PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry for developers or people who like to test stuff--

Azepeiete
02-03-2014, 06:34 AM
Ok so we all know speed is capped at 25%.(30 with combo i think) What i want to know is if damage boost is as well. This would nullify lots of the dmg increasing pets we use and damage passives, because alot of times we already have 25% from a skill like shadow veil.

If anyone has any ideas for testing this, plz let me know. My idea was to get elite jarl, constant gear, same strategy, solo. Buy dmg elixir 25% dmg, dont spec damage passive, spec something stupid like movement passive instead. Time the amount of time it takes to get jarl to a certain amount of hp 10 times. Respec, get dmg passive, same 25% dmg elixir, see if the time increases or remains constant.

Rare
02-03-2014, 06:44 AM
The only problem i see is the small increase (5%) might not be noticeable. Maybe if you could get a damage elixir and combine it with a klass elixir and passives (+30%?).

gumball3000
02-03-2014, 07:31 AM
The problem with this game is that many of the mechanics are kept secret. This goes for "chance to" items or pets. I just want exactly what chance is.

When i put points in the damage or armor passive i don't see them apply to my stats and thats absolutely stupid.
There are some items, archon rings for example that give bonus damage or armor but when u check it in auction it does not show how much damage or armor it would get you.

I would like everything to be more clear, if a pet says it gives 10% damage then i would like to see that damage applied to my stats. Also procs should not say "chance to" because sts can change that chance to whatever they like and we would never know.

Ebezaanec
02-03-2014, 09:57 AM
The problem with this game is that many of the mechanics are kept secret. This goes for "chance to" items or pets. I just want exactly what chance is.

When i put points in the damage or armor passive i don't see them apply to my stats and thats absolutely stupid.
There are some items, archon rings for example that give bonus damage or armor but when u check it in auction it does not show how much damage or armor it would get you.

I would like everything to be more clear, if a pet says it gives 10% damage then i would like to see that damage applied to my stats. Also procs should not say "chance to" because sts can change that chance to whatever they like and we would never know.

Knowledge is power. How do you control masses of people? Make them ignorant, of course.

Milan Lame Man
02-03-2014, 10:48 AM

In fact, I'm pretty sure they tweak the various "chance to" from time to time. That's why they never give a number.
During winter event and also on Friday, I was getting 1-2 blue from copper chests pretty often. Other than that, for the last month, it's all green green green. You can say it's luck but I don't buy it.
I'm not sure if they also tweak weapon's proc but sure could if there was a way to figure out if the proc rate is too low or high.

Anyway for measuring damage output, why not just average the numbers that fly? It may be tedious but you get eggs so it's not a total waste of time.
Start with 2 tests, no damage bonus and max damage bonus, and compare that to theory. You should see it there's a cap pretty easily.
It would be perfect if you could post all the numbers, not just averages, so we can see if there is enough samples to filter out noise.
Maybe nox's DOT would work best since it's pretty consistent for me, assuming it's at least 50 or better over 100. Just avoid AS because the stacking bonuses would kill any math.