PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay for Singe?

Limsi
02-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Let's remove the "it's new and not much has it atm" thinking and base our prices on the abilities/stat boost alone. I wanna hear what the community thinks before I purchase one! Thanks

Note: Please keep this thread constructive by supporting your price in mind and not just simply coming up with a figure.

Zeus
02-01-2014, 12:07 AM
No more than 25m. Sam is arguably as competitive, so no point for me to spend more than that when Sam does the job just fine.

Limsi
02-01-2014, 12:13 AM
No more than 25m. Sam is arguably as competitive, so no point for me to spend more than that when Sam does the job just fine.

You got a point, I have yet to witness the stun rate in game though to compare it with sam's banish. It's 40 percent right?

Zeus
02-01-2014, 12:15 AM
You got a point, I have yet to witness the stun rate in game though to compare it with sam's banish. It's 40 percent right?

Yes, my video has the stun rate and it didn't really stun me all that often.

Limsi
02-01-2014, 12:20 AM
Yes, my video has the stun rate and it didn't really stun me all that often.

That's the issue for me. I guess I'm really leaning with sam's terrify considering its reliability both pve and pvp. Not saying Singe isn't great but it has its set of tradeoffs as well (same with sam). Thanks for your opinion!

Limsi
02-01-2014, 12:21 AM
I would pay 30mil for it.

I'm naturally stingy... but I've seen the comparisons with Samael and IMO it's hard to contrast between the two pets because of the different advantages either pet brings to the PvP stage. I dont think that Samael's utility as the premium 1v1 pet is dimished by Singe and the AoE panic effect isn't inferior to the arcane ability of Singe in terms of giving the team an advantage in ctf clashes. Only reason I would pay that much more for Singe would be the clear difference in the amount of buff offered with Singe's happiness bonus compared to Samael's. The lack of crit boost is perhaps offset by the other buffs especially dmg reduction. That and also since Singe is the shiny new arcane pet that noone else has at the moment.

Right, i'm really eyeing the buff Singe gives to party members! Thanks!

Nagin
02-01-2014, 12:22 AM
I would pay 35m for it bcoz of its stats and looks and arcane ability, definitely a beast...

Limsi
02-01-2014, 12:25 AM
I would pay 35m for it bcoz of its stats and looks and arcane ability, definitely a beast...

Ahh yes! I've seen it both in game and zeus' video! It's definitely a larger pet among all the other arcanes. His arcane ability is like hammerjaw's but a bit better as well!

keikali
02-01-2014, 12:35 AM
After seeing it in action from the video, I'd pay about 25m-30m. Definitely a nice pet.

I mean have you seen THAT RANGE? JEEZ.

Ihateppl
02-01-2014, 12:43 AM
Based on what Zeus's video showed, at most I would pay 5k

Energizeric
02-01-2014, 01:20 AM
I haven't really examined Singe much yet, but from the stats and abilities I've seen, it appears that Samael is much more useful in a 1-on-1 battle, but Singe appears much more useful in a team battle because of the extensive team buff, and therefore also much more useful in PvE when running elites with a full team.

Morholt
02-01-2014, 01:26 AM
Let's remove the "it's new and not much has it atm" thinking and base our prices on the abilities/stat boost alone. I wanna hear what the community thinks before I purchase one! Thanks

Note: Please keep this thread constructive by supporting your price in mind and not just simply coming up with a figure.Under 20 million for me. Much under that.

Reason? I don't pvp. :P
And thus, I cannot justify the price of pets like Sam, Whim, and Singe.
It would be a very...very...very...very long time before a price of 20 mil profit can recollected from the usage of it. Remember, PROFIT. Your choice is to play as is & with the 20 mil & continuing to amass more gold, or spend the 20 mil and still gain what you would've gotten without (hopefully that makes sense). If going from one pet to another gave you the ability to run elite maps/arena with a 10% decrease in time per run...you'd still be farming for quite some time. You'd have to first farm 20 million to get back to being even. To get to where you would be with that 20 mil + what you would've been able to farm in that time...what? 38 million gold? And that's without the thought of how many times you'd have to feed the pet. Unless you want to slow down your super pet farming by stopping every time it gets hungry.

That's how I'd rationalize the purchase of an item that I'd be unable to trade for anything.
For items that you can trade after usage...you can make a profit off of it very quickly, as you are often able to get most of its value back. With eggs on the other hand...once you open it, all the value is gone.

Limsi
02-01-2014, 01:37 AM
Under 20 million for me. Much under that.

Reason? I don't pvp. :P
And thus, I cannot justify the price of pets like Sam, Whim, and Singe.
It would be a very...very...very...very long time before a price of 20 mil profit can recollected from the usage of it. Remember, PROFIT. Your choice is to play as is & with the 20 mil & continuing to amass more gold, or spend the 20 mil and still gain what you would've gotten without (hopefully that makes sense). If going from one pet to another gave you the ability to run elite maps/arena with a 10% decrease in time per run...you'd still be farming for quite some time. You'd have to first farm 20 million to get back to being even. To get to where you would be with that 20 mil + what you would've been able to farm in that time...what? 38 million gold? And that's without the thought of how many times you'd have to feed the pet. Unless you want to slow down your super pet farming by stopping every time it gets hungry.

That's how I'd rationalize the purchase of an item that I'd be unable to trade for anything.
For items that you can trade after usage...you can make a profit off of it very quickly, as you are often able to get most of its value back. With eggs on the other hand...once you open it, all the value is gone.

I'm seeing your point and i used to have the same mindset before. The thing is, investing on an egg is completely reasonable! They do not become completely outdated since they level up with you and would pretty much be your companion throughout a whole season. I would not say it's smart to put all of your gold into one great pet but if it does offer great help in the long run, one should think thoroughly. The thing with arcane pets is that they continue to gain abilities as well. I'm really happy with the STG's plan of introducing new passive abilities on lvl 41. thanks for ur input! ^.^

Morholt
02-01-2014, 02:36 AM
I'm seeing your point and i used to have the same mindset before. The thing is, investing on an egg is completely reasonable! They do not become completely outdated since they level up with you and would pretty much be your companion throughout a whole season. I would not say it's smart to put all of your gold into one great pet but if it does offer great help in the long run, one should think thoroughly. The thing with arcane pets is that they continue to gain abilities as well. I'm really happy with the STG's plan of introducing new passive abilities on lvl 41. thanks for ur input! ^.^Yes, but that is a lot of hardcore farming for likely a couple of seasons.

I like that they are likely going to do a lvl 40 passive for pets, too.
However, you just reminded me something with that thought, too...! You're going to spend 20-30 million for an egg? How much of a difference is it going to make? Especially if you already have an arcane pet? Not very much of one... Maybe if he was released a few months ago, but now? This is terrible timing to spend so much gold for a very slight bump in numbers. I'd hang onto that gold and keep it for the release of the very near new expansion. I'd imagine an arcane weapon, ring, or helm will provide you with an unbelievably better stat boost. Upgrading any of your items to a lvl 41 mythic one will provide you with a much better boost than using the pet. Oh, and you can always trade that item back for most of its value...and sometimes, even more than what you paid for it.

falmear
02-01-2014, 03:00 AM
Under 20m. IMHO the pet is not geared toward a mage. Yes it has nice overall stats. But if you PvP Samael is way more useful. There is no crit bonus on Singe so you lose 10% crit over Samael. For a mage thats 1/3rd of your crit and that is huge loss. Secondly Singe stuns and not panics, so stun immunity would decrease the number of stuns can do. A mage can stun easily with fireball. Mages already have a high damage stat, and damage hurts in PvP but crits kill. So this is why for me Samael will be my go to pet for PvP. Also Samael's passive healing is amazing. I have been close to death sometimes, and if I stand in Samael's healing circle I can stay alive and counter act any DOT damage. In PvE, Samael is hard to beat too because of its banishment & panic. Also I don't really like the way Singe looks, kind of like a cuddly stuffed animal with a dopey look. Most likely I will pass on this pet since I don't see it getting much use.

kilian27
02-01-2014, 02:07 PM
I sold mine for 40,5m. Got a 45m offer but the guy gone off and i didnt waited him.

Rare
02-01-2014, 05:14 PM
I would pay 3854341g

kurd4ever
02-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Max 25m not worth more then that

Kakashis
02-01-2014, 08:01 PM
I've been telling people not to pay more than 25 for it. It's New yes, it buffs and ignites things on fire etc. A team with slag, hammer/glacian, valkin, ribbit, and talon already has similar attributes. It's OP from a twink stand point and you get tons of stats though. Personally if I could choose any of the pets for elite I'll still choose Samael just for its terrify and banish. No amount of stats can account for instant - 100000hp on mobs which enhances survivability of the team!

Serillia
02-01-2014, 08:45 PM
I'd pay 25-28 mil ,not more than that.Because it isnt as great as it was made up to be when it was first announced.

overpowermage
02-01-2014, 09:24 PM
It price will be higher a little bit bit bit bit than samael,maybe 28-30m.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Sheener
02-01-2014, 10:42 PM
10 mil. I only have 8 mil lol

Roberto077
02-01-2014, 11:06 PM
I have a lot to sell but my emotions hold me back :( I love my veteran gear :(

VenomsChaos
02-01-2014, 11:32 PM
i ll not pay for sam or new pets because i am not doing pvp... earn 20-30 mil can take 5-10 month without plat, farming almost year and waste on a pet << not for my type gameplay... i do prefer use it on items.. but for your question = if sam worth 25 mil + whim 20 mil <<< i think singe should be 35 mil or more... sam is great pet i read and watch it so much time but singe seems better than sam + since is a new pet... yes 35++ mil ( i ll not giwe more than 3-5 mil )

SkullRapper64
02-02-2014, 12:20 AM
25mil and sell it for 45mil

Slappityslap
02-02-2014, 01:15 AM
After trying it out yesterday in pvp I'd say the stun rate is more like .4% than 40%. Don't know if pet level affects it but it's not 40%. I hope they fix it. On the other hand its arcane radius is really big and the hp boost is nice (about 600hp on my rogue). I need to lvl it first but at first glance I'd say its worth 30-35. Nice pet and bigger than mages.

Daddyblu
02-02-2014, 01:46 AM
10mil higher than Sam price... well its only a bit higher than sam damage... and higher chance of stunning..

but in terms of critical rate wise sam is higher.

nelson131
02-02-2014, 04:02 AM
21-24mil....... I love the crit boost and banish of Sammy..........

KingMartin
02-02-2014, 04:30 AM
I will pay about 20M - yeah, I know, I won't have it before summer but I can wait, Sam serves in Elite well :)

Daddyblu
02-02-2014, 04:46 AM
I will pay about 20M - yeah, I know, I won't have it before summer but I can wait, Sam serves in Elite well :)

thats too low lol.... 30-35 will be right

Armarax
02-02-2014, 04:57 AM
I would pay 30 mil

It is very populair so i think it's a fair price

someone offered me one for 1000 mil

KingMartin
02-02-2014, 05:10 AM
thats too low lol.... 30-35 will be right

You don't understand - I will wait till the price drops to the price I am going to pay :)

Sam serves well in elite - I really don't have to pay overpriced pet, as cute as it is :)

Daddyblu
02-02-2014, 05:27 AM
You don't understand - I will wait till the price drops to the price I am going to pay :)

Sam serves well in elite - I really don't have to pay overpriced pet, as cute as it is :)

LOL there are two reasons it should be higher in sam's price.

1. Singe is cuter than sam = sam is very ugly lol
2. it has more stats add more STR and damage for warrior.

but for me i rather use Sam :P even if sam very ugly pet lol

blanksss
02-02-2014, 08:10 AM
I would pay between 25m-30m

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

chitgoks
02-02-2014, 09:12 AM
visual wise 0. its ugly. stat wise, regardless id pay 5m

Hoardseeker
02-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Id pay 32mil

Badassthor
02-03-2014, 12:05 AM
For warriors I would pay 28-30m , for rogues I would pay 25-28m for mages I would pay 23-25m. Simply because this pet definitely benefits warriors the most amongst all the other classes with that damage reduction and having a 40 str boost. Therefore it is definitely the best pet for warriors. As for rogues samael is comparable as it gives crit which is beneficial for rogues and it's primary stats gives 10 int and 100 health which is similar to the +10int and +10 str happiness bonus. Plus the stun is more reliable for samael as the stun immunity doesn't apply to samael. The poison damage is around 80 I believe, and the burn damage for singe is 33 so that's quite a difference. As for mages I would pay the least as the damage reduction isn't that beneficial for mages due to their lower health and armor. Plus samael definitely is the most beneficial for mages amongst all of the classes and the difference in int is only 5. If samael does almost as good of a job as singe there's no reason why I should pay more. Remember samael has a passive heal and mana regen to all party members in range.

Kakashis
02-03-2014, 01:02 AM
Yep I agree with people here! It looks like Arcane pets even if they are newest and greatest no longer surpass the 40m mark. Not even 30m apparently unless you had the gold to spare. If anything, all Arcane pets should be buffed so that they would all be worth roughly the same. Hammerjaw at 7-8m mark means it's starting to show signs of being outdated! Because these pets cost real money, they should be worth more than whatever can be looted from the elite golden chests but this isn't the case. It's a little too late to change that, so I just recommend normalizing all the Arcane Pets from time to time unless there are plans to stop the older ones from being dropped.

Morholt
02-03-2014, 11:42 AM
After trying it out yesterday in pvp I'd say the stun rate is more like .4% than 40%. Don't know if pet level affects it but it's not 40%. I hope they fix it. On the other hand its arcane radius is really big and the hp boost is nice (about 600hp on my rogue). I need to lvl it first but at first glance I'd say its worth 30-35. Nice pet and bigger than mages.Probably the same way as Grim is. If I recall correctly, he has a 75% or 80% stun chance. However, that is on hits that he actually lands. The stun is on hit, not attack.
To improve the hit rate, get your pet up to your PvP lvl. A lvl 7 pet won't hit a lvl 36 very often.

Zeus
02-03-2014, 11:47 AM
For warriors I would pay 28-30m , for rogues I would pay 25-28m for mages I would pay 23-25m. Simply because this pet definitely benefits warriors the most amongst all the other classes with that damage reduction and having a 40 str boost. Therefore it is definitely the best pet for warriors. As for rogues samael is comparable as it gives crit which is beneficial for rogues and it's primary stats gives 10 int and 100 health which is similar to the +10int and +10 str happiness bonus. Plus the stun is more reliable for samael as the stun immunity doesn't apply to samael. The poison damage is around 80 I believe, and the burn damage for singe is 33 so that's quite a difference. As for mages I would pay the least as the damage reduction isn't that beneficial for mages due to their lower health and armor. Plus samael definitely is the most beneficial for mages amongst all of the classes and the difference in int is only 5. If samael does almost as good of a job as singe there's no reason why I should pay more. Remember samael has a passive heal and mana regen to all party members in range.

Keep in mind though that burn damage is applied more often and stacks if I recall correctly.

As for the damage reduction, STG should really shed light on how this is calculated. Until we know, we cannot determine how useful damage reduction is exactly.

Anarchist
02-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Keep in mind though that burn damage is applied more often and stacks if I recall correctly.

As for the damage reduction, STG should really shed light on how this is calculated. Until we know, we cannot determine how useful damage reduction is exactly.

STG should sheld light on many things about stats calculations...

@OP i would pay 25m nothing less nothing more.

Xpolosion
04-16-2014, 07:49 PM
Fix singe!

Elf
04-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Zzzz... singe worth 11-13m now ...

Kakashis
04-17-2014, 01:35 PM
Zzzz... singe worth 11-13m now ...

Most people I know bought for 10-11m I wouldn't buy him period and go straight to Sam!

Hiosahaf
04-17-2014, 01:40 PM
The story of Singe is somewhat like Macbeth.. How he fell from the throne..

Anarchist
04-17-2014, 01:50 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/028/425/thread_necromancer.png

Necrothreads.

Zeus
04-17-2014, 01:54 PM
I can't believe I thought I should pay 25m, lol!

Iliketolol
04-17-2014, 01:56 PM
I would like to pay 1m, but depends on seller... :p

Hiosahaf
04-17-2014, 01:56 PM
I can't believe I thought I should pay 25m, lol!

I think someone even sold it for 53m too back then if I'm not wrong? That bloke must be crying right now! (nice of you to put that title back on btw :3 )

Zeus
04-17-2014, 02:12 PM
I think someone even sold it for 53m too back then if I'm not wrong? That bloke must be crying right now! (nice of you to put that title back on btw :3 )

Thanks for convincing me to, I appreciate it. :)

Anarchist
04-17-2014, 02:40 PM
STG should sheld light on many things about stats calculations...

@OP i would pay 25m nothing less nothing more.

Btw based on recent unpleasant things Kalizza discovered i would like to point out how i had already been suspecting something was fishy.

Iliketolol
04-17-2014, 03:02 PM

That bloke got 6 singe in locks later...

Hiosahaf
04-17-2014, 03:53 PM
That bloke got 6 singe in locks later...

WHAT >.< kya yaar!

Atokhebat
04-18-2014, 04:22 AM
Hmm I buy all the singe if its "cheap" but unfortunately not...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Linkincena
04-18-2014, 04:26 AM
5 million