference when u have 600 health directly from the pet plus another 200-300 from the off stats?

The only way I won't continue to rage about this is if they introduce a similar mythic rarity pet u can buy for 250 plat that is a little weaker (the way they did with slag-glacian). Imo, sts is dangling the plat buying carrot too much in this case.

Sceazikua
01-30-2014, 11:40 AM
Can you remove the armor on the pet? It doesnt fit with him that makes him not good looking.

gumball3000
01-30-2014, 11:42 AM
Valkin gives +45 STR to warriors so having an arcane pet that gives +60 primary and +15 to the other 2 stats is not that op.

Anarchist
01-30-2014, 11:42 AM
Weaknesses of Singe:

These are weak points +60primary stat +30 +30 other stats +4% damage reduction -10 armor And enemy hit chance over compensate any crit..

With Singe not only you will have +30 int but you will kill much faster as a rogue due to primary stat +60 boost ergo consuming lesser mana than ever before.

The stun can be timed to have maximum effectiveness.

Come on Zeus it is too strong next arcane pet as i said at this rate will be a second player by your side.

Zeus
01-30-2014, 11:50 AM
These are weak points +60primary stat +30 +30 other stats +4% damage reduction -10 armor And enemy hit chance over compensate any crit..

With Singe not only you will have +30 int but you will kill much faster as a rogue due to primary stat +60 boost ergo consuming lesser mana than ever before.

The stun can be timed to have maximum effectiveness.

Come on Zeus it is too strong next arcane pet as i said at this rate will be a second player by your side.

Just as Samael was strong when it was released.

Perhaps people don't remember, but if I recall correctly... the other arcane pets needed to be buffed due to how OP Sam was. The stats are within line for next season - if you want it, buy it. Otherwise? Well, now you have a goal to save to. :)

Rare
01-30-2014, 11:52 AM

1. this pet is too powerful following the policy of making new stronger pets every expansion to keep players interested in popping crates, just like someone said, next season arcane pet will be a 2nd player instead of a pet.

Dont know why but i see Singe has the begining of a P2W road.

That isn't true. We haven't seen any of the other new pets to come. So to say all other pets are obsolete is a little premature. Add long as the legendary and mythic pets get a sizeable bump also, everything will be ok.

Additionally, it's an arcane rarity pet. They're very rare. So other pets are not by any means obsolete.

Maybe for people that have every arcane, yes. But sts should not cater to these people.

Haligali
01-30-2014, 12:06 PM
That isn't true. We haven't seen any of the other new pets to come. So to say all other pets are obsolete is a little premature. Add long as the legendary and mythic pets get a sizeable bump also, everything will be ok.

Additionally, it's an arcane rarity pet. They're very rare. So other pets are not by any means obsolete.

Maybe for people that have every arcane, yes. But sts should not cater to these people.

And what about whim, if i enter a pvp room i have been called "whim noob". And what about arcane staff, which is well needed, if i want competitive as a mage versus mythic dagger rogues, and if i want stay alive more than 10 second versus warriors with mythic/arcane weapons.

Anarchist
01-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Just as Samael was strong when it was released.

Perhaps people don't remember, but if I recall correctly... the other arcane pets needed to be buffed due to how OP Sam was. The stats are within line for next season - if you want it, buy it. Otherwise? Well, now you have a goal to save to. :)

Samael is op in a good way is major power comes from is passive, is passive attack and is AA not from abnormous stat buff.

Even though Samael is, or better, was OP it didn't outshine completely the pet before him due to the fact is power was from a specific source and not a overall beast stat buff.

The other pets had a chance with Samael cause he lacked in some things, now compared to Singe they are all babies cause Singe has no weak point.

(Since my observations are based on what i read on paper henceforth i will wait for real pratical test ig before further comments.)

Zeus
01-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Samael is op in a good way is major power comes from is passive, is passive attack and is AA not from abnormous stat buff.

Even though Samael is, or better, was OP it didn't outshine completely the pet before him due to the fact is power was from a specific source and not a overall beast stat buff.

The other pets had a chance with Samael cause he lacked in some things, now compared to Singe they are all babies cause Singe has no weak point.

(Since my observations are based on what i read on paper henceforth i will wait for real pratical test ig before further comments.)

Actually, during when it was first released... Samael had an OP happiness bonus as well - equivalent to the ratio of how Singe is dwarfing all other arcane pet's happiness bonus. The other arcane pets needed to be buffed in order to hold relative justification towards still keeping them in crates which is why you see things like + primary stats on pets like Hammerjaw and Glacian. These + primary stats were not there before, but they were added in on the last month of S3 & going into S4.

Madnex
01-30-2014, 12:43 PM
Finally someone who remembers how OP sammy used to be/still is. Zeus, I'm out of thanks. Do you accept chocolate cookies?

Zylx
01-30-2014, 12:45 PM
I'm going to bring this up again. The new pets should be better than the old pets. STG is coming out with a new pet. Sure it'll be worth a lot more than the other pets, but that's how the evolution of technology works.

I support every decision being made by STG and i put forth my trust in the fact that they know what they are doing. Every decision they make has reasons behind them. If STG really wanted to make this pet at the same level as the other arcane pets, they'd have done it. But they havent done it because it'll interfere with their business model. An upgrade (this pet) should make the game better, not worse. So everyone, stop complaining about every single decision put forth by the Spacetime development team. Applaud Spacetime for this really cool pet. [Applause]

Zuzeq
01-30-2014, 12:50 PM
At the end of the day AL is ongoing. New Arcane pets must be on par w/ the toon lvl of their release. The base stat bumps must meet the growing toon. The past Arcane pets can't get bumped very time a new one comes along. It would benefit the game and other Arcane pet owners if the bonuses and or abilities of the past released Arcane pets remain competitive, but we shouldn't expect the amount of base stats it grants to forever be on par. What makes Arcane pets special are their abilities. Every Arcane pet will still retain some type of purpose. I didn't forget about my HJ when I got Whim, due to HJ being a better in boss fights. He will always be better for a boss fight over Whim and Whim will always be better against a mob than HJ. These are made to be specialty pets not one to rule them all in every area. This new pet will be no different. I do agree with the comment that a similar pet release at the Mythic level should be released to compensate for those who arent fortunate enough to obtain such Rare pets. Not sure why they have "Abanddoned" that practice.

eeknoh
01-30-2014, 12:51 PM
Actually, during when it was first released... Samael had an OP happiness bonus as well - equivalent to the ratio of how Singe is dwarfing all other arcane pet's happiness bonus. The other arcane pets needed to be buffed in order to hold relative justification towards still keeping them in crates which is why you see things like + primary stats on pets like Hammerjaw and Glacian. These + primary stats were not there before, but they were added in on the last month of S3 & going into S4.

If they buff the other arcane pets, all mythic pets, legendary also, then it will be ok... You said yourself they had to bring the others inline when Sam came out...will they do the same here?

In terms of raw stat numbers its to much of a gap right now.

They can release new more interesting pets without just adding big numbers. Whim is interesting, and if they ever fix it it will be a great pet, and even as is its pretty cool(albeit almost useless without a range adjustment)especially in pve. and while the stats aren't the most desirable, they're compareable to the other arcane.

Samael was creative, Whim was creative, this pet is just sharkswitlazers pewpew.

Zeus
01-30-2014, 01:49 PM
If they buff the other arcane pets, all mythic pets, legendary also, then it will be ok... You said yourself they had to bring the others inline when Sam came out...will they do the same here?

In terms of raw stat numbers its to much of a gap right now.

They can release new more interesting pets without just adding big numbers. Whim is interesting, and if they ever fix it it will be a great pet, and even as is its pretty cool(albeit almost useless without a range adjustment)especially in pve. and while the stats aren't the most desirable, they're compareable to the other arcane.

Samael was creative, Whim was creative, this pet is just sharkswitlazers pewpew.

I assume they will buff them up, which is why I am not complaining. Also to their business model, it would make no sense to have one very good arcane pet while the others are not as competitive. Personally, I expect the buff to be after the initial Singe craze wears off.

@Madnex Yes, I love chocolate! :p

Madnex
01-30-2014, 01:59 PM
I don't like how everyone has jumped on the new bad-pet-sts bandwaggon just because this new pet is going to stir the waters. Rejecting it before you even test it is plainly bias based on the fear of losing the top-eared spot samael has earned you. So you would accept something that is relatively better than sammy but not better enough to urge you getting it? Well, newsflash, that's not how businesses run.

xXz21
01-30-2014, 02:11 PM
is not OP. all pets don't need be same. u can select what to buy if u want a arcane cheap pet or if u want a expensive pet.

why people here want to have the same pets just with diferent look? is ok. the game need diferent pets/items not the same with another look.

sure is arcane but not all arcane need be the same with diferent look.

Striderevil
01-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Same as Valkin in where it buffs allies +15. The new arcane only buffs allies so primary is 45 which is not overpowered. Just 10 more than Sam with extra 2% damage. DoT is what will determine if its better than sam though sam passive causes poison which spreads which is awesome

Zeus
01-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Same as Valkin in where it buffs allies +15. The new arcane only buffs allies so primary is 45 which is not overpowered. Just 10 more than Sam with extra 2% damage. DoT is what will determine if its better than sam though sam passive causes poison which spreads which is awesome

See, that's the thing. It grants allies +15. I believe that's their new way of saying that it also grants you +15 as when I buff valkin, it also grants me +15 in my primary stat.

I'm assuming when they mean allies, they mean the pets allies. So, in a way, you are the pet's ally and owner.

Thus, using logical deduction, one can only assume that's the same way this pet will work provided that they are just copying/porting that code.

xXz21
01-30-2014, 02:25 PM

what is the problem? u open crates now and u get a ''doom'' and u get 300k gold from a ''mytic'' item. is the same ;) old pets don't need have same stats this happen bcus pets lv up. if sts change to a create ''requeriment lv to use a pet'' this change all.

and anyone is going to say is OP ;) bcus if theys put hammerjaw usable for lv 30+ theys use a ''twink pet'' and this new arcane only for lv 40+ is a end game pet :) so if a guy open crates and get a lv 40+ pet can sell it for much gold and be rich easy!

thats the problems sts have with pets should have a requeriment level to open or use it ^^

Kakashis
01-30-2014, 02:32 PM
If older pets and equipment have outlived their glory days, they should be discontinued from crates period. If they still drop as the best pet/item, they should be brought up to speed with the others.

Amuze
01-30-2014, 02:34 PM
If it's so OP, go get yourself one. Everybody has the same access to pets, unlike classes having different skill access.

I know it may sting for those who just shelled out big $$$ for Samael or w/e, but it's called progression.

jb57542
01-30-2014, 02:39 PM
I don't like how everyone has jumped on the new bad-pet-sts bandwaggon just because this new pet is going to stir the waters. Rejecting it before you even test it is plainly bias based on the fear of losing the top-eared spot samael has earned you. So you would accept something that is relatively better than sammy but not better enough to urge you getting it? Well, newsflash, that's not how businesses run.

The problem with letting this pet to release to market without correcting stats is they can really mess up the market. How would you feel if you spent tons of gold or plat buying this pet just to have it nerfed later and see it's value drop? That is why it's imperative STS gets a pets stats correct before releasing it to the public.

Remiem
01-30-2014, 03:47 PM
Hey everyone. Thank you for all of your feedback about the new pet. The response was overwhelming! I'm going to close this thread up, but did want to point you guys over to the official statement that Carapace posted a moment ago regarding the new pet: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...new-Arcane-Pet . I hope this answers a lot of your concerns. Thanks again for being part of the conversation.