PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Singe, the new Arcane Pet!

Carapace
01-30-2014, 03:07 PM
Hey guys!

We're seeing a lot of threads pop up about the balance concerns regarding the new pet, so I want to go over a handful of things to help alleviate some concerns and provide some insight into why he is this way.

To start, the screen shot was an earlier version of Singe, and in line with the feedback coming through on the forums his base stats will be +10 STR, INT, DEX and not +15 STR, INT, DEX. Everything else is remaining the same.

Points that have been brought up regarding the natural progression of "new and improved" stated pets is certainly accurate. There is a normal progression here, and it does need to be kept close enough to the other pets that the choice becomes more about aesthetics and utility than it does obvious and completely MUST HAVE pets. We want players to enjoy and utilize their favorite pets to accommodate their play style. That's a big win for everyone involved and helps diversify PvP and PvE runs and encounters to a significant extent.

Other reasons the stats feel a bit high is also tied to the release of the new expansion coming soon. With the itemization changes coming into play to help build out future content, this little guy can help make up some of the notable difference in gear through the initial parts of the Dragon Enclave expansion. Additionally, we are toying with the idea of giving all of the arcane pets a level 40 passive attack skill upgrade to help bring them a bit closer in terms of their passive attack abilities.

As always, we're listening and watching. We believe you'll really enjoy playing with Singe, and that concerns regarding his overpowered nature may be alleviated once he's in the wild and a part of Arlor. If other issues come up regarding his abilities or stats however, we will be sure to address them as is necessary.

Happy hunting!
Carapace

Sorcerie
01-30-2014, 03:11 PM
I knew there was going to be a new skill for lvl 40 arcane pets coming!

Solid
01-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Cool cool.

keikali
01-30-2014, 03:13 PM
I knew there was going to be a new skill for lvl 40 arcane pets coming!

Probably the most fairest way to balance out the pets.

Hectororius
01-30-2014, 03:13 PM
They said toying. its not definitive.

Too about about the nerf.. squeeky wheels i guess.

Sorcerie
01-30-2014, 03:15 PM
They said toying. its not definitive.

Too about about the nerf.. squeeky wheels i guess.How else are they going to make arcane pet users happy?

Zeus
01-30-2014, 03:17 PM
Awww... :/

I actually liked the pet the way it was.

Striderevil
01-30-2014, 03:17 PM
Could you look into a new skill for mythic pets as well as the arcanes as rare as it is and at level 40 it would just increase the difference between the 2 classes

Hectororius
01-30-2014, 03:19 PM
OR maybe give Mythics their own passive damage stats that are better than legendary pets?

becky_xil
01-30-2014, 03:19 PM
it is end of the world for twinker soon.. miaahaha

Fidalex
01-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Will there be also the mythic little brother of singe?

aarrgggggg
01-30-2014, 03:53 PM
I would like to state something that no one else has mentioned in this thread.
In roughly 1 months time a new expansion will drop in which we all know there will be new maps,new gear, AND NEW PETS.
Perhaps this pets stats seem OP now but will they still look so OP in 1 month from now????

Along with this new expansion every endgamer in AL will be receiveing a huge stat boost simply by lvling up
On top of that the new gear will give huge stat boosts as well as any new pets will also give huge stat boosts im sure.

I do agree with SAMHAYNE on this it seems as if there is a vast overreaction to this new pet.
With all the new stuff that is scheduled to drop in this game in the near future i feel as if it is unfair to judge STG decision on these stats of just 1 pet as of yet.
To which i might add keep in mind only very few people will be lucky enough to even attain this pet at all.

So no i disagree not all of pvp will be ruined as most people will not have this pet anyways.For the lucky few that do yes they will clearly have an advantage over everyone else, (This is nothing new samael and crawly users had a clear advantage this season)

For those who havent learned yet complaining accomplishes little other than getting things nerfed.

falmear
01-30-2014, 04:05 PM
I play this on your Singe. GG.

Anarchist
01-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Ehi falmear you play Magic?? :)

Anyway the pet isn't useless just because of -5 stats debuff he is still strongly OP.

Come to think of it if mods response and action to complains can be this fast and mages have been complaining for some months now about their weakness and nothing has been done logic conclusion says you guys will ever get your class buff xD.

aarrgggggg
01-30-2014, 04:17 PM

Anyway the pet isn't useless just because of -5 stats debuff he is still strongly OP.

Come to think of it if mods response and action to complains can be this fast and mages have been complaining for some months now about their weakness and nothing has been done logic conclusion says you guys will ever get your class buff xD.STG doesnt like to buff things they like to nerf things instead....My observation

Carapace
01-30-2014, 04:30 PM
I play this on your Singe. GG.

Reunegade
01-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Nice! What is the cd time for this amazing pet?

Anarchist
01-30-2014, 04:44 PM

If Singe was a Magic card...

Uzii
01-30-2014, 04:49 PM
If it fits to the concept of new expansion and new itemization why releasing now? Ofc no one understand the concept, no one saw it in play.
I could care less if its better then the other arcane pets, its the evolution, and it cant be stoped, but i hope the legendary pets will be also awsome and the gap will no be even higher. Bc we all know that the rare pet is not going to be really rare.
But who knows maybe when expansion launches they will announce even more powerfull arcane pet

matanofx
01-30-2014, 04:49 PM
Im impressed, good job everyone

Go and make this expansion as good as shuyal was (i think shuyal was the best expansion yet)

beo
01-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Fix the banner lol

keikali
01-30-2014, 04:55 PM

If you're going to counter him at least use the most OG mana efficient one, jeez man.

And I counter your counter, 2 can play at this game.

Type 1 decks only please, kthx.

Unethical
01-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Maybe it's time for a platinum sale, STS will be making a lot of money during the new singe... :)

PnoyLeet
01-30-2014, 06:55 PM
Wow nice new pet,..all arcane pets are nice and got AOE dmg and attacks multiple enemies.,.but maybe glacian need buff on it's passive ability,..instead of just attacking 2 enemies,..maybe make it 3 - 5,..would be nice,..he he

Striderevil
01-30-2014, 07:00 PM
Its already in the crates? Why would devs release it now instead of when the expansion is released? This is just milking the plats. from players and is not what I thought Stg was all about. Sure timed release in grades is fine but why tempt players with 1 new pet or item at a time? release 3-4 items in game so that there is something for everyone. At the moment most will get some mythic trying for a rare arcane pet and we don't even know the fate of the Mythics currently in system.

Also the 40% chance means a 60% fail rate to arcane to burn and buff allies is not op which makes sammael better for its consistency.

Zeus
01-30-2014, 07:08 PM
Its already in the crates? Why would devs release it now instead of when the expansion is released? This is just milking the plats. from players and is not what I thought Stg was all about. Sure timed release in grades is fine but why tempt players with 1 new pet or item at a time? release 3-4 items in game so that there is something for everyone. At the moment most will get some mythic trying for a rare arcane pet and we don't even know the fate of the Mythics currently in system.

Also the 40% chance means a 60% fail rate to arcane to burn and buff allies is not op which makes sammael better for its consistency.

Strider, the buff allies applies to yourself as well.

Secondly, this is tradition when it comes to arcane pet. The arcane pet is considered a "teaser" to the upcoming expansion. The same was true for Hammerjaw, Glacian, Samael, and now Singe. The only one that did not follow this was The Whim Brothers and that was because they were a holiday Arcane.

Kakashis
01-30-2014, 07:10 PM
I hope that the arcane pets all get a level 40 ability buff!

Raymond05
01-30-2014, 07:26 PM
I hope that the arcane pets all get a level 40 ability buff!

Well, the devs said that all arcane pets will have a new passive ability at level 40. :-)

Energizeric
01-30-2014, 07:29 PM
I think just as gear from each expansion improves somewhat, so should the pets for each expansion. But there should not be huge differences, just a slight progression over time, enough that you will have some motivation to get the new pets from each expansion.

xXz21
01-30-2014, 07:33 PM
I think sts should put a level requeriment to use a pet. example Singe usable only for lv 40+ (lv 40 character not lv 40 pet) Hammerjaw usable for lv 20+ so all players who have already reach lv 20 can use it.

this change all, the pets are not going to be OP. bcus a lv 15 can't use a lv 40 pet.

but a LV 40 character can use a lv 1+ pet..

and theys can create ''end game'' pets should work perfectly and twinks get more balance in pvp!

Zeus
01-30-2014, 07:34 PM
I think sts should put a level requeriment to use a pet. example Singe usable only for lv 40+ (lv 40 character not lv 40 pet) Hammerjaw usable for lv 20+ so all players who have already reach lv 20 can use it.

this change all, the pets are not going to be OP. bcus a lv 15 can't use a lv 40 pet.

and theys can create ''end game'' pets should work perfectly and twinks get more balance in pvp!

Agreed.

Reunegade
01-30-2014, 07:43 PM

Yes! It should correspond to the level cap it was introduced in:

Hammerjaw - L25 and above
Glacian - L30 and above
Samael - L35 and above
Singe - L40 and above

Mythics:

Ripmaw - L15 and above
Slag - L20 and above
Abaddon - L25 and above
New mythic pet - L30 and above

For the people that have opened one already and are below the required level could get it reverted to an egg.

HAX
01-30-2014, 08:04 PM
I don't think anyone should complain about new pet being op it should be op, you can't say every time a pet comes out it needs to be balanced so other arcane pets be close to it what's the point of new pets then? Example: hammer jaw should stay good for a year? Don't think so.

Imobster
01-30-2014, 08:08 PM
They should make a legend or a mythic pet to balance out new pets stats like
Crawly and sameal

Beatskipz FTW

Roberto077
01-30-2014, 08:08 PM
Omg, it was singed the whole time!!! I should have known!!!!!!

wlsgh15
01-30-2014, 08:09 PM
I do agree with those two recommendations. Furthermore, I got the idea why this pet should be op. Cant wait to see in my hand if I have a luck or super rich!

moneybagz
01-31-2014, 01:14 AM

Glacian - L30 and above
Samael - L35 and above
Singe - L40 and above

Mythics:

Ripmaw - L15 and above
Slag - L20 and above
Abaddon - L25 and above

For the people that have opened one already and are below the required level could get it reverted to an egg.

Nope not fair at all... How would u feel if you bought samael when it was 60m just to specifically use it as a twink and be OP for your level. Then your not allowed to use it? And now it becomes an egg which is worth about 25m? I know I would be pissed off

utpal
01-31-2014, 01:25 AM
Singe good in normal pve and for rogues
Sam good in elites and pvp
Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

chitgoks
01-31-2014, 03:39 AM
lol this pet looks ugly i definitely wont get this one

Emmacheese
01-31-2014, 04:29 AM
Nope not fair at all... How would u feel if you bought samael when it was 60m just to specifically use it as a twink and be OP for your level. Then your not allowed to use it? And now it becomes an egg which is worth about 25m? I know I would be pissed off

Agreed, if it was to be done it should only be on the new pets.

KingMartin
01-31-2014, 05:39 AM
Im impressed, good job everyone

Go and make this expansion as good as shuyal was (i think shuyal was the best expansion yet)

Yes please, it's great that we have a carrot in a new awesome pet but please bring new challenging content and new challenging APs (I say challenging, not monotonous and boring).

And please don't destroy the new content with event drops :D

kjed
01-31-2014, 06:58 AM
I don't think anyone should complain about new pet being op it should be op, you can't say every time a pet comes out it needs to be balanced so other arcane pets be close to it what's the point of new pets then? Example: hammer jaw should stay good for a year? Don't think so.

Totally agree with this.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Spanspan
01-31-2014, 08:05 AM
i quit. thx all

Imjebus
01-31-2014, 10:53 AM
Is there any plans on releasing a mythic counterpart of this awesome arcane pet? :)

Prvnks
01-31-2014, 11:59 AM
Hey guys!

We're seeing a lot of threads pop up about the balance concerns regarding the new pet, so I want to go over a handful of things to help alleviate some concerns and provide some insight into why he is this way.

To start, the screen shot was an earlier version of Singe, and in line with the feedback coming through on the forums his base stats will be +10 STR, INT, DEX and not +15 STR, INT, DEX. Everything else is remaining the same.

Points that have been brought up regarding the natural progression of "new and improved" stated pets is certainly accurate. There is a normal progression here, and it does need to be kept close enough to the other pets that the choice becomes more about aesthetics and utility than it does obvious and completely MUST HAVE pets. We want players to enjoy and utilize their favorite pets to accommodate their play style. That's a big win for everyone involved and helps diversify PvP and PvE runs and encounters to a significant extent.

Other reasons the stats feel a bit high is also tied to the release of the new expansion coming soon. With the itemization changes coming into play to help build out future content, this little guy can help make up some of the notable difference in gear through the initial parts of the Dragon Enclave expansion. Additionally, we are toying with the idea of giving all of the arcane pets a level 40 passive attack skill upgrade to help bring them a bit closer in terms of their passive attack abilities.

As always, we're listening and watching. We believe you'll really enjoy playing with Singe, and that concerns regarding his overpowered nature may be alleviated once he's in the wild and a part of Arlor. If other issues come up regarding his abilities or stats however, we will be sure to address them as is necessary.

Happy hunting!
Carapace

Hey Carapace

One of my friend Tongasmash bought Singe pet.
Pet current level is 15.
We tried it on pvp aswell as pve.
This pet is bugged as its not doing any damage in pve aswell as pvp.
When we tried it on pvp. The damage doesnt show up and my health remains cosntant. I didnt even lose single 1hp.
He tried arcane ability aswell. It didnt do any damage either but was able to stun.
Please fix the bug asap.Thanks..

Carapace
01-31-2014, 12:08 PM
Hey Carapace

Pet current level is 15.
When we tried it on pvp. The damage doesnt show up and my health remains cosntant. I didnt even lose single 1hp.
He tried arcane ability aswell. It didnt do any damage either but was able to stun.

Looking at your screen shot your current level is 36. The level difference is an important factor in Arcane Legends as a part of calculating damage, and thus what is likely happening is Singe's level and damage values tied to the calculation are not actually doing enough damage yet to affect enemies and players of higher levels when armor is factored in.

Keep leveling him up! You should see him start to lay on the damage in no time.

Prvnks
01-31-2014, 12:14 PM
Looking at your screen shot your current level is 36. The level difference is an important factor in Arcane Legends as a part of calculating damage, and thus what is likely happening is Singe's level and damage values tied to the calculation are not actually doing enough damage yet to affect enemies and players of higher levels when armor is factored in.

Ok he is leveling the pet right now.
I will keep you posted once it reaches 30+ level.
Thank you :)

drgrimmy
01-31-2014, 01:00 PM
Hey Carapace

Pet current level is 15.

Holy arcane pet! Singe, Glacian, Sam, Whim, and Hammer, not to mention 81/81 pets!?!?!?!? Isn't that too much to choose from? Maybe you need to share ;) Just made me both extremely jealous and sad at the same time :p

Oh yeah, I would also think a low level pet in a high level dungeon issue. Just like low level pet not even being able to break boxes or jars when you are leveling them in tombs....

Prvnks
01-31-2014, 01:03 PM
Holy arcane pet! Singe, Glacian, Sam, Whim, and Hammer, not to mention 81/81 pets!?!?!?!? Isn't that too much to choose from? Maybe you need to share ;) Just made me both extremely jealous and sad at the same time :p

OMG I didnt Observe it..
Pm Tongasmash he might rent few pets...

Prvnks
01-31-2014, 01:15 PM

Hey Carapace

You were right... Its lvl 19 now and the damage is noticeable.
No Bugs :)
Thank You :)

Spell
01-31-2014, 05:45 PM

Come to think of it if mods response and action to complains can be this fast and mages have been complaining for some months now about their weakness and nothing has been done logic conclusion says you guys will ever get your class buff xD.

Every day that passes my Lil mages heart breaks a tad bit more ;'(
Arcane staff charge and our heals regeneration skill are just Zzz.

But I know sts is busy making and awesome expansion.so I'll forgive them =p
(Seriously tho just shed a Lil light on us huhuhu )

- love a cute mage named spell =)

Haligali
02-01-2014, 04:45 AM
Every day that passes my Lil mages heart breaks a tad bit more ;'(
Arcane staff charge and our heals regeneration skill are just Zzz.

But I know sts is busy making and awesome expansion.so I'll forgive them =p
(Seriously tho just shed a Lil light on us huhuhu )

- love a cute mage named spell =)

It would be good, that: after 2 warrior expansion (nordr, shuyal) can we have our sorcerer expansion finally?

Harfiez
02-01-2014, 11:14 AM
When the mythic pet gnna come out ?

summerhanna
02-02-2014, 10:33 PM
If Singe was a Magic card...

old skool counter spell

Haligali
02-03-2014, 01:54 PM
I wanna react to this post:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?135778-Coming-Tomorrow-The-New-Arcane-Pet!&p=1450774&viewfull=1#post1450774

Hello Sam,

I would like to know if sts policy is really that of making the arcane pet of each exp much better than the last to keep the players interested...

Cause if that is the case to compensate Singe's power next expansion you will have to create a monster pet.

Why not keep the pets in the same stats buff range giving them a specific AA and passive attack?

A pet like Samael is a perfect example even though he is super strong its power doesn't come from a OP happiness bonus in stats but from the specificity of is passive attack and AA.

Making the arcane pet better each expansion only by concentrating on stats boost IMHO is the worst way to go about this, a pet like Singe will completely put in the backstage every other pet, unlike Samael did.

Start exploring the chance of creating new AA and passive skills for future arcane pets, so they won't completely outshine the others, thanks.

(i don't have a arcane pet, i don't just want AL to turn into a P2W or a "buy this and you will win everytime")

I agree!

Samael still the very best pet in pvp, and i doubt Singe will ends his kingdom. Panic/terrify is the most important ability, since there is no immunity for this. With the passive stackable healing even better than any non-stackable team buff. I often faced against 5 samaels in pvp rooms and its very very hard, my skills canceled by sams aa or passive, cant move for long time. One panic can be countered with misty, but the problem is that he doesnt give a real immunity, i can be stunned or cursed again right after i used the ability. Not to mention the 45 sec cooldown, which is very very long and makes this pet nearly useless without resummon between battles.

So, here is my idea:

Make an arcane/mythic pet which gives a real immunity with his arcane ability for 8 sec, cooldown should be 20-25 sec. This pet will hold his value for longlong time.

Imjebus
02-03-2014, 03:56 PM
I wanna react to this post:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?135778-Coming-Tomorrow-The-New-Arcane-Pet!&p=1450774&viewfull=1#post1450774

I agree!

Samael still the very best pet in pvp, and i doubt Singe will ends his kingdom. Panic/terrify is the most important ability, since there is no immunity for this. With the passive stackable healing even better than any non-stackable team buff. I often faced against 5 samaels in pvp rooms and its very very hard, my skills canceled by sams aa or passive, cant move for long time. One panic can be countered with misty, but the problem is that he doesnt give a real immunity, i can be stunned or cursed again right after i used the ability. Not to mention the 45 sec cooldown, which is very very long and makes this pet nearly useless without resummon between battles.

So, here is my idea:

Make an arcane/mythic pet which gives a real immunity with his arcane ability for 8 sec, cooldown should be 20-25 sec. This pet will hold his value for longlong time.

Only thing singe will alter is twink pvp.

Zeroxv
02-13-2014, 03:47 PM
When the mythic pet gonna come out ?

inkredible
02-13-2014, 05:44 PM

Glacian - L30 and above
Samael - L35 and above
Singe - L40 and above

Mythics:

Ripmaw - L15 and above
Slag - L20 and above
Abaddon - L25 and above

wheres whim?

Xpolosion
04-12-2014, 04:16 AM
Fix singe please