PDA

View Full Version : guild named after drug use should not be allowed sts please change this guild name

djironlung
02-04-2014, 07:17 PM
here as you can see is a guild promoting the use of crack6096060961
I know that this game is played by many impressionable children and to have a guild named < crack headz> is unacceptable as it promotes the use of crack and anything promoting drug use should be prohibited in a children's game. press have this name changed to prevent the glorification of an evil drug that ruins lives everyday. and to use the name of a top rank player to promote drug use is even worse. this seems a message that top players use drugs and that is not true. so to be perfectly clear this is not me and I in no way sort drug use. PLEASE STS MAKE THIS GUILD CHANGE ITS NAME

xXz21
02-04-2014, 07:27 PM
i don't see any problem u can't buy drugs in a game any children listen about drugs all days and this don't say theys are going to get drugs or smoke marihuana..

only 1 question what is better drugs or gangs? LOL the 2 are bads ;)

djironlung
02-04-2014, 07:33 PM
neither are any better than the other three point is drug use shouldn't be promoted in a game that children play. this game doesn't have an adult rating so adult material should not be allowed to be presented to children.

xXz21
02-04-2014, 07:42 PM
neither are any better than the other three point is drug use shouldn't be promoted in a game that children play. this game doesn't have an adult rating so adult material should not be allowed to be presented to children.

promoted?? theys are not saying hey u go smoke drugs are good.. is only a name..

ur Guild say the old gang. so u promote the gangs ur guild should be removed or change name bcus promote gans to children and here in my country gangs kill millions of children and people all the days.. maybe u don't know how is a real gang.

just saying i think is only a name is not promoting nothing. but u should report this issue to spacetime support.

Zylx
In the future, contact support at support@spacetimestudios.com and inform them about your problem, rather than singling out a specific person or guild on the forums, bringing undesired attention to them.

Sheener
okay maybe it is inappropriate but it is not saying hey kids go do crack and all drugs lol...

Sky_is_epicgearz
02-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Hehe going to make a guild called <paracetamol headz> I heard it was I drug too :) Correct me if I'm wrong.
Personally I don't see anything wrong just a guild trying to give a 'gangster' impression xD these things happen in any game :) not gonna mention names but there are toons out there with names that you may consider worse than <crack headz>

thccontentmatters
02-04-2014, 07:46 PM
For one, the guild name could simply mean crack heads, as in, cracking heads(skulls).

I believe you may just be upset that he copied your name as well, an seeking retaliation.

Crack is a drug yes.
Marijuana no.

Gangs are bad. So what if i said your guile name was promoting gangs, that is.bad for a youngsters eyes.

I just destroyed your whole argument so, in that case, your argument is invalid.

Have a amazing day being part of a gang.

Anehazaz
02-04-2014, 07:49 PM
The thing is we all know ironlung and he's worked hard to get on the leaderboard. I guess it's a form of flattery that a character quite blatantly copies his name. However, iron is right to want to protect his image and not have the associations made with this characters choice of guild name.

Jhawkeye
02-04-2014, 07:51 PM
I like crack...ing pistachios open

djironlung
02-04-2014, 07:52 PM
The thing is we all know ironlung and he's worked hard to get on the leaderboard. I guess it's a form of flattery that a character quite blatantly copies his name. However, iron is right to want to protect his image and not have the associations made with this characters choice of guild name. yes that but more importantly not to have my image used in a way that could make a bad impression on children by promoting drug use. as I am a father nothing sticks out more in my mind than the thought of my image being used to harm children and glorifying drug use can have a very harmful affect on the impressionable minds of children. I can't live with that thought

djironlung
02-04-2014, 07:56 PM
For one, the guild name could simply mean crack heads, as in, cracking heads(skulls).

I believe you may just be upset that he copied your name as well, an seeking retaliation.

Crack is a drug yes.
Marijuana no.

Gangs are bad. So what if i said your guile name was promoting gangs, that is.bad for a youngsters eyes.

I just destroyed your whole argument so, in that case, your argument is invalid.

a crack head it's a person that is addicted to crack this is a very well known fact. copy the name is one thing using it to glorify drug use is another. everyone knows what a"crack head" is and it is only used to berate crack users and not for anything else. when someone does something blatantly
stupid you call them a crack head, or say what are you on crack, there is only one meaning to the term crack head and that's a drug addict who uses crack.

thccontentmatters
Will a dev close this thread. He's clearly mad a guy copied his name.

This is all this is about, he hopes that the character an guild will get deleted so there won't be anyone with a second version of his name, an he's using this lame excuse to get his way.

xXz21
yes that but more importantly not to have my image used in a way that could make a bad impression on children by promoting drug use. as I am a father nothing sticks out more in my mind than the thought of my image being used to harm children and glorifying drug use can have a very harmful affect on the impressionable minds of children. I can't live with that thought

im father too. but this is not promoting nothing..

so u are promoting gangs. and gangs are very bad too. but u are father and u promote gangs.. LOL.

is only a name!! any children is going to smoke drugs just to see a guild name LOL XD

Pie
What about the gang Twisted Bastards and such? There are a lot of guilds with names that might imply something but not encourage it.

thccontentmatters
02-04-2014, 07:57 PM

Crack is a drug yes.
Marijuana no.

a crack head it's a person that is addicted to crack this is a very well known fact. copy the name is one thing using it to glorify drug use is another. everyone knows what a"crack head" is and it is only used to berate crack users and not for anything else. when someone does something blatantly
stupid you call them a crack head, or say what are you on crack, there is only one meaning to the term crack head and that's a drug addict who uses crack.

So i guess the term (i edited out of kindness.) describes you? :o

thccontentmatters
02-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Let's make that a well known fact.

Morholt
02-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Just what I was going to say! That could easily be a PvP guild. It's no different from a guild with the name 'break bones.' There are so many people from different nations and languages that many wouldn't even understand it as a slang word...for all you know, that guild name could've been picked by a Bulgarian person and chose to translate late "crack heads" into the more common tongue, English.

And honestly, your initial post is eligible for being reported, as you chose to not block the player's name.
Iron lung is a pretty common name...he could have absolutely no idea who you are. I'm sure there are plenty of people with names like xGoku, xGokux, xxGokuuxx and none have the intention of making a bad reputation for whoever has Goku.

thccontentmatters
02-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Ill probably receive an infraction. But if you are so blantly ignorant, that you think this is promoting drug use, well lets make sure you dont have any genetic malfunctions.

IT IS SIMPLY THE NAME OF A GUILD.

Im sorry STS, but I've looked at it from his perspective, i see his point. but his point is invalid. The name is not promoting, simply a name.

The Old Gang is not promoting gangs, its a name, but if you look at it in the same.perspective as he is, well his guild name needs to be changed too.

thccontentmatters
02-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Just what I was going to say! That could easily be a PvP guild. It's no different from a guild with the name 'break bones.' There are so many people from different nations and languages that many wouldn't even understand it as a slang word...for all you know, that guild name could've been picked by a Bulgarian person and chose to translate late "crack heads" into the more common tongue, English.

And honestly, your initial post is eligible for being reported, as you chose to not block the player's name.
Iron lung is a pretty common name...he could have absolutely no idea who you are. I'm sure there are plenty of people with names like xGoku, xGokux, xxGokuuxx and none have the intention of making a bad reputation for whoever has Goku.

Kudos to you sir.

Finally someone who has common sense.

djironlung
02-04-2014, 08:06 PM
a gang can be a group of friends crack head can't be anything else I could care less if he copied the name but not while using it to promote drugs

Flybynight
02-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Where i am from, (Iowa,USA) the word gang is not always used as a term when solely speaking of "Street Gangs" it is also used as a group of friends or people gathered as a group.

On the other hand... The term "Crack Heads" means crack heads/drug addicts....

I can see how using another person's name, (adding a letter does not make it original, ie... Sexxx is still sex) and adding a drug reference can be offensive.

Promotion of smoking crack or being a "Crack Head" is not something that should be a public statement in an STS game. If certain words are muted so should be certain actions...

Just Saying

LOVE YOU BABE :*

xXz21
02-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Ill probably receive an infraction. But if you are so blantly ignorant, that you think this is promoting drug use, well lets make sure you dont have any genetic malfunctions.

IT IS SIMPLY THE NAME OF A GUILD.

Im sorry STS, but I've looked at it from his perspective, i see his point. but his point is invalid. The name is not promoting, simply a name.

The Old Gang is not promoting gangs, its a name, but if you look at it in the same.perspective as he is, well his guild name needs to be changed too.

i agree thats what i say too. jaja ironic guy!

thccontentmatters
02-04-2014, 08:08 PM
a gang can be a group of friends crack head can't be anything else I could care less if he copied the name but not whole using it to promote drugs

WE JUST EXPLAINED THE GUILD NAME CRACK HEADS COULD MEAN A VERSION OF CRACKING SKULLS. #capsrage Lol

thccontentmatters
02-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Where i am from, (Iowa,USA) the word gang is not always used as a term when solely speaking of "Street Gangs" it is also used as a group of friends or people gathered as a group.

I can see how using another person's name, (adding a letter does not make it original, ie... Sexxx is still sex) and adding a drug reference can be offensive.

Promotion of smoking crack or being a "Crack Head" is not something that should be a public statement in an STS game. If certain words are muted so should be certain actions...

Just Saying

What are you his wife? Lol

Promoting his ignorant invalid argument.

djironlung
02-04-2014, 08:10 PM
WE JUST EXPLAINED THE GUILD NAME CRACK HEADS COULD MEAN A VERSION OF CRACKING SKULLS. #capsrage Lol
then it would be cracking heads not crack headz big difference in a couple letters.

Morholt
02-04-2014, 08:10 PM
* everyone knows what a"crack head" is and it is only used to berate crack users and not for anything else. The world is bigger than the town you live in. And state. Hey, it's even a lot bigger than just the United States. So no...not everyone.

Also, you just said it's a term that ONLY berates the usage of drugs...how exactly is that glorifying drug usage?

Good job on that major contradiction...

/thread

thccontentmatters
02-04-2014, 08:14 PM
then it would be cracking heads not crack headz big difference in a couple letters.

Listen to these these sentences.

I love to crack heads.
I love to go cracking heads.

THEY MEAN THE SAME THING JUST WORDED DIFFERENT.

Ybnvious
02-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Anyone arguing over the actual definition of "Gang" honestly needs to use a dictionary cause there are several meanings... few having any association with "gangs that kill people"

gang
noun
a group or band: A gang of boys gathered around the winning pitcher.
a group of youngsters or adolescents who associate closely, often exclusively, for social reasons, especially such a group engaging in delinquent behavior.
a group of people with compatible tastes or mutual interests who gather together for social reasons: I'm throwing a party for the gang I bowl with.
a group of persons working together; squad; shift: a gang of laborers.
a group of persons associated for some criminal or other antisocial purpose: a gang of thieves.

Research a bit if you're uncertain of all meanings of a word before trashing someone for no reason. It's irrational and ignorant.

thccontentmatters
02-04-2014, 08:16 PM
Head-the highest part on a human body.
Skull-highest part on a human body.

Same thing.

Your argument is invalid. As i stated earlier.

Morholt
02-04-2014, 08:16 PM
a gang can be a group of friends crack head can't be anything else

So 'gang' could have more than one interpretation, but 'crack headz' can't?

Oh, okay...you're definitely being reasonable about this. *rolls eyes*

thccontentmatters
02-04-2014, 08:19 PM
a gang can be a group of friends crack head can't be anything else

So 'gang' could have more than one interpretation, but 'crack headz' can't?

Oh, okay...you're definitely being reasonable about this. *rolls eyes*

His ignorance is unbearable, hes probably age 7 an will never understand our literary arguments. We should give up as he would argue with a rock if he had too. Rofl. :rolleyes:

djironlung
02-04-2014, 08:20 PM
no there is only one way to use the term crack head. go out and call anyone that and if they don't brush it off as an invalid statement you might not like the result. sorry but that is a term that is used exclusively to describe one thing and only one thing and that's a drug addict. to not see that is just being blind. the term is offensive and insulting to some and depressing to others but it's never a good thing. and being a parent I believe in protecting children from things that could be harmful to them and this can have very negative affects on children

thccontentmatters
02-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Anyone arguing over the actual definition of "Gang" honestly needs to use a dictionary cause there are several meanings... few having any association with "gangs that kill people"

gang
noun
a group or band: A gang of boys gathered around the winning pitcher.
a group of youngsters or adolescents who associate closely, often exclusively, for social reasons, especially such a group engaging in delinquent behavior.
a group of people with compatible tastes or mutual interests who gather together for social reasons: I'm throwing a party for the gang I bowl with.
a group of persons working together; squad; shift: a gang of laborers.
a group of persons associated for some criminal or other antisocial purpose: a gang of thieves.

Research a bit if you're uncertain of all meanings of a word before trashing someone for no reason. It's irrational and ignorant.

I have one abbreviation for you.

Lol
You think your so smart, yet your quite ignorant, look at your grammar. No periods in your sentences, or comma's.

I'm done with this argument.
As if this was a boxing match, i would have surely won unanimous decision, as all of your points are invalid.

Morholt
02-04-2014, 08:27 PM
no there is only one way to use the term crack head. go out and call anyone that and if they don't brush it off as an invalid statement you might not like the result. sorry but that is a term that is used exclusively to describe one thing and only one thing and that's a drug addict. to not see that is just being blind. the term is offensive and insulting to some and depressing to others but it's never a good thing. and being a parent I believe in protecting children from things that could be harmful to them and this can have very negative affects on children

You contiue to think the world is only what you know.
Take another look at that player.
What do you see?
A GERMAN FLAG!

You are still positive that someone didn't simply type Knacken Sie Köpfe into a translator?

Congrats, Iron...you've done a great job of slandering your own name, by showing that you are quite the pretentious fool.

thccontentmatters
02-04-2014, 08:31 PM
null

Dude your epic.

Add me ign-Chaosblade

xXz21
02-04-2014, 08:34 PM

Just Saying

So u think all people in al is from ur country and live in ur same city or town??

No No No. in AL people from all world play so ur Guild Name is promoting Gangs in my country and many countrys of the world and need be removed or chaging name..

u haven't any argument ur ''husband'' are angry bcus he have the same name.

i think he's name should be Irondrug LOL

Iroonlug promote drugs
Ironlug promote Gangs

djironlung
02-04-2014, 08:34 PM
You contiue to think the world is only what you know.
Take another look at that player.
What do you see?
A GERMAN FLAG!

You are still positive that someone didn't simply type Knacken Sie Köpfe into a translator?

Congrats, Iron...you've done a great job of slandering your own name, by showing that you are quite the pretentious fool.

yes then why when I asked him did he specifically say that the double o was cause he gets twice as high. so no not ignorant he specifically states as using a method man reference. he speaks perfect English and specified his intent in the name verbally. so before you go saying something note I've thing, I was smart enough to ask about it first and his terrains only backed up my impression that it was specifically used to reference drugs

Sky_is_epicgearz
02-04-2014, 08:35 PM
This is going no where lol should be closed

thccontentmatters
02-04-2014, 08:39 PM
This is going no where lol should be closed

ikr

Jhawkeye
02-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Guys Guys..

Crack is crack
Gangs are gangs
I'm not caring
and you should so the same

Haters gonna hate
you can't please everybody
so pick your guild name
and throw a guild party

yes this is a poem
I hope you understand
Crack headz is the name
of a very popular band

It can be taken one way
or maybe the other
but a name is still a name
quit arguing like brothers

Show some comradery
you may have to just deal
but if STS doesn't want
then the name they shall kill

Its happened before
and possibly again
but a name is a name
and a guild is a guild

No promotions here or there
No gangs no crack
no snotty underwear

What I mean to say is
this is sooo irrelevant
so quit all that arguing
and close this thread for AL's betterment

Jhawkeye
02-04-2014, 08:52 PM
Oh yes he did

Doomreaper
02-04-2014, 08:53 PM
This whole thread is hella funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doomreaper
02-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Btw don't do drugs kids

Betrayal
02-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Guys Guys..

Crack is crack
Gangs are gangs
I'm not caring
and you should so the same

Haters gonna hate
you can't please everybody
so pick your guild name
and throw a guild party

yes this is a poem
I hope you understand
Crack headz is the name
of a very popular band

It can be taken one way
or maybe the other
but a name is still a name
quit arguing like brothers

Show some comradery
you may have to just deal
but if STS doesn't want
then the name they shall kill

Its happened before
and possibly again
but a name is a name
and a guild is a guild

No promotions here or there
No gangs no crack
no snotty underwear

What I mean to say is
this is sooo irrelevant
so quit all that arguing
and close this thread for AL's betterment

So true and funny

Betrayal
02-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Btw don't do drugs kids

And remember to stay in school

Sky_is_epicgearz
02-04-2014, 08:59 PM
And remember to stay in school

And never give in to negative peer pressure!

Betrayal
02-04-2014, 09:06 PM
But really changing it on one game wont do much guessing u never listened to rap or metal or played any gta games so this thread needs to be closed plus as said before there are bigger things to worry about have you seen the drop out rate or the show 16 and pregnant

Jhawkeye
02-04-2014, 09:29 PM
But really changing it on one game wont do much guessing u never listened to rap or metal or played any gta games so this thread needs to be closed plus as said before there are bigger things to worry about have you seen the drop out rate or the show 16 and pregnant
I lost iq points watching that show! I want em back!

Betrayal
02-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Lol me to that's something i can never get back

thccontentmatters
02-04-2014, 09:41 PM
Tvs stuck on Teen Mom 2 an i cant find either of my remotes.

Striderevil
02-04-2014, 09:59 PM
I agree with the op and also wan't to add that "the old gang" is just as bad promoting creepy old people. I tell kids never take candy from strangers but now I have to tell them not to except free stuff from creepy old guys online.

I can probably interpret or associate most guild names with some form of twisted perverse urban dictionary meaning. So if your kids ever ask you what it means, you can tell them its a guild that cracks heads 'cause they are warriors. You don't need to inform them about the urban dictionary meaning.

Betrayal
02-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Tvs stuck on Teen Mom 2 an i cant find either of my remotes.

Is breaking the tv an option?

Puntus
02-04-2014, 10:09 PM
when people say Leo Messi is a crack , they mean Leo Messi is a drug?

Lmao omg , some ppl is very sensitive , its just a game come on, u think one kid will wana taste drugs for one guild name?

Most prolly that kid dont associate the guild name with a drug concept , most prolly he will associate that name with a guild name.

Some kids re in Epitome of Silentkill and dont kill ppl in silent on the streets.

Useless thread

moot
02-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Once, I saw a guild named, Marijuana Enthusiasm.
I want to join but could not find the gm.

xcainnblecterx
02-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Member kids: don't do sleep, get 8 hours of drugs, brush your milk, and drink your teeth.

Dj this is a pointless thread. There is nothing in that name that says "hey go do drugs" or in anyway promotes its use. Its a name for a guild, maybe my hidden toon named xtc or ketamine should be changed too? To me you sound like one of those worried moms that hears a marylin manson record and automatically assume every one listening to him is devil worshipping heathens hell bent ondestroying the world. If it furiates you as much as you say you could simply report it to sts but there are way worse names. Twisted bastards for example could be promoting children to disown there fathers and become bastards (nothing against the guild yall been here since s1 so grats btw). Point is it's a name not a drug promotion, a drug promotion name would be along the lines of "hey do drugs"
On the bright side nice signature, always dug toonami

Delphina
02-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Thread closed for the following reason:
2. No inappropriate talk.
The Spacetime Studios forum is not a place to chat about drugs and alcohol related activities. Likewise, sexual, racial or otherwise inappropriate talk is also not permitted.