PDA

View Full Version : dws

Doomreaper
02-03-2014, 08:28 PM
when and where were they acquired? just wondering

Crowsfoot
02-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Season 2 (the dead city expansion) they were lootable from locked crates of the watch (the watch was a major character in AL's original campaign storyline). These locks dropped 2 blue items and 1 pink item each (no gold, plat, mythics, arcanes, or eggs yet).

Every item dropped from the crates were trash EXCEPT the DWS which still wasn't a game changer since it had identical stats to the mighty vorpal sword of assault/potency. The DWS was also considered ugly, leading to a lower value than a vorpal sword if equal stats. Crates became unpopular, valuing 200 gold at one point. This led to the game "crate tag" in which you gifted locks to random people, no tag backs.

Certain players, however, realised that a scaled down vorpal sword would make low level warriors OP in PvP (once it was scaled correctly. It used to be that rogues one-hit or at least two-hit every warrior). The low demand, ugly look, and value led to a very low number of DWS at levels besides 21 (the level cap at the time).

alexdroog
02-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Funny thing - bought mine lvl 21 for 250k before upgrade release, now prices around 500k atm...

BTW. I trade mine with 1 perfect gem + 100k for one with 2 perfect blood