PDA

View Full Version : [suggestion] leech

Sky_is_epicgearz
01-30-2014, 09:46 AM
What would it be like if mages could leech life from an enemy. Lets say 1/3 of only fireballs DoT will 'leech'. if you think about it the DoT on fire is not as strong as nox so it would not make a huge difference in a 1v1 situation but it would certainly help a little when our shield is on a cooldown. And it would be most effective in a 1vMany situation or 5v5.
i also had a idea for rogues since they cannot regen mana mid-combat unless using a mana regen pet. this idea is similar to the above idea. 1/5 for damage dealt from nox's DoT will be leeched from your opponent. so if the Dot Damage is 100damage then the rogue will recieve 20 mana. i have played on a rogue and if it wasnt for the mana packs that you can find around the map it would take ages to kill warriors.
the reason why im suggesting from something like this is that warrior can regenerate mana quickly with VB and it come with additonal add-ons so maybe other classes should have this too.
Thank you

Zylx
01-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Pvp would be interesting

Ebezaanec
01-30-2014, 07:17 PM
I thought this thread was about finding a way to get rid of leechers in Elite..

But good idea too :D

Instanthumor
01-30-2014, 07:38 PM
+1 if we could add the leech on to Frost!

Solid
01-30-2014, 08:48 PM
Right after rogues get a 2 sec inv.

Ebezaanec
01-30-2014, 10:16 PM
Right after rogues get a 2 sec inv.

Right after Arcane Staff is buffed.

Solid
01-30-2014, 10:38 PM
Right after Arcane Staff is buffed.

Right after arcane bow is released.

Ebezaanec
01-30-2014, 11:36 PM

Probably not a bow. Remember Delph's "Blast to the Past" thread?

Instanthumor
01-30-2014, 11:38 PM

You sure seem like you would do anything to get your class (rogue, arguably the strongest class atm) buffed.

Solid
01-30-2014, 11:45 PM
You sure seem like you would do anything to get your class (rogue, arguably the strongest class atm) buffed.

Strongest class? Plzzzzzzzzzz

Instanthumor
01-30-2014, 11:48 PM
Well tell me, what are rogues not good at? They can kill tanks, mages, and other rogues at 1v1, they are great for PvE, they rock the Times Runs LB, they are important for 5v5's, what have I not listed?

Solid
01-30-2014, 11:51 PM
Well tell me, what are rogues not good at? They can kill tanks, mages, and other rogues at 1v1, they are great for PvE, they rock the Times Runs LB, they are important for 5v5's, what have I not listed?

No Crowd control, no stun skills, no 2 sec inv, 5 skills tanks demolish, 5 skill mages demolish, specilized in SINGLE target DMG, highest stat point (dodge) ineffective in PvP, slower skill charge, men etc.

Imjebus
01-31-2014, 01:20 AM
No Crowd control, no stun skills, no 2 sec inv, 5 skills tanks demolish, 5 skill mages demolish, specilized in SINGLE target DMG, highest stat point (dodge) ineffective in PvP, slower skill charge, men etc.

Lol....this is silly.

Madnex
01-31-2014, 02:25 AM
This is funny indeed. Yeah because, crowd control without roots and just one stun for 7 seconds (a little less than how long the fight lasts) is demolishing. Two second invulnerability was added because um, as proved, you can oneshot stuff. Dodge is not useless, as zeus said you can dodge stuns. Don't tell me you're still supporting that ridiculous idea of any skill charging slower/faster idea across different classes because my chair is high enough from the floor and it's going to hurt while I fall off laughing.

Some people never learn lol.

Instanthumor
01-31-2014, 02:51 AM

Couldn't have said this better myself.

Sky_is_epicgearz
01-31-2014, 06:27 AM
*sighs* well thanks you for the support. Looks like my thread has turned into another 5 skill debate

Imjebus
01-31-2014, 08:34 AM
*sighs* well thanks you for the support. Looks like my thread has turned into another 5 skill debate

Welcome to the AL forums! We enjoy a nice debacle :)

Hoardseeker
01-31-2014, 08:58 AM
+10000000000000000000000000000 change the scorch skill to this!

Morholt
01-31-2014, 11:00 AM
Hellloooo pve immortality on my mage!

Sky_is_epicgearz
01-31-2014, 01:00 PM
Hellloooo pve immortality on my mage!

I wasn't really thinking of this pve-wise but sir you do have a point there (btw I wouldn't call it immortality :P it just means we won't have to spam pots as much). I'm sure we can think of something eh? :)

Solid
01-31-2014, 03:33 PM
This is funny indeed. Yeah because, crowd control without roots and just one stun for 7 seconds (a little less than how long the fight lasts) is demolishing. Two second invulnerability was added because um, as proved, you can oneshot stuff. Dodge is not useless, as zeus said you can dodge stuns. Don't tell me you're still supporting that ridiculous idea of any skill charging slower/faster idea across different classes because my chair is high enough from the floor and it's going to hurt while I fall off laughing.

The only thing you can dodge is AA and auto attacks, the weakest attacks.

Solid
01-31-2014, 03:34 PM

If the sorcerer sucks, indeed; I can one shot.

Morholt
02-01-2014, 01:38 AM
I wasn't really thinking of this pve-wise but sir you do have a point there (btw I wouldn't call it immortality :P it just means we won't have to spam pots as much). I'm sure we can think of something eh? :)I'd feel immortal...what with the huge number of targets fireball hits. Only thing I have to fear then is being 1 shotted. And that isn't really much of a fear to me...I can play defensively quite well.

That's the hard thing with balancing skills in pvp...it will affect the balance of skills in pve. :/

Of course, the skills could say they leech life/mana in pvp only in the description. ^.^

Madnex
02-01-2014, 08:35 AM
The only thing you can dodge is AA and auto attacks, the weakest attacks.
I think your fellow rogue would say something in the lines of: "homework ;D" here. Stuns, pulls and pushes can be dodged.
If the sorcerer sucks, indeed; I can one shot.
Your class can deal up to 3.4k AS with full mythic gear. Shield has something called cooldown; a skill with fifteen times larger cooldown (that goes down in roughly five seconds) must be unimaginable for you. And the issue isn't focused on oneshots, any skill that can cut out at least 90% of any sorc HP is OP as it can easily be followed by a pierce or nox to kill. Play a sorc some time.

Solid
02-01-2014, 05:00 PM
I think your fellow rogue would say something in the lines of: "homework ;D" here. Stuns, pulls and pushes can be dodged.
Your class can deal up to 3.4k AS with full mythic gear. Shield has something called cooldown; a skill with fifteen times larger cooldown (that goes down in roughly five seconds) must be unimaginable for you. And the issue isn't focused on oneshots, any skill that can cut out at least 90% of any sorc HP is OP as it can easily be followed by a pierce or nox to kill. Play a sorc some time.

I think you should read. AA includes stuns, pulls , etc. Maybe you didn't read, or maybe you don't know what an AA is. (Arcane Ability).

Your class can deal 3k crita with lightning.

Also, shield is a defense skill, most rogues use a attack skills- why are you comparing a dog to a cat?

A 3k lightning can be followed by 15% curse tick, or a fireball ! Wow! New knowledge!

If you think rogues are OP then play one or get better soon.

Madnex
02-01-2014, 06:34 PM
AA is arcane ability? Don't tell me lol means... laughing out loud?!

Also a "15% curse tick" after lighting cannot be considered a combo since you need to attack to be hit and no one would attack after being hit by a 3k crit, they'd go for packs. You even got the most basic sorc combo wrong lol, it's charged fireball followed by lighting. And again, unlike yourself, I've actually played and capped a rogue. It's way easier to learn to win in PvP as a rogue - just AS+SP anything that comes in range, drop packs, pick them up as you repeat. Oh and add a NB somewhere in the middle; where exactly doesn't matter since everything is ready to be reused almost as soon as you take your thumb off them.

It's not the whole rogue class that is OP -that title has been proudly owned by warriors for a while- it's AS that just has too much.

I'm up to test this "3k lighting" you speak of and compare the damage and critical success rate of it with the damage and critical success rate of a AS. Add my merch alt whenever.

GoodSyntax
02-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Back to the OP - Give PL a try and see just how devastating Drain actually is.

With Sorcs at the top of the DMG heap at the moment, a Drain that crits would insta-kill just about anything (except maybe a max geared Warrior).

The mechanics of Drain is so overpowering because not only does it land for significant damage, but it is also returned to you as HP. If you combine a Drain with Shield and Heal, that would effectively create an unbalanced, overpowered class that can instantly heal itself through 2 different skills, then shield when on cooldown, and it would also have Lightning or Fireball as a fourth skill in it's arsenal and likely a stun/panic pet like Slag.

Over in PL, before I quit about a year ago, a PvP match for a full INT Staff Mage would be Lightning > Ice > Drain > Fireball > GF.

Here in AL, it would be Fireball > Drain > Stun > Pew, Pew, Pew > Again?

Having been on both sides of it, there is nothing more demoralizing that facing an opponent and not getting a single attack off before you get killed.

Ebezaanec
02-01-2014, 09:06 PM
I think you should read. AA includes stuns, pulls , etc. Maybe you didn't read, or maybe you don't know what an AA is. (Arcane Ability).

Your class can deal 3k crita with lightning.

Also, shield is a defense skill, most rogues use a attack skills- why are you comparing a dog to a cat?

A 3k lightning can be followed by 15% curse tick, or a fireball ! Wow! New knowledge!

If you think rogues are OP then play one or get better soon.

This one just made me LOL.

I would rather you put yourself into the squishy shoes of a mage than to make such biased comments.

I see way more rogues one-shot Crit a mage, than I see mages perform a lucky 3k Crit.

AL was never designed to include PvP. That's why there is so much unbalance. No one complains about being OP towards an Elite Boss, only towards other players. Warriors are best at staying alive, rogues are best at chipping down enemy health, and mages are best at crowd control.

If PvP is about killing and surviving, where does that put mages? Crowd-controlling group fights. You won't see mages owning warriors and rogues consistently. Much to the contrary, you will see mages fleeing.

Once again, mages are best for crowd control. But PvP does not have mobs to control... Only real-time players who adapt faster than AI.

I probably won't change your beliefs, since you will probably use all of that Dodge.

Spell
02-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Hmm I have an ideas =)
How about a Surge skill in lightning ? +15% crits for 4\5 seconds
Or how about a regeneration passive for Heal? Oh wait... =p
How about a circle of spirit spell (would look like the proximity curse from arena only a tad nicer)
Buffs yourself and allies with increased dmg,mana & health Regan,perhaps a small armor boost and burn damage to enemies that enter it =D
Now don't go biting my head off for the ideas I'm suggesting. I'm only a wee mage with big ideas =p

P.s make arcane staffs proc a purple dragon that flies around and debuffs and burns enemies =D instead of the unneeded 10+ mana regen lol I have like 18172771 mana already and I doubt 10+ regen for 5 or six secs is gunna do us any good .then I wouldn't mind the 5second charge ;)