PDA

View Full Version : My time with the Rhino.

Hercules1990
01-30-2014, 03:20 PM
I started playing a Rhino recently and have him at level 33. In my opinion it is a great class. He is a self-sufficient tank that doesn't require a mage to be present at all times. His taunt is far better than the bears because of the DpS. Plus he has Heal, Revive, and Buffs. So what if his DpS is low? You're a tank/support! I find the Rhino to be the least boring class as I am a veteran MMO player. Having played EQ, WoW, Fiesta, and SWtOR. The ability to do multiple roles gives you the ability to change your role when one role gets too boring.

Chopper
01-30-2014, 03:31 PM
I also joined the Rhino class as my last alt. Yes, the ability to do heals, revs, and buffs are nice, but the damage output is pretty frustrating overall. At 33, you may have not felt the gap yet, but as the mobs get harder, it will become more apparent.

Also, as a high armoured toon with the ability to rev, you spend a lot of time running around trying to rev party members after they all die off.

Itoopeo
01-30-2014, 03:31 PM
You cant kill anyone in PvP.

Level up to level 45 and try to beat my level 40 bear. I bet you would lose even when you are a level 50 versusing a level 40 player.
At some point you become invulnerable in PvP, means you cant be killed. You cant deal enough damage to kill anyone at lower levels than 71.
At 71+ you became semi-op

Hercules1990
01-30-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm more of a PvE player anyone so the PvP viability doesn't really affect me. Of course every class leaves room for improvement but I think from a PvE stand point the Rhino is pretty top notch, especially if you know how to play.

Somemager
01-30-2014, 03:38 PM
Yes 76 rhinos are pretty overpowered in pvp when i used to pvp my rhino i could kill any class except pally mages of course and bears would throw me around like a ragdoll and i would eventually kill them.

Itoopeo
01-30-2014, 03:41 PM
bears would throw me around like a ragdoll.

Thats what i love to do! 7 beckon + 9 stomp = max throwing ability. Add SMS after that and you never have to see your haters anymore! :D

Nekza
01-30-2014, 07:04 PM
The only toon i capped so far (and probably the last) is a Rhino. In my opinion being a Rhino is a virtue, because you put all your efforts on helping (buffing/reving/healing/tanking) your teammates, with little to none offensive power.

You has to know how to play it, specially nowadays that a lot of people seem to forget that PL is a team-based RPG and you gotta help your team.

I'm gonna say something that i said before on this forum but, if any of you guys reading this play as a rhino and you dont help your teammates: QUIT playin rhino, thats not your class.

Xyzther
01-30-2014, 07:52 PM
If you're doing rhino for pve don't expect many kills, on my rhino with a 3x and pure dex I can only get around 20 kills in a party of 5 in dragons nest

Hercules1990
01-30-2014, 07:59 PM
Why would it matter how many kills I got? That's the problem with this game. People are so self centered that they don't want to play their roles. They just want to kill, kill, kill. A lot of people that play this game would fail in a REAL MMO.

programmed
01-30-2014, 08:50 PM

You cant deal enough damage to kill anyone at lower levels than 71.

This is so not true. I have used rhino at 16, 17, 20, 26, 30, 32, 35, 40, 45, 50, 51, and 56. All those levels they can kill anything, just some harder to use than others and mages a little difficult to beat. They have lower damage than other classes but they tank better than bears and str mages and can last long enough to still kill things.

Xyzther
01-30-2014, 11:55 PM
Why would it matter how many kills I got? That's the problem with this game. People are so self centered that they don't want to play their roles. They just want to kill, kill, kill. A lot of people that play this game would fail in a REAL MMO.

I've played several MMOs, pl is different... Now that everyone is getting 3x blessings all over the place it doesn't really matter the team setup for pve

Oldcoot
01-31-2014, 02:28 AM
This is so true ^^ but not always a bad thing

Nekza
01-31-2014, 03:22 AM
This is so true ^^ but not always a bad thing

Yep, specially when usually a rhino is the last toon a party is looking for.

fourleaf
01-31-2014, 07:37 AM
I don't mind it being a support class especially as the mages support is underplayed by its powerful nuke spells.
Unfortunately, it isn't soley support. The taunt and dash, are like the exact opposite of support, the area debuff on taunt is great, but why should a support character draw the aggro?

Ks_Leon
01-31-2014, 07:48 AM
For rhino,its lacking of damage in low level plus no aoe combo.Other than that,its fine.

Ssneakykills
01-31-2014, 11:58 AM
Yes 76 rhinos are pretty overpowered in pvp when i used to pvp my rhino i could kill any class except pally mages of course and bears would throw me around like a ragdoll and i would eventually kill them.

Proof of you you killing a savage bear pls

Somemager
01-31-2014, 03:40 PM
Proof of you you killing a savage bear pls
Most of the pro bears wrecked me but some of them i could eventually kill after 5 mins of healing and pushing them away and id love to show you if i didnt quit for good.

Timelife
01-31-2014, 04:36 PM
rhino can pwn in pvp, aslong as ur build is good and if u time everything well, also half str/half int would do very good, more mana pool, more spell dmg ( i think?) well and more heals, same goes for PvE

Somemager
01-31-2014, 11:37 PM
rhino can pwn in pvp, aslong as ur build is good and if u time everything well, also half str/half int would do very good, more mana pool, more spell dmg ( i think?) well and more heals, same goes for PvE

I find 157 str rest dex to be best since str/int you cant really hit ever so its a bad combination with a rhino having low damage so having high hit % will help you hit your combos and skills more often. With str/int fights last half an hour literally but str/dex are fairly quick unless you're up against a pally mage or savage bear.

Itoopeo
02-01-2014, 04:20 PM
I was leveling my L20 rhino in Lost expedition, witha noob team. I had 3x combo and there is 2x dmg weekend going atm so i hit a boss with my hammer and critted 2347 critical damage. One of my teammates screamed "hax!" And reported me. :grey:

xcainnblecterx
02-03-2014, 04:34 AM

Level up to level 45 and try to beat my level 40 bear. I bet you would lose even when you are a level 50 versusing a level 40 player.
At some point you become invulnerable in PvP, means you cant be killed. You cant deal enough damage to kill anyone at lower levels than 71.
At 71+ you became semi-op

Im assuming you havent seen good rhinos yet. Or maybe there not in the 40-45 range but i seen a couple in 50 that can hold there own (dex comes to mind). Same as people say with foxes being garbage. Take a look at junglegold in 50. Its how you usr the class to play not the class itself

Itoopeo
02-03-2014, 05:36 AM
Im assuming you havent seen good rhinos yet. Or maybe there not in the 40-45 range but i seen a couple in 50 that can hold there own (dex comes to mind). Same as people say with foxes being garbage. Take a look at junglegold in 50. Its how you usr the class to play not the class itself

Junglegold coyldnt kill my L50 rift rhino.

xcainnblecterx
02-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Junglegold coyldnt kill my L50 rift rhino.

There is alot one cannot kill without practice but for being a rusher he handles pretty good for a fox is the point along with no class is bad its how.the player plays the class that makes them bad

Caiahar
02-04-2014, 02:43 PM
There is alot one cannot kill without practice but for being a rusher he handles pretty good for a fox is the point along with no class is bad its how.the player plays the class that makes them bad

he's very good..he handles people teaming very well..he can kill str bears easily (So common :P)
Peo, he couldn't kill my 51 rhino easily, but he's still good. And he's my friend

Wait im rambling now. better stop.

Nekza
02-04-2014, 03:01 PM
x2 + x3 dmg this weekend finally i could kill sumthin

chipsmore
02-05-2014, 12:54 AM
i just got my rhino to lv 58 hopefully it will be fun soon xD

xcainnblecterx
02-05-2014, 04:02 PM
he's very good..he handles people teaming very well..he can kill str bears easily (So common :P)
Peo, he couldn't kill my 51 rhino easily, but he's still good. And he's my friend

Wait im rambling now. better stop.

Exactly lol. Theres few rushers i like cause they rage so much but he's chill. Not so much as friends with him but respect him