PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Please remove delay/cooldown when using potions

extrapayah
02-04-2014, 06:46 AM
i believe it become slower compared to the first time i play this game,

and i saw someone complaining about how rogue become very powerful because of no delay between spamming

as for me the mage, who sometimes have to spam potions like hell, the delay doesn't help at all

so please, if the delay is really there, please somehow remove it...

thank you

Madnex
02-04-2014, 07:24 AM
Are you deliberately trying to make sorcs completely unneeded in PvE or it's unintentional? If the delay goes missing, rogues will be able to tank elite mobs by themselves and time shift will become optional for mob control.

What you need here is an improvement in your sorc's survivability which can be achieved by adding a big chunk of your points on STR and then learning to use arcane shield.

Sadly, looking back at dev videos about AL, it looks like sorcerers were made to be the support class. But then they went and gave every class a healing skill, which pretty much messed up the whole class categorization by roles.

Controversial? Yep. Sad? Undeniably. But it's still true.

extrapayah
02-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Are you deliberately trying to make sorcs completely unneeded in PvE or it's unintentional? If the delay goes missing, rogues will be able to tank elite mobs by themselves and time shift will become optional for mob control.

What you need here is an improvement in your sorc's survivability which can be achieved by adding a big chunk of your points on STR and then learning to use arcane shield.

Sadly, looking back at dev videos about AL, it looks like sorcerers were made to be the support class. But then they went and gave every class a healing skill, which pretty much messed up the whole class categorization by roles.

Controversial? Yep. Sad? Undeniably. But it's still true.

i don't get it why mage become useless with this, can warrior really do perfect mob control with all the cooldown and how windmill and chest splitter only taunt 3 enemies each? while time shift takes effect for 10s, exactly the same seconds for its cooldown.

isn't adding more points to str will only make mage's aoe become useless? i noticed that 25 points given by the passive int give tremendous boost, i played before with divided stats (spent some to str), and i sucked, people even don't want to start elite party with me, as i only wear legendary equipments. also, arcane shield take effect for only 15s, with another 15s of waiting, do you think a clash with elite mobs will end in 15s? i'm not geared with mythic, and aren't elite maps supposed to be the placed for farming mythic (according to the loot table in some guide)?

according to the video, yes, it is a support class, for me mage is a mana support class, and aoe buster. while warrior only has hammer for pure aoe (no limited target), and rogue only has trap and knife shield

and yes, all class will have increased survivability, so, what's wrong with it? and spamming pots while keep attacking is not an easy feat, right? also, please consider the delay, thanks

Madnex
02-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Find me that mythic drop table and I'll fly over to Texas and take away the potion delay myself!

extrapayah
02-07-2014, 08:41 AM
Find me that mythic drop table and I'll fly over to Texas and take away the potion delay myself!

this (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?111152-Guide-Legendary-Elite-Gear-Distribution), and have a safe trip to texas...

Eh I don't rely on sorcs ever to recover my hp or mana in elite runs, in fact I expect them to NOT have heal and instead come fully loaded with AoE spells for crowd control while as a rogue I deal the big hits to the boss. If the sorc uses heal I dont really mind but sometimes that can be a burden if you waste time healing the team when you can keep damaging the mobs and holding them in place. That can actually make the run harder. If you wanna run elite, come fully loaded with pots. So yes I do support smoother pot consumption.

thank you...

extrapayah
02-07-2014, 09:31 AM
well, did i say it is dropped from elite bosses directly? my bad :P

Rare
02-07-2014, 11:01 AM

He got you. Hope they let you in :p

Aneneanet
02-07-2014, 05:34 PM
As a mage with only legendaries (meaning no mythics at all), I don't see an issue with this one bit. I've never had any issues running an elite and not being able to spam pots fast enough.
I use my crowd control to hold the mobs and help the warriors/rogues deal damage. A mage has ranged, we don't have to be right on top of them to deal our damage. So I come in a little behind warrior to give him a sec to round up mobs. Drop a clock on mob, run back a bit - and behind the mob/boss since warrior has aggro they are facing away. Drop a quick heal cause I do take damage running in ( I do not spec into increased ranged so the rogue and warrior may get a heal may not - they can buy pots. And I do play a rogue as well so I get the whole potions-eating part of that...but that's another topic). After I drop my heal I damage with fire/ice for more control and then when clock wears off; rinse and repeat.
Not to say I never use potions or die - cause I do...but I don't have to spam them and really had never noticed the lag of it.
I'm full int., but I have gear with str and I put passives in str as well. Just for a boost. Unbuffed I sit at about 2900 health. Kinda low compared to those with mythics, but high enough I can survive. It takes practice and patience to learn to get it all right. I've been playing a year and still work on my roations/moves to get it right.

I guess I should add that when I run I use a pet like Orion for the extra str as well. (There again no mythic/arcane pets). My dps sits about 490 or so buffed. But I'd rather sit a little lower in dps and higher in health....cause if I'm dead it doesn't matter what my dps is..... it only useful when I'm alive.
And before you say no way can I do this, I have all the elite bosses, and when I run we only have one person in our group with mythic gear. The rest of us are just regular legendary-only players.

extrapayah
02-08-2014, 04:46 AM
As a mage with only legendaries (meaning no mythics at all), I don't see an issue with this one bit. I've never had any issues running an elite and not being able to spam pots fast enough.
I use my crowd control to hold the mobs and help the warriors/rogues deal damage. A mage has ranged, we don't have to be right on top of them to deal our damage. So I come in a little behind warrior to give him a sec to round up mobs. Drop a clock on mob, run back a bit - and behind the mob/boss since warrior has aggro they are facing away. Drop a quick heal cause I do take damage running in ( I do not spec into increased ranged so the rogue and warrior may get a heal may not - they can buy pots. And I do play a rogue as well so I get the whole potions-eating part of that...but that's another topic). After I drop my heal I damage with fire/ice for more control and then when clock wears off; rinse and repeat.
Not to say I never use potions or die - cause I do...but I don't have to spam them and really had never noticed the lag of it.
I'm full int., but I have gear with str and I put passives in str as well. Just for a boost. Unbuffed I sit at about 2900 health. Kinda low compared to those with mythics, but high enough I can survive. It takes practice and patience to learn to get it all right. I've been playing a year and still work on my roations/moves to get it right.

I guess I should add that when I run I use a pet like Orion for the extra str as well. (There again no mythic/arcane pets). My dps sits about 490 or so buffed. But I'd rather sit a little lower in dps and higher in health....cause if I'm dead it doesn't matter what my dps is..... it only useful when I'm alive.
And before you say no way can I do this, I have all the elite bosses, and when I run we only have one person in our group with mythic gear. The rest of us are just regular legendary-only players.

well we have a pretty much same stats... according to your dps, probably you wear legendary elite gears, at least architect pylon? ever tried doing it with a very normal equipment you can farmed from normal maps' bosses? anyway, aside from that, you must be an excellent mage... well embarrassingly enough, my past episodes when i feel i can't burn fast enough potions is when my party start to pull enemies a lot together, and some of us died...

anyway again, it's not like removing cooldown for potion will make the game significantly easier, right? people are made to spent more, and not everyone quick enough to crazy tap those potions (while attacking of course, if not, it will be endless)

so why not? as far as i know, the only pure method of producing money is doing dailies, and liquidating (and opening crates)... while potions consumption is the perfect way to burn money out from AL world, so in the end, people will rather not to spend a lot of potions everytime, sooo, removing cooldown for potions won't get really abused for anything unnecessaryly

Madnex
02-08-2014, 08:40 PM
He got you. Hope they let you in :p
As promised, I went to Texas and arranged the details for it.

Expect it in the next 246updates!