PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk About the Brothers Whim

Remiem
01-30-2014, 04:24 PM

As many of you know, we've been seeing quite a lot of talk around the forums about The Brothers Whim and how the recent tweaks are causing some disappointment. Let’s chat a bit about this pet and how we’re looking at it from our end.

Summary of Whim’s Design:
Players had mentioned the use of Whim in PvP. Whim’s pull isn’t intended as a chase down ability such as the Warrior’s Axe throw, but as an enemy roundup ability or a kiting ability. Due to this, Whim is able to pull in multiple targets, but doesn’t have as large of a range. (A large range, multi target pull would cause too many potential issues in PvP.)
Whim is meant to round up your enemies, and beat them down, with his high damage basic attack, high damage ability, and his pull.

Speaking of which…

Whim Compared to Current Arcane Pets:
Whim is one of the most powerful pets in Arcane Legends. He has the 2nd highest damage basic attack out of all the pets and is the only Arcane Pet that can do damage with his ability.

Initial Changes to Whim:
The reason players were initially seeing cases that Whim would not pull enemies is because Whim tried to pull things to 3m away from him. Unfortunately, many of our melee attacks take place at 3m, so these enemies would appear to not move. This was adjusted to 1m so that the pull would be more apparent it was happening.

For reference, let’s compare the Whim ability to Samael’s Banishment:
The Banishment on Samael actually has a shorter range than Whim’s Twin Trapeze. The difference is, if you’re running away and use Banishment you feel like it has a larger range because Samael is between you and the target. But, if you’re chasing someone Whim feels shorter because you are between Whim and the target.

Latest Changes to Whim:
To ease some of the frustration that players were still having with Whim, we implemented the following changes for the latest update:

Maximum Number of Targets for Devastate portion of ability will be increased.
Whim will attempt to pull further away targets first.

We hope this helps to shed a little light and help you fine tune your strategy when using the Brother’s Whim. When used like we talk about above, they can be VERY powerful allies in the game. :)

Solid
01-30-2014, 04:27 PM
Cool cool.

karrdath
01-30-2014, 04:32 PM
Sounds good :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ruizerwin
01-30-2014, 04:32 PM
yheaaa my whim

Sorcerie
01-30-2014, 04:37 PM
Whim pulling from far as a priority is a great adjustment, that should make it much more effective.

Now for them to fix the arcane staff charged/uncharged issues. *crosses fingers*

Reunegade
01-30-2014, 04:37 PM
Ok.

matanofx
01-30-2014, 04:44 PM
Welcome to the forums remiem!!! nice name, much better than moderator13 (i think it was 13 not sure, dont ban me if wrong pls)

Ill have to check whim out after the new fix, sounds useful for a fix but i hope the dmg of his Devastate is significant >.< i havent hatched yet

keikali
01-30-2014, 04:54 PM
And I will expect another Whim complaining thread in another 3...2....

Zeus
01-30-2014, 05:13 PM
By Eeknoh:
I appreciate the update to whim, I really do. But its broken again.

It now slings the mobs a Georgia mile past whim. Its totally broken. The farther the mobs are away the farther it slings them. It seems to be a distance equivalent to however far away they are.

By the way it doesn't do it every single time. Or to every single mob. But its often.

Its funny to watch, but totally ineffective.

I verified in game and this really does happen. Tested it with my own whims as well.

I swear, this "new car" has been to the "dealership" for tuneups far too many times! LOL!

keikali
01-30-2014, 05:14 PM
Hah, didn't even need another thread! I called it! Man I should play the lottery.

eeknoh
01-30-2014, 05:24 PM
I appreciate the changes to whim, I do. You did ALMOST exactly what I thought should be done....But, how can you justify the absolutely enormous range on singe's arcane ability, after talking about whims arcane range like it was absurdly large, and not re-extend the range on whim at least a little? I'm sorry but regardless of the tricks played by the 3m range versus the now 1m range, its still to small. I'm missing mobs that are relatively close, and archers are still running back out of range before whims devastate hits as well..1 second snare perhaps?

Did I mention its now broken? Its slinging mobs a Georgia mile Beyond its current position, seemingly to the full 9m range... now don't misconstrue what im saying with the Georgia mile thing. It seems so far because a mob is at say .. 7m and slings to 9m opposite whim. That's a Georgia mile, lol.

See my thread in the bugs forum.

Zeus
01-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Exactly @ Eeknoh

How can the developers say that the whim pull was too large but the singe pull is massive as well? They're both new arcane pets..even a little buff to the range would be appreciated.

Haligali
01-30-2014, 07:48 PM
Ok, so instead of making it better this pet has been nerfed second time.. Im very disappointed, now just messes up the mobs on elite, i should have bought samael. :(

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 4-el

Solid
01-30-2014, 08:38 PM
Ok, so instead of making it better this pet has been nerfed second time.. Im very disappointed, now just messes up the mobs on elite, i should have bought samael. :(

Zzzzz.....

Zeus
01-30-2014, 09:16 PM

Exactly...can developers give us the option to reconvert back to the egg? This is truly getting ridiculous. At least this way, I would only be losing 10m instead of a full 20m. All we asked for was the pull to be fixed to work properly and instead you give us a very noticeably reduced pull range and limited amount of pull in targets. This time, during the revision, we get a pull that now flings mobs and nothing done to the pull range itself.

All we asked for was the pull to be fixed as it was not pulling in properly like it should. Infact, it would ignore many targets already in the 3m range. You're giving your customers things we do not want!

A lot of us have paid good money opening lockeds or gold for this pet... instead of making it worse each time, can't you give this pet the glory it deserves?

9m pull is not enough even in PvE because in Elites, mobs spawn from much further away & are spaced out. If you consider the pull like an axe throw, then yes, 14mm is OP. However, if you consider the pull as a pull to pull in mobs, then 14mm is definitely NOT OP! When the pull range was 14mm, it was just fine. Now, I have to get close to mobs, gather them up and then activate arcane. What is the point of doing that if I am already gathering them up?

Also, Singe has a MASSIVE range. It's arcane basically covers the entire screen. Now, if you are saying that the range is huge, what is the logic in having a massive arcane ability range for Singe?

Can the developers please just give us what we asked for:
• Pull to be fixed so it properly pulls in mobs.
• Damage to actually commence.
• Our Arcane Ability range reverted back to 14mm.

This pet has turned into something that IS NOT what we payed for. We asked for a simple fix and you give us something else entirely.

This, coupled with the singe nerf is turning me off on the idea of investing in anymore arcane pets.

I paid for an arcane pet with a PvE pull that has an exceedingly large range & worked like traps, not this mess.

Ravager
01-31-2014, 01:17 AM
Mine is flinging my opponents too. Back to Samael for now. Zeus pointed out the things we want for Whim. I agree. Adding mp regen would be icing to the cake for warriors and rogues as well.

hendrls
01-31-2014, 01:40 AM
hehe

Spell
01-31-2014, 02:35 AM
Whim pulling from far as a priority is a great adjustment, that should make it much more effective.

Now for them to fix the arcane staff charged/uncharged issues. *crosses fingers*

Oooh how I wish us mages would be heard U.U
Heal needs better Regan per second
And arcane staffs deff needs a fix!

oh sts shed a Lil light on us won't you c=

KingMartin
01-31-2014, 03:45 AM
mmm, how many % of players have this discontinued pet that we have threads about him again and again?

matanofx
01-31-2014, 03:58 AM
mmm, how many % of players have this discontinued pet that we have threads about him again and again?

They dropped like mythic rings during winter event, or atleast alot more often than any other arcane egg.

But the problem is not how many have them its how a pet needs a simple solution to be fixed and time after time the simple turns to overly clever and a miss.

At this point i feel like a crybaby tho

Zeus
01-31-2014, 04:00 AM
They dropped like mythic rings during winter event, or atleast alot more often than any other arcane egg.

But the problem is not how many have them its how a pet needs a simple solution to be fixed and time after time the simple turns to overly clever and a miss.

I feel like one as well, but at this point all we asked for was a simple solution to an erratic pull. We did NOT ask for the range to be changed, just a simple bug fix. However, now, the whim arcane ability has been reworked twice now to behave completely differently.

This was not what I paid for and I'm certainly not the only one who has opened one and regretted it.

matanofx
01-31-2014, 04:08 AM
Well this is the place to talk about it of all places, I mean remiem started this to hear us out right?

Please fix whim the way it should be fixed, like zeus suggested, One fix to end them all.

Haligali
01-31-2014, 05:26 AM

Idk how many whim you looted, i spent ~2k plat tarlok entry and farmed whole winter event before I was able to take this pet for 23.5m. I talked to jon before, which should i pick samael or whim, he showed me the whim ability on elite and i was amazed by the huge pull. I decided to buy this pet, however i know the lack of stun or panic ability will put me on disadvantage against samael users in pvp, but because my class sucks in pvp and the arcane weapon also, so i focused on pve in the past season.

I dont understand this:

"(A large range, multi target pull would cause too many potential issues in PvP.)"

huh? I suggest to you guys forget this pet testing in pvp, and try to focus on pve. Enter a pvp room, and you can check which pets are the most used in the following order: samael samael samael, slag, crawly, vixen, misty, hammerjaw/glacian. This pet only good for flaggin OR when all your teammates got samael, so you can pull your opponents into samaels range fast.

Also: vixen is a legendary pet and he pushes back everyone out of my phones screen, it isnt 'cause too many potential issues'? Just the whim pull?

KingMartin
01-31-2014, 05:46 AM

I am sorry, I did not want to sound jelly or something, although I own only Samael of all arcane pets. I am just sad that so much time is devoted to discontinued pet and also to the new pet, which affect maybe 0.1% of all players. (As great as Singe is, of course!)

For me (and not only for me) is much more important to have interesting new content, because for those that do not like pvp, it's increasingly hard to find entertainment.

I want to believe that the expansion will bring real challenge, so that I don't have all elite APs on the third day again.

Haligali
01-31-2014, 06:08 AM
I am sorry, I did not want to sound jelly or something, although I own only Samael of all arcane pets. I am just sad that so much time is devoted to discontinued pet and also to the new pet, which affect maybe 0.1% of all players. (As great as Singe is, of course!)

For me (and not only for me) is much more important to have interesting new content, because for those that do not like pvp, it's increasingly hard to find entertainment.

I want to believe that the expansion will bring real challenge, so that I don't have all elite APs on the third day again.

Trust me, if I would have bought samael, then now we could laugh together on the whim owners here. BUT I BOUGHT this pet instead of samael for all my money,understood? :)

lethaljade
01-31-2014, 07:12 AM
I was actually saving for a whim, im so glad I came across this, after reading all the comments filled with disappointment, I will not be buying one. Although I kinder expected the pet to be rubbish as its a seasonal pet and if it was op, it wouldn't be fair on future new members to have a limited edition op pet, what chance would they all have , however I feel sorry for everyone whos opened it, I hope its remodified better so you are all happy with it.

matanofx
01-31-2014, 07:35 AM
I was actually saving for a whim, im so glad I came across this, after reading all the comments filled with disappointment, I will not be buying one. Although I kinder expected the pet to be rubbish as its a seasonal pet and if it was op, it wouldn't be fair on future new members to have a limited edition op pet, what chance would they all have , however I feel sorry for everyone whos opened it, I hope its remodified better so you are all happy with it.

If they didnt want to make a really good EVENT pet they should NOT have made it ARCANE rarity.

Please understand the big picture here and not the basics of the usual people whining about stuff. The range should be massive aswell as the damage or we can change its red color rarity to pink.

lethaljade
01-31-2014, 07:43 AM
If they didnt want to make a really good EVENT pet they should NOT have made it ARCANE rarity.

Please understand the big picture here and not the basics of the usual people whining about stuff. The range should be massive aswell as the damage or we can change its red color rarity to pink.

Im sorry but I have no idea what your talking about, I simply said after seeing this I will not be opening one, and I hope its all modified in a way everyone is happy with, but I wouldnt expect too much its a seasonal pet.

Cero
01-31-2014, 08:53 AM
I would like to confirm if whim's
-armor debuff from passive and arcane ability,
do both passive and arcane ability -armor debuff
Stack?

Zeus
01-31-2014, 09:45 AM
Please give us the option to reconvert this pet back into an egg. It is really disappointing how many updates this pet has been through and couldn't just fix what was an obvious issue with the pet without changing the rest of the pet.

This has turned into something none of us paid for and at this point, I just want my money back. Y'all really dropped the ball on this one and I'm surprised no developer is handling it like it should've been handled.

First, when the issue was first brought up, Lojack stated there was nothing wrong with it (a bit rudely too). We just wanted the pull fixed. The pull range was fine & when so many people opened the pet already, you shouldn't have nerfed it the way you did.

I'm honestly very upset now over this pet & I would really appreciate my money back on it.

Sorcerie
01-31-2014, 10:44 AM
Lol, 1% problems - you get one of the rarest pets in the game, it needs a couple of tweaks to make it work, and now you're screaming bloody murder I want my gold back. xD;;

It must be horrible to be so privileged.

Hercules
01-31-2014, 10:55 AM
I want one Whim egg free :)

matanofx
01-31-2014, 10:59 AM
Lol, 1% problems - you get one of the rarest pets in the game, it needs a couple of tweaks to make it work, and now you're screaming bloody murder I want my gold back. xD;;

Privileged would have been people who were awarded 30mil gold from STS. Hard work is what got me the gold to get whim some people use money+hard work some people use just money, either way its in no way making them privileged, dont mistake us with people who were born into riches cause their father is the inventor of toaster. -.-

keikali
01-31-2014, 11:00 AM

Arcane rarity is serious business.

Zeus
01-31-2014, 11:01 AM

That's the thing, we've spent so much gold on it & for some, real money. Now, we just wanted one thing fixed and they nerf'd the arcane ability by 40% range versus actually fixing it.

If you spent 20m gold on a pet only to not have what was stated to work, you would be more than irate as well.

Sorcerie
01-31-2014, 11:09 AM
How you obtained it isn't really the issue though, it's that you have it at all.

You guys are providing more than ample feedback so that they can come to a firm resolution to the problems. Zeus has lead this front in the most helpful way possible and now he's turned on the pet completely. I agree that it didn't need to be nerfed, and the most recent fix really didn't turn out too well, but you can tell that they're putting all of their efforts into correcting the arcane ability. That's more than i can say for the sorcs heal skill or arcane staff which has been complained about much longer than the Whim bros.

Be thankful you're getting this much attention for it at all.

Haligali
01-31-2014, 11:24 AM
How you obtained it isn't really the issue though, it's that you have it at all.

You guys are providing more than ample feedback so that they can come to a firm resolution to the problems. Zeus has lead this front in the most helpful way possible and now he's turned on the pet completely. I agree that it didn't need to be nerfed, and the most recent fix really didn't turn out too well, but you can tell that they're putting all of their efforts into correcting the arcane ability. That's more than i can say for the sorcs heal skill or arcane staff which has been complained about much longer than the Whim bros.

Be thankful you're getting this much attention for it at all.

As an arcane staff owner, im thankful that weapon doesnt get this kind of "attention". This pet has been nerfed 2x, are you sure you want this on sorcerer heal and arcane staff also?

Sorcerie
01-31-2014, 11:28 AM
As an arcane staff owner, im thankful that weapon doesnt get this kind of "attention". This pet has been nerfed 2x, are you sure you want this on sorcerer heal and arcane staff also?Well not all attention is necessarily good attention, but at the very least it's being actively taken care of, jeebs. >.>;

keikali
01-31-2014, 11:38 AM
As an arcane staff owner, im thankful that weapon doesnt get this kind of "attention". This pet has been nerfed 2x, are you sure you want this on sorcerer heal and arcane staff also?

Well I believe it might be different in the Arcane staff's case since it is currently the ONLY Arcane rarity type weapon for the mage class. However there are a couple of Arcane Pets and a new one was just released for this upcoming expansion, so them not focusing entirely on the Whim egg is not surprising.

Remiem
01-31-2014, 11:56 AM
Hey guys. We're really grateful for all of your detailed feedback and I personally appreciate everyone trying to keep as cool a head as possible over all of this. Getting worked up and angry is easy, but it's collected constructive feedback that helps us the most in these situations.

The Brothers Whim are a very unique pet and different than anything we've done before, with the idea that instead of just one creature we have two sprites that are working together. They have some very powerful abilities, with advantages not seen in other pets so far, as mentioned above. As you all know, there is a lot of thought and consideration that goes into each pet. We have to consider how it will be used, where it will be used (PVE and PVP), how it'll play with each class, and especially how it will balance out with current pets/gear/etc in the game, while also considering how future game changes will affect it. This presents us with a great challenge, and yes, since Whim is something unlike the other pets there is fine-tuning to be done. We know that people put quite a lot of time and money into the arcane rarity pets and of course we want you to be happy with them.

The dev team is already aware of the 'slingshot' glitch that everyone is mentioning and a fix for this will be in game very soon. As for the other complaints surrounding this pet, we completely understand how being part of the fine-tuning process can be frustrating as a player. It would be fabulous if everything was just perfect right off the bat, but sometimes when that isn't the case, the best thing we can do is listen and respond to feedback from you all as it comes in. We are always here and listening to your comments and feedback and discussing it here behind the scenes so we can create as great an experience for you as we can. This will continue to happen with the Brothers Whim and we encourage you to keep sharing your constructive feedback.

Thanks again everyone. We'll keep you posted on any future developments with this pet.

Zeus
01-31-2014, 12:17 PM
Remiem,

I appreciate the response!

However, there are factors the developer team is not taking into account. First off, every time y'all have revised this pet, you have given more nerf than fix. What is up with that?

I swear, each time we complain about the pet, we are left with a weaker version of the pet. This pet has turned into something that none of us paid for and it is very frustrating. I know I & many others did not open this pet only for it to be nerfed twice now.

I would honestly rather have 14mm and chance to be dodged versus the pull working 100% of the time. PvE mobs have a very low dodge, so the only thing it would effect is PvP, no? Keep in mind that if the pull can be dodged, it wouldn't be as OP in PvP either because of the fact that pull can be dodged.

I've been trying the constructive feedback approach numerous times now. Jon and Emma tried as well, to which they were pretty much shut down by LoJack. The constructive feedback has only been resulting in more nerf'ing of the pet then anything else.

I can imagine the slight pause to address the slingshot issue will be wonky as well. Why? Now we will have a delay when our opponents move in real time. So, by the time we pull - they may already be out of range on the arcane ability.

This pet does not stun, so why would a 14mm pull be so OP? We were using it before like this just fine and it was not OP. Actually, the only issue was that it wouldn't pull strong enough or commence the smash part of the arcane when the opponent was too close. The only situation I would imagine is pulling a rogue away from its packs, which wasn't that OP to begin with.

eeknoh
01-31-2014, 01:00 PM
I don't see the changes as a nerf, I just want the glitch fixed. Its a buff IMHO, if it works correctly.

The range is way way to small though, and unless its changed ill continue to say that, although beyond this, I won't say it here. Also, mobs still run out of range before whims attack has time to hit, so IMHO it either needs a short length snare, or the attack needs to happen much quicker.

I feel like im only suggesting things that will make it work as intended. That's my intent at least.

Solid
01-31-2014, 03:32 PM
Just make range 14mm....

eeknoh
01-31-2014, 04:19 PM
Omg...you guys.. just.. can't get this right. You made whim totally useless with latest update...

It pulls a couple nearby mobs only now, ignores farther away, and I swear to god it seems like you nerfed the range.

I don't really know what to say anymore.

Zeus
01-31-2014, 04:36 PM
Omg...you guys.. just.. can't get this right. You made whim totally useless with latest update...

It pulls a couple nearby mobs only now, ignores farther away, and I swear to god it seems like you nerfed the range.

I don't really know what to say anymore.

Exactly.

Please just give us a refund on the pet. I am severely disappointed at the gold and effort I have wasted. :/

Sorcerie
01-31-2014, 04:51 PM
Lol, the tears in this thread are delicious.

I eagerly await the counter argument video from Zeus, if he even cares anymore, that is.

Zeus
01-31-2014, 05:38 PM
Lol, the tears in this thread are delicious.

I eagerly await the counter argument video from Zeus, if he even cares anymore, that is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs09qXmX7_M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Keep in mind, in Southern Seas, the mobs are in very close proximity to each other. Despite this, the whims are still unable to pull some mobs that are right next to other mobs. What is up with that?? The range is truly exceedingly low. I wish I was exaggerating, but as the video shows here, I clearly am not.

At this point, I have emailed support to reconvert the pet to an egg. We will see what they say.

j78429011 j
01-31-2014, 05:40 PM

As many of you know, we've been seeing quite a lot of talk around the forums about The Brothers Whim and how the recent tweaks are causing some disappointment. Let’s chat a bit about this pet and how we’re looking at it from our end.

Summary of Whim’s Design:
Players had mentioned the use of Whim in PvP. Whim’s pull isn’t intended as a chase down ability such as the Warrior’s Axe throw, but as an enemy roundup ability or a kiting ability. Due to this, Whim is able to pull in multiple targets, but doesn’t have as large of a range. (A large range, multi target pull would cause too many potential issues in PvP.)
Whim is meant to round up your enemies, and beat them down, with his high damage basic attack, high damage ability, and his pull.

Speaking of which…

Whim Compared to Current Arcane Pets:
Whim is one of the most powerful pets in Arcane Legends. He has the 2nd highest damage basic attack out of all the pets and is the only Arcane Pet that can do damage with his ability.

Initial Changes to Whim:
The reason players were initially seeing cases that Whim would not pull enemies is because Whim tried to pull things to 3m away from him. Unfortunately, many of our melee attacks take place at 3m, so these enemies would appear to not move. This was adjusted to 1m so that the pull would be more apparent it was happening.

For reference, let’s compare the Whim ability to Samael’s Banishment:
The Banishment on Samael actually has a shorter range than Whim’s Twin Trapeze. The difference is, if you’re running away and use Banishment you feel like it has a larger range because Samael is between you and the target. But, if you’re chasing someone Whim feels shorter because you are between Whim and the target.

Latest Changes to Whim:
To ease some of the frustration that players were still having with Whim, we implemented the following changes for the latest update:

Maximum Number of Targets for Devastate portion of ability will be increased.
Whim will attempt to pull further away targets first.

We hope this helps to shed a little light and help you fine tune your strategy when using the Brother’s Whim. When used like we talk about above, they can be VERY powerful allies in the game. :)

Sent from my N8010_APT using Tapatalk

Solid
01-31-2014, 06:42 PM

Keep in mind, in Southern Seas, the mobs are in very close proximity to each other. Despite this, the whims are still unable to pull some mobs that are right next to other mobs. What is up with that?? The range is truly exceedingly low. I wish I was exaggerating, but as the video shows here, I clearly am not.

At this point, I have emailed support to reconvert the pet to an egg. We will see what they say.

Is that a 5mm range I see?

Zeus
01-31-2014, 06:45 PM
Is that a 5mm range I see?

I dunno, but all I know is that it's pathetically small. Moreover, the pull doesn't even keep the mobs in. Almost immediately, they all run back out.

Solid
01-31-2014, 06:48 PM
I dunno, but all I know is that it's pathetically small. Moreover60544, the pull doesn't even keep the mobs in. Almost immediately, they all run back out.

In your video, the furthermost mobs did not get pulled; they were in 6-7 mm....

falmear
01-31-2014, 07:44 PM
I'm not sure what the range is but it needs to be extended in my opinion. Partly because most of my skills AOE already encompasses what Whim pulls in. And what you want to pull in is those mobs who are further away. In the video posted by Zeus, here is where I am dropping time shift which has a radius of 5m. So I don't know how you have a pull that won't bring in mobs outside of 5m. I think the devs need to consider how skills work with Whim and the skills AOE. They should think about mages skills AOE because if I am standing next to Whim it doesn't help me if my skills already encompass what he pulls in. What I want to pull in is those things outside of my skill range. So I think the devs need to explain what purpose Whim's arcane ability serves because at this point for PvE I don't really see it being useful at all. And as I stated skills like fireball, ice, time shift cover the same area so Whim's arcane ability is not helping me in anyway. This is my perspective from a PvE stand point.

Haligali
01-31-2014, 07:49 PM
I think after this update frosteye is better.

Solid
01-31-2014, 08:42 PM
I think after this update frosteye is better.

Zeus
01-31-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure what the range is but it needs to be extended in my opinion. Partly because most of my skills AOE already encompasses what Whim pulls in. And what you want to pull in is those mobs who are further away. In the video posted by Zeus, here is where I am dropping time shift which has a radius of 5m. So I don't know how you have a pull that won't bring in mobs outside of 5m. I think the devs need to consider how skills work with Whim and the skills AOE. They should think about mages skills AOE because if I am standing next to Whim it doesn't help me if my skills already encompass what he pulls in. What I want to pull in is those things outside of my skill range. So I think the devs need to explain what purpose Whim's arcane ability serves because at this point for PvE I don't really see it being useful at all. And as I stated skills like fireball, ice, time shift cover the same area so Whim's arcane ability is not helping me in anyway. This is my perspective from a PvE stand point.

You see, STG?

There's a thread where Falmear and I actually agree on the same thing. It's a miracle! Surely that must show that the whim IS underpowered! :p

Solid
01-31-2014, 08:50 PM
You see, STG?

There's a thread where me and Falmear actually agree on the same thing. It's a miracle! Surely that must show that the whim IS underpowered! :p

Falmear and I?

Zeus
01-31-2014, 08:54 PM
Falmear and I?

Yeah yeah, I'm only that proper with my grammar with essays or TL;DR's. :p

Haligali
01-31-2014, 09:30 PM

The problem is that reconvert the pet to an egg is not a solution. Who the heck will buy this now..

Solid
01-31-2014, 10:00 PM
The problem is that reconvert the pet to an egg is not a solution. Who the heck will buy this now..

Well.... There are some alcoholics who play...

keikali
02-01-2014, 12:38 AM
Well.... There are some alcoholics who play...

I wouldn't go that far and call Parf an alcoholic, more like experimenting.

kixkaxx
02-01-2014, 04:40 AM
14m pull, unable to dodge, 1 sec stun (or 3 sec snare), pull works only in pve--problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haligali
02-01-2014, 05:04 AM
Hey guys. We're really grateful for all of your detailed feedback and I personally appreciate everyone trying to keep as cool a head as possible over all of this. Getting worked up and angry is easy, but it's collected constructive feedback that helps us the most in these situations.

The Brothers Whim are a very unique pet and different than anything we've done before, with the idea that instead of just one creature we have two sprites that are working together. They have some very powerful abilities, with advantages not seen in other pets so far, as mentioned above. As you all know, there is a lot of thought and consideration that goes into each pet. We have to consider how it will be used, where it will be used (PVE and PVP), how it'll play with each class, and especially how it will balance out with current pets/gear/etc in the game, while also considering how future game changes will affect it. This presents us with a great challenge, and yes, since Whim is something unlike the other pets there is fine-tuning to be done. We know that people put quite a lot of time and money into the arcane rarity pets and of course we want you to be happy with them.

The dev team is already aware of the 'slingshot' glitch that everyone is mentioning and a fix for this will be in game very soon. As for the other complaints surrounding this pet, we completely understand how being part of the fine-tuning process can be frustrating as a player. It would be fabulous if everything was just perfect right off the bat, but sometimes when that isn't the case, the best thing we can do is listen and respond to feedback from you all as it comes in. We are always here and listening to your comments and feedback and discussing it here behind the scenes so we can create as great an experience for you as we can. This will continue to happen with the Brothers Whim and we encourage you to keep sharing your constructive feedback.

Thanks again everyone. We'll keep you posted on any future developments with this pet.

Can you ask please the developer team what potential issues they experienced with the 14m pull? I dont see any issue with it. Since whim is always back, his trap cannot be compared to a warrior axe throw as a chase down ability.

Madnex
02-01-2014, 05:43 AM

I believe your problem here is that the maximum number of targets pulled in is six (6). The smash hits more than six.

Zeus
02-01-2014, 06:53 AM
I believe your problem here is that the maximum number of targets pulled in is six (6). The smash hits more than six.

The range is also pretty bad.

Samhayne
02-01-2014, 08:08 AM
Hey Guys,

I was thinking about you this morning :)

I appreciate your follow up regarding the Brothers Whim. As I understand it, the pull does what it does in two waves of 6, to pull in up to 12 targets. That is a lot. The damage was refactored to account for that upper number of targets. I think this is where the disconnect is coming from. Design has their idea about what Whim is great at (PvE with lots of targets) and you want to to kill a single target and pull from really long range(more applicable for PvP). Maybe I am off base with that, but given that your videos are all shot in a PvP zone...

I don't know that we will be able to make further changes this week, as the team is pushing toward a number of milestones (expansion and Valentines events) and I am out of the office all week for a seminar. But you are very much on my mind, as I hope this reply can attest (since I am managing to post it on Sat morning between getting my kids up, fed, dressed and off to our early morning swimm class). Let me know what you think and I will be checking back when I can.

Samhayne

matanofx
02-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Ill try to be as constructive as i can

6 enemies in pvp is absolutely more than enough since the most you can encounter is 5 but in pve 6 is just not enough when you fight big elite crowds with plenty of long range shooters.

I suggest to increase the number of enemies to each pull and maybe, just maybe decrease the damage a bit but just in pve

For pvp a small pull range is practically unfit since the pet is usually standing behind its master so youll need the original 14mm pull and 100% pull since it is an ARCANE rarity pet and we expect nothing less.

Also as a pvp aspect you can decrease the pull max to 4 or 5 but increase the damage cause if it just pulls and doesnt root snare or stun atleast let it do real damage and not a tickle.

Im no developer and have no idea how to separate pve from pvp abilities but if its possible i feel itll be fair, this pet will definitely still not be OP in anyway as it doesnt super buff/super debuffs and it doesnt stun enemies leaving them unable to protect themselves, itll just be a pet people will actually want to own and use.

Zeus
02-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Hey Guys,

I appreciate your follow up regarding the Brothers Whim. As I understand it, the pull does what it does in two waves of 6, to pull in up to 12 targets. That is a lot. The damage was refactored to account for that upper number of targets. I think this is where the disconnect is coming from. Design has their idea about what Whim is great at (PvE with lots of targets) and you want to to kill a single target and pull from really long range(more applicable for PvP). Maybe I am off base with that, but given that your videos are all shot in a PvP zone...

I don't know that we will be able to make further changes this week, as the team is pushing toward a number of milestones (expansion and Valentines events) and I am out of the office all week for a seminar. But you are very much on my mind, as I hope this reply can attest (since I am managing to post it on Sat morning between getting my kids up, fed, dressed and off to our early morning swimm class). Let me know what you think and I will be checking back when I can.

Samhayne

Hey Sam,

I do videos in a PvP zone so it's easier to show as I can control the distance of players to show just how small the range really is. However, the most recent one was in Southern Seas as that too is an appropriate map to highlight the range. The range shown is to be 5mm or around that area and the mobs still are failed to pull.

I really got this pet to run records with and PvE with as the crit on the pet, along with the lack of mana regen is far too low for me to actually be effective in PvP in it. The thing is, y'all are trying to limit the pet's potential in PvP - which is fine, but from my perspective, it's already limited and there are much more cost efficient & effective pets suitable for PvP.

Solid
02-01-2014, 10:12 AM
I wouldn't go that far and call Parf an alcoholic, more like experimenting.

I meant people that would buy,....

Haligali
02-01-2014, 10:16 AM
I dont mind if the pull is completely disabled in pvp, as i said before: the lack of stun or panic ability already puts me on a disadvantage over samael/slag owners. My problem is when i bought this pet,he got a very useful ability on elite maps, now its just similar to an epic pet. I think thats not even be a question to reverse its range back to 14m in pve,because thats why i bought.

This is elite brackenride village:

Before pull
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/01/a5ysugem.jpg

After pull

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/01/6udeje4y.jpg

whim was able to pull all of the mobs,now not.

Haligali
02-01-2014, 10:56 AM
14m pull, unable to dodge, 1 sec stun (or 3 sec snare), pull works only in pve--problem solved

Exactly this should be the solution.

Zeus
02-01-2014, 12:24 PM

Yup...the stats of this pet are not even suitable for PvP. However, they are awesome in PvE.

For PvP, I'll use Samael, but I don't want an arcane pet that is pitiful in both aspects of the game...

Sorcerie
02-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Yea, the range is cringe worthy - I'm jumping on Zeus's bandwagon and saying for an arcane pet they should be grabbing the map at 14mm and smashing mobs into next week. Especially after seeing how massive Singe's AA range is. But hey, if that's too much then at least go with 12mm or something a little more modest.

Right now no matter how you look at it the pull range does look more on the stingy side, tbh.

Solid
02-01-2014, 04:42 PM
The first form of whim is better then the 2 REVISED versions, smh.

Zeus
02-01-2014, 06:26 PM
The first form of whim is better then the 2 REVISED versions, smh.

Sadly, I feel the same way

Solid
02-02-2014, 01:11 AM
Wow amazing solution,

Pulls in pve,

Stuns in pvp.

Ravager
02-02-2014, 01:25 AM

Yup...the stats of this pet are not even suitable for PvP. However, they are awesome in PvE.

For PvP, I'll use Samael, but I don't want an arcane pet that is pitiful in both aspects of the game...

I like the pull in PvP. For a warrior this pet is useless in pve since its hopeless for warriors and timed runs.

I use the pull in tdm a lot and when it works its very powerful.

Take away the pull and then you'll see even less variety in pets since Sam's stun/panic will be better than a given whims stun.

Let's keep this pet different with its unique ability instead of a remix of others.

Solid
02-02-2014, 01:41 AM
I like the pull in PvP. For a warrior this pet is useless in pve since its hopeless for warriors and timed runs.

Take away the pull and then you'll see even less variety in pets since Sam's stun/panic will be better than a given whims stun.

Let's keep this pet different with its unique ability instead of a remix of others.

Powerful? The range is literally 5mm.

Haligali
02-02-2014, 03:41 AM

Use frosteye then, the range is now exact same. :(

Küldve az én Nexus 4-emről

eeknoh
02-02-2014, 07:43 AM
Hey Guys,

Samhayne

I don't know if its supposed to do what it does in two waves of six, to make twelve, but it almost never even pulls in six. Also it ALWAYS only pulls in the mobs closest to it now and the range is just terrible. everyone ive spoken to with the pet, is incredibly unhappy with it, and sick and tired of the wasted updates. I mean really sam, you guys claim to listen to feedback, but i feel like im talking to my 5 year old son. He hears the parts he wants to hear and then comes up with his own idea, which is usually really bad mind you..lol.

The solution to the problem is simple;

Kill that thought process of two pets. Noone looks at them that way and its obviously creating design flaws galore. Simplify.. Have them act together.

Extend the damn range, Its really really small, so small i don't know how you justify it anymore. The pet has dropped down to legendary rarity outside of the happiness bonus, its absurd!

Pull farthest mobs first, that was a great idea.. No matter where it came from.. Lol. It really is common sense.

Have the attack enact faster, OR add a very short snare.. Im sorry but this is also common sense.. The attack is slow, the mobs with any AI that tells them to move away to do their attacking(archers..) ALMOST ALWAYS get missed.

Arcane rarity pet, just below singe, listed above. Current pet? Legendary frosteye with slightly buffed happiness bonuses.

And don't give me that mess about we cant do this we don't have time rigt now.. Its some slight numerical changes in your coding of the pet. It can be changed in a few minutes. If you don't do it it wont be for a lack of time, unless you just cant decide whether to make your customers happy with a TWO MONTH OLD pet.

Lots of folks spent lots of time and money here, not me i was blessed. But they had a totally different pet when they cracked the egg. Respect them

kixkaxx
02-02-2014, 08:00 AM
I don't know if its supposed to do what it does in two waves of six, to make twelve, but it almost never even pulls in six. Also it ALWAYS only pulls in the mobs closest to it now and the range is just terrible. everyone ive spoken to with the pet, is incredibly unhappy with it, and sick and tired of the wasted updates. I mean really sam, you guys claim to listen to feedback, but i feel like im talking to my 5 year old son. He hears the parts he wants to hear and then comes up with his own idea, which is usually really bad mind you..lol.

The solution to the problem is simple;

Kill that thought process of two pets. Noone looks at them that way and its obviously creating design flaws galore. Simplify.. Have them act together.

Extend the damn range, Its really really small, so small i don't know how you justify it anymore. The pet has dropped down to legendary rarity outside of the happiness bonus, its absurd!

Pull farthest mobs first, that was a great idea.. No matter where it came from.. Lol. It really is common sense.

Have the attack enact faster, OR add a very short snare.. Im sorry but this is also common sense.. The attack is slow, the mobs with any AI that tells them to move away to do their attacking(archers..) ALMOST ALWAYS get missed.

Arcane rarity pet, just below singe, listed above. Current pet? Legendary frosteye with slightly buffed happiness bonuses.

And don't give me that mess about we cant do this we don't have time rigt now.. Its some slight numerical changes in your coding of the pet. It can be changed in a few minutes. If you don't do it it wont be for a lack of time, unless you just cant decide whether to make your customers happy with a TWO MONTH OLD pet.

Lots of folks spent lots of time and money here, not me i was blessed. But they had a totally different pet when they cracked the egg. Respect them

Agree, sts are not doing anything reasonable. They have claimed that this pet is only good for PvE, yet they keep nerfing it because it's too OP in PvP?....@&$:())!?'

Skypain
02-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Same here. Bought my whim for 26m instead of Samael due to its value in PVE. And another sad thing is i have an extra egg (from crate). Now i feel like a fool for buying the whim. It no longer serves its purpose. Just imagine the time (months!) and money spent for accumulating that kind of gold. They should have not released it as an arcane rarity if it just does the same as the frosteye, then I wouldn't be venting my frustation and anger here but instead enjoying my Samael. STG should be ACCOUNTABLE for this mess. Yes, people with whim should be mad about degrading the pet. Consideration is not enough. We are crying for justice here. If you can't fix it, then I would request my whim to be changed to Samael (including my extra egg).

Solid
02-02-2014, 11:26 AM
Same here. Bought my whim for 26m instead of Samael due to its value in PVE. And another sad thing is i have an extra egg (from crate). Now i feel like a fool for buying the whim. It no longer serves its purpose. Just imagine the time (months!) and money spent for accumulating that kind of gold. They should have not released it as an arcane rarity if it just does the same as the frosteye, then I wouldn't be venting my frustation and anger here but instead enjoying my Samael. STG should be ACCOUNTABLE for this mess. Yes, people with whim should be mad about degrading the pet. Consideration is not enough. We are crying for justice here. If you can't fix it, then I would request my whim to be changed to Samael (including my extra egg).

I think I shed a tear :( this is so true.

Zeus
02-02-2014, 12:06 PM

I would agree with this.

Right now, the way STG is handling it, they are basically screwing over numerous whim users. There was an issue with the arcane ability not commencing smash & not pulling in tight enough. Nobody complained about the range, yet it was changed. Now, the way it is working, I can't even pull in an ESS mob gathering properly & that map groups together mobs already!

Imagine in other maps where the mobs aren't grouped up and you actually have to rely on the whims to do their job. What should I do then?

keikali
02-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Imagine in other maps where the mobs aren't grouped up and you actually have to rely on the whims to do their job. What should I do then?

Get a real rogue who knos how to use traps.

lolwut.

Real talk though STS, please just revert back to the ORIGINAL range before (2) revisions and work from there. If the range was fine in the original form, why not revert back to that and start from there rather than constantly change the range to correct the issue.

Otahaanak
02-02-2014, 03:59 PM
I think it's time to call them "The Brother's Whine"
:-)
Sorry couldn't resist. Back to regular schedule program.

Ardbeg
02-02-2014, 06:08 PM
i still love the whims as a pve pet and appreciate the design idea behind them, but i agree, with the revisions i can only group mobs which are already together, now with a chance to even scatter them.
other arcane pets abilities are nerfed in pvp, i don t see why this should be a problem with the whims. pls just do pve right!

Zheogev
02-02-2014, 10:29 PM
To be honest I dont know why you guys wanna spend gold/plats/real money for those pets because based on history those pets are always getting nerfed after we spent money on it! They should have a refund button since they changed the product specification after we bought it!

Zeus
02-02-2014, 10:51 PM
To be honest I dont know why you guys wanna spend gold/plats/real money for those pets because based on history those pets are always getting nerfed after we spent money on it! They should have a refund button since they changed the product specification after we bought it!

Ikr? It's truly ridiculous.

Ravager
02-03-2014, 02:25 AM

Powerful? The range is literally 5mm.

Powerful when it actually works yes. In tdm I've wiped out entire teams by pulling the enemy into the trulle red cone area. Head towards the edge of the cone waiting with a charge normal attack to skyward smash to finish them off. In ctf I've escaped from being killed by 4 or 5 people chasing me by pulling with whim, turn a corner skyward smash away. Also its the only way I can catch up to a gale mage.

null

We know theres a huge difference between frosteye and whim

I myself paid 43m to be one of the few first whim users. I saw the delphina video and told myself I had to have it. Pvp pull , damage and speed. Im usually chasing someone and this sounded excellent. At this point, I just want it to work. Mp regen would be nice too so rogues will use this in pvp too.

Xstealthxx
02-03-2014, 10:41 AM

I agree.. I feel bad for you.. They screwed whim pet.. I was expecting alot as well..

Xstealthxx
02-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Pet was not the way they said nd expected to be..

Xenobiotic
02-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Idk how many whim you looted, i spent ~2k plat tarlok entry and farmed whole winter event before I was able to take this pet for 23.5m. I talked to jon before, which should i pick samael or whim, he showed me the whim ability on elite and i was amazed by the huge pull. I decided to buy this pet, however i know the lack of stun or panic ability will put me on disadvantage against samael users in pvp, but because my class sucks in pvp and the arcane weapon also, so i focused on pve in the past season.

I dont understand this:

"(A large range, multi target pull would cause too many potential issues in PvP.)"

huh? I suggest to you guys forget this pet testing in pvp, and try to focus on pve. Enter a pvp room, and you can check which pets are the most used in the following order: samael samael samael, slag, crawly, vixen, misty, hammerjaw/glacian. This pet only good for flaggin OR when all your teammates got samael, so you can pull your opponents into samaels range fast.

Also: vixen is a legendary pet and he pushes back everyone out of my phones screen, it isnt 'cause too many potential issues'? Just the whim pull?

Vixen has been wayy op for too long and he's only an epic, compare nexus, vixen, and ethyl to cerella, look at the wayy better arcane ability and stats on those pets compared to cerella.

Haligali
02-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Get a real rogue who knos how to use traps.

lolwut.

Ok haha, tell this to rogues, they prefer shadow veil nowadays, i rarely see trap.

Remiem
02-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Hey everyone, back again! Here's the latest update on Whim: We've applied a fix so that the so-called "slingshot" glitch that people were seeing should now be under control. The short story is that this was caused by a latency issue that resulted in the screen showing Whim in one place but the server acknowledging him in another place (where the enemies were being pulled.)

As for your other feedback: It seems that one of the biggest underlying issues here is that there is a big difference between how Whim is used in PVP -vs- PVE. While the initial changes that we made helped to balance whim's use in PVP, it no longer served the purpose that players were using it for in PVE. We are currently discussing some changes that we believe will form a great compromise and make the pet useful to both PVP and PVE users while still staying true to the pet's intended use. We will post this update as soon as it is complete and ready to go in game.

Like I mentioned before, The Brothers Whim are a very unique pet, incorporating a lot of things that have not been seen in Arcane pets before and we are grateful that you all are being so vocal and sticking with us as we work to get this pet to a place where everyone is happy with it. We apologize for the frustration that some of you are feeling but are confident that this upcoming update will please you all.

Zeus
02-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Hey everyone, back again! Here's the latest update on Whim: We've applied a fix so that the so-called "slingshot" glitch that people were seeing should now be under control. The short story is that this was caused by a latency issue that resulted in the screen showing Whim in one place but the server acknowledging him in another place (where the enemies were being pulled.)

As for your other feedback: It seems that one of the biggest underlying issues here is that there is a big difference between how Whim is used in PVP -vs- PVE. While the initial changes that we made helped to balance whim's use in PVP, it no longer served the purpose that players were using it for in PVE. We are currently discussing some changes that we believe will form a great compromise and make the pet useful to both PVP and PVE users while still staying true to the pet's intended use. We will post this update as soon as it is complete and ready to go in game.

Like I mentioned before, The Brothers Whim are a very unique pet, incorporating a lot of things that have not been seen in Arcane pets before and we are grateful that you all are being so vocal and sticking with us as we work to get this pet to a place where everyone is happy with it. We apologize for the frustration that some of you are feeling but are confident that this upcoming update will please you all.

Remiem, do you mind specifying how/what the changes are in regards to how they are now going to work in PvE and PvP? This way, if there's any issues that players can foresee beforehand, we can tell you before you waste man hours writing the code. :)

Also, thank you! This pet was starting to do my head in as I couldn't believe that I wasted 20m on this pet! :/

Remiem
02-03-2014, 07:06 PM
Remiem, do you mind specifying how/what the changes are in regards to how they are now going to work in PvE and PvP? This way, if there's any issues that players can foresee beforehand, we can tell you before you waste man hours writing the code. :)

Also, thank you! This pet was starting to do my head in as I couldn't believe that I wasted 20m on this pet! :/

Thanks for the consideration. :) Unfortunately going into full detail about the changes that will be made would involve revealing information about the inner workings of the game, but the gist of it is that we will be increasing the effectiveness of Whim's "pull" in PvE and shortening the duration of the Devastate portion of the ability so that mobs are less likely to slip out of range before the ability hits.

I know that the question that will be on most people's tongues is "Did you increase the range?" As much as we would love to be able to give everyone what they want, the answer to this is no and here's why. One of the original problems that arose with Whim was that not only was the very large pull range unfair in PvP, but in PvE it allowed players to take advantage of an exploit where Whim was able to pull mobs that were not aggroed to them. This is a problem in the fact that it starts to interfere with the integrity of the core game mechanics that would give Whim users an unfair advantage over other players in timed runs, for example.

So, with the higher effectiveness that we are adding and the decreased devastate time we believe that you will experience the power that you expect and we intended from Whim as an Arcane Pet even without the extremely large pull that it was originally equipped with.

I hope you all will understand when I tell you that this will be the final round of changes to The Brothers Whim and when this update arrives there will be no further changes, barring any obvious and game-breaking bugs. It's not usually the norm to alter an Arcane Pet after its release, but with The Brothers Whim and Singe, we really wanted to do what we could to represent your voice in the way the game works. We have considered all of the suggestions and feedback given and incorporated it as best we could with how we originally designed and intended Whim to be used.

Not only do we feel that this upcoming and final revision to the pet will address your concerns, we are also confident in it as the game's developers that it meshes better with the way the game works and is balanced for use in both PvE and PvP.

Thank you all again for being a part of this discussion. We love our community for being able to vocalize what it wants and help us make the game better for you every day.

Solid
02-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the consideration. :) Unfortunately going into full detail about the changes that will be made would involve revealing information about the inner workings of the game, but the gist of it is that we will be increasing the effectiveness of Whim's "pull" in PvE and shortening the duration of the Devastate portion of the ability so that mobs are less likely to slip out of range before the ability hits.

I know that the question that will be on most people's tongues is "Did you increase the range?" As much as we would love to be able to give everyone what they want, the answer to this is no and here's why. One of the original problems that arose with Whim was that not only was the very large pull range unfair in PvP, but in PvE it allowed players to take advantage of an exploit where Whim was able to pull mobs that were not aggroed to them. This is a problem in the fact that it starts to interfere with the integrity of the core game mechanics that would give Whim users an unfair advantage over other players in timed runs, for example.

So, with the higher effectiveness that we are adding and the decreased devastate time we believe that you will experience the power that you expect and we intended from Whim as an Arcane Pet even without the extremely large pull that it was originally equipped with.

I hope you all will understand when I tell you that this will be the final round of changes to The Brothers Whim and when this update arrives there will be no further changes, barring any obvious and game-breaking bugs. It's not usually the norm to alter an Arcane Pet after its release, but with The Brothers Whim and Singe, we really wanted to do what we could to represent your voice in the way the game works. We have considered all of the suggestions and feedback given and incorporated it as best we could with how we originally designed and intended Whim to be used.

Not only do we feel that this upcoming and final revision to the pet will address your concerns, we are also confident in it as the game's developers that it meshes better with the way the game works and is balanced for use in both PvE and PvP.

Thank you all again for being a part of this discussion. We love our community for being able to vocalize what it wants and help us make the game better for you every day.

Correct me if I'm wrong, "Arcane" pets and items are supposed to give you an advantage, and infact are not VANITIES.

You say that whim would give an unfair advantage , samael banishes 1/10 mobs. In elites that is A LOT of damage, i think a 14mm pull would compensate for that lack of dmg.

Also, in a 1v1, in the whim's first state which was 14mm? Samael would overpower whim, the pull doesn't compare when within Samael's terrify period (1-2) seconds, you could wreak havoc upon your enemy.

I think Whim should have a 14mm range BUT be able to be dodgeable, at least in PvP. When would the short pull be even valuable in PvP? In clashes? If your pull rate is 100% you won't be able to scatter or seperate your enemy... You are just getting them closer to you, the only pro that would come out of this is getting your enemy away from packs, nothing more.
I can beat top rogues 10-0 while they use whim in 1v1 but tie in 1v1 with samael.

So, what is Whim good for?

Zeus
02-03-2014, 07:35 PM

I'll see how it is once the actual patch hits. However, if it is not then I would appreciate if STG could refund whim owners on their pet.

I purchased a whim according to the videos and advertisements through in game moderator Delphina. What we have now is a product that is not what we originally purchased. I do realize the developers are trying but what you are doing is completely unfair to your customers. To be honest (& you can check my platinum purchase history on this), I have not spent platinum since the day developers have changed whims from original intention.

Perhaps, before releasing a product to customers, I would suggest that you fix the pets to your liking from ground up. If STG has just now realized that the pull also pulled mobs that were not aggro'd, that is not the customer's fault. Yet, it seems that we are the only ones paying for this.

Surely, there is something that you, as a professional developer team, can do to make this right.

P.S: Rogue arrows, Warrior Axe Pull and a few other spells are all 14mm, which is the range of the whim. So, if your logic is that 14mm changed the inner workings of the game, then by definition - the rogue class itself and its skills change the inner workings of the game as well. Why? Well, since there are 14 & 16mm skills in the rogue's arsenal, we can also aggro classes that are "out of aggro range".

I don't mean to sound like a jerk or aggressive, but you are giving very blanket reasons as to why you are not giving your customers what they already had versus fixing the issue the whims had and being done with it.

Solid
02-03-2014, 07:41 PM

I'll see how it is once the actual patch hits. However, if it is not then I would appreciate if STG could refund whim owners on their pet.

Why? This product is not what we originally purchased. According to US law, changing the workings of a product after purchase is something that is not allowed. If you do, I believe it is required that you allow a mandatory refund for the demographic affected. Since whim is able to be looted through locked crates & only locked crates (which one does require platinum to be used for), it does fall applicable under US law.

I purchased a whim according to the videos and advertisements through in game moderator Delphina. What we have now is a product that is not what we originally purchased. I do realize the developers are trying but what you are doing is completely unfair to your customers. To be honest (& you can check my platinum purchase history on this), I have not spent platinum since the day developers have changed whims from original intention.

Perhaps, before releasing a product to customers, I would suggest that you fix the pets to your liking from ground up. If STG has just now realized that the pull also pulled mobs that were not aggro'd, that is not the customer's fault. Yet, it seems that we are the only ones paying for this.

Surely, there is something that you, as a professional developer team, can do to make this right.

I don't want to bash STG, but this is not very profesional...

falmear
02-03-2014, 07:44 PM
I myself paid 43m to be one of the few first whim users. I saw the delphina video and told myself I had to have it. Pvp pull , damage and speed. Im usually chasing someone and this sounded excellent. At this point, I just want it to work. Mp regen would be nice too so rogues will use this in pvp too.

I had the complete opposite reaction when I saw the video. I knew based on the video that the pull was bad from the get go and so far seems to have gotten worse because of the range issue. And this is why I waited a while and paid less then half what you did. The only reason why I bought it was for its base stats. I wanted this pet for certain maps and also because at this time its a limited availability pet it will be hard to break some recs if you don't have whim. This is not to say they shouldn't fix whim but even if they were to give the option to convert back to an egg I wouldn't take it. Because I'd never use whim in PvP and for me its only has some limited usefulness in PvE. Whim's arcane is only good so long as you can combo it with something else. And if the arcane doesn't work on your targets then its basically useless. Also now that they released the next arcane pet, I will probably feel like a moron if the base stats of the next mythic pet is as good or better then Whim's and it has speed.

Zeus
02-03-2014, 08:03 PM
I had the complete opposite reaction when I saw the video. I knew based on the video that the pull was bad from the get go and so far seems to have gotten worse because of the range issue. And this is why I waited a while and paid less then half what you did. The only reason why I bought it was for its base stats. I wanted this pet for certain maps and also because at this time its a limited availability pet it will be hard to break some recs if you don't have whim. This is not to say they shouldn't fix whim but even if they were to give the option to convert back to an egg I wouldn't take it. Because I'd never use whim in PvP and for me its only has some limited usefulness in PvE. Whim's arcane is only good so long as you can combo it with something else. And if the arcane doesn't work on your targets then its basically useless. Also now that they released the next arcane pet, I will probably feel like a moron if the base stats of the next mythic pet is as good or better then Whim's and it has speed.

To be honest, Abaddon's stats come close to a whim. So, there really isn't much difference between the two if we are judging based on happiness bonus.

kixkaxx
02-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, "Arcane" pets and items are supposed to give you an advantage, and infact are not VANITIES.

You say that whim would give an unfair advantage , samael banishes 1/10 mobs. In elites that is A LOT of damage, i think a 14mm pull would compensate for that lack of dmg.

Also, in a 1v1, in the whim's first state which was 14mm? Samael would overpower whim, the pull doesn't compare when within Samael's terrify period (1-2) seconds, you could wreak havoc upon your enemy.

I think Whim should have a 14mm range BUT be able to be dodgeable, at least in PvP. When would the short pull be even valuable in PvP? In clashes? If your pull rate is 100% you won't be able to scatter or seperate your enemy... You are just getting them closer to you, the only pro that would come out of this is getting your enemy away from packs, nothing more.
I can beat top rogues 10-0 while they use whim in 1v1 but tie in 1v1 with samael.

So, what is Whim good for?

Can you explain clearly

Samael's banishment is an AOE or a single target attack?

Can you banish two at the same time?

Solid
02-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Can you explain clearly

Samael's banishment is an AOE or a single target attack?

Can you banish two at the same time?

I have banished 6 at once before.

Solid
02-03-2014, 08:12 PM

You could have just bought kettle for 95k.

falmear
02-03-2014, 08:36 PM
You could have just bought kettle for 95k.

Kettle gives me +15 INT +15 Dex +10% Damage. Its arcane is 12% speed movement. I believe lasts about 7 or 8 seconds with a 15 second cool down.

Whim gives me +35 INT +15 Damage and +15% speed.

So with Kettle you are only going at like 6% speed boost because half the time you are going at normal speed. And the damage is lower on Kettle.

falmear
02-03-2014, 08:47 PM
To be honest, Abaddon's stats come close to a whim. So, there really isn't much difference between the two if we are judging based on happiness bonus.

For me Abaddon only has +10 INT & +12% speed vs whim with +35 INT & +15% speed. So Whim gives me +25 INT and +3% over Abaddon. Is it worth it to pay what I did? Maybe not but on the maps I want to run it on seconds count. Everything else being equal, more damage and faster speed will make the difference. Lets say they do another timed run competition, what do you want Abaddon or Whim?

Zeus
02-03-2014, 09:08 PM
For me Abaddon only has +10 INT & +12% speed vs whim with +35 INT & +15% speed. So Whim gives me +25 INT and +3% over Abaddon. Is it worth it to pay what I did? Maybe not but on the maps I want to run it on seconds count. Everything else being equal, more damage and faster speed will make the difference. Lets say they do another timed run competition, what do you want Abaddon or Whim?

You definitely have a valid point, sir. :) I can't argue with that except for the fact that Abaddon reduces hit chance which means lesser percent chance to land stuns, purple goo, etc etc.

Something to mull over. :)

falmear
02-03-2014, 09:42 PM
You definitely have a valid point, sir. :) I can't argue with that except for the fact that Abaddon reduces hit chance which means lesser percent chance to land stuns, purple goo, etc etc.

Something to mull over. :)

In the maps I would use it in, hit chance and the rest of the passive & arcane abilities of Abaddon won't matter to me.

Skypain
02-04-2014, 06:14 AM

P.S: Rogue arrows, Warrior Axe Pull and a few other spells are all 14mm, which is the range of the whim. So, if your logic is that 14mm changed the inner workings of the game, then by definition - the rogue class itself and its skills change the inner workings of the game as well. Why? Well, since there are 14 & 16mm skills in the rogue's arsenal, we can also aggro classes that are "out of aggro range".

I don't mean to sound like a jerk or aggressive, but you are giving very blanket reasons as to why you are not giving your customers what they already had versus fixing the issue the whims had and being done with it.

i agree with zeus that STG should give us the option whether we will still want the whim. Remember, STG decided to degrade thew whim and not us. We bought the whim because of its original skills during its release. STG owes us not an explanation but an option on what we want. Please consider what cost us getting the whim. 20m + gold does not just fall in the sky. Hell, since STG is already firm with the range, then I would like to request to be given an option. Thanks and good day.

Haligali
02-04-2014, 06:42 AM
In tdm I've wiped out entire teams by pulling the enemy into the trulle red cone area.

What kind of entire team was it. A right timed warrior heal - since whim does not stun, its possible - and trulle do 0 damage.

Skypain
02-04-2014, 06:48 AM

So no change in range of pull huh? And i bought the whim because of it. I could care less about PVP. :( Why do I feel like i got scammed big time by STG for 26m? Just saying what I feel. Thank you gentlemen.

Skypain
02-04-2014, 07:16 AM
You know why they can do this to the whim? Because there are only a handful of whim users. We are the minority. If this happened to Samael, believe me hell will break loose!

Xstealthxx
02-04-2014, 08:23 AM
They could do it like pull plus buff

ruizerwin
02-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Still love my whim pet ;)

Haligali
02-04-2014, 08:48 AM

Hi.

I still do not understand what you guys mean in the opening post under the 'would cause too many potential issues in PvP'. There are a tons of things that cause too many potential issues in pvp: maul proc, samael as the main issue maker, vixen, rogue mythic blade proc, runic gun proc, etc.. This pet currently is a noob pet in pvp, im often have been called 'whim noob', sadly its true.

"This is a problem in the fact that it starts to interfere with the integrity of the core game mechanics that would give Whim users an unfair advantage over other players in timed runs, for example."

It is a bad example, timed runs are already unfair.
What kind of game mechanism is, when a complete class has 0 chance in timed runs(warriors)? I heard that this is the most played class, isnt that unfair? Also, you just need a team of 2 pc 50m weapon and another 2 pc of 25m weapon + full arcane pets - mostly samaels, but now we can use 1 whim in the team.

So please consider again to extend the range back, we expect unfair advantage from an arcane rarity item (just like warrior maul proc in pvp and samael nonstop terrify in pvp&banishment in pve), nothing less.

eeknoh
02-04-2014, 11:24 AM

WOW ARE YOU KIDDING?

See the bold portion. And please allow me to express my input on this, although you wont like it.

Ok firstly, if there's an EXPLOIT in which players were using Whim to pull mobs that werent aggro'd I'd never heard of it, not to say it didnt exist. But whatever .. Please explain to me, How is that an exploit? And how does it give an UNFAIR advantage.. Thats the point!!! To pull mobs closer to you so you can kill them, thats supposed to be the big advantage of wbim, and why hes arcane rarity! What does it matter if theyre aggrod or not, how is that relevant? Other abilities do the EXACT SAME THING and are available to all players. That makes no sense to me..

Secondly, and again related to range, if there's an EXPLOIT within the game you fix the EXPLOIT not nerf the pet. That logic is baffling. Why not make the abilty only affect mobs that have been aggrod? Why not find some other solutikn outside of changing the pet because you werent paying attention to mob aggro ranges you created, when you created the pet? That's called testing, heard of it? Most game companies do it extensively. You should try it sometime.

I don't care if i get bashed or get told to jump on the whambulance or anything else the bottom ljne is simple.

1. People pay REAL MONEY for these higher end items, in one way or another. Unfortunately they are items that you maintain possession of even after the purchase. While I understand that they are subject to change, and im sure thats in your terms of service as a CYA. This feels wrong. It strkngly suggests a severe lack of testing on your end, and ultimately is enough of a change to completely alter the overall effectiveness of the item itself. Its like taking a computer, and deciding to remove some RAM so the user wont open webpages so fast anymore. (bad analogy i know...)

Guys, youve altered your product sobkuch that the majority if not all vocal users are no longer happy they pirchased it. I can tell you from experience that making a habit of that is a self-destructive path for a company to take.

Also, remiems post was a tad agressive for my taste. Imagine saying that to a customer instead of typing it and perhaps you'll understand what i mean.

Whatever youre going to do whatever you want, im essentially talking to air, and ranting like crazy. /rant off... Sorry, im posting this, but likely would have kept my mouth shut had it been approached differently. You basically told us to stop givjng feedback after next update because you wont alter it. Thats uhh..yea.

Haligali
02-04-2014, 12:13 PM

Hi Rem.

Can you please check the pictures in the following post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?135904-Let-s-Talk-About-the-Brothers-Whim&p=1453706&viewfull=1#post1453706

You say: Whim was able to pull mobs that were not aggroed to them, but now does not pull mobs, which already aggroed. I call it as a bug.

Skypain
02-05-2014, 12:07 AM
WOW ARE YOU KIDDING?

See the bold portion. And please allow me to express my input on this, although you wont like it.

Ok firstly, if there's an EXPLOIT in which players were using Whim to pull mobs that werent aggro'd I'd never heard of it, not to say it didnt exist. But whatever .. Please explain to me, How is that an exploit? And how does it give an UNFAIR advantage.. Thats the point!!! To pull mobs closer to you so you can kill them, thats supposed to be the big advantage of wbim, and why hes arcane rarity! What does it matter if theyre aggrod or not, how is that relevant? Other abilities do the EXACT SAME THING and are available to all players. That makes no sense to me..

Secondly, and again related to range, if there's an EXPLOIT within the game you fix the EXPLOIT not nerf the pet. That logic is baffling. Why not make the abilty only affect mobs that have been aggrod? Why not find some other solutikn outside of changing the pet because you werent paying attention to mob aggro ranges you created, when you created the pet? That's called testing, heard of it? Most game companies do it extensively. You should try it sometime.

I don't care if i get bashed or get told to jump on the whambulance or anything else the bottom ljne is simple.

1. People pay REAL MONEY for these higher end items, in one way or another. Unfortunately they are items that you maintain possession of even after the purchase. While I understand that they are subject to change, and im sure thats in your terms of service as a CYA. This feels wrong. It strkngly suggests a severe lack of testing on your end, and ultimately is enough of a change to completely alter the overall effectiveness of the item itself. Its like taking a computer, and deciding to remove some RAM so the user wont open webpages so fast anymore. (bad analogy i know...)

Guys, youve altered your product sobkuch that the majority if not all vocal users are no longer happy they pirchased it. I can tell you from experience that making a habit of that is a self-destructive path for a company to take.

Also, remiems post was a tad agressive for my taste. Imagine saying that to a customer instead of typing it and perhaps you'll understand what i mean.

Whatever youre going to do whatever you want, im essentially talking to air, and ranting like crazy. /rant off... Sorry, im posting this, but likely would have kept my mouth shut had it been approached differently. You basically told us to stop givjng feedback after next update because you wont alter it. Thats uhh..yea.

Kudos to you! Let's be frank and straight forward on this. STG shouldn't do this to its customers. I tried support, and just got a useless reply. Please compensate on your mistakes and not us paying for your mistakes.

Madnex
02-05-2014, 11:53 AM
I didn't really feel like sticking up for STG before but this is becoming ridiculous. You all seem to have this wrong idea that "the customer is always right" and you're mobbing up in a desperate attempt to claim back what exactly?

Understand that although you have the right to complain as customers, you don't get to decide how things are done but only supply feedback. I assure you that legally they're covered to make whatever changes they want whenever they want so let's just back off here and stop this unreasonably long complaining. The points have been made and opinions have been noted.

It's unfair to expect every item to fall under the ideal version of what each of you had in mind or as you think it should be. You are not more experienced in judging how any item should be or if it's working against core game mechanics.

And for crying out loud, just how selfish are you? Right now there is a long list of things that need fixing that actually affect more than 0.1% of the game base. If you can't understand their decisions to prioritize stuff like the upcoming expansion over a winter exclusive arcane pet that has already been given too much attention, then you really need to sit back and think some things over.

Solid
02-05-2014, 12:08 PM
5 whims in auction.

What's the deal STS?

keikali
02-05-2014, 12:14 PM
5 whims in auction.

What's the deal STS?

Now you're just trolling for a response. Know when to stop.

Solid
02-05-2014, 12:15 PM

Go check, there are 5 whims in auction....

Solid
02-05-2014, 12:18 PM

keikali
02-05-2014, 12:20 PM
There were about 2-3 yesterday.

Solid
02-05-2014, 12:22 PM
There were about 2-3 yesterday.

Well as you can see, whim isn't a very good pet....

Zeus
02-05-2014, 12:26 PM
5 whims in auction.

What's the deal STS?

The crashing prices are not a concern to me. Honestly, to those that are complaining for the sake of merchanting need to back off. It does not help nor does it contribute because they do not actually use the pet.

So, for the merchants out there, I would suggest you cut your losses and sell the pet.

For those who have actually bought it and open it, lets wait until the patch hits. Maybe it has been fixed properly, we won't know until we see it in action.

keikali
02-05-2014, 12:37 PM
The crashing prices are not a concern to me. Honestly, to those that are complaining for the sake of merchanting need to back off. It does not help nor does it contribute because they do not actually use the pet.

So, for the merchants out there, I would suggest you cut your losses and sell the pet.

For those who have actually bought it and open it, lets wait until the patch hits. Maybe it has been fixed properly, we won't know until we see it in action.

To add to this. Last time I checked the Whim pet was intended for PvE purposes and never was specialized as a PvP pet. Half of the people who complain are referencing PvP, the only people I see referencing PvE is Parf, Falmear and Haligali just to name a few.

I'd love to see this pet fixed in PvE because it is indeed a great pet, but for those who are expecting a fix just for PvP, pls go.

Madnex
02-05-2014, 12:42 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?135904-Let-s-Talk-About-the-Brothers-Whim/page6&p=#119
Read this again.

There are bound to be changes in the market whenever any item is modified. For example, Singe's case; of course the prices fell after they nerfed his extreme stats. Does that mean that Singe now is a "bad" pet? Nope.

The reason CS was flooded is because someone made the first move and decided to sell. You don't normally put items of this much worth in the auction so when the rest of the Whim sellers saw two or three, it created the illusion of a high demand and of course they rushed to undercut the existing prices.

Zeus
02-05-2014, 12:43 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?135904-Let-s-Talk-About-the-Brothers-Whim/page6&p=#119
Read this again.

There are bound to be changes in the market whenever any item is modified. For example, Singe's case; of course the prices fell after they nerfed his extreme stats. Does that mean that Singe now is a "bad" pet? Nope.

The reason CS was flooded is because someone made the first move and decided to sell. You don't normally put items of this much worth in the auction so when the rest of the Whim sellers saw two or three, it created the illusion of a high demand and of course they rushed to undercut the existing prices.

Singe was nerfed before release so customers really weren't affected. That's the difference. However, I do appreciate them trying to satisfy our complaints as most companies do not even do that.

Haligali
02-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Read this again.

Pls dont hijack this thread also, it is for feedback about whim.

Xstealthxx
02-05-2014, 03:14 PM

Totally agree its about whim!!

Mummy
02-05-2014, 03:55 PM
The range of whim arcane ability is very low, considering the ranges of mage's fireball, or rogue's aim shot which are all over 12mm if I didn't remember it wrong.

Here is its feedback in PvE: When mage or rogue approached the mobs in dungeon, they started to attack me before whim come forward to fight. This setup is not good for mage and rogue since they have many long range attacking skills. To largely take advantages of whim's pull ability, I have to get very close to the mobs, then wait few seconds for my whim come close to me and mobs, so that I can use the arcane ability. (Let alone its arcane ability wont pull some mobs who is current attacking us but is a bit far way from us, such as archers or rifle mobs.) But mage and rogue are not tank, they can't receive as much damage as a warrior.

Therefore, in my opinion, the whim brothers are only good for the melee hero - warrior; For mage and rogue, they can only use whim in some easy maps where mobs won't deal heavy damage, but for harder map such as Nordr or Shyual dungeon, the whim brothers are not even better than glaican or hammerjaw.

Madnex
02-05-2014, 07:19 PM

The post above is feedback. Not the negative, wrong and ironic comments past few pages are full of. Nor the aggressive responses, unreasonable requests and empty threats. You can have your thread back for now.

Haligali
02-05-2014, 07:27 PM
The post above is feedback. Not the negative, wrong and ironic comments past few pages are full of. Nor the aggressive responses, unreasonable requests and empty threats. You can have your thread back for now.

Ty ^^

kixkaxx
02-05-2014, 07:38 PM

One question: do you have a whim as your pet?

eeknoh
02-05-2014, 08:03 PM
I didn't really feel like sticking up for STG before but this is becoming ridiculous. You all seem to have this wrong idea that "the customer is always right" and you're mobbing up in a desperate attempt to claim back what exactly?

Understand that although you have the right to complain as customers, you don't get to decide how things are done but only supply feedback. I assure you that legally they're covered to make whatever changes they want whenever they want so let's just back off here and stop this unreasonably long complaining. The points have been made and opinions have been noted.

It's unfair to expect every item to fall under the ideal version of what each of you had in mind or as you think it should be. You are not more experienced in judging how any item should be or if it's working against core game mechanics.

And for crying out loud, just how selfish are you? Right now there is a long list of things that need fixing that actually affect more than 0.1% of the game base. If you can't understand their decisions to prioritize stuff like the upcoming expansion over a winter exclusive arcane pet that has already been given too much attention, then you really need to sit back and think some things over.

You know, every post I've ever read of yours essentially says the exact same things you said here, perhaps ive just been selectively reading but either way... 'Stop complaining about items that only affect .01%, your points have been made'

Well, heres the thing. We have those items. So we have every right to complain about them. Just because theres other problems doesnt negate the need to fix this one. How it has anything tondo with being selfish is beyond me. I dont recall anyone saying, hey stg, ignore everyone elses problem and just fix this one. The closest complaint to that has been how long ago whim was released in relation to how long its taken them to fix it. Maybe im wrong about that though, i didnt read every sentence in every post in all honesty. I guess my point is, your points have been made and opinions noted, more than once.

Also, while it isn't my job, or much of anyone who posted here either, to decide the priority on what gets done when. We are all certainly entitled to our opinions of what is to long. I would also assume as much as Whim was hyped up to be an awesome pet, and being that it's supposedly one of the best items in the game, stg would want it to be satisfying to those who have it. After all, the majority of the playerbase may not have arcane items, but that doesnt make them less important, only moreso in a way, as they are the most sought after, and the what many strive for.. Which consequentially keeps people playing, and the game alive. Logical?

I highly recommended any problems anyone has with the game be bought to stgs attention. Thats the only way theyll ever be fixed.

Pokidots
02-05-2014, 08:48 PM
They are basicly .. Not worthless but useless trying to pvp with them

Beatskipz FTW

Madnex
02-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Facts:
1. My post was mainly targeted at the clearly offensive/negative towards replies on this thread. I don't have to point them out.
2. I don't see any other of the existing problems being highlighted like this, although there are unarguably many floating around the forum for much longer than this and have yet to be answered.
3. Logically, it may be correct but that doesn't make it right. This isn't a conversation board for the elite platinum users. Problems that affect more people are bound to be considered more urgent and thus more important, no matter how you look at it. No new player was ever like "What, something I'll probably never get my hands on is nerfed? Damn, I better quit this game now!".
4. It's not such a serious handicap that prevents Whim from being any useful at all. It's just not what it was expected to be after the first version was released. If you ever took the time to test it thoroughtly in PvP and PvE again without being stuck on the range limitation, you'd see for yourself --just like I did-- that it's just fine.
5. It has been mentioned that they're still working on it (after three fixes, that is!) so what exactly are you expecting this repetition of complaints to achieve? Maybe they should give everyone who owns one their cellphone numbers so every time someone doesn't like something they can call and justly claim their right to demand this fixed as it should? No.

eeknoh
02-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Facts:
1. My post was mainly targeted at the clearly offensive/negative towards replies on this thread. I don't have to point them out.
2. I don't see any other of the existing problems being highlighted like this, although there are unarguably many floating around the forum for much longer than this and have yet to be answered.
3. Logically, it may be correct but that doesn't make it right. This isn't a conversation board for the elite platinum users. Problems that affect more people are bound to be considered more urgent and thus more important, no matter how you look at it. No new player was ever like "What, something I'll probably never get my hands on is nerfed? Damn, I better quit this game now!".
4. It's not such a serious handicap that prevents Whim from being any useful at all. It's just not what it was expected to be after the first version was released. If you ever took the time to test it thoroughtly in PvP and PvE again without being stuck on the range limitation, you'd see for yourself --just like I did-- that it's just fine.
5. It has been mentioned that they're still working on it (after three fixes, that is!) so what exactly are you expecting this repetition of complaints to achieve? Maybe they should give everyone who owns one their cellphone numbers so every time someone doesn't like something they can call and justly claim their right to demand this fixed as it should? No.

Lol @ basically titling your post "Facts:" when all but .01% is just your opinion.

kixkaxx
02-06-2014, 01:05 AM
Facts:

Can you please answer my question: Do you have a whim hatched as your pet?

Haligali
02-06-2014, 02:05 AM
Facts:

Heh in another feedback thread you called me liar and that post was deleted by a moderator.

Madnex
02-06-2014, 05:46 AM
Lol @ basically titling your post "Facts:" when all but .01% is just your opinion.
I'm not even going to bother explaining how the majority of the facts listed are valid from an objective point of view just because some people can't grasp what a community is and should act like. It's impossible to disprove that it's already had too much attention either. You went and felt offended by my post even though I explained to what type of posters it was directed to --not my problem.

Can you please answer my question: Do you have a whim hatched as your pet?

Considering the amount of time you spend making pixels blow up to more pixels in PvE, you could try reading my full post next time.

Heh in another feedback thread you called me liar and that post was deleted by a moderator.
My post was probably deleted because I don't sugar-coat what I say. Enlighten us about the incident so I can respond to something more than a meaningless observation.

Xstealthxx
02-06-2014, 06:06 AM
I'm not even going to bother explaining how the majority of the facts listed are valid from an objective point of view just because some people can't grasp what a community is and should act like. It's impossible to disprove that it's already had too much attention either. You went and felt offended by my post even though I explained to what type of posters it was directed to --not my problem.

Considering the amount of time you spend making pixels blow up to more pixels in PvE, you could try reading my full post next time.

My post was probably deleted because I don't sugar-coat what I say. Enlighten us about the incident so I can respond to something more than a meaningless observation.

Its not about you bud, its about the whim! The thread is about players' comments of the pet.. Can we go back talking about whim.. Thank you..

Haligali
02-06-2014, 06:18 AM

Bro, so you 'don't sugar-coat what you say' when you call someone liar, but the others are offensive/negative if they give feedback in a feedback thread. :)

Either way, i named my pets from you, i hope you appreciated and get it as a nice gesture & i hope now u are more interested to fixing them. :))

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/06/gyta9eze.jpg

Cheers

Paulsebi
02-06-2014, 06:22 AM
Bro, so you 'don't sugar-coat what you say' when you call someone liar, but the others are offensive/negative if they give feedback in a feedback thread. :)

Either way, i named my pets from you, i hope you appreciated and get it as a nice gesture & i hope now u are more interested to fixing them. :))

Cheers

Lmfao :) good one Hali... and ye whim is a crap pet these days, hope sts will sort this pet

Madnex
02-06-2014, 06:40 AM
either way, i named my pets from you, i hope you appreciated and get it as a nice gesture & i hope now u are more interested to fixing them. :))

pls fix whim!

kixkaxx
02-06-2014, 06:56 AM

pls fix whim!

So please now teach us how to use whim in pve, I'm very eager to know your technique.

eeknoh
02-06-2014, 09:44 AM

It would be extremely hard for a person to have more assumptions and opinions than ive seen you post on this thread. Its outright hilarious. Im not going to argue with you mate, although i know you would love it if i did(oh crud im assuming!. All ill say is whatever you choose to assume, don't assume i got offended. At the very extreme end i may have been a bit annoyed by the extreme repetitiveness and complete lack of consideration for anyone elses opinions besides your own, across several posts and threads, but not offended :-). I mean, read your signature mate. Lol.

.01% fact. Thats a rough number.

Haligali
02-06-2014, 01:59 PM
pls fix whim!

Good boy, that's what we are talking about :)

So back to the thread, here is another feedback:

There is a slightly short range, where Whim does not pull, but do damage with his arcane ability. Here are the pictures pvp and pve:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/07/8ebavabe.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/07/ebe2ava2.jpg

As you can see, from this range the pve mob is not aggroed and in pvp, omnisorc is too lazy to attack his opponent. Activate aa and it doesnt pull, but do damage. I find it strange, is it works as intended?

Hiosahaf
02-07-2014, 08:05 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/07/8ebavabe.jpg

Not a Whim user but..wow that's small

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Madnex
02-07-2014, 10:39 AM
I think it was already mentioned hal. My AA is consisted by two different moves, pull & smash. What you're seeing is my smash's bigger range, which is around 9mm.

Zeus
02-07-2014, 11:32 AM
I think it was already mentioned hal. My AA is consisted by two different moves, pull & smash. What you're seeing is my smash's bigger range, which is around 9mm.

The pull was reduced to 9mm, it specifically said in the Tech Issues & Bugs section.

Madnex
02-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Didn't read after typing it, probably cut a part or two.

Let's test this new tweak.

Uzii
02-07-2014, 06:15 PM

Cheers

What a fitting name for spoiled little brat..ehm..pet :D

Haligali
02-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Some pics, i think range fixed, now properly 9mm, also can notice double damage. The first is always - 95,second is higher and can crit:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/08/a3yjenyh.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/08/e5edutyq.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/08/aqu7u4a9.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/08/puda7a2y.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/08/uvu4amur.jpg

Here a group pull, so so

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/08/yhy8edud.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/08/2y2ebeza.jpg

Ardbeg
02-07-2014, 11:26 PM
Not the original range, but they work great now for me (PVE) :)

Ravager
02-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Good enough for me. Thank you.

Zeus
02-08-2014, 04:22 PM
They work awesome now, thanks! Of course, 14mm would be nice but with the 9mm pull fixed, I can live with it & be happy with it!

Huge thanks for not letting us whim users regret our purchase!

matanofx
02-08-2014, 05:46 PM
still tiny range tho. was the original plan so bad? its just a pull not buff/stun/root/panic

Zeus
02-08-2014, 05:58 PM
still tiny range tho. was the original plan so bad? its just a pull not buff/stun/root/panic

Trust me, 9mm is pretty darn good compared to what we had. Also, the original 14mm pull did a half *** pull. It was not nearly as strong or snappy as this 9mm pull. I feel like this one is much better.

Haligali
02-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Trust me, 9mm is pretty darn good compared to what we had. Also, the original 14mm pull did a half *** pull. It was not nearly as strong or snappy as this 9mm pull. I feel like this one is much better.

Yes it hits harder in pve compared to my picture on previous page.

Mummy
02-08-2014, 06:43 PM
The latest update does not seem to be much change for me. The range still the same, but the pull more effective now. However, even if whim successful pull the mob around him, mobs scatter immediately.

For warrior, whim is good. Once they pull the mobs around whim, warrior can use windmill to hit as many mobs as he can.

For mage, it is ok, mage can use time shift to deal high dmg. But if you want to control this group of mobs, you have to spend 2 sec on charging your skill, by that time mobs are not close to each other anymore.

For rogue, whim is worse, I don't know what a rogue can do after whim successfully pull large amount of mobs, because as far as i know, lots of rogues don't have AOE skill activated.

I would prefer whim's arcane ability works exactly same as rogue's trap, pull + bleeding + snare. In this way, whim's arcane ability is really what we can expect from an arcane rarity pet. For now, whim's arcane ability is almost the same as Frosteye's except high damage.

nelson131
02-09-2014, 07:31 AM
Ofc I think it would be better with 12-14mm range because of the op range of singe's AA. But since I'm not a whim user and on prob will never get it, I'm just happy u guys have ur whims fixed!

And "nice" response speed sts ;D

keikali
02-09-2014, 09:31 AM
The Whims are working pretty well after this fix.

I was running with Parf in a couple of maps and the pull is DEFINITELY stronger and tighter than before.

Also its not too shabby in PvP also with this fix, just saying.

Remiem
02-10-2014, 11:27 AM
We're glad to hear you're all pleased with the new update. Thanks again for this really helpful discussion. Teamwork really pays off! :)

Haligali
02-10-2014, 11:32 AM
We're glad to hear you're all pleased with the new update. Thanks again for this really helpful discussion. Teamwork really pays off! :)

Yes, thank you, whim now more valuable to use :) makes sense to open the remaining eggs.

eeknoh
02-12-2014, 06:04 AM
Something smells like bacon.. Mm.

Its certainly better, and people arent so unhappy. As for me personally, im still not impressed with the abilty, but at least its not broken. And its now somewhat useful. I think sts could have taken the idea and really done something special, but its okay.

Killerheels
02-12-2014, 08:51 AM
I imagine whim being really good for sorcs and warriors. I swap my rogue for my under-geared sorc when I run with a rogue guildie who has whim. He places trap, gets aggro, drops veil, whims pull and i drop my clock :) happy firing skills when mobs are squished so tightly! Great fix, really snappy pull that you can always count on :)

keikali
02-12-2014, 09:23 AM
I imagine whim being really good for sorcs and warriors. I swap my rogue for my under-geared sorc when I run with a rogue guildie who has whim. He places trap, gets aggro, drops veil, whims pull and i drop my clock :) happy firing skills when mobs are squished so tightly! Great fix, really snappy pull that you can always count on :)

Its pretty nice on a rogue also. Drop a trap, drop smoke, Whim AA. Dat snappy pull. Parf knows whats up!

Approximation
02-16-2014, 05:12 AM
Thats COOOL

aspire
02-22-2014, 02:05 AM
Im lvl15 and using whim as pet, this new mythic pet is better than whim...
Same speed, better crit, 20dex coz im rogue, 160mana and 8mana regen.

Paid alot for whim and now some mythic rarity pet is better than arcane rarity.
Maybe base addons on whim needs some buff??

matanofx
02-22-2014, 06:21 AM
Ill still be the first to say range should be 14mm and how is that any less OP than samael? or glacian on season4 or hj on season3? Its not, its arcane rarity and it should give more than it currently does.

Ravager
02-23-2014, 12:05 AM
Im lvl15 and using whim as pet, this new mythic pet is better than whim...
Same speed, better crit, 20dex coz im rogue, 160mana and 8mana regen.

Paid alot for whim and now some mythic rarity pet is better than arcane rarity.
Maybe base addons on whim needs some buff??

A twink is not going the reap the major benefits of 15% DMG increase