PDA

View Full Version : Improve the success rate of the "A thousand snowballs!" and "A thousand pelts" quests

Solvok
11-28-2010, 08:12 AM
this has been very hard for me to get through and i still havent finished; i die too many times doing this quest

Varking
11-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Is this quest for level 40s and higher only? I just started it on my 41 dex bear but it isn't available to me on my 28 Battle Mage.

Kalielle
11-28-2010, 10:14 AM
They call them elite dungeons for a reason. There's plenty of easy content elsewhere in the game.

I think the success rates are fine as they are. These quests give us something to do when we get bored of farming AO3. They're something you come back to and do a bit each day, not something you finish in an evening. Without them I think much fewer people would be playing nightmares.

Incidentally, I find nightmares quite easy to play on a level 50. You just need a team that works together. It's possible to solo (with some classes more so than with others), but not without quite a few deaths.

Varking
11-28-2010, 11:44 AM
What level are the rewards?

Royce
11-28-2010, 11:44 AM
These are supposed to be elite quests with unique rewards. They should stay hard. I finished both with a level 30 mage. They're not impossible, it just takes patience.

JonDaDon
11-28-2010, 01:15 PM
oh look its that guy^^^

Royce
11-28-2010, 01:59 PM
What level are the rewards?

30, an they're worth the effort just for the uniqueness factor. Though I wish they'd tack that 1 armor that black ice staff is missing back on, since currently it's slightly inferior to the regular one.

nazgulking
11-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Anyway, apart from the difficulty factor which should stay as hard as it is, i do share the feeling the chance of success rate in these elite maps should increase as much as they did on tomes (MUCH better now)

Lesrider
11-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Lol I abandoned the tomes a long time ago. Decided to check it out yesterday with my Mage, and I was getting so many tomes that my screen was never clear. Got up to like 500 in a few minutes.

smoae
11-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Frozen longsword, auto crossbow, and staff look AWESOME, other ones are just eh.

DawnInfinity
11-28-2010, 03:06 PM
It's taken me forever and I'm only about halfway through those quests. :/

Royce
11-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Anyway, apart from the difficulty factor which should stay as hard as it is, i do share the feeling the chance of success rate in these elite maps should increase as much as they did on tomes (MUCH better now)

The tomes quest was not elite, these are. I really hope they do not increase pelt an snowball drop rates. What's the point of unique black ice if it's easy to get, and then not so unique any more? It's supposed to be elite people, it's supposed to take dedication ;)

Uctiger62
11-28-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm confused, though...

What good is a lvl 30 item if you're lvl 40 by the time you finish the quest?

Royce
11-28-2010, 05:02 PM
I'm confused, though...

What good is a lvl 30 item if you're lvl 40 by the time you finish the quest?

You won't be level 40 since you stop gaining XP in FN before then. Anyway, they are generally the best weapons til AO2, so they are quite useful, but mainly they are for show anyway, since the items that drop in FN have the same stats. I use my black ice on my level 30 FN twink ;)

Uctiger62
11-28-2010, 05:13 PM
You won't be level 40 since you stop gaining XP in FN before then. Anyway, they are generally the best weapons til AO2, so they are quite useful, but mainly they are for show anyway, since the items that drop in FN have the same stats. I use my black ice on my level 30 FN twink ;)

Hmm..good to know.

Varking
11-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Looks like I will be turning off my EXP gain once I hit 30 tonight or tomorrow on my Mage to try and get these over the next few weeks while still getting kills counted.

Uctiger62
11-28-2010, 05:40 PM
I keep forgetting that since there is no real end-game content...there's no need to hurry up and grind to 50.

gl0c
11-28-2010, 05:47 PM
this has been very hard for me to get through and i still havent finished; i die too many times doing this quest

It's called an "elite" quest..and it's supposed to be hard. No only that it would be unfair for people who have already finished the quests.

Fyrce
11-29-2010, 06:36 AM
It good to have something that is optional but is also a challenge. There are not that many challenges in this game... And I do NOT even want to think about the number of pelts and snowballs I have yet to get... over all my characters. LOL.

maneut
11-29-2010, 07:16 AM
It's fine as it is, it lets you learn how not to relie on pots to stay alive... lots of hit and run if you wanna solo :) It's a good break from AO3 farming too!

icantgetkills
11-29-2010, 07:46 AM
imo the yeti one is fine drop rate but the little yetis are pathetic half the drop rate i finished the first quest took me like a week on off doing it and only had done 500 of the 2nd one so have just left it there :/

chau
11-29-2010, 09:44 AM
i like frozen nightmare very much lol, i have done quests three times and get all that unique items, and i still sometimes do more.
After update, its hard indeed but with a paly its nothing, its also good place to practice pvp, my mage (minhchau) got hell alot better after playing there

chau
11-29-2010, 09:45 AM
and i regret that i am out of level 50s for now to do another quests ahah

Derajdefyre
11-29-2010, 10:38 AM
I have been doing frozen nightmare a lot lately. It really separates the men from the boys. I have seen level 50's run in thinking they are hot poop and end up looking like they ran through a bark chipper. I have seen a group of all 30's methodically destroy the enemy through use of strategy and teamwork. You REALLY need all possible armor debuffing on these things, they have insane armor. You also need to weaken their damage output because their damage is stupidly high. Basically you need to *gasp* use all the tools you are given.