PDA

View Full Version : Two armor on same charcter

Corpser
11-28-2010, 09:02 AM
I have a lvl 17 Str bird and I wanted to know what stat point I need to use both void and rift (once I'm lvl 50) and what items I should use to increase it all in order please

Thx in advance ;)

Ellyidol
11-28-2010, 09:28 AM
For dual spec-ing on any 2 stats (forgot which 2 stats you can combo with exactly) :

Stat A = 126
Stat B = 126

126 is minimum you can go, you need lower level pink gears that boost Stat A/B to 154. So you need at least +28 of Stat A/B from 4 pieces of lower level pinks, meaning +7 Stat A/B on them.

Corpser
11-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Will doing this make me stronger in dungeon and pvp?

Ellyidol
11-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Not necessarily. It still depends on how you use your character. It does allow more diversity in what you can equip though, so in a way it makes you more versatile in dungeons/pvp.

Nightarcher
11-28-2010, 11:10 AM
I've been a pure-Dex-bird ever since the Lost Expedition was released, but I recently switched to a dual-spec for fun, and have found I can pvp and farm better.

For dungeons, often with many small mobs around, the armor and regen from a Rift-Str set comes in handy. Especially when farming with a good team, I will switch to Dex at the bosses for a fast kill, as I can dish up more damage with my bow.

In pvp, it gives you more options and flexibility. As a Str Bird, you have more survivability and if you get good, can beat even the best pure bird. Pure mages shouldn't be a huge problem, and tanks are at your level somewhat. Sometimes in a team, you'll want the damage and need less armor.

Dualing brings more strategy into all aspects of the game, and makes it much more interesting. I highly recommend it! :)

Conradin
11-28-2010, 12:07 PM
i have a str bird, and they are agro machines!!!! if you use them right they rock

BeardedBear
11-28-2010, 03:45 PM
I've been a pure-Dex-bird ever since the Lost Expedition was released, but I recently switched to a dual-spec for fun, and have found I can pvp and farm better.

For dungeons, often with many small mobs around, the armor and regen from a Rift-Str set comes in handy. Especially when farming with a good team, I will switch to Dex at the bosses for a fast kill, as I can dish up more damage with my bow.

In pvp, it gives you more options and flexibility. As a Str Bird, you have more survivability and if you get good, can beat even the best pure bird. Pure mages shouldn't be a huge problem, and tanks are at your level somewhat. Sometimes in a team, you'll want the damage and need less armor.

Dualing brings more strategy into all aspects of the game, and makes it much more interesting. I highly recommend it! :)

A hybrid shouldn't be able to beat ANY skilled pure. Do not advise for PVP.

TheLaw
11-28-2010, 08:47 PM
A hybrid shouldn't be able to beat ANY skilled pure. Do not advise for PVP.

Right, Who says Paladins are overpowered? I bet lonearcher can kill one easy.

BeardedBear
11-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Right, Who says Paladins are overpowered? I bet lonearcher can kill one easy.

I meant dual wielding, pardon.

I meant to say is any pure would own ANY dual wielder, as that is what this thread is about.

Rusalio
11-29-2010, 12:12 AM
Totally agree conradin.....love the purist approach!!!

Corpser
11-29-2010, 02:48 AM
I do like being a pure Mage but I don't like having to change characters all the time for different situations I was wondering about this cause I don't wanna have to lvl up a bear as well