PDA

View Full Version : Income System!

Instanthumor
02-03-2014, 10:46 PM
We should have some sort of income system in-game (just something to help me save my money). For instance, we would get a set percent, let's say 5% gold from the gold banked in our stash, for every month. Now this may cause slight inflation, if anything but there's nothing wrong with a little bit of inflation. AL needs some economical growth, to reflect at least some economic activity. Right now, the poor are just way too poor, and the rich (or at least some of them), are just way too rich!

Don't mind the inflation part, but what do you think about the idea of an income system? It doesn't necessarily have to be in that form, but it'd be cool!

Sheener
02-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Okay. But you dont need the game to do that for u. Just takes discipline ;)

Spyce
02-03-2014, 10:52 PM
The rich can become poor and the poor can become rich.

Visiting
02-03-2014, 10:52 PM
This is a many economy in game so why not make that economy more realistic? I like but there's a lot more technical things that would have to be decided, as also the ultra rich would always be ultra-rich....

Visiting
02-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Who autocorrect jacked that up...

Instanthumor
02-03-2014, 10:59 PM

I don't know how to make the rich poor, but +1 to that idea! Lol

Pie
02-03-2014, 11:01 PM
How about if you have over 50mil your income is -50% :D:D:D:D:D that's if you really want to make the rich poor

Instanthumor
02-03-2014, 11:17 PM
How about if you have over 50mil your income is -50% :D:D:D:D:D that's if you really want to make the rich poor

Good luck with that.

Doomreaper
02-03-2014, 11:25 PM

More like The poor can become rich and the rich can become richer.

Instanthumor
02-03-2014, 11:29 PM
More like The poor can become rich and the rich can become richer.

And I think that's perfectly fine. So what if the rich become richer? They're already rich! They'll be happy, the poor(ish) will be happy, everyone will be happy :)

Solid
02-03-2014, 11:38 PM

Inflation.

Instanthumor
02-03-2014, 11:41 PM

Inflation.

I wrote why the slight inflation on AL's current economy is ok in the beginning of this thread. Go check.

Solid
02-03-2014, 11:45 PM
I wrote why a slight inflation is ok on the thread. Go check.

Slight inflation? Lmfao.

I put 100m in stash, i get a free 5m monthly? No, this will never happen. Ever.

Slight inflation? Omg.

"Slight"

Lol

Omg

"Slight"

Lol
Omg omg

K im done talkig to u.

Instanthumor
02-03-2014, 11:48 PM
Slight inflation? Lmfao.

Slight inflation? Omg.

"Slight"

Lol

Omg

"Slight"

Lol
Omg omg

K im done talkig to u.

5% was just an example. I'm glad you're done talking. It results to less troll/flame posts by you.

Spyce
02-03-2014, 11:53 PM
Slight inflation? Lmfao.

Slight inflation? Omg.

"Slight"

Lol

Omg

"Slight"

Lol
Omg omg

K im done talkig to u.

Pls talkig with me.

Solid
02-03-2014, 11:58 PM
5% was just an example. I'm glad you're done talking. It results to less troll/flame posts by you.

Troll? Ithink not

You are taking this from a personal gain view (which is selfish) and i am taking this from an economical view.

Over a matter of (x) months, the total gold in AL could have easily doubled. In the long run, fail.

I see this system as AL's system of Obamacare, giving free stuff to people who don't work.

Daddyblu
02-04-2014, 12:01 AM
we should have some sort of income system in-game (just something to help me save my money). For instance, we would get a set percent, let's say 5% gold from the gold banked in our stash, for every month. Now this may cause slight inflation, if anything but there's nothing wrong with a little bit of inflation. Al needs some economical growth, to reflect at least some economic activity. Right now, the poor are just way too poor, and the rich (or at least some of them), are just way too rich!

Don't mind the inflation part, but what do you think about the idea of an income system? It doesn't necessarily have to be in that form, but it'd be cool!

noooooo!

Solid
02-04-2014, 12:02 AM
noooooo!

Every poor person will support,

Every person who understands inflation will reject.

Instanthumor
02-04-2014, 12:07 AM
Every poor person will support,

Every person who understands inflation will reject.

I though you weren't going to post anymore? But thanks for the comments.

Solid
02-04-2014, 12:13 AM
I though you weren't going to post anymore? But thanks for the comments.

You made such an outrageous statement , i had to preach.

#PreacH

Visiting
02-04-2014, 12:39 AM
Maybe a way to actually invest in something like an actual stock market? Ctf/Postulate is right free money doesn't work ever.

Daddyblu
02-04-2014, 01:13 AM
Maybe a way to actually invest in something like an actual stock market? Ctf/Postulate is right free money doesn't work ever.

Agreed!

Energizeric
02-04-2014, 01:33 AM
I see this system as AL's system of Obamacare, giving free stuff to people who don't work.

Don't you think it's a bit ridiculous to compare giving virtual money in a video game to giving sickly poor people health care??

In any case, I agree with you that this is certainly not needed. It's a game! "Poor" in this game means maybe you can't have as good of a bow or sword. It does not mean you are starving to death or sleeping in a cardboard box. I'm all in favor of helping out the needy in real life, but I'll say it again.... this is a game!!

Do you think they should have taken some points away from the Seahawks and given them to the Broncos in yesterday's game since the Seahawks had way more points than the Broncos? Because the suggestion that we take away wealth from the rich players and give it to the poor players in this game is equally absurd.

Energizeric
02-04-2014, 01:36 AM

There is such a way. It's called the auction. You buy items, they go up (or down) in value, and then you sell them. Some of us have gotten very rich doing exactly that.

Visiting
02-04-2014, 01:48 AM
I agree with your agree :D

Instanthumor
02-04-2014, 01:50 AM
Don't you think it's a bit ridiculous to compare giving virtual money in a video game to giving sickly poor people health care??

In any case, I agree with you that this is certainly not needed. It's a game! "Poor" in this game means maybe you can't have as good of a bow or sword. It does not mean you are starving to death or sleeping in a cardboard box. I'm all in favor of helping out the needy in real life, but I'll say it again.... this is a game!!

Do you think they should have taken some points away from the Seahawks and given them to the Broncos in yesterday's game since the Seahawks had way more points than the Broncos? Because the suggestion that we take away wealth from the rich players and give it to the poor players in this game is equally absurd.

I'd like to clarify that no one ever said this wasn't a game. It's merely an idea.

I think taking points away from the Seahawks and giving them to the Broncos is just as absurd as the comparison of giving virtual money in a video game than to giving sickly poor people health care. I believe there is nothing wrong with any type of suggestion, even if they are horrid. The same goes for the suggestion to take wealth from the rich and give to the poor. It's a horrible suggestion that will never follow through, but it is a suggestion nonetheless.

Striderevil
02-04-2014, 02:14 AM
Make an in game tax of 40% applicable to anyone having over 50 million (50 mill is tax free anything accumulated above that is taxable. So if your poor you hardly lose anything and if your rich you lose a decent amount. So rich will be forced to spend the wealth on items instead of hoarding it and the poor well they will still struggle anyways. The taxed income can be put forward into a grand ingame lottery where 1 winner is randomly chosen per week. Winner buys what he can and if he has over 50 million he gets auto tax on any amount above it lol.

Instanthumor
02-04-2014, 02:19 AM
Make an in game tax of 40% applicable to anyone having over 50 million (50 mill is tax free anything accumulated above that is taxable. So if your poor you hardly lose anything and if your rich you lose a decent amount. So rich will be forced to spend the wealth on items instead of hoarding it and the poor well they will still struggle anyways. The taxed income can be put forward into a grand ingame lottery where 1 winner is randomly chosen per week. Winner buys what he can and if he has over 50 million he gets auto tax on any amount above it lol.

Sounds interesting, but I have to admit. 40% to anyone with over 50 million gold is devastating. Let's say 100 people in AL have 50 million gold. They all have to pay 40% each. If my calculations are accurate, that's approximately 2 billion gold of taxes. First world problems.

Morholt
02-04-2014, 03:23 AM
The intention behind the idea is good, getting some extra gold to poor players.

However, that's where it ends. Saving account interest rates benefit those with more money in an account. Are you familiar with Bill Gates? His bank account earns $1,000,000 DAILY (at least, before he began giving so much money away). How much does your bank account give you? A dollar a day is probably greater than the average person's.
Now, consider what happens each time you are awarded your interest. Bill Gates has an extra million bucks next month to collect interest on, while you only have an extra dollar to collect interest on.

If you graphed the two, the growth rate of a rich person would be EXPONENTIALLY greater than of a poor person.
Over a year, Bill Gates gained over $365 million and you gained just over $365. The gap between him and you is no longer 50 billion...it's now nearly $50.4 billion.

Oh, and your $15,000 in the bank has become severly inflated and worth way less than it was, because Bill Gate's interest just pumped well over 24,000 times the amount of money you have into the economy.

Banks benefit those who have money; the opposite to those without it.

Morholt
02-04-2014, 03:33 AM
Make an in game tax of 40% applicable to anyone having over 50 million (50 mill is tax free anything accumulated above that is taxable. So if your poor you hardly lose anything and if your rich you lose a decent amount. So rich will be forced to spend the wealth on items instead of hoarding it and the poor well they will still struggle anyways. The taxed income can be put forward into a grand ingame lottery where 1 winner is randomly chosen per week. Winner buys what he can and if he has over 50 million he gets auto tax on any amount above it lol."Hello, Switzerland, I'd like to open a bank account; I have too much of my money being taxed."

Anyone with more than 50 million gold would just place some of it onto another one of their accounts.

luka
02-04-2014, 04:47 AM
Dont agree.
If u suggested taxes Id agree more for that than for stash interests

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Hoardseeker
02-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Already suggested By me

keikali
02-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Just like IRL, its all about money management.

Not everything is necessary to play the game, it just makes the overall gaming experience better.

notfaded1
02-04-2014, 09:34 AM

I think you should be glad people are allowed to play for free... the real world doesn't even work that way. This is a business for STS... they don't do this out of the goodness of their hearts.

Madnex
02-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Well if you play for 12 months and you're still poor, something's up. This isn't going to change anything in the economy, just create another window for the rich to become richer.

A correct version of this system could work but it's far too complicated for a simple game like this.

Zeus
02-04-2014, 10:18 AM
The amount of facepalm in this thread is too much...lol!

There's already a system in place for this - discontinued items. However, they are investments.

Also, the poor do have a way of making the rich poor - singe egg. If the poor person loots it, he can make the rich person shell out quite a bit.

Milan Lame Man
02-04-2014, 10:31 AM
How about some income other than running Jarl?
Some long dungeon that has to be run through, with lots of mobs that you cannot skip, say like Hauntlet but no so hard.
And say 100 or 1k gold as a reward at the end, rather than items that must be sold, or tokens which has to be gathered for many days to buy anything meaningful.

Samdegreat
02-04-2014, 10:34 AM
As much as this idea sounds good everyone will be rich, and there will be no point to this game...
Yes it may bring a lot of fun, but will never happen...

E.g 20mill In stash will giv you a mill free every month.
And to some this is a small amount of gold some people have 300+ mill so they would be getting 15+ mill a month...

Also this will make items even harder to find buyers as everyone will just store there gold

How to abuse this- friends like Midas giv gold to one person they stash it every month they get 1.25mill each (more/less)

notfaded1
02-04-2014, 10:43 AM
Well if you play for 12 months and you're still poor, something's up. This isn't going to change anything in the economy, just create another window for the rich to become richer.

A correct version of this system could work but it's far too complicated for a simple game like this.

LOL... this made me think the same thing about real life. The current administration in the US has been trying this for the past few years and it's not working there IRL either :^} There isn't a system like this that works... here or IRL. Ur right... the rich get richer and anyone should be able to figure out in a few months how to do pretty well in game... even without plat. And like I said b4... we're lucky STS let's people play for free.

And Sam's right... if everyone was rich there wouldn't be anything to want or strive for.

Aserockon
02-04-2014, 11:03 AM
I don't pay got gold so as always I'm poor never got rig even once
Sts needs to fix this or ppl who don't pay might leave the game

Energizeric
02-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Like it or not, this game has a capitalist economy. And as always happens with such a system, the wealth tends to become concentrated in the hands of a few with the bulk of the people being middle class and poor. Unlike capitalism in real life, there is no corruption in the land of Arlor. If Arlor was an example of real life, rich players would be able to use their wealth to influence drop rates of rare items, and other changes that are made by the developers. But obviously that is not the case here. So the system is perfectly fair. If you are poor, it is because you either mismanaged your money, did not play enough time to accumulate wealth, or you are not farming in the right areas. There is nobody to blame but yourself.

Sceazikua
02-04-2014, 12:23 PM
I don't pay got gold so as always I'm poor never got rig even once
Sts needs to fix this or ppl who don't pay might leave the game

I never paid and who can tell I dont have fun? Raise your voice so everyone can hear you.

Aserockon
02-04-2014, 03:48 PM
I never paid and who can tell I dont have fun? Raise your voice so everyone can hear you.

That's what im talking abt

Rare
02-04-2014, 04:26 PM
Slight inflation? Lmfao.

Slight inflation? Omg.

"Slight"

Lol

Omg

"Slight"

Lol
Omg omg

K im done talkig to u.

Dramatic much? :D :p

Anarchist
02-04-2014, 05:40 PM
Gain some gold by doing nothing?

Why not.

Striderevil
02-04-2014, 11:36 PM
Sounds interesting, but I have to admit. 40% to anyone with over 50 million gold is devastating. Let's say 100 people in AL have 50 million gold. They all have to pay 40% each. If my calculations are accurate, that's approximately 2 billion gold of taxes. First world problems.

Tax the amount above 50 mill. So if the player sold a singe for 80 mill and keeps it for a week he gets taxed on 30 mill and loses 12 mill. Auction is every week so someone always lucky. Once the person wins can be taken out of the pool for a year so that there are no repeat winners lol.

It was just a humorous idea combining capitalism and powerball lol

Madnex
02-05-2014, 09:34 AM
What would stop them from just splitting their 60 mils to 30 and 30 in two accounts lol? The workarounds that would need to be looked into are simply not worth the time.

Again, this is a game and unless renamed to Financial Legends none of these elaborate economics have any chance of being implemented.

Azepeiete
02-08-2014, 12:06 AM
So people can spend all day in pvp to continue to b rich after some months? Nty

shadowronn
03-26-2019, 10:15 AM
Haha “Inflation” who would’ve thought.

PatD
03-26-2019, 10:49 AM
Everyone i know in this game who have a minimum of will have manage to make some decent gold and get very good gear and nice van, if you put the effort you make gold! simple as that!!

If you don't play the game and spend your time in town talking or begging, of course you don't have gold and you are poor!!

Please stop trying to find way to make gold for free, this system have never work anywhere, irl or in game!!

marzeg
03-26-2019, 03:02 PM
if the prices for items are already expensive, and the amount of money flowing throughout the game increases, prices are going to end up increasing as well. I don't see how giving everyone more money or allow everyone to easily obtain more money will change what people can and can't afford?

PostNoob
03-26-2019, 05:08 PM
You do realize this thread is 5 years old... Why even reply...

Dangit i replied too now..