PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Remake increase armor passive to decrease incoming damage

extrapayah
02-02-2014, 03:58 PM
as the title said,

might attract more interest for low-armored character build

thank you

Ebezaanec
02-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Isn't that what armor does? It decreases the amount of damage that is actually inflicted onto your health?

extrapayah
02-02-2014, 04:41 PM
i hope so, :D, just like how shiloh's happiness bonus

Striderevil
02-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Yes but the only thing that would change is Warriors get an increased advantaged and mages get screwed further due to the fact that they already dont do enough damage

extrapayah
02-04-2014, 06:42 AM
Yes but the only thing that would change is Warriors get an increased advantaged and mages get screwed further due to the fact that they already dont do enough damage

you're definitely viewing this in pvp manner... sts already design mage to have the lowest armor, so adding a percentage to that little armor doesn't help much... so it will help in pve with the change

as for the pvp problem, i think the problem is because sts design all passives exactly same for all type of characters, that's the root problem, i think

falmear
02-05-2014, 03:47 AM
If you are a mage and want an easy solution use Tarlok Heart of Potency. 40 STR 20 INT 100 Health 3.0 DMG 23 Armor. Gives you a minor increase in armor but a lot of STR. I have one with 2 exceptional blood gems on it. So this ends up being +52 STR. Combined with shield which favors more STR then INT makes it so you can take a lot more damage. Yes this reduces your damage but putting your passive on armor will reduce your damage one way or another. I used this amulet when flagging because people like taking pot shots at you sometimes or out right attack you.

Alternatively, you can also check out Tarlok Heart of Brutality with 40 INT 20 STR 100 Health 3.0 DMG 23 Armor. But this maybe something you are already using if you are not using Lunar Pendant. But basically there is gear that you can use to boost your health & armor to give you greater survivalability.

If you really want to go all out tanking as a mage you can look at armor that is called 'of Will'. Like Architect Suit/Helm of Will. This usually has the highest armor with STR being the primary highest stat and INT as the secondary lower stat. I don't see them increasing the percentage of incoming damage for one class over another. Your best bet is to use shield and make the right equipment choices for a given situation.

extrapayah
02-05-2014, 11:12 PM
If you are a mage and want an easy solution use Tarlok Heart of Potency. 40 STR 20 INT 100 Health 3.0 DMG 23 Armor. Gives you a minor increase in armor but a lot of STR. I have one with 2 exceptional blood gems on it. So this ends up being +52 STR. Combined with shield which favors more STR then INT makes it so you can take a lot more damage. Yes this reduces your damage but putting your passive on armor will reduce your damage one way or another. I used this amulet when flagging because people like taking pot shots at you sometimes or out right attack you.

Alternatively, you can also check out Tarlok Heart of Brutality with 40 INT 20 STR 100 Health 3.0 DMG 23 Armor. But this maybe something you are already using if you are not using Lunar Pendant. But basically there is gear that you can use to boost your health & armor to give you greater survivalability.

If you really want to go all out tanking as a mage you can look at armor that is called 'of Will'. Like Architect Suit/Helm of Will. This usually has the highest armor with STR being the primary highest stat and INT as the secondary lower stat. I don't see them increasing the percentage of incoming damage for one class over another. Your best bet is to use shield and make the right equipment choices for a given situation.

thanks, great suggestion, but what i want is to make those passive armor become useful, to make people interested in spending skill points, learning it, to encourage build variation.