PDA

View Full Version : Please be Aware: [Potential Scam]

Zeus
02-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Hello,

I would just like to inform the AL veterans to be aware of a potential scam going on right now.

Well, enough to be said, he or somebody pretending to be him is back. I honestly do not know how to put this without calling him out, but, I will try the best that I can. So, I'm not going to say his various IGNs (& truth be told, I do not know all of them).

The method of scamming is that he/impostor will go to old friends and ask people for a loan of a relative small amount (1m or so or twink gear). After that, he/impostor will disappear on them.

Yes, it is your own fault for giving away the items but since he/impostor formerly earned the truth of said people, people tend to be trusting.

As I've stated before, do NOT give any of your items or loans away without collateral. If they can't do it, too bad. Being selfish is THE key to protecting yourself from scams like this! It does not matter if he/she is your friend. If they are, they will not put you into a situation that demands 100% trust.

DocDoBig
02-03-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm pretty sure He-She-Whatev is still on forums. Oo

Oh, 6k'th thread. Gz

Ihateppl
02-03-2014, 12:56 PM
yeah, 1 mil is such a small amount

Zeus
02-03-2014, 12:58 PM
yeah, 1 mil is such a small amount

For the players he is asking, yeah it is.

Zojak
02-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Parf I like my new daggrs tanks.

Jk :) I'll get em back to you tonite :D

Pandamoni
02-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Hey, Parth, can I borrow some gold? Please? I'll pay you back!

(oh noes am I one of his alts?!?!)

Zeus
02-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Hey, Parth, can I borrow some gold? Please? I'll pay you back!

(oh noes am I one of his alts?!?!)

Lol, Panda.

He goes to people that were his former friends and that he has gained the trust of and does this. It's just something I figured that players who were friends with him should know about. I don't know all of them as I didn't really play AL all that much when I was friends with him but he's already done this to players who used to be his friends.

Endkey
02-03-2014, 04:08 PM
i guess ik who u r talkin abt parf

Pandamoni
02-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Lol, Panda.

He goes to people that were his former friends and that he has gained the trust of and does this. It's just something I figured that players who were friends with him should know about. I don't know all of them as I didn't really play AL all that much when I was friends with him but he's already done this to players who used to be his friends.

Man. People are such a trip.

Daddyblu
02-04-2014, 01:11 AM
why are you aiming at me Apollo ? hmmm ill report you to STS! accusing me!

how dare you!!! Lmaol

Btw can you let me borrow 2m please Apollo since we are friends :)