PDA

View Full Version : Noobs leeching on higher level dungeons!!!!!!!

Fawkthisgame
11-28-2010, 09:21 AM
there is nothing more annoying than joining an alien oasis part III game just to find out 3 out of 5 of those people are low level noobs who are useless to the team. why would you make it so that low levels can go to high level dungeons?? all that does is make it harder for the people who actually belong there to get through it -_-. every time i join a game theres at least 2 people in their 20s....How the hell do u lvl with people on your team who can barely kill 1 monster? Fawkthisgame.

Fawkthisgame
11-28-2010, 09:26 AM
not to mention they also get pinks that they dont even need...

Ellyidol
11-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Thats the host's job to get rid of them. If they are friends with host doing a level, its not your call, find another game. They should have locked it if it were just them though.

Icemageix
11-28-2010, 09:28 AM
maybe u can try asking the leader to boot them

jjjjaaaakkkke
11-28-2010, 10:02 AM
I agree that noobs leeching on higher lvl dungeons is very annoying..

MoarPewPew
11-28-2010, 11:01 AM
there is nothing more annoying than joining an alien oasis part III game just to find out 3 out of 5 of those people are low level noobs who are useless to the team.

Your "joining" someones game, if you don't like it host your own game...

Problem solved... You can boot...

Also we should be welcoming to the new players. All of us were once new and it would be nice if we helped each other out. They won't always be newbies.

Fawkthisgame
11-28-2010, 11:26 AM
no it is not solved because to host your own game you will have to wait a looong time to get people & about the welcoming thing....most of them have lvl 50s already and even if they dont, its unfair that they go to dungeons they dont belong in and there will always be newbies coming in

Royce
11-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Asking people to leave or booting is the only current option. I am actually kind of surprised we don't have host options for min level yet, but even then you'd have to rely in the host to take care of it.

Kurlz
11-28-2010, 02:09 PM
no it is not solved because to host your own game you will have to wait a looong time to get people & about the welcoming thing....most of them have lvl 50s already and even if they dont, its unfair that they go to dungeons they dont belong in and there will always be newbies coming in

actualy, lhe longest ive had to wait for somebody to join my games is like 45 seconds. so, really, problem solved. ajd some of those "noobs" are actualy seasoned players, using an alt, or have their char frozen at that level. and even low level players can be usefull sometimes. i joined a game in ao2 with no host, a lvl 3 mage joined, and actually faught killed at least ten mobs alone and didnt die at all, not to mention they healed the group every few seconds.
the way i see it, if youre in a game and a low lvl player joins, give them a chance to proove themselves, if they dont do anything, ask them to leave, or boot them, but make sure you tell them they need to spend some time in maps that are on their level

MoarPewPew
11-28-2010, 05:40 PM

Then make friends and farm with them... I'm done giving suggestions on this thread seems like a big QQ/ Rant...

I have plenty of people I play with and I also tend to join games with random people. If I do host an ao2 or ao1 level I let anyone join... ( I can solo it) I help out lower levels in the process of farming. ( I could boot but I don't)

Last thing... At ao1 I've went in it with my bear when she was level 29 and I solo most mobs, at level 30 I tank the bosses and I have yet to die there.

Base people on there skill and awareness in the game than level. (leveling is easy, not messing up is not as easy)

Uctiger62
11-28-2010, 09:59 PM
As a noob, it's a little weird to see that I can join high lvl dungeons.

As a noob, it's EXTREMELY ****ING STRANGE to see that I can join high lvl dungeons and randomly win loot?

The random looting is extremely off-putting. There should be a roll feature or something.

Even if it's not noob ninja'ing high lvl gear, then it's a scenario that happened earlier: I joined a run where there was only one person and he was clearing...I got to the end of the dungeon where he/she was just in time to see the boss go down, and I got the pink. As soon as this toon saw that, he got pissed and cussed me out, then left the dungeon. While I enjoy getting epic gear and whatnot, I don't think it's ok for this to happen.

At this point...I run dungeons for the experience. There should be an option for the host to turn LOOT OFF for anyone who is XX levels lower than the lowest mob in that dungeon.

Pharcyde
11-28-2010, 10:49 PM
Thats the host's job to get rid of them. If they are friends with host doing a level, its not your call, find another game. They should have locked it if it were just them though.

Why did you even bring this up? 99.9% of the games hosts are gone. Generally games with the host are just started and full. Noobs don't come in until the group has left and all thats left are a couple bosses.

actualy, lhe longest ive had to wait for somebody to join my games is like 45 seconds. so, really, problem solved.

Is Kurlz your IGN? The games are in alphabetical by the hosts name. People starting with A have a advantage over people whos name starts with z. Because everyone see's the A game and not many people will scroll down to the Z game.

EricB
11-29-2010, 11:53 AM
I agree and disagree, lol.
I agree that it can be annoying sometimes to be joined by noobs, especially if you need a good team (A03,..).
But if you are farming for pinks in Levels you can solo, noobs are great! Each time I host a game like this i'm asking Low levels who's joining to give me their drop if it's pink, so i can have up to 4 chances to have a pink, lol. It's a win/win, And that's work. :)

So, yes i completely agree with the fact that more hosting options are needed to fit each players.

Riccits
11-29-2010, 11:55 AM
I agree and disagree, lol.
I agree that it can be annoying sometimes to be joined by noobs, especially if you need a good team (A03,..).
But if you are farming for pinks in Levels you can solo, noobs are great! Each time I host a game like this i'm asking Low levels who's joining to give me their drop if it's pink, so i can have up to 4 chances to have a pink, lol. It's a win/win, And that's work. :)

hmmmm and never happened that noob leaved and ignored u..?

EricB
11-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Nope, as most of the time its not super-rare pinks (under 10k value), smarts players don't leaves. But I think i'm lucky, or maybe thats because my farming character name is The Grudge, lol XD

FluffNStuff
11-29-2010, 12:22 PM
I was in AO2.2 the other day testing skill damage on the mummies and I usually lock the game when I do this, but I must have forgotten because a level 25 entered the game. I asked them 'Do you even like this game?' and they took that as their cue to leave.

addiekai
11-29-2010, 12:23 PM

Don't belong there? Did it dawn to you that this is a public game, and not only plat-paying players have right to playing this game?

I for one, have a level 50 and a low level char, and I had made enough friends to get that low level some levels by leeching. If you don't like that "noobies" are joining games you are in, make your own game and invite the people that you know who should "be there".

It's a game, free for all, and thus, not your call on who "should be there".

EricB
11-29-2010, 12:32 PM
I agree, and i think this thread should be in general discussions, lol.

addiekai
11-29-2010, 12:43 PM
I agree, and i think this thread should be in general discussions, lol.

Agree on who? LoL

EricB
11-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Agree what you (addiekai) are saying. LoL

addiekai
11-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Cool.

At least somebody agrees :p

superglut2
11-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Your "joining" someones game, if you don't like it host your own game...

Problem solved... You can boot...

Also we should be welcoming to the new players. All of us were once new and it would be nice if we helped each other out. They won't always be newbies.

they arent new playsers. They are just players of the age between 13 and 15 who believe that leveling in victory hall at lvl 1 goes faster then forest haven.. And yes its really annoying to boot out low lvls.

addiekai
11-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Just relax Glut.

It's just a game, don't be too hard on them...

MoarPewPew
11-29-2010, 04:00 PM
they arent new playsers. They are just players of the age between 13 and 15 who believe that leveling in victory hall at lvl 1 goes faster then forest haven.. And yes its really annoying to boot out low lvls.

How do you know that they are 13-15 year olds? How do you know there not new players?

Fact is you don't. Your assumption of this causes me to believe that you have no tolerance for any player except the ones on your friends list.

Our Job as older forum and game members is to guide the newer players and the players who are not new and teach them how to play the game the right way.
Yes joining ao3 at level one is not a smart and right thing to do but i would take the time to explain to the lower level player that this is not the proper way to level.

/finish rant

addiekai
11-29-2010, 04:02 PM
And basically, they are risking just getting killed when joining these rooms.

The time they waste just dying should turn them off.

Unless they are Ninjas... o.o

thugimmortal
11-29-2010, 04:42 PM
I think you should quit your moaning about noobs. as a noob myself i think what your saying is a discrace yeah i agree that its a waste of time going into lvl 50 dungeons at a low level but also think its upto the player and as for the pinks they only want them for the same reason you want them ..to sell for gold. im going to work my way to lvl 50 by going through all the campains in order and when i do i would gladly whoop you and see who the noob is ...

Sickofwork
11-29-2010, 04:43 PM
I never have a problem with low levels joining, with the exception being victory lap runs. We've all done it before where you're a bit too low to go to a particular zone, but you know the xp there would be substantially better then your current 'level equivalent' zone. As long as those low level players are trying (whether it be an enc healing/rev or a bird/bear doing some damage) then I have no issues with them being there. However, if there's a particular set up that I'm looking for, and I know that having half a party of low levels would be futile, then I'll just host a game. No need to complain about something that is easily remedied by features that are already in place.

relayer
11-29-2010, 06:08 PM
IMO there should be min levels set to enter based on the content... ie. AO3 min level to enter ~45

Lesrider
11-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Just host your own game!!!!!

Sickofwork
11-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Yeah but that would eliminate the ability for some people to play together. What if you're level 50 and a friend of yours 30, but you guys want to play together? Sure, you could play in a zone their level, but conversely, they couldn't. If anything, we should just be allowed to set level restrictions when hosting a game.

addiekai
11-29-2010, 06:22 PM
IMO, just let it be.

It's a trivial issue really, no use ranting on about it...

TwinkTastical
11-29-2010, 07:29 PM
there is nothing more annoying than joining an alien oasis part III game just to find out 3 out of 5 of those people are low level noobs who are useless to the team. why would you make it so that low levels can go to high level dungeons?? all that does is make it harder for the people who actually belong there to get through it -_-. every time i join a game theres at least 2 people in their 20s....How the hell do u lvl with people on your team who can barely kill 1 monster? Fawkthisgame.

i bet you 500k gold that you are a myna gen.

Wrap
11-29-2010, 07:52 PM

Yep, totally agree. Maybe try hosting your own game and inviting friends or waiting for people to see your game on list and join. That way you can decide who and what level people are there.

Jespo
11-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Well if the person has ao3 maybe they are lvling an alt. But if not then its their friend and there isnt a problem with them lvling friends up but i personaly wont do it in ao3 i would do it in a dungeon for their lvl

Pharcyde
11-29-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm completely fine with noobs unless its Ao3. I can solo a boss but it takes a hell of a lot of potions. Thats why I want a strong team so I'm not just wasting money for a junk drop.

Wrap
11-29-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm completely fine with noobs unless its Ao3. I can solo a boss but it takes a hell of a lot of potions. Thats why I want a strong team so I'm not just wasting money for a junk drop.

Agreed...also just a tip, if you are trying to level fast then i would suggest going straight to Balefort Castle (levels 1-23). It is very fast and good xp. Many high levels go there to run through the levels to complete the "Tome" quest and it is quite easy for you to just 'tag' along with them ;) Doing ao3 is very slow and inefffective xp for a low level. Only do ao3 once you can no longer level up at the other dungeons. Once your a high level (40-49) i suggest making runs at "Crush The Keeper" in Ao3 with a team and use a xp pot.

Pharcyde
11-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Agreed...also just a tip, if you are trying to level fast then i would suggest going straight to Balefort Castle (levels 1-23). It is very fast and good xp. Many high levels go there to run through the levels to complete the "Tome" quest and it is quite easy for you to just 'tag' along with them ;) Doing ao3 is very slow and inefffective xp for a low level. Only do ao3 once you can no longer level up at the other dungeons. Once your a high level (40-49) i suggest making runs at "Crush The Keeper" in Ao3 with a team and use a xp pot.

Money Money Money. It doesn't matter how efficient the exp is. Once you get to level 50 you will want to buy the top gear. Going through ao3 crush the keeper 1-50 is great money, and if you do the bosses you might get all the gear on your own.

Demonicdevyn
11-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Lmao,This made me laugh i was on my lv 15 char and my freind invited me to a game there was 3 lv 50s all my freinds and one lv 8 who was a stranger i joined cause my freind was having some questions,when sudenly the lv 8 spazzed and started yelling at me i cant work with a 15 hes stealing all my xp................

Pharcyde
11-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Lmao,This made me laugh i was on my lv 15 char and my freind invited me to a game there was 3 lv 50s all my freinds and one lv 8 who was a stranger i joined cause my freind was having some questions,when sudenly the lv 8 spazzed and started yelling at me i cant work with a 15 hes stealing all my xp................

lmao. Know whats sad? I joined a lvl 45 game. The guy booted me and said "lvl 50 takes exp!" Lol wtf?

Lesrider
11-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Lol it's funny that people can get to lvl 45 and still not know how exp actually works...

superglut2
11-30-2010, 03:51 PM
haha thats funny

giayuan
11-30-2010, 11:41 PM
SOOOOOO many mynas gens... though mynas gen is gone now :(
i bet the mynasers prob dont even know they are called mynas gens xD
why dont you just leave the game? its not like thats the only game...like in ancient swamps...

Demonicdevyn
11-30-2010, 11:42 PM
TIMe for THE droid GEN

giayuan
11-30-2010, 11:45 PM
hehe droid gen? wassat?