PDA

View Full Version : Love banner will be tradeable?

epicrrr
02-04-2014, 04:46 AM
yes or no? i waited for a year,

now i dont buy plat i just want to know. :)

Doomreaper
02-04-2014, 09:54 AM
I'm hoping that sometime in the future sts will make all banners tradable just like vanities, but it probably won't be for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roberto077
02-04-2014, 10:04 AM
There will be new vanities/items this year. No word on the return of "Big Love".

Kakashis
02-04-2014, 11:27 AM
I hope they won't!

Visiting
02-04-2014, 11:49 AM
The thing about the "Big/Little Love" banners are that they are exclusive so if they became buyable again they would no longer be near as much fun to wear IMO.

xlovableaze
02-04-2014, 01:00 PM
I'm hoping that sometime in the future sts will make all banners tradable just like vanities, but it probably won't be for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this wont happen. because you cant buy leaderboard banners.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Zylx
02-04-2014, 03:49 PM
The thing about the "Big/Little Love" banners are that they are exclusive so if they became buyable again they would no longer be near as much fun to wear IMO.

Hate to say it, but Ralchior's got a point. Even though it bums me out that i didnt get a banner last year, those banners probably wont be here this year. Reason? All the players who proudly wear their valentines banner from last year knowing that not many people have it now. The number of players back then and the number of players now are very different. You can say there are more people now than there were people back then. If they made that same banner, then everyone would have the same thing as those 1-year-old players, which wont be right. But i do think STS should make some sort of event for valentines day.

Morholt
02-04-2014, 03:53 PM
They could just do a very similar banner set; just make the way the hearts flow different.

Sorcerie
02-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Hate to say it, but Ralchior's got a point. Even though it bums me out that i didnt get a banner last year, those banners probably wont be here this year. Reason? All the players who proudly wear their valentines banner from last year knowing that not many people have it now. The number of players back then and the number of players now are very different. You can say there are more people now than there were people back then. If they made that same banner, then everyone would have the same thing as those 1-year-old players, which wont be right. But i do think STS should make some sort of event for valentines day.So we're back to the old seniority takes priority thing, eh?

The banner can't be sold or bought, it shouldn't matter how many people have it - if you got it last year, hoorah!

You've had an entire year to have people spamming you to buy it and to wear it, now make room for the rest of us.

Zylx
02-04-2014, 04:04 PM
So we're back to the old seniority takes priority thing, eh?

That's one of the reasons why the winters fury sets of 2 years ago were modified into the winters rage of last year. The other reason being the economy of the winters fury items and how people wouldve been butthurt for buying it at a certain price prior to its re-release.

Sorcerie
02-04-2014, 04:08 PM
That's one of the reasons why the winters fury sets of 2 years ago were modified into the winters rage of last year. The other reason being the economy of the winters fury items and how people wouldve been butthurt for buying it at a certain price prior to its re-release.Well that's different for items that can be sold in the auction house. The Big/Little banners can't be sold, so it shouldn't matter.

Solid
02-04-2014, 04:14 PM
this wont happen. because you cant buy leaderboard banners.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

You can buy military medals , what is wrong with buying LB banners.

Pandamoni
02-04-2014, 04:15 PM
If it's anything like PL they'll bring back a slightly different version of big love. I seriously doubt it will only cost 5 plat, like it did last year, though!

Rare
02-04-2014, 04:41 PM
So we're back to the old seniority takes priority thing, eh?

The banner can't be sold or bought, it shouldn't matter how many people have it - if you got it last year, hoorah!

You've had an entire year to have people spamming you to buy it and to wear it, now make room for the rest of us.

Why is it bad to have something new instead?

Sorcerie
02-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Why is it bad to have something new instead?There's nothing wrong with it, but since the only thing being 'lost' here is popularity I don't think it's a big deal.

Rare
02-04-2014, 04:53 PM
There's nothing wrong with it, but since the only thing being 'lost' here is popularity I don't think it's a big deal.

Well, not having it would certainly make you feel like it's not a big deal. To others, it may be.

Sorcerie
02-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Well, not having it would certainly make you feel like it's not a big deal. To others, it may be.So it all boils down to the classic, "two girls at the party with the same outfit?"

Like omg! What a disaster! lawlz

Uzii
02-04-2014, 04:59 PM
They could just do a very similar banner set; just make the way the hearts flow different.

Or the very popular color change :D

Sariita
02-04-2014, 05:02 PM
I prefer having the frost fiend back... I don't want them back this year

Pandamoni
02-04-2014, 05:10 PM
So it all boils down to the classic, "two girls at the party with the same outfit?"

Like omg! What a disaster! lawlz

Any MMORPG will have exclusive items that are coveted.

I think that the science of it would be way too protracted to really delve into on a casual gaming forum but being obtuse about WHY people don't want it to be brought back is tiresome.

Why did people pay millions for a glitched helm? Because they want to look different.

I have big love and little love. Do I care if they bring it back? Nah, not really. But I'm not going to scorn others who want it to look different if it is brought back. Why do that? I'm sure there are plenty of things I find important that you will find silly and vice versa.

Morholt
02-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Or the very popular color change :DThat's what I was thinking at first, but then remembered it is for Valentine's Day so red and pink really should be the colors. Having a different pattern would
allow new players the nice hearts, while letting the originals to stay 'special.'

Purple could work, though, too. Idk how white hearts would look. Perhaps a mixed multi colored heart pattern with purple, red, and pink? Perhaps release the red & pinks with new patterns (obtained in the classic manner), a purple pattern for a higher price, and then the red/pink/purple combo by having the first three & accepting a multi part quest to wave at specific bosses?

Just a few fun ideas. Which means sts has plenty of viable options with bringing back hearts for Singles Awareness Day. :D

VenomsChaos
02-04-2014, 06:02 PM
i hope new valentine items / vanity can be tradedable a limited time... gift it to sameone can be wery good for alot ppls who can buy it and gift it to theys lovers...

Visiting
02-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Maybe the people with Big/Little love could wave at people and they get an even smaller banner "Mini Love" XD

Sky_is_epicgearz
02-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Why not just make it like the Christmas quest or the Halloween quest where after a certain amount of days of doing the quests consecutively you will receive the achievement, a title (maybe 'Miracle Lover' lol) and a small gold reward just like the Halloween/Christmas quest. This way those who actually want one will get and those that can't be bothered to do the quest each day will have to wait next year and of coarse they will not be tradable.
Now I don't see anything wrong with a new love banner, nothing is wrong with change :) as long as I know I'm getting something special I'm fine with that. If it's an ordinary styled banner with a heart on it, so what? I would be happy either way.
However just because you have stayed in AL longer than 'Bob' who might have started yesterday doesn't mean you SHOULD have have something different, that really isn't for anyone else to decide but the Dev team. I for one would love to owe a pair of them love banners myself but i was out by about 3 months. I can understand that the love banners should be special and that it could lose the sense of pride it gives the owner for having something discontinued or something hard to obtain like the arcane banner or a leaderboard banner.
It's a little like the holiday exclusive pet 'snowball' (the weird looking snowman :P) it's either you got him during the event or tough luck, wait next year.

Btw will the old love banners be returning?