PDA

View Full Version : Opening Imbued Golden Chests at L41 = L41 Tarlok Gear? [Dev Confirmation]

Zeus
01-31-2014, 07:44 PM
Is this true?

I know a few people who have imbued golden chests stacked up.

falmear
01-31-2014, 07:50 PM
I saved some imbued golden chests but not many. I am hoping this is the case. :adoration:

HopeSolo
01-31-2014, 07:52 PM
tysm for posting this thread Apollo!!!!

Ebezaanec
01-31-2014, 07:59 PM
I don't think so. Tarlok gear is capped at L36.

If there was L41 Tarlok, then technically, they wouldn't be from the Winter event.. This is due to the fact that the Devs would have to calculate stats for the gear and work on balancing items along with balancing items for the expansion. Therefore, the items would be redesigned.

I personally believe and would want more man-power being spent on newer content, not older content simply so hoarders can make to make a huge profit.

Zeus
01-31-2014, 07:59 PM
I saved some imbued golden chests but not many. I am hoping this is the case. :adoration:

I would think so too, but depending on how they wrote the code, they may or may not have planned for this. .-.

I think, if I was programming it, I would write code so that it auto adjusts to the level so come time next year to re-release, I would have less work to do.

GoodSyntax
01-31-2014, 08:01 PM
I opened the last of my Imbued a while ago and all I got from any of the chests were 40 Winter Tokens.

Gamerguyios
01-31-2014, 08:01 PM
Is tarlok the best gear you can get without platinum? Besides buying from the cs.

Ebezaanec
01-31-2014, 08:04 PM
Is tarlok the best gear you can get without platinum? Besides buying from the cs.

Nope. Mythic and Arcane is. You can get them for free from Elite Gold Chests.

Morholt
01-31-2014, 08:27 PM
I would think so too, but depending on how they wrote the code, they may or may not have planned for this. .-.

I think, if I was programming it, I would write code so that it auto adjusts to the level so come time next year to re-release, I would have less work to do.Not so much out of laziness for next year, but because it's simpler to make it scale with a formula and drop at the proper lvl--as the Tarlok event was a bridge to this expansion/the storyline. The Tarlok event won't return

As it stands, I would think that it is currently set to scale.
I don't believe sts does many items that aren't scaled. Pre-Shuyal, it was stated that the way bonechill/devourer bows SCALED had an issue with the coding values, causing the abnormally high damage across all levels of the bows.

Further proof? Surely: the winter event's weapons. For the mage's ice pellet gun, it can easily be seen that sts started with the level 35 one and plugged in a formula for how much weaker it gets every 5 levels. It is made very evident by any mage holding the lvl 5 ice pellet gun. Why? Equipping it actually lowers both your damage and dps.
If sts manually designed each weapon, they wouldn't have made a weapon add a (unseen) negative number.

Solid
01-31-2014, 08:40 PM
Since, Tarlok gear was scaled and made at a specific level, I highly doubt there will be l41 gear.

Epic level 41 gear seems to have a good possibility.

Hectororius
01-31-2014, 09:36 PM

I think, if I was programming it, I would write code so that it auto adjusts to the level so come time next year to re-release, I would have less work to do.

well now that you brought it to their attention...

anyways, just like opening pirate and warchests and puzzleboxes, the items inside it are probably limited to what they put inside them and wont be scaling. If you're right though, dont forget the little people :)

Energizeric
01-31-2014, 10:01 PM
Actually, from what info the developers have posted in the past, it appears that gear is scaled not manually but based on a formula applied to each piece of gear. That said, when you open an elite golden pirate chest, you do NOT get level 35/36 gear as it is capped at level 30. So one would think the winter tarlok chests are similarly capped.

extrapayah
02-01-2014, 11:55 AM
idk for sure about imbued chests, but i asked devs before about frozen chests (same untradeable chests), devs said, they categorized the chest into different loot table by the level when you acquired the chests and they also said the chest acquired in level 36 can give us lvl35-36 equipments, a little bit different with Halloween's event chests (always receive equipment with the same level with the characters)

baddiva
02-01-2014, 06:01 PM
How come imbued chest can figure out the stats of an item of the future update?
In my logic, each chest assigned to specific loot table only.. it wasn't a smart dynamic table. It's just like when we open a normal golden chest.. the item won't be higher than lv 16 item.

Daddyblu
02-02-2014, 03:48 AM
Is this true?

I know a few people who have imbued golden chests stacked up.

If there is a tarlok gear its not 41 but 40 only