PDA

View Full Version : STS Time to have a serious look at mages

Striderevil
02-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Please consider improving the following to make the class on par with Rogues and Warriors.

- Add a skill like Razor shield or Juggernaut for mages that ignores movement impairing effects

- Make mage armor values the same as Rogues as they have different functionality (DoT vs One shot kill) but for some reason mages are made way too squishy or....

- Decrease cool down time for arcane shield to 20 seconds. Fix shield knockback to actually knockback like some goons in Nordr achieve. Just because we dont use it does not mean its not broken. Would give us some reprieve from the constant onlslaught of attacks because we are the easiest targets.

- Allow freeze and root (Crawly has root that works in pvp!!!) to work in pvp with 5 second immunity after. Decrease mages chance to stun to 5 seconds while the other classes will remain at their current 7 seconds before their next stun. This would allow the mage to actually excel in his specialization which is damage over time and use Clock in pvp. At the moment we cannot do enough skill damage to effect either classes and are mostly relegated to kill steals i.e some one softens the target up and we get lucky enough to land the killing blow. Ahem! Noxious bolt does more DoT damage than mages DoT skills just to put things in perspective as to how bad the char in pvp has become.

- If you wont consider the above then allow our cursed targets to take negative Hp instead of positive Hp when under the influence of curse when they try to heal themselves thus giving us enough of a chance to actually kill a target.

- Allow DoT damage to ignore armor effect as its continuous damage would help negate high healing ability of both classes and actually allow us to kill.

- Give lightening, Damage over time effect as its single hit causing damage is too less to make any difference in pvp and yet we have no choice to use it as its still the highest causing damage skill.

- Convert lifegiver to help regen health at a percentage rate rather than +10 for 10 seconds which is equal to 100 hp for a 3000+ hp toon. Allow also higher mana regen rate again as a percentage rather +5 as 5000 mana +5 regen means nothing. Allow our mana recovery to be as fast as wars hp recovery if we stand still and wait.

- Force developers and admins to use mages more than rogues or warriors so that they can actually experience the class. As of now all examples and videos I have seen are either of Samhayne using a war or Delphina using a war or mostly rogue.

- Allow mages to carry 5 skills.

- Fix the arcane staff as it is truely not really arcane like in actual usage.

Again force developers and admins to actually play the class end level and not some twink level. Feel free to pvp with your user base at random as it would help show that you are actually trying out experiencing the game and not punching in some algorithms and playing it on some beta server that no one except for a few have played in. On paper everything look nice including the mage char however reality is a little different. And playing with one or two players for a top guild does not count. Randomly log in an pvp with a mage char with just random players who you don't know.

Please feel free to discuss strategies with us if you feel the character is well developed and needs no change in sorcerer class discussions.

Thanks

PS.: I dont expect all the changes but have put up enough suggestions to make an actual improvement in the class

Instanthumor
02-03-2014, 10:56 PM
I agree with the decreased cooldown for the Arcane Shield. To be realistic, the shield NEVER lasts its full 15 seconds in a 1v1 or 5v5, and we still have to wait 15+ more seconds until we can use the shield again, which there is no point at all. Rogues can kill a mythic/arcane sorcerer in 1-2 seconds! Even if the cooldown was 20 seconds, it wouldn't even matter. I think the shield should last the full 15 seconds no matter what happens, AND decrease the cooldown time to at least 20 seconds. The shield is the mage's MOST important skill for PvP.

I don't think only mages should be able to carry 5 skills. Why not let everyone carry 5 skills?

Sam and Delph has mages too.

fourleaf
02-03-2014, 11:00 PM
I actually find them much easier to play as far as pve, hate warriors, haven't played rogue much though. Also I am only level 20ish so maybe it becomes more imbalanced later.

Imjebus
02-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Here's a suggestion to add to that list: Get rid of electrical discharge and replace it with an add-on that gives a boost in crit so we can crit with our lightening.

P.S I have a feeling this thread is going to be rampaged by rogues and warriors stating "Stop crying, you guys don't need buffs." Funny because none of them have ever pvped with a sorc I bet -_-

Instanthumor
02-03-2014, 11:18 PM
I actually find them much easier to play as far as pve, hate warriors, haven't played rogue much though. Also I am only level 20ish so maybe it becomes more imbalanced later.

Try PvPing. Whole new world.

Spyce
02-03-2014, 11:32 PM
Why should only sorcerers be able to have 5 slots?
I agree with the Heal and Arcane Shield.

Striderevil
02-04-2014, 12:37 AM
This is a sorcerer thread improvement suggestion. So 5 slots was a suggestion I made for sorcerer as also they have the most mana to be able to run 5 skills 2 times over at 5500+ mp. However I dont mind if other get 5 slots to use skills.

Problem with increasing crit for lightening is that it still does not do enough damage for the average mage. We are just not built to one shot kill that too with both rogue and wars high armor values. Even increasing crit. for one skill does not guarentee a crit landing (70+% failure to crit). At current max ive seen 27% crit. Our strategy usually involves damage over time thats why we are the most efficient mob killers. To thats effect our DoT damage should be allowed to ignore armor so that it does 50 - 100+ damage per tic over time and thus helps decrease war 5500+ health and help kill rogue with 3k+ more effectively inspite of health packs. We should be allowed to root, freeze, stun and run away to recover since we are already very squishy.

At lvl cap 41 I see our healt maxing out to maybe 4k. At some rogues crit level over 70% and 1.8k arm while wars armor over 2200+ and 7k Hp our damage will be useless against it unless DoT effects are significantly high enough to counter these. Mage will be even more weaker despite increasing damage which will not be proportional to Rogue or war defense levels

Sam and Delph has mages too

Thats why suggested using those avatars and actually testing it in normal pvp server against normal well equipped people. Mages on average are at best kill stealers

falmear
02-04-2014, 01:23 AM
Devs aren't going to bother to do anything. We just had a free respec so they won't make any skill changes until after the expansion, if any. Seems like they don't care enough to prioritize anything we brought up over what they are currently doing.

Striderevil
02-04-2014, 01:39 AM
All they have to do is flip a switch that prevents us from using root and freeze in pvp for the time being. Handicapping 1/3rd of their player base assuming thats how many mages are there is sad.

falmear
02-04-2014, 03:36 AM
All they have to do is flip a switch that prevents us from using root and freeze in pvp for the time being. Handicapping 1/3rd of their player base assuming thats how many mages are there is sad.

I doubt anything will happen and I suggest that you make a rogue or warrior during the next double xp weekend which should be soon. What you listed are the same complaints people had when I joined over a year ago.

Hoardseeker
02-04-2014, 07:29 AM
I agree with you

Or turn every mages into warriors (lol)

Striderevil
02-04-2014, 05:51 PM
I have a lvl 36 war just feel i should have concentrated on mythics for thats class instead of my mage. Started a rogue also to be familiar with all skills of the classes. Ill probably concentrate on war and rogue instead and leave the sorcerer class to farm for crates.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Imjebus
02-04-2014, 07:27 PM
I twink at lvl10. I have all three types of classes. Out of the three though my sorc has a samael. Out of the three guess who is the weakest? -.-

Spyce
02-04-2014, 07:48 PM
I twink at lvl10. I have all three types of classes. Out of the three though my sorc has a samael. Out of the three guess who is the weakest? -.-

None.
You're OP no matter what.
#NerfJeby2014

Imjebus
02-04-2014, 08:01 PM
None.
You're OP no matter what.
#NerfJeby2014

Lmao :( it's true! Plz don't nerf me I'm already squishy

Sariita
02-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Lmao :( it's true! Plz don't nerf me I'm already squishy