PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Wolf driving me insane!!!

trixie
02-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Sorry if this is a dup post. I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for.

I have tried SO many times to beat alpha wolf without any luck. :sour: I even looked up some tricks and from what I found the group should stay next the bridge while one person pulls him. Then, fight him from there so the pack wont come. Also, it said not to attack when he is reflecting.

Now, I have tried this, and still cant' beat him. What I need to know is does anyone else know anything else I might be missing? Also, what is the best level to be to beat him? I have been fighting with my rogue.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

:adoration:

Pandamoni
02-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Hit her with everything you have until her health bar reaches the W in wolf. Once it hits there you need to stop using DOT skills such as Nox or trap. Her shield will pop up for the first time when the health bar reaches the second A in alpha. (I hope this makes sense). You can tell her shield is about to pop up because the floor around her feet looks like your feet do when you charge a skill, then the shield pops up and any attacks you do will kill you. You can typically get the timing down just right because the shield is on a timer. For me it looks like

1) Drop charged veil right when her shield is about to go down
2) Hit her with aimed shot
3) hit her with nox
4) hit her with aimed shot
5) spam aimed shot and regular attack until her feet go blue
6) drop charged veil

Rinse and repeat.

(when her shield is up I just spam health pots if her babies are attacking me)

Rare
02-03-2014, 05:35 PM
Hey trixie. You're paying AL now?

Morholt
02-03-2014, 05:38 PM
The old tactic of running to the bridge no longer works, as Alpha Wolf will reset when moved that far.

Do as Panda said. The shield reflects dmage, so razor shield is going to kill you quickly.

If you have a warrior with you, or a mage who is good at crowd control, they can stand up top to prevent the additional white wolves from coming down to attack you, while you're handling Alpha Wolf & unable to attack near the shield.

And of course, if you want some help in game, just ask. :)
Many on the forum already did all the quests and everything, so helping is a good way to still enjoy playing the game.

Serancha
02-03-2014, 05:39 PM
The wolf also howls right before shielding. - once you get to just before halfway keep your ears open. Best thing to do is take nox right off your HUD for the fight. That will prevent you from accidentally poisoning yourself.

Yakiniku
02-03-2014, 06:43 PM
If you play on a small mobile screen or have your sound off, you can also count 7 seconds from the time shield goes down to the time the next shield pops up. It's actually slightly longer, but I stop attacking at 7 to be safe.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

xcainnblecterx
02-03-2014, 07:20 PM
If you havent beat him yet ill hop on to help you take him out

Solid
02-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Feed it cat food.

KO

Striderevil
02-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Go with a mage. Ask him to stand near the entrance of where the wolves spawn and drop a clock with root and Ice. You Kill wolf boss

Frekken
02-03-2014, 08:51 PM
I remembered when I used to drop clocks on this one :-(

xcainnblecterx
02-03-2014, 11:07 PM
I remembered when I used to drop clocks on this one :-(

Oh yes....the many deaths. Even accidently dropping one

ThePvpTwink
02-03-2014, 11:49 PM
I usually stay in the corner away from the center to limit number of wolf minions. Hitting alpha wolf during reflection time will kill you quickly so just cancel all attacks and run around until shield drops. Easier to kill off any attacking minions when the y spawn and dodge his red areas of dashes

trixie
02-04-2014, 01:12 AM
Hey trixie. You're paying AL now?

I sure am! Started back again a few weeks ago

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

trixie
02-04-2014, 01:13 AM
The old tactic of running to the bridge no longer works, as Alpha Wolf will reset when moved that far.

Do as Panda said. The shield reflects dmage, so razor shield is going to kill you quickly.

If you have a warrior with you, or a mage who is good at crowd control, they can stand up top to prevent the additional white wolves from coming down to attack you, while you're handling Alpha Wolf & unable to attack near the shield.

And of course, if you want some help in game, just ask. :)
Many on the forum already did all the quests and everything, so helping is a good way to still enjoy playing the game.

I will gladly taken any help that I can get! Anyone that wants to help me beat AW ig puuuulllleeeeezzeeee let me know :)

Haifer
02-04-2014, 03:11 AM
I will gladly taken any help that I can get! Anyone that wants to help me beat AW ig puuuulllleeeeezzeeee let me know :)

Have u beaten AW yet?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

SkullRapper64
02-04-2014, 05:14 AM
What lvl r u in AL trixie?

Tuyulcanggih
02-04-2014, 06:15 AM
I beat this little wolf solo. Sorc is awesome. Love sorc :-)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Daniel Banuelos
02-04-2014, 07:49 AM
I just skipped alpha wolf i couldnt beat him. Im lvl 36. Tuyul how did you kill alpha wolf? With 2 hits i get easilly killed im a mage

Milan Lame Man
02-04-2014, 10:44 AM
I beat this little wolf solo. Sorc is awesome. Love sorc :-)
That's something I would love to see... Mythics and lotsa pots? What skills? I get pwned by the pack, cannot pot fast enough to survive. Maybe if my ice and clock didn't have DoT i could separate the pack from wolf... but that's not generally possible outside a free respec weekend.

Tuyulcanggih
02-04-2014, 11:00 AM
That's something I would love to see... Mythics and lotsa pots? What skills? I get pwned by the pack, cannot pot fast enough to survive. Maybe if my ice and clock didn't have DoT i could separate the pack from wolf... but that's not generally possible outside a free respec weekend.

I use 5 skill for my mage fire ice clock shield and heal, whn fgting boss i switch heal to shield. Yes im mythic except my weapon. I drop my clock after alphawolf shield gone. I use ethyl to slow down wolfs. Just fyi coldown AW shield same with clock

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

trixie
02-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Have u beaten AW yet?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Nope haven't been able to yet :(

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Madnex
02-04-2014, 02:32 PM
How do you expect help with such a name!! I just spent five minutes and can't send friend request - the IGN you listed doesn't exist, check it again. -.-

Shanamerny
02-04-2014, 02:42 PM
What is your level?

Kakashis
02-04-2014, 03:17 PM
Just attack for 2-3 seconds between his shielding and then stop and wait till he shields again and repeat. The problem is that people stop when they see him shield which is too late.

Fyrce
02-04-2014, 03:56 PM
When the Wolf is about 1/2 health, start watching for the swirling blue light and listening for the howl. The Wolf gathers light and howls when it's about to shield. I usually play with the sound off, so the light is enough. Also I think she gathers light before she howls, so it gives you a bit more warning if you can see that.

If you have trouble seeing the blue light, run around a bit until you can see the wolf better.

Between shields, it's enough for ONE DoT if you do it right as the wolf drops its shield. If you get confident about your timing, I think you can get in 2 DoTs, but you have to be careful. It may be better to be patient. Otherwise just hit the wolf with your weapon until you see it beginning to gather its light again. I usually do a count when the shield drops - I think it's 10sec but I might count fast. (Lol)

You might consider running around for a bit to practice timing the wolf's shield.

I also think the wolf is stationary when its shield is up, so if you make a mistake, run away. It's reflect has a range - I think it's 12m or 14m.

Make sure to run away from the bridge, so you do not reset the wolf. If you see any party members running toward the bridge, try to get the wolf to target you before it resets. I think the reset point is a little bit before bridge.

In the meantime, you DO want to run around a little, either to keep her pups away or so you can kill them away from her. Usually if you can drop an AoE or two betw her shields, that also takes care of the pups. Razor shield is not a problem - just make sure to move away from her when she starts to shield.

Milan Lame Man
02-04-2014, 04:34 PM
It's not so easy to survive the pack as some people suggest by not even mentioning it. I always try to use Ethyl but in the end what works best is 2 groups, 1 (sorcerer+ethyl) holding the pack as it appears, other group working the wolf.
It works until the wolf group comes to check how the sorcerer is doing, at which point he gets insta killed :hopelessness: