PDA

View Full Version : A solution for Stoppinng " Swapping SKILLS in PVP"

HopeSolo
02-01-2014, 01:04 AM
I have seen many players posted about this thread in here many times. In fact, we have seen many players use more than 4 skills in pvp in THIS season. We really hope Sts do somethings to stop it in pvp as soon as possible and make. I was thinking for a while to find a way to stop it. So here is my personally Idea, and I think it is the beset way to "Eliminate" the swapping skills in pvp. For example, we obviously know that We CAN NOT RESPECS skills in PVP and we have to leave the room to respecs our own skills. For this reason, i was thinking that why STS can not the same way as no ALLOWING players to repsecs skills in pvp. With this solution, It wont let players switching skills(4 skills only) during the fight or after they joined in PVP. Unless if they want to change other skills, they must leave the room and join back to the game.Therefore, I think this method is fair for all because it helps players to play a fair game, but it also bring fun back in PVP. SO if you like my idea,feel free to leave your comment about it and i also be grateful if sts read this thread. THANKS ALL!!!

freakoutt
02-01-2014, 02:16 AM
I honestly think that switching skilld should be allowed, BUT to make it more fair with all classes, STS could change it so 5 skills can be used at one time instead of 4 :)

falmear
02-01-2014, 03:33 AM
They should add a fifth skill to the HUD. With 6k mana and more at next level cap how is it useful? Yeah I never run out but mages die so fast that I die before I would even get close to running out. Having a 5th skill allows mages to use up their unused mana.

Solid
02-01-2014, 04:49 PM
They should add a fifth skill to the HUD. With 6k mana and more at next level cap how is it useful? Yeah I never run out but mages die so fast that I die before I would even get close to running out. Having a 5th skill allows mages to use up their unused mana.

99.99% sure this won't happen.

Focusing on the OP,

I think a more reasonable solution is to make skills that are on cool down to be locked.(from swapping)

Instanthumor
02-01-2014, 06:57 PM
I have seen many players posted about this thread in here many times. In fact, we have seen many players use more than 4 skills in pvp in THIS season. We really hope Sts do somethings to stop it in pvp as soon as possible and make. I was thinking for a while to find a way to stop it. So here is my personally Idea, and I think it is the beset way to "Eliminate" the swapping skills in pvp. For example, we obviously know that We CAN NOT RESPECS skills in PVP and we have to leave the room to respecs our own skills. For this reason, i was thinking that why STS can not the same way as no ALLOWING players to repsecs skills in pvp. With this solution, It wont let players switching skills(4 skills only) during the fight or after they joined in PVP. Unless if they want to change other skills, they must leave the room and join back to the game.Therefore, I think this method is fair for all because it helps players to play a fair game, but it also bring fun back in PVP. SO if you like my idea,feel free to leave your comment about it and i also be grateful if sts read this thread. THANKS ALL!!!

+100.

falmear
02-01-2014, 09:54 PM
99.99% sure this won't happen.

Focusing on the OP,

I think a more reasonable solution is to make skills that are on cool down to be locked.(from swapping)

Why? Because this would satisfy everyone. We could use 5 skills and use the untapped mana and lock the skills screen. I can't see needing more then 5 skills at this level. Seems like a win win for everyone.

Zeus
02-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Why? Because this would satisfy everyone. We could use 5 skills and use the untapped mana and lock the skills screen. I can't see needing more then 5 skills at this level. Seems like a win win for everyone.

Rogues don't have sufficient mana levels for 5 skills.

Madnex
02-01-2014, 10:26 PM
This. (http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/4434927/nobody-cares-spongebob-o.gif)

Seriously let's just wait for the stun immunity to be reduced or just see how the new expansion will affect PvP. You believe devs are going to change anything for a month or two? Ha, what do you think this is, something that affects platinum purchases?

Solid
02-02-2014, 02:22 AM

I think 1700 plat for $0.99 is honestly more likely to happen then 5 skills.

Would totally jack the whole "balance" vibe.

Instanthumor
02-02-2014, 02:59 AM

The whole "balance" vibe is jacked already.

falmear
02-02-2014, 03:14 AM

So? Spec more int so you do. I have to spec more str so I'm not so easily one shot by rogues. Classes would be more balanced if we had 5 skills. So if you want skills to be locked then give us 5 skills on the HUD and I'm behind it 100%. Right now we are getting to the point were skill points will be mostly useless and our mana pool is so big and unused. So it makes sense to add a 5th skill and other legends game have more then 4 skills so its not anything out of the norm.

falmear
02-02-2014, 03:19 AM

I don't think PvP is balanced so I don't know what balanced vibe you are talking about. Adding a 5th skill would balance PvP more because mages could use the untapped mana pool they have. We can now by switching skills. Adding a 5th skill makes it accessible to everyone.

Solid
02-02-2014, 11:30 AM
I don't think PvP is balanced so I don't know what balanced vibe you are talking about. Adding a 5th skill would balance PvP more because mages could use the untapped mana pool they have. We can now by switching skills. Adding a 5th skill makes it accessible to everyone.

Pretty sure that mana heal pool is for healing rogues mana in PvP :)

Zeus
02-02-2014, 12:22 PM

My opinion is that mages have that issue because unlike the other games, this game did not give sorcerers a mana shield. If they did, mana would be just enough for all classes as well as boost up sorcerer survivability.

So, I would suggest that the existing shield not only gives the current benefits it offers, but also allows mana to replace the health bar until the mana levels reach 30% or so - which then will result in the shield breaking.

I already add int in my build so I can get a few combos out of four skills. One 4 skill sequence will drain roughly 30% of my mana. So, I'm really only limited to 2-3x skill sequence repetitions. The amount of int that I would need to add for a 5 skill build would be pretty substantial.

falmear
02-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Pretty sure that mana heal pool is for healing rogues mana in PvP :)

Most mages don't use life giver now a days in PvP. Because you are dead after 15 seconds so its not much use. And you have low damage using 2 attack skills. So having 5 skills would be more beneficial because then the 5th skill would be life giver.

Solid
02-02-2014, 01:43 PM
So? Spec more int so you do. I have to spec more str so I'm not so easily one shot by rogues. Classes would be more balanced if we had 5 skills. So if you want skills to be locked then give us 5 skills on the HUD and I'm behind it 100%. Right now we are getting to the point were skill points will be mostly useless and our mana pool is so big and unused. So it makes sense to add a 5th skill and other legends game have more then 4 skills so its not anything out of the norm.
Almost every PvP rogues specs in int. You only get to use like 2-3 combos pure dex.

HopeSolo
02-03-2014, 12:58 AM
TBH, I literally like to skills the ways it is( 4 skills). Although i play Mage in this game and I certainly think that if they add another spot in skills map, I personally think that it would be unfair for rouge class( I don't defend for them) because mage and war will have more advantages than them. Let's talk about rouge class, for example, when a mage vs a rouge in pvp , mage stun rouge with the fireball--->lighting/ice--> curse( buff in 8 sec)and Also rouge is slowed down and get killed by clock before they try to reach her HP packs. Another disadvantage of rouge class that they neither have shield like mages, high amour like wars nor enough mana to use their skills . However, they have high crit, dmg, dodge and HP packs( restore huge health buffs like +200-300HP in each sec) which not only keep them stay alive, but they also help rouge a lot to avoid hits. So rouge can kill the enemies quickly than other classes. On the other hand, the biggest advantage of Mage than other classes having a MASSIVE mana. But there are some disadvantages, for instance, life giver only gives a large amount of HP once and Regrowth skill give them a small restored health like +10- 20HP/ per sec . Mage's amour is too low which always get hits and killed from the enemies in PVP or even in Elite/ arena maps. Warrior class,since Crafting/Updating is launched in this seaosn, they seem getting more stronger and tougher because Blood gems increase more their HP and amours which they hardly get killed by others. Overall, for balance in Pvp, we expect no having more than 4 skills and I personally hope that if sts can increases mage's amour or dodge up lil when we upgrade primary points. Thanks!!!

kinzmet
02-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Using more than 4 skills on PVP is a skill and tactic! Practise using more than 5 skills (usefull even on PVE) because on coming expansion your 6k mana pool will surely increase. And there will be another 5 skill points to spread, So basically the STS is promoting of using more than 4 skills (in my opinion).

Spyce
02-08-2014, 07:32 PM
They're at a disadvantage still because they have to take time to actually change the skills and thats less of a skill point they don't get. It's perfectly fine in my opinion.

Bless
02-09-2014, 06:38 AM

My opinion is that mages have that issue because unlike the other games, this game did not give sorcerers a mana shield. If they did, mana would be just enough for all classes as well as boost up sorcerer survivability.

So, I would suggest that the existing shield not only gives the current benefits it offers, but also allows mana to replace the health bar until the mana levels reach 30% or so - which then will result in the shield breaking.

I already add int in my build so I can get a few combos out of four skills. One 4 skill sequence will drain roughly 30% of my mana. So, I'm really only limited to 2-3x skill sequence repetitions. The amount of int that I would need to add for a 5 skill build would be pretty substantial. mana shield + arcane shield = 2 × warrior survivability

Bless
02-09-2014, 06:40 AM

The whole "balance" vibe is jacked already. using 5 skills now just jacks it up more. Id rather prefer mages get buffed than use 5 skills (now)...

Paulsebi
02-10-2014, 03:53 AM
This is the best solution for no skill swap and no pet spam :

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?136584-I-hope-Dev-will-fix-this&p=1457933&viewfull=1#post1457933

This should fix both in pvp....

Cya around...

puresai
02-10-2014, 09:24 AM
I am a mage with 7 skills unlocked
I did it coz during team fight I will change my 4skills depends on opponent team.
Also when 1v1, fighting with different toons I use different skill set.
I do think swapping skills during the fight should be allowed, since I sacrifice my points to my skills therefore I can only max 2 passives

Swapping skills during the fight is always risky, (I use iPad to swap with my fingers)
I am still new to swapping, I have 30-40% chance to mess up swapping and I end up dead.

That's just how I feel, I still try not to swapping when 1v1 coz ppl think it's not fair but it's getting harder for mage in duel nowdays :/ (p.s. Zeus partly it's your fault)

BTW ARCANE STAFF IS BROKEN!!!!!! I wish I never bought it, and it hurts me to say that like parents say to their child " I wish you were never born" lol ...........
STS PLZ DO SOMETHING..........

inkredible
02-10-2014, 04:07 PM
stop it in pvp but works pretty good for pve :), im sure they can lock the skill section like they locked the stable before

HopeSolo
02-17-2014, 08:19 PM
yes i will make a tent and sleep over night at CAMP