PDA

View Full Version : Possible new scam

Thrindal
01-31-2014, 09:31 AM
I had a player in game pm me yesterday that I 'had won the raffle for one of two Singe eggs'. They were persistent but I ignored them as I had entered no such contest and if it were an STS contest I assume the egg would just be placed in my inventory.

I have no idea how the scam would progress but my guess is I would have to give something up before getting the egg. The user would then probably disappear and I would have no egg and be out an item and/or gold.

Again this person was persistent even after I changed maps. My suggestion is simply to ignore. If it sounds too good to be true, then it is.

Thrindal

Rare
01-31-2014, 10:13 AM
Likely they would have said "you just need to go register at this site with your username and password"

Anarchist
01-31-2014, 10:20 AM
Procedure Scam_Level(n,c:string);
Begin
Writeln('insert name');
readln (n);
Writeln('insert case');
readln(c);
end;

Begin
Scam_Level(n,c);
Writeln(n);
Writeln(c);

Writeln('Result: scam level(99%), there is a evident attempt of scam report to stg ');

readln;
end.

DocDoBig
01-31-2014, 10:27 AM
Likely they would have said "you just need to go register at this site with your username and password"

Are the yolasite scammers on AL, too? :O

Sorcerie
01-31-2014, 10:53 AM
I would have just said, "Great! You've also just won a permanent ban since i have screen shot this entire conversation in order to report you! :D"