PDA

View Full Version : Guide: The Mage Kills The Maul!

Instanthumor
02-05-2014, 03:56 AM
Hello squishy mages of AL! Ever since PvP came out, there was always the problem that mages could never kill a skilled warrior in a 1v1. Well I've come here with a solution.

First off, you need THE build, and THE build consists of the following:

4/5 Shield - without the knockback
4/5 Fireball - without the increased range upgrade
3/5 Lightning - with the increased damage upgrade and the additional damage on crit upgrade
3/5 Frost - with Jagged Ice and Shiver upgrades (I believe they are the DoT and increased freeze/stun upgrades)
2/5 Lifegiver - with the mana upgrade (the mana upgrade is optional)

5/5 INT
5/5 STR
5/5 DEX
5/5 Crit
4/5 Damage

If you hadn't noticed, the use of five skills is essential. Note that I am not promoting any form of hotkeys or whatever, but the use of five skills is a tactic. If you want to argue with the fact that the use of five skills is a tactic or not, please flame the other 'five skill' threads and not this one. I would appreciate that very much.

Gear (edited):

Mythic/arcane gear is HIGHLY recommended, but I am not saying that it is impossible to kill a warrior without full mythics and arcanes. For in fact, it is possible. The current equips I use are the Expedition Rifle of Brutality (notice it is of 'Brutality' and not of 'Assault'; remember, 100+ hp > 3.0 damage), upgraded mythic helm and armor, Archon Ring of Brutality (INT/STR), and Tarlok Heart of Brutality (surprisingly enough, the Archon ring and the Tarlok amulet is still pretty top notch for this season. Of course, you can get yourself an Archon ring Lv. 40-41 now, and the only amulet comparable to the Tarlok amulet is the Lunar pendant, however, Tarlok amulet gives more HP and a slight armor bonus sufficing little damage and some crit, which is pretty useful. Remember, tank the tank). And even with these lame equips, killing a warrior 1v1 is more than possible. Note that every item I used have some form of the STR stat in it. The STR stat is really, really important for us mages. Not only is it the main source of HP, but it helps our shield last longer. Even against warriors, our shields do not last the full 15 seconds, since warriors can dish out so much damage nowadays. For more information about the Arcane Shield, feel free to visit this thread. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?96812-Arcane-Shield-How-it-works-as-of-5-7-13

Pet:

Any pet that gives a decent amount of INT, damage, STR, or crit is great. The best pet against a warrior would be, without a doubt, Samael. This is more of a personal preference, but I absolutely love to use Colton. Even though it slightly lacks HP, it works wonders, with the arcane ability to give 15% crit for 6 seconds and it has a great passive attack that has a very high chance to stun (this has saved my life numeral times). Unfortunately, I'd like to emphasize that Slag or Grimm are not very good pets to use against a warrior in 1v1. Even though Slag gives more movement speed, and even though it stuns well, it gives absolutely no crit at all. When 1v1ing a warrior, crit is your BFFF, and I mean it. If I were given the option to use HJ, Glacian, Colton, or even the Whim Bros, I would take Colton without hesitation. And good news, Colton has become less than 100k, so it is relatively affordable!

EDIT: Shadowlurk is superior to Colton in my opinion. You can easily finish off any warrior that underestimates your damage output in less than 2 seconds! The 20% crit and 20% damage buff from Shadowlurk is heaven. However unlike Colton, Shadowlurk has no stun on its passive ability, so you can't rely on Colton's lucky stun.

The Fight:

This is the most important part of this guide. How to fight the warrior. On your skill HUD, start of with the following skills: Shield, Lightning, Ice, and Fireball. At the 'Go', tap the arcane ability of Colton (let's say you are using Colton), charge Lightning, tap Ice, charge Fireball. It is important to always charge Fireball because charged Fireball decreases the hit chance of the warrior by a whooping 25%. It makes a big difference in the long run. After you charged Lightning, tapped Ice, and charged Fireball, do it again. Note to yourself, the only time you should charge Lightning is when Colton's arcane ability is active, which will inflict devastating damage upon opponent at the critical hit. Now by this time, the warrior would heal, and cast their two seconds of invulnerability. Always keep your distance from the target. This will help so that the warrior won't have much effect for DPS attacks, and hopefully, the maul will not proc AT you. You can also evade certain skills such as Chest Splitter or Windmill. So by the time the warrior cast his heal, you should be around 20-50% HP. When you are at 20-35% HP, this is when you charge your beloved shield. Next, QUICKLY switch skills (switch the shield with Lifegiver). Note that one false misclick might result in your defeat. As soon as you switch to Lifegiver and exited the skill menu, charge heal, cast it, and pray a thousand times that the warrior will not stun you in this period. With Colton, I have just about 3-3.2k HP, and charged Lifegiver heals about 70-80% of my health which is a game changer! At this time, tap Lightning, tap Ice, and charge Fireball. Note that you should always hit Lightning first, then Ice. This is because Lightning is your primary attack/damage skill, and Ice deals the second most damage. At this point of time, Colton's arcane ability will probably finish cooling down, so activate it, charge Lightning, tap Ice, charge Fireball, and repeat these three steps. By the time you are done, the warrior's Juggernaut had probably ended. Now the reason why you do not activate shield in the beginning of the battle is because it will be a waste. You will be able to absorb more damage using shield later, than using it in the beginning. I hope you understood that, for it is very important. Also, don't forget to charge your DPS attack every so often inbetween skill cooldowns. This will bring a slight change up to the game, for most mythic weapons have a slight stun on a charged attack, and I find that I proc way more often on a charged attack, than I do on a regular attack. After a bit more skill spamming, charge your heal again when your HP reaches 20-35% and QUICKLY switch skills again (switch Lifegiver with shield). Activate the shield, and use the two seconds of invulnerability to your advantage, and switch the skills again (switch shield and Lifegiver). Note that the ONLY time you can actually kill the warrior is the time period between them charging their Horn of Renew and the time before their two seconds of invulnerability shield appears. Basically, the strategy here is to tank out the tank while dishing insane damage at the same time. Pray for crits, it helps.

Interesting comments by others:

In TDM, when I am facing a warrior I use a pet with speed like slag. If you have a speed advantage you can negate some attacks by running away and firing fireball & lightning. Unfortunately, it seems like they can stun me more often then I can stun them. And things like axe throw and skyward smash have some ridiculous range. Also even if I'm not close I can be taking damage. This is why you see some warriors just spamming their attacks because they know they can hit you without even being near them. I think you need shield and heal to prolong the fight as long as possible. So you can deplete their mana. If you're doing 1v1 in CTF, then probably using time shift with DOT damage will help. Energezic had a post about this.

A good mage can beat a bad warrior easily. If you meet a fully geared warrior who knows what they are doing (full mythic with glaive or maul), you are more likely than not to die. Our stuns don't work well against warriors and their range for being a melee class is ridiculous. Unlike a rogue, we don't have the power output to kill warriors fast enough before they can shield and heal, at which point just forgetaboutit. If you like a challenge, then go for it. If not, don't even engage top warriors in 1v1. It has always been this way, rogues are easy for us to kill, and a good warrior has always been much more difficult to kill.

It all depends on the warrior you're fighting. Some warriors are (in my opinion) almost impossible to kill with a mage, or at least I haven't fully discovered it yet. I'm probably going to make a warrior soon and test it out against mages and look for a weak spot somewhere. But full powered good warriors are motherF$·%·"!"·$.

I have beat certain mauls in 1v1. For Tanks I prefer using FB + Ice in 1v1 since the Double DOT can disrupt their heals. The ice slows them down giving you wiggle room, 5/5 FB decreases their hit chance by 25% and stuns.

Mage NEEDS stun pet. It's almost a must against a warrior. Slag is good, however, Slag gives no crit, and of course Samael is brilliant. Colton got some passive stuns. I'm doing a few test runs with Ethyl and am having some interesting results.

When 1v1ing against warrior (even one that is average) HEAL is a must. If you can time your stuns and know when to use your shield, count out the 2 secs of invul, time your heals. You can survive pretty long against a warrior (certain ones at least)

In the field it's a different approach entirely. FB + ICE combo works pretty well still but you can use FB light, or FB curse or what have you and still drop a tank.

Curse against tank is not so effective. But if you can drop the tanks HP enough for him to preemptively drop his heal, wait for heal to finish, and then release the curse. Spam damage and stack your crits like crazy. Yet, curse is most effective against mages and rogues. Personally curse eats the crap out of me because of my DoT.

In conclusion;

Mages CAN kill tanks. I'd say about 85% of the tanks out there are "beatable". You just need to learn your combos, know how to pull the warrior, how to use your environment and your pet.

As you can see, tanks are possible to kill in 1v1's! You just need great timing and much luck (crit helps).

EDIT: Most average mauls are beatable! If you score enough crits, have a general idea of what you are doing, and if they don't proc 5 times in a row, it's easier than killing a rogue! On the other hand, against glaives, I didn't have as good results, but honestly, I didn't get enough testing time vsing glaives and will get back to y'all shortly.

I just wanted to encourage the little blue guys out there to think outside the box a little in terms of their build. It is sometimes the most unexpected builds that are the most successful. This is part of the reason why crazy mages such as psychopathic have been so respected in pvp because they think outside the box and kill their opponents with unexpected techniques. Have fun and keep experimenting!

Now I want all you mages out there to have fun and kick some warrior butt! (Not mine, of course)

I also want to shout some thank-you's to a few individuals. They might not know what they've done for me, but I have listened to each one of them at some point in time, and they all gave interesting points! So special thanks to Jon (Curse/Scar), Arrypotta, Lia (because she's so pro), Grimmy, Alhunt, and Woofcookie (he quit and I didn't even get to say my farewells).

Thank you for taking the time to read the thread, and I would appreciate it if you all won't rant about the use of five skills, etc. :)

Cero
02-05-2014, 04:28 AM
Nice guide!
I always feel better that someone or a friend is doing great with the sorc class.
Unfortunately for me, I felt it's pointless to play PvP using sorc. I've played since the very beginning of PvP and gave my all for sorc class
but i felt a GAP that can't satisfy my PvP
needs:P I know everyone has different POV but i
Hope this guide help other aspiring Sorcs.

(Might come back if something has change, I still love Sorc class:D)

Instanthumor
02-05-2014, 04:31 AM
Nice guide!
I always feel better that someone or a friend is doing great with the sorc class.
Unfortunately for me, I felt it's pointless to play PvP using sorc. I've played since the very beginning of PvP and gave my all for sorc class
but i felt a GAP that can't satisfy my PvP
needs:P I know everyone has different POV but i
Hope this guide help other aspiring Sorcs.

(Might come back if something has change, I still love Sorc class:D)

If this is the case, then I will convince you to play sorc again one day. Antisorc is OP.

falmear
02-05-2014, 04:32 AM
Did you try Crawly or Ribbit? The problem with lifegiver is its entirely dependent on your damage stat. So either of these pets would decrease your damage as opposed to colton. But Crawly's root may work like a stun on a warrior. And ribbit gives more crit then colton. The one weakness I feel in this strategy is you are saving switching to shield when your health drops to 20-35%.

After a bit more skill spamming, charge your heal again when your HP reaches 20-35% and QUICKLY switch skills again (switch Lifegiver with shield). Activate the shield, and use the two seconds of invulnerability to your advantage, and switch the skills again (switch shield and Lifegiver).

Which in my mind is dangerously low. One well timed stun or panic and its game over. Because you won't have a chance to use charged life giver or shield. Also the series of events would seem to play out like this:

1) Health 20-35%
2) Charged Heal -> So lets say your health is back to 100%
3) Right now you have left yourself open to attack when you switch, so you'll take some amount of damage
4) Switch to shield and charge
5) Switch back to heal (heal still in cool down)

So in my mind the way to defeat this is to try to stun or panic you before you charge your heal. Also once you charge your heal this is telling your opponent you are going to switch skills now. The best skill against a mage is axe throw. Because the entire strategy is avoid being hit. Once they use axe throw which basically has an infinite range, they bring you with in melee range. So there is no way to avoid any other attacks. What is your success rate and what skills were they using? Also did you try using time shift, possibly in place of fireball?

Instanthumor
02-05-2014, 04:44 AM
Did you try Crawly or Ribbit? The problem with lifegiver is its entirely dependent on your damage stat. So either of these pets would decrease your damage as opposed to colton. But Crawly's root may work like a stun on a warrior. And ribbit gives more crit then colton. The one weakness I feel in this strategy is you are saving switching to shield when your health drops to 20-35%.

Which in my mind is dangerously low. One well timed stun or panic and its game over. Because you won't have a chance to use charged life giver or shield. Also the series of events would seem to play out like this:

1) Health 20-35%
2) Charged Heal -> So lets say your health is back to 100%
3) Right now you have left yourself open to attack when you switch, so you'll take some amount of damage
4) Switch to shield and charge
5) Switch back to heal (heal still in cool down)

So in my mind the way to defeat this is to try to stun or panic you before you charge your heal. Also once you charge your heal this is telling your opponent you are going to switch skills now. The best skill against a mage is axe throw. Because the entire strategy is avoid being hit. Once they use axe throw which basically has an infinite range, they bring you with in melee range. So there is no way to avoid any other attacks. What is your success rate and what skills were they using? Also did you try using time shift, possibly in place of fireball?

1.) Never tried Crawly.
2.) I prefer Colton over Ribbit. It's a personal preference. But the one thing I like about Ribbit, is that not only does it give high critical chance on the arcane ability, but it also gives a set crit bonus, if I recall correctly, it was 7 or 8%. The thing about ribbit, is that you do not get as much damage compared to Colton, and Ribbit's arcane ability is too short. It barely gives time for one combo, while with Colton, it is possible to do 2, or even 3 at times.
3.) I admit, 20% can be dangerous and risky, but chances are, it won't happen. So let's say I'm at 100% after heal. It only takes me 1-2 seconds to switch skills, and by the time I activate shield, I will not have any lower than 80%, which is reasonable. With the damage reduction from shield, it is easy to last another 11-13 seconds before the cooldown for heal finishes.
4.) I admit, Axe Throw is the worst skill to go up against a warrior.
5.) Success rate against a decent full mythic warrior with Devour Maul or Architect Blade is over 80%. I've defeated two different mauls before (with my gear), yet lost to many skilled ones. I haven't killed a glaive yet (it is near impossible to dish out enough damage with my current equips).
6.) I didn't try Timeshift. Did you?

Haligali
02-05-2014, 06:18 AM
Cool guide.

Did you tried this against a warrior, who also use 5 skills and switch fast?

chorba69
02-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Nice guide! I'll definitely try it.
Just yeah, we all know the game still is not balanced. Why? Well, because warriors do not need guides like this. I mean a guide where you have to "scratch your screen" to kill us mages. And I'm sure lots of you think this is correct.
But yeah, it's good to know that mages still have a chance to kill a warrior, doesn't matter how much effort it takes.
Cheers!

Madnex
02-05-2014, 02:46 PM
If the warrior has maul, it's game over no matter what. But if he's undergeared and one by one, there's a better build for this. Might make a topic just to steal the spotlight duhuhu. :)

Instanthumor
02-05-2014, 03:27 PM
If the warrior has maul, it's game over no matter what. But if he's undergeared and one by one, there's a better build for this. Might make a topic just to steal the spotlight duhuhu. :)

First off, mauls are beatable. It is not game over, the one that really bugs me is vsing a glaive... They just have too much armor. And I didn't say this is the best build against warriors, it just works best for me. I think the mage class is all about personal preferences.

Xbuddyjosh
02-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Instead of praying the warrior doesn't kill u while u switch to heal, have you tried charging shield and switching while invulnerable? I think that's safer!

Instanthumor
02-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Instead of praying the warrior doesn't kill u while u switch to heal, have you tried charging shield and switching while invulnerable? I think that's safer!

There is absolutely no way a warrior can kill a (near) full mythic mage in 1-2 seconds. Maybe deal 20-40%, but 40% at the very most.

Alhuntrazeck
02-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Nice guide bud! I tried this vs a warrior with mythic armor helm and doom. Lost but I DID get her down to low Hp.

P.S: never rly expected to win. That war is perhaps one of the most skilled ones ive ever met :p

will0
02-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Anyone mage killed tried Lucifer or Venom 1:1 and few more warrior i know ? I am curious as they are almost unbeatable with mage that is full mythic and arcane wand + SAM (super gem all).

well glaive warrior is even harder.

Instanthumor
02-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Anyone mage killed tried Lucifer or Venom 1:1 and few more warrior i know ? I am curious as they are almost unbeatable with mage that is full mythic and arcane wand + SAM (super gem all).

well glaive warrior is even harder.

I tried Venom 1v1, and lost horrible, BUT that was before I even used this build... Sometime soon I will try again.

Robhawk
02-07-2014, 04:49 PM
I tried Venom 1v1, and lost horrible, BUT that was before I even used this build... Sometime soon I will try again.

You shouldnt try this... ;)

As long as nothin changes (warrior nerf or mage buff) its no contest for a skilled warrior to kill a skilled mage 1on1.
Its funny when you have a glaive/arcane maul warrior with samael as your personal stalker... Outcome vs a mage with legendary weapon, ring and pet is obvious but he still thinks its something special.. lmao!

Warriors r just op but sts wont do anything...

Ravager
02-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Warriors have a huge advantage over mages. Our heals and shielding will greatly outlast the shield of a mage. The only time ive ever had trouble on a 1v1 vs a mage was at 21 cap when there was no stun immunity. Maybe if there is a proper 1v1 section in the game, then there will be some rebalances. Until then I doubt anything will be done for a 5v5 in ctf or a 4v4 tdm type game where we are probably supposed to support each other.

Instanthumor
02-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Until then I doubt anything will be done for a 5v5 in ctf or a 4v4 tdm type game where we are probably supposed to support each other.

Amuses me.

otb
02-08-2014, 05:20 AM
Warriors have a huge advantage over mages. Our heals and shielding will greatly outlast the shield of a mage. The only time ive ever had trouble on a 1v1 vs a mage was at 21 cap when there was no stun immunity. Maybe if there is a proper 1v1 section in the game, then there will be some rebalances. Until then I doubt anything will be done for a 5v5 in ctf or a 4v4 tdm type game where we are probably supposed to support each other.

In line with this, I suggest that STS just removes the k/d ratio thing in the stats page and leader boards and replace it with GAME WIN:LOSS RATIO

-no
02-12-2014, 05:38 PM
Cool write up. Maulers are my only real trouble. Thanks

Instanthumor
02-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Cool write up. Maulers are my only real trouble. Thanks

In my opinion, if the mauls don't proc like crazy, they are actually easier than the glaives. That's just me anyway.

will0
02-12-2014, 08:00 PM
i was being "laugh" at yesterday by a warrior he said "arcane weapon + SAM" cannot win a warr with hammer ....

FYI: i killed him ratio 4 v 6 times he killed me. End Story, mage still sucks irregardless how good their equipment or pet is against warrior.

Mage can only kill rogue or Mage equivalent 1:1 chance.

Instanthumor
02-12-2014, 08:02 PM
i was being "laugh" at yesterday by a warrior he said "arcane weapon + SAM" cannot win a warr with hammer ....

FYI: i killed him ratio 4 v 6 times he killed me.

That ratio is actually pretty good :D

The more you practice, usually you'll get the hang of it and have better results!

will0
02-12-2014, 08:12 PM
That ratio is actually pretty good :D

The more you practice, usually you'll get the hang of it and have better results!

The warrior tends to change tactics after they know i.e jugger to stun mage so we wont run and few DPS hit we are mince meat ...

ody style
02-14-2014, 03:59 AM
in my opinion our skill much more slow regen than other class such as heal skill... warrior and rouge heal skill regen are faster than mage
even more warrior heal got shield and overtime heal same as rouge overtime heal and they can spam medic pack
and its get worse now lot of warrior using juggernaut make even more difficult to kill warrior
so...no matter how well equip mage are when come to pvp we are powerless
and i hope dev team will look to our problem and make it more balance than now

Instanthumor
02-18-2014, 02:44 AM
in my opinion our skill much more slow regen than other class such as heal skill... warrior and rouge heal skill regen are faster than mage
even more warrior heal got shield and overtime heal same as rouge overtime heal and they can spam medic pack

so...no matter how well equip mage are when come to pvp we are powerless

I'd like to stress that both these quotes are wrong. The warrior, rogue, and as well as the mage's cooldown time for heal is all 15 seconds. Your second quote is wrong as well. We are not powerless.

UndeadJudge
02-19-2014, 07:22 PM
I've tried this and it worked meh. My issue was fighting the stunlock warriors that get sky smash stun then panic with their pet. By then I'm down to like 30% and hardly have enough time to charge shield. I've killed some good tanks before, but surviving without shield is pretty difficult.

(Note this is coming from a twink so this may be somewhat different).

Robhawk
02-20-2014, 04:49 AM
(Note this is coming from a twink so this may be somewhat different).

You are dead and not at 30% at endgame vs arcane maul or myth glaive. ;)

UndeadJudge
02-20-2014, 06:30 AM
You are dead and not at 30% at endgame vs arcane maul or myth glaive. ;)

Yeah pretty much. I live if I get lucky.

Striderevil
02-20-2014, 02:44 PM
- Impossible to quick change skill on any mobile device so useless to all who don't play on PC.
- Its hard enough for a mythic mage to kill legendary warrior but with a maul or glaive the outcome 90% of the time is in favor of the warrior.
- Good guide to highlight the inadequacies of current number of skill slots.
- Mages will only get worse as the game progresses, unless their stun freeze or root is made effective in pvp.

Ravager
02-20-2014, 04:20 PM
- Impossible to quick change skill on any mobile device so useless to all who don't play on PC.
- Its hard enough for a mythic mage to kill legendary warrior but with a maul or glaive the outcome 90% of the time is in favor of the warrior.
- Mages will only get worse as the game progresses, unless their stun freeze or root is made effective in pvp.

Root would be interesting. It would give mages a better chance against warriors. Rogues and mages can fight from afar. Warriors have less options such as axe throw.

Instanthumor
02-20-2014, 04:33 PM

It's not impossible to switch skills on a mobile device. Although I don't play on mobile device, I know that it is more than possible to do (with practice) in 2 sec.

A legendary warrior vs me, I'd say I will win 80-90% of the time (even with my gear) using this build. I found glaives impossible to overcome, so far, but mauls are beatable.

Instanthumor
02-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Root would be interesting. It would give mages a better chance against warriors. Rogues and mages can fight from afar. Warriors have less options such as axe throw.

In my honest opinion, rooting would just tickle any average warrior. I'm pretty sure at least 75% of endgame warriors use Skyward Smash, and Axe Throw is arguably one of the best skills to use against a mage in a 1v1. If rooting is similar to Crawly's arcane ability, it won't have much effect since both Skyward Smash and Axe Throw have decent range, enough to pull the mage in the compressed spawn room of CTF.

Ravager
02-20-2014, 06:06 PM

In my honest opinion, rooting would just tickle any average warrior. I'm pretty sure at least 75% of endgame warriors use Skyward Smash, and Axe Throw is arguably one of the best skills to use against a mage in a 1v1. If rooting is similar to Crawly's arcane ability, it won't have much effect since both Skyward Smash and Axe Throw have decent range, enough to pull the mage in the compressed spawn room of CTF.

If im rooted all I can do to attack is axe or pet. On the other hand I can try to heal. Warrior attacks, windmill and cs woupd be useless.

Jug would overcome this of course. Rogues with razorshield with the freedom upgrade too. Mages will have slightly more opportunities to fight at a range and / or buy time to act defensively if necessary.

falmear
02-20-2014, 06:06 PM
One thing about Crawly's arcane that I have noticed. Is it seems to take auto targetting away. You can't turn when you are rooted with Crawly's arcane so your skills won't fire behind you, just in front of you. So it works like a stun if you move away.

Instanthumor
02-21-2014, 12:17 AM
If im rooted all I can do to attack is axe or pet. On the other hand I can try to heal. Warrior attacks, windmill and cs woupd be useless.

Jug would overcome this of course. Rogues with razorshield with the freedom upgrade too. Mages will have slightly more opportunities to fight at a range and / or buy time to act defensively if necessary.

Do you not use Skyward Smash? Usually, I don't see people use Windmill nowadays, especially for 1v1ing, and cs is still usable, if you axe the opponent close enough.

One thing about Crawly's arcane that I have noticed. Is it seems to take auto targetting away. You can't turn when you are rooted with Crawly's arcane so your skills won't fire behind you, just in front of you. So it works like a stun if you move away.

This is true all the time, if everyone is behind you while you are rooted by Crawly's arcane ability, and if there isn't anyone in front of you, you can still fire your skills backwards (for a mage i.e. Fireball, Frost, Lightning, Curse, etc.), warriors can successfully Skyward Smash enemies behind them as well, however, I'm not to sure about Axe Throw.

Ravager
02-21-2014, 02:33 AM

Do you not use Skyward Smash? Usually, I don't see people use Windmill nowadays, especially for 1v1ing, and cs is still usable, if you axe the opponent close enough.

This is true all the time, if everyone is behind you while you are rooted by Crawly's arcane ability, and if there isn't anyone in front of you, you can still fire your skills backwards (for a mage i.e. Fireball, Frost, Lightning, Curse, etc.), warriors can successfully Skyward Smash enemies behind them as well, however, I'm not to sure about Axe Throw.

I dont think you can skyward smash or shadow pierce when rooted. You can when snared but not rooted by crawlys ability. Yea I use Skyward Smash. I was mostly listing the options the warrior would have or moreso lack of options if the mage had a proper root.

Instanthumor
02-21-2014, 02:41 AM
I dont think you can skyward smash or shadow pierce when rooted. You can when snared but not rooted by crawlys ability. Yea I use Skyward Smash. I was mostly listing the options the warrior would have or moreso lack of options if the mage had a proper root.

I see, I'll go test that one out later, thanks.

User111
02-21-2014, 11:38 AM
A legendary warrior can easily kill an arcane mage.:grey:

Instanthumor
02-21-2014, 01:04 PM
A legendary warrior can easily kill an arcane mage.:grey:

A legendary warrior could kill a noob arcane mage, however a legendary warrior cannot kill a skilled semi mythic mage.

Robhawk
02-27-2014, 04:35 AM
A legendary warrior could kill a noob arcane mage, however a legendary warrior cannot kill a skilled semi mythic mage.

BUT a legendary FULL PRO mage cant kill a low skilled arcane warrior - NEVER because he only needs to stun once with Maul or pet and finish the mage in first 3 seconds. *lol*

So at the end of the day we are back at : WARRIORS ARE TOTALLY IMBALANCED VS MAGES. :p

edit: Even in "pro" clashes the number of warriors seperate the winners from the one who dont win. :adoration: If the number of warriors is equal the Maul gonna win.

Haligali
02-27-2014, 05:00 AM
BUT a legendary FULL PRO mage cant kill a low skilled arcane warrior - NEVER because he only needs to stun once with Maul or pet and finish the mage in first 3 seconds. *lol*

So at the end of the day we are back at : WARRIORS ARE TOTALLY IMBALANCED VS MAGES. :p

edit: Even in "pro" clashes the number of warriors seperate the winners from the one who dont win. :adoration: If the number of warriors is equal the Maul gonna win.

*Correction:

Warriors a totally imbalanced in general, i feel so sorry before the kraken mines entrance and saw them shooting repeatedly "Pt, pt" and noone wants them. :(

Ravager
02-27-2014, 11:47 AM

*Correction:

Warriors a totally imbalanced in general, i feel so sorry before the kraken mines entrance and saw them shooting repeatedly "Pt, pt" and noone wants them. :(

Good at pvp, bad at pve.

Mages opposite.

Instanthumor
02-27-2014, 01:04 PM

Well IMO, that's more of an imbalance in gear ..

Instanthumor
02-27-2014, 01:05 PM

I found that your skills can only hit your opponent when you are facing them while rooted by Crawly's arcane ability.

Ravager
02-27-2014, 07:30 PM

I found that your skills can only hit your opponent when you are facing them while rooted by Crawly's arcane ability.

Yea line of sight I believe.
if they added pve timeshift root into pvp, it would be overpowered since when clock runs out, it is ready again. They would have to modify root a bit more. Immunity or a chance.

Robhawk
02-28-2014, 04:10 AM
Well IMO, that's more of an imbalance in gear ..

I know... but i wanted to point out how OP warriors are, because a PRO legendary warrior can kill a full myth semiskilled mage, while the other way around wont happen - u see my point now? :kiwi-fruit:

Haligali
02-28-2014, 04:58 AM
To the opening post: if skill spamming is accepted during this battle, heck why not unlock all 8 skills and spam them while they are on cooldown? Start with fireball, curse, timeshift and shield, then swap them for gale, ice, lightning and heal. Could this work?

Robhawk
02-28-2014, 07:44 AM
To the opening post: if skill spamming is accepted during this battle, heck why not unlock all 8 skills and spam them while they are on cooldown? Start with fireball, curse, timeshift and shield, then swap them for gale, ice, lightning and heal. Could this work?

Yes, this could work with macros on a pc. Like pet switching in less than a second or other "cheating" stuff! You wont make this by playing fair on a mobile device imho!

Instanthumor
02-28-2014, 01:03 PM

Yeah, like Rob said, that would be too hard to do if you switch skills fairly. Meaning, not using hotkeys or whatever they are, manual switching.

Instanthumor
02-28-2014, 01:04 PM
I know... but i wanted to point out how OP warriors are, because a PRO legendary warrior can kill a full myth semiskilled mage, while the other way around wont happen - u see my point now? :kiwi-fruit:

But a PRO legendary warrior never won against me....

ody style
03-02-2014, 09:13 AM
I'd like to stress that both these quotes are wrong. The warrior, rogue, and as well as the mage's cooldown time for heal is all 15 seconds. Your second quote is wrong as well. We are not powerless.

lol i would like to see you to kill skilled warrior with glaive or maul see how you deal with that....( i have seen you pvp and you cant kill a warrior)
even more now juggernaut are overpower mage class...
what i have been experiencing that warrior and rouge heal skill are much faster than mage coz i have all class...
we really powerless against warrior with mythic lol

Instanthumor
03-02-2014, 01:15 PM
lol i would like to see you to kill skilled warrior with glaive or maul see how you deal with that....( i have seen you pvp and you cant kill a warrior)
even more now juggernaut are overpower mage class...
what i have been experiencing that warrior and rouge heal skill are much faster than mage coz i have all class...
we really powerless against warrior with mythic lol

Bring me a maul. I have stated earlier, that with my gear, it's almost impossible to beat a glaive. You probably seen me PvPing when I was on pc.. On pc, I don't know how to use 5 skills efficiently which kind of screws me up. I'll be online mostly all day today so let's see what you got.

ody style
03-05-2014, 05:24 AM
Bring me a maul. I have stated earlier, that with my gear, it's almost impossible to beat a glaive. You probably seen me PvPing when I was on pc.. On pc, I don't know how to use 5 skills efficiently which kind of screws me up. I'll be online mostly all day today so let's see what you got.
pvp with mage and mage are pointless there are high chances that i lost or win.....but it not the main reason....
the problem that we really face are mage class really underpowered by warrior and rouge(same equally gear)
i will try 1vs 1 with u without using 5 skill if i see u in any pvp map :-)
and i also semi mythic gear so dont expect too much from me lol
i really want u too look at heal skill idk its a bug or that is meant to be but mage heal are really sux :sour:

UndeadJudge
03-05-2014, 05:19 PM
You can pierce if rooted. You don't move, but the damage is still there. Sometimes though, crawly's arcane will make you miss the person if they are behind you. If they are in front, a sky smash or pierce should work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Instanthumor
03-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Sometimes though, crawly's arcane will make you miss the person if they are behind you. If they are in front, a sky smash or pierce should work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not sometimes.. If your target is behind you, you will always miss under the influence of Crawly's root.

Instanthumor
03-05-2014, 09:09 PM
pvp with mage and mage are pointless there are high chances that i lost or win.....but it not the main reason....
the problem that we really face are mage class really underpowered by warrior and rouge(same equally gear)
i will try 1vs 1 with u without using 5 skill if i see u in any pvp map :-)
and i also semi mythic gear so dont expect too much from me lol
i really want u too look at heal skill idk its a bug or that is meant to be but mage heal are really sux :sour:

True, mages aren't the best suited class for PvP, but I seriously think you are underestimating mages in general. What's your ign?

ody style
03-06-2014, 09:47 PM
True, mages aren't the best suited class for PvP, but I seriously think you are underestimating mages in general. What's your ign?
My hope for next lv cap that STS please give us mage some advantage on pvp...
mage are good on pve i love the way that mage are independent with health and mana refill...so that mean im not underestimate mage class
its just i hate that we always lose to warrior even that our dps and damage are more high than other class... i really miss season 1.2.3 when we dont really have problem pvp
My IGN: odyneo

Instanthumor
03-06-2014, 11:36 PM
My hope for next lv cap that STS please give us mage some advantage on pvp...
mage are good on pve i love the way that mage are independent with health and mana refill...so that mean im not underestimate mage class
its just i hate that we always lose to warrior even that our dps and damage are more high than other class... i really miss season 1.2.3 when we dont really have problem pvp
My IGN: odyneo

Not necessarily give us the advantage in PvP, but some buffs would be nice.

Mages are ok for regular PvE, but for elites, mages are not independent with health and mana 'refills', on the contrary, they are rather dependent on potions, and you do underestimate the mage class in terms of PvP.

So what if our DPS and damage are higher than other classes? What is that supposed to mean? Just because our DPS and damage on our stat page look high, doesn't mean our damage output is the best.

Here is not a thread to discuss the balance between classes for PvP, there's a separate thread for that. This is a thread explaining a build to kill warriors in 1v1, thanks for caring though.

MoloToha
03-07-2014, 01:30 PM
I like this guide. It should help some mages how to deal with warriors. But there is still no way for a mage to kill a skilled tank even if he uses 4 skills. If opponents have the same gear (let's say mythic armor and helm, all other is legendary), mage will definitely lose just because his attack power is not big enough to deal 6k damage in 8 seconds (period between horn heal stop and horn cooldown finish). Rogues are in the same shoes, just make sure you survive between 2nd and 3rd horn, then they just run out of mana and become an easy prey. Warriors are OP, this is a fact, and I think, there will be some balance tweaks related to them.

ody style
03-07-2014, 09:50 PM

Mages are ok for regular PvE, but for elites, mages are not independent with health and mana 'refills', on the contrary, they are rather dependent on potions, and you do underestimate the mage class in terms of PvP.

So what if our DPS and damage are higher than other classes? What is that supposed to mean? Just because our DPS and damage on our stat page look high, doesn't mean our damage output is the best.

Here is not a thread to discuss the balance between classes for PvP, there's a separate thread for that. This is a thread explaining a build to kill warriors in 1v1, thanks for caring though.

hmm... i have bored to tell you what we really missed i have been pvp since season 2.and you don't really understand what i try to tell you just replied without understanding... IDK why do you felt very offense with all my wrote but i just give the fact that even with same equally gear and skilled, we cant win with warrior that what i seen in many pvp and yes mage are independent they can refill mana and health on they own read our skill addon genius... but nvrmnd i have my way to kill warrior now WITH 4 SKILL ONLY its only takes patient and running....so i end my writing with you are very ignorance kind of person lol

ody style
03-07-2014, 09:56 PM
I like this guide. It should help some mages how to deal with warriors. But there is still no way for a mage to kill a skilled tank even if he uses 4 skills. If opponents have the same gear (let's say mythic armor and helm, all other is legendary), mage will definitely lose just because his attack power is not big enough to deal 6k damage in 8 seconds (period between horn heal stop and horn cooldown finish). Rogues are in the same shoes, just make sure you survive between 2nd and 3rd horn, then they just run out of mana and become an easy prey. Warriors are OP, this is a fact, and I think, there will be some balance tweaks related to them.

thanks god there are someone understand what is happening and felt same as me thank you MoloToha

Ravager
03-10-2014, 02:40 AM

hmm... i have bored to tell you what we really missed i have been pvp since season 2.and you don't really understand what i try to tell you just replied without understanding... IDK why do you felt very offense with all my wrote but i just give the fact that even with same equally gear and skilled, we cant win with warrior that what i seen in many pvp and yes mage are independent they can refill mana and health on they own read our skill addon genius... but nvrmnd i have my way to kill warrior now WITH 4 SKILL ONLY its only takes patient and running....so i end my writing with you are very ignorance kind of person lol

Im sure hes just trying to help the mage community by letting others know what works for him. Maybe others can build upon it, modify it or offer constructive feedback. Thats the point of sharing ideas and experiences.

Robhawk
03-10-2014, 07:07 AM
Im sure hes just trying to help the mage community by letting others know what works for him. Maybe others can build upon it, modify it or offer constructive feedback. Thats the point of sharing ideas and experiences.

Yes, but at the end of the day the warrior class is still OP! :D ;)

Instanthumor
03-10-2014, 05:23 PM
so i end my writing with you are very ignorance kind of person lol

Thank you!

ody style
03-11-2014, 06:33 AM

that what i was try to share....but all what instanthumor doing are being ignorance and keep continue it... mm... anyway thanks ravager for understand my intention

ody style
03-11-2014, 06:38 AM
Yes, but at the end of the day the warrior class is still OP! :D ;)
but there are still a way to kill warrior but must be equally skilled and gear.....( 1 vs 1 except maul lol)
but if rouge everybody know how to kill rouge just run from the medic pack lol

Instanthumor
03-28-2014, 12:51 AM
Thread is a bit updated for this expansion!

Robhawk
04-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Always keep your distance from the target. This will help so that the warrior won't have much effect for DPS attacks, and hopefully, the maul will not proc AT you.:)

Well when i play my warrior i just love to pull the little smurfs with my axe... this pull has insane range. You will NOT get away from it... the consequence of this is: You eat all that damage, arcane Maul-Tanks have around 700dmg with correct pet and, passive dmg and VB... even with ent. hammer lvl40 you easily get over 450dmg.

So i tell you the truth: The only real chance of killing the warrior is the second when he charges HOR with low health... so you have to know when he is low and then you have stun/panic and deal all your damage. The smart warrior will adapt to this and charge the HOR earlier and you CAN NOT take em down in 8 seconds when the next HOR is ready. If its gettin worse for the warrior he will just charge Jugger at the beginning and switch it to HOR. The mage will run out of mana and the warrior finishs him off!

As mage you need an arcane staff and a samael... If timing is with you and against the warrior, he gets stunned/aborted while charging HOR and then you win and this is the only way to win this!

Instanthumor
04-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Well when i play my warrior i just love to pull the little smurfs with my axe... this pull has insane range. You will NOT get away from it... the consequence of this is: You eat all that damage, arcane Maul-Tanks have around 700dmg with correct pet and, passive dmg and VB... even with ent. hammer lvl40 you easily get over 450dmg.

So i tell you the truth: The only real chance of killing the warrior is the second when he charges HOR with low health... so you have to know when he is low and then you have stun/panic and deal all your damage. The smart warrior will adapt to this and charge the HOR earlier and you CAN NOT take em down in 8 seconds when the next HOR is ready. If its gettin worse for the warrior he will just charge Jugger at the beginning and switch it to HOR. The mage will run out of mana and the warrior finishs him off!

As mage you need an arcane staff and a samael... If timing is with you and against the warrior, he gets stunned/aborted while charging HOR and then you win and this is the only way to win this!

Most warriors don't use Windmill in PvP, especially in 1v1's. That leaves them to pick 2 attack skills (maybe 3 in some occasions) which include Axe Throw, Skyward Smash, or Chest Splitter. No one said anything about evading the pull from Axe Throw, but when you keep your distance against the warrior opponent, that makes the warrior less likely to hit you with his/her DPS attacks and Chest Splitter, which makes a big difference.

Nowadays, I see less warriors use VB. Instead, they use another attack skill. Speaking from a warrior perspective (I am a warrior as well), the only reason I would use VB would be the mana gain, and maybe the extra increase in your crit percentage. Honestly, I don't really see that huge of a difference in damage output when VB is activated, but now, since most players have Samael, or even Valkin, you don't need a mana regen skill, and can replace that with another attack skill. I honestly never run out of mana in a 5v5 clash, and 500 HP doesn't make much of a difference to me anymore. This way, I can use Axe Throw, Skyward Smash, AND Chest Splitter, and the feeble from both Axe Throw and Chest Splitter makes it so much more easier for me as a warrior.

It doesn't matter how much 'damage' a warrior has on his/her stat page; what matters most is the damage output, and sorcerers have way more damage output than any warrior.

So now I will tell you the truth: The only way to defeat the tank is to out-tank the tank. You need to learn to survive enough and dish incredible damage at the same time. Endure the battle, and once your warrior opponent's Juggernaut ability wears off (and if he/she manages to squish in one more heal), the warrior will die.

I would like to remind you that an arcane staff and Samael are recommended to defeat a warrior. I have to admit, mauls this season (without Samael or any other panic pet i.e. Slag) are surprisingly easier to kill. You should still be more worried about killing a glaive. You do not have to rely on stuns to win in a cheap way (by canceling their heal), that shows you have no skills at all, just luck. What plays a key role is skill and experience when VSing a warrior. If you got no skill, then I highly suggest you to step out of the 1v1 rooms and go practice.

Robhawk
04-03-2014, 06:19 AM
You do not have to rely on stuns to win in a cheap way (by canceling their heal), that shows you have no skills at all, just luck. What plays a key role is skill and experience when VSing a warrior. If you got no skill, then I highly suggest you to step out of the 1v1 rooms and go practice.

1. Sorry that i only have around 18k PVP kills, how can i have any experience in PvP ?!?!
2. All fights i saw you 1vs warrior you lost, most times not even close... How many times you win vs a skilled good geared warrior? 1 out 20 because he failed the heal 1 time? LMAO!
3. You know the day i told you to stop gifting me your 50 crap silver items but you didnt stop?
4. Is this your way to treat guildies? Obviously yes -> HF - TY and welcome to my ignorelist!

overpowermage
04-03-2014, 06:44 AM
Seems like warrior is good,maybe I should create overpowerwarrior?LOL
Unfortunately now I seldom online,feeling lazy......

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Instanthumor
04-03-2014, 04:11 PM
1. Sorry that i only have around 18k PVP kills, how can i have any experience in PvP ?!?!
2. All fights i saw you 1vs warrior you lost, most times not even close... How many times you win vs a skilled good geared warrior? 1 out 20 because he failed the heal 1 time? LMAO!
3. You know the day i told you to stop gifting me your 50 crap silver items but you didnt stop?
4. Is this your way to treat guildies? Obviously yes -> HF - TY and welcome to my ignorelist!

1.) Just because you have a ridiculous amount of kills doesn't mean anything. Sure, you can ks, or kite well, but in this situation, I'm talking about 1v1's.

2.) Come online this weekend, I will party you and another random warrior and I will show you. At this time, you're just flaming this thread, I do not (no one else either) need your pointless comments which doesn't even relate to the topic. We are talking about a way to kill warriors in 1v1, please stick to it. After our meeting this weekend, feel free to post your experience.

3.) Free gold, suck it up or reject gifts.

4.) What do you mean, how am I treating a guildie bad? I think you are the one that is over-reacting and exaggerating here.

Thank you

Robhawk
04-04-2014, 02:56 AM
1.) Just because you have a ridiculous amount of kills doesn't mean anything. Sure, you can ks, or kite well, but in this situation, I'm talking about 1v1's.

2.) Come online this weekend, I will party you and another random warrior and I will show you. At this time, you're just flaming this thread, I do not (no one else either) need your pointless comments which doesn't even relate to the topic. We are talking about a way to kill warriors in 1v1, please stick to it. After our meeting this weekend, feel free to post your experience.

So just to get the point, what is a randon warrior in your oppinion? A warrior that doesnt play Pvp that much? Well i can kill those too... or do you we speak of the experienced PVP-warriors like Dschards or Wolfthebad or some of the decent warriors of magnum? Try Brazzballss with arcane Maul, i cant stand this guy but he is very good at pvp and i bet you wont kill him ONCE out of 100! You want to be top skilled mage so you have to face and BEAT a top warrior with Maul and YOU WONT KILL HIM BECAUSE THE WARRIOR OWNS THE MAGE CLASS - IS IT THAT HARD TO UNDERASTAND?

I dont need a party with you because i know you will not kill any of the warriors i bring in your ring! Also im not flaming your thread you are just a bit jaunty and i just want to tell th other mages that when they lose 1vs warrior that it doesnt mean they are bad. Its just how this game is made and when arcane Maul with 700+dmg and Samael comes for the little tiny smurf the consequence will be that you are dead - P E R I O D ! I)ts just only the heal, warrior heals every 7.5 seconds to FULL HEALTH... How long is the cooldown of smurfs heal? Does it heal all health? So the cooldown takes double time and it doesnt heal to full health? Yes ? So what are you talkin about in this thread? Its just a waste of time! You have little chances with a kerhsal and samael but not as "only full myth"... What you write in this thread sounds like " i kill all those warriors bring em on" So all other mages think :"oh wow i cant beat those but instanthumour has to be the greatest mage ever!" -> LMAOOOO !!!

Another thing: When someone tells you to to stop spamming your crap items you should just stop and dont continue and laugh! Only ******* do this!

@ all other "normal" mages: Dont bother when losing to a warrior - its not your lack of skill as Mr instanthumour is trying to tell you, its the different classes and how the game is made! Try to kill the rogues 1on1 that should be easier because? Yes because the game is made that way!

EDIT: When you have those stats and good skills then you can kill even the top warriors at 1on1! But this is arcane weapon, arcane ring and arcane pet! and NO this mage isnt buffed by anything else!

Anarchist
05-12-2014, 01:02 AM
If you need a war for practice count me in Instant i am always willing to fight with the stronger ones and learn some tricks :)

Maliath or Marshusband.

Instanthumor
05-12-2014, 01:04 AM
If you need a war for practice count me in Instant.

Maliath or Marshusband.

This thread is outdated, sorry! I will try to make a new soon! If you need practice against a mage, feel free to contact me at any time!

Lol@Rob's post... I remember looking at it once, then forgot to respond! I guess it wasn't important enough to reply to :p

Anarchist
05-12-2014, 01:06 AM
This thread is outdated, sorry! I will try to make a new soon! If you need practice against a mage, feel free to contact me at any time!

My gears are currently upgrading i hope you are on in 4-5 hrs :)

Instanthumor
05-12-2014, 01:11 AM
My gears are currently upgrading i hope you are on in 4-5 hrs :)

I sleep in 4-5 hours :) I'm available now! Lol

Mucsi
05-12-2014, 01:17 AM
Nice guide.. but doesnt matter if warrior using jugger..

Instanthumor
05-12-2014, 01:21 AM
Nice guide.. but doesnt matter if warrior using jugger..

That's what you think.

Alhuntrazeck
05-12-2014, 03:16 AM
Thing is, warriors this season hit like rogues with the new magmatic claymore. Right now, its nearly impossible to kill a switching warrior, and one who doesn't switch still packs a punch aand lasts long.

I know tanks with 6.8k HP, 400 damage and 1.9k armor - and the magma's skill damage is way high. Proof? My l40 warrior in Tarlok's hits about 100-200 damage less than my mythic l41 mage (not including crits) and has double HP and nearly double armor. Something must be wrong here...

ody style
05-12-2014, 09:45 PM
delete lol

Instanthumor
05-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Thing is, warriors this season hit like rogues with the new magmatic claymore. Right now, its nearly impossible to kill a switching warrior, and one who doesn't switch still packs a punch aand lasts long.

I know tanks with 6.8k HP, 400 damage and 1.9k armor - and the magma's skill damage is way high. Proof? My l40 warrior in Tarlok's hits about 100-200 damage less than my mythic l41 mage (not including crits) and has double HP and nearly double armor. Something must be wrong here...

It's almost impossible without a Kershal :)

If you have Kershal and follow the guide, claymore and maulers are food :)

With an expedition gun, I can kill a warrior in 5 seconds. Charge Fireball (stun), charge lightning, tap ice, activate Samael arcane ability, combo again. GG warriors. It works EVERY time (when Samael works).

will0
05-12-2014, 11:40 PM
It's almost impossible without a Kershal :)

If you have Kershal and follow the guide, claymore and maulers are food :)

With an expedition gun, I can kill a warrior in 5 seconds. Charge Fireball (stun), charge lightning, tap ice, activate Samael arcane ability, combo again. GG warriors. It works EVERY time (when Samael works).

why do you need to charge lightning? you have the 25% chance to stun addon?

Instanthumor
05-12-2014, 11:46 PM
why do you need to charge lightning? you have the 25% chance to stun addon?

Yes, I now do. I've grown to like it very much, you'd be surprised how often it saves your life. Not only that, there is a significant damage increase on a critical hit when you charge your Lightning (in my eyes).

Instanthumor
05-13-2014, 03:51 AM
Guide: Mage Kills The Maul! Part II - Coming tomorrow (thread is half-way done)!

Alhuntrazeck
05-13-2014, 04:57 AM
Charged lightning hits significantly higher. In my fire lightning shield heal build, I charge lightning once stun immunity ticks in because a charged lightning hits so much harder than tapped lightning and charged fireball.

Instanthumor
05-14-2014, 03:20 AM
It's published! Feel free to voice your thoughts!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?154519-Guide-The-Mage-Kills-The-Maul!-Part-II&p=1638283#post1638283

UndeadJudge
05-14-2014, 03:25 PM
Lol tried doing a vs with a warrior with my curse build..worst battle ever. He didn't even hit me, just stood there for 5min used horn jugg and vb, then I ran out of 4k mana LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instanthumor
05-14-2014, 03:33 PM
Lol tried doing a vs with a warrior with my curse build..worst battle ever. He didn't even hit me, just stood there for 5min used horn jugg and vb, then I ran out of 4k mana LOL.

Tell me, how effective is Curse against a stationary warrior? Common sense dude...

UndeadJudge
05-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Tell me, how effective is Curse against a stationary warrior? Common sense dude...

I didn't use curse actually, I never bother vs
warrior. I meant I had a curse spec and only 2 attack skills. Had shield fb light and heal on HUD.

radagan
06-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Really nice guide :),I killed muthic warrior with legendary gear because this guide,he doesnt have maul but..mythic warrior is nice

conradev
07-14-2014, 06:15 PM
Utter garbage...and totally expected given the things you had to say about switching skills 2 months ago.

conradev
07-14-2014, 06:18 PM

I killed an Mauler with Samael yesterday using a rare weapon and have video to prove it.

conradev
07-14-2014, 06:29 PM
I keep reading stuff about "unfair" and "what I'd like to see in next update" but in reality...all STS had to do to bridge gap between mages and other classes in PVP was allow natural course of best tactics become more prevalent. Many mages were getting on bored with switching skills and there was proof all around that this was the best method to being adequate and even powerful in PVP. Alas...the forum crying took away the regular switching methods and the majority of mages have no chance outside of gear and gang to be decent in PVP....those of us who were already among the best mage PVP have found ways to remain powerful but those who failed to get on bored before arent likely to be able to master the switching techniques we use now. So the crybabies are still crying because they are weak (like I said they would) and all that was accomplished was the top mages game got a little tougher and the 99.9% of non-crying mages will remain limited by gear and ganging until they meet one of us undiscouraged non-crying mages who still skill switch and ask us for help. At which point they will leave the crybaby's guilds' and join us in beating the crybaby mages into a cry frenzy so fierce that not even STS will listen to them for once and they will hopefully do us all a favor and switch classes or quit game.

radagan
10-21-2014, 12:19 AM
This should get sticky..

Ehrzaa
11-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Hello squishy mages of AL! Ever since PvP came out, there was always the problem that mages could never kill a skilled warrior in a 1v1. Well I've come here with a solution.

First off, you need THE build, and THE build consists of the following:

4/5 Shield - without the knockback
4/5 Fireball - without the increased range upgrade
3/5 Lightning - with the increased damage upgrade and the additional damage on crit upgrade
3/5 Frost - with Jagged Ice and Shiver upgrades (I believe they are the DoT and increased freeze/stun upgrades)
2/5 Lifegiver - with the mana upgrade (the mana upgrade is optional)

5/5 INT
5/5 STR
5/5 DEX
5/5 Crit
4/5 Damage

If you hadn't noticed, the use of five skills is essential. Note that I am not promoting any form of hotkeys or whatever, but the use of five skills is a tactic. If you want to argue with the fact that the use of five skills is a tactic or not, please flame the other 'five skill' threads and not this one. I would appreciate that very much.

Gear (edited):

Mythic/arcane gear is HIGHLY recommended, but I am not saying that it is impossible to kill a warrior without full mythics and arcanes. For in fact, it is possible. The current equips I use are the Expedition Rifle of Brutality (notice it is of 'Brutality' and not of 'Assault'; remember, 100+ hp > 3.0 damage), upgraded mythic helm and armor, Archon Ring of Brutality (INT/STR), and Tarlok Heart of Brutality (surprisingly enough, the Archon ring and the Tarlok amulet is still pretty top notch for this season. Of course, you can get yourself an Archon ring Lv. 40-41 now, and the only amulet comparable to the Tarlok amulet is the Lunar pendant, however, Tarlok amulet gives more HP and a slight armor bonus sufficing little damage and some crit, which is pretty useful. Remember, tank the tank). And even with these lame equips, killing a warrior 1v1 is more than possible. Note that every item I used have some form of the STR stat in it. The STR stat is really, really important for us mages. Not only is it the main source of HP, but it helps our shield last longer. Even against warriors, our shields do not last the full 15 seconds, since warriors can dish out so much damage nowadays. For more information about the Arcane Shield, feel free to visit this thread. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?96812-Arcane-Shield-How-it-works-as-of-5-7-13

Pet:

Any pet that gives a decent amount of INT, damage, STR, or crit is great. The best pet against a warrior would be, without a doubt, Samael. This is more of a personal preference, but I absolutely love to use Colton. Even though it slightly lacks HP, it works wonders, with the arcane ability to give 15% crit for 6 seconds and it has a great passive attack that has a very high chance to stun (this has saved my life numeral times). Unfortunately, I'd like to emphasize that Slag or Grimm are not very good pets to use against a warrior in 1v1. Even though Slag gives more movement speed, and even though it stuns well, it gives absolutely no crit at all. When 1v1ing a warrior, crit is your BFFF, and I mean it. If I were given the option to use HJ, Glacian, Colton, or even the Whim Bros, I would take Colton without hesitation. And good news, Colton has become less than 100k, so it is relatively affordable!

EDIT: Shadowlurk is superior to Colton in my opinion. You can easily finish off any warrior that underestimates your damage output in less than 2 seconds! The 20% crit and 20% damage buff from Shadowlurk is heaven. However unlike Colton, Shadowlurk has no stun on its passive ability, so you can't rely on Colton's lucky stun.

The Fight:

This is the most important part of this guide. How to fight the warrior. On your skill HUD, start of with the following skills: Shield, Lightning, Ice, and Fireball. At the 'Go', tap the arcane ability of Colton (let's say you are using Colton), charge Lightning, tap Ice, charge Fireball. It is important to always charge Fireball because charged Fireball decreases the hit chance of the warrior by a whooping 25%. It makes a big difference in the long run. After you charged Lightning, tapped Ice, and charged Fireball, do it again. Note to yourself, the only time you should charge Lightning is when Colton's arcane ability is active, which will inflict devastating damage upon opponent at the critical hit. Now by this time, the warrior would heal, and cast their two seconds of invulnerability. Always keep your distance from the target. This will help so that the warrior won't have much effect for DPS attacks, and hopefully, the maul will not proc AT you. You can also evade certain skills such as Chest Splitter or Windmill. So by the time the warrior cast his heal, you should be around 20-50% HP. When you are at 20-35% HP, this is when you charge your beloved shield. Next, QUICKLY switch skills (switch the shield with Lifegiver). Note that one false misclick might result in your defeat. As soon as you switch to Lifegiver and exited the skill menu, charge heal, cast it, and pray a thousand times that the warrior will not stun you in this period. With Colton, I have just about 3-3.2k HP, and charged Lifegiver heals about 70-80% of my health which is a game changer! At this time, tap Lightning, tap Ice, and charge Fireball. Note that you should always hit Lightning first, then Ice. This is because Lightning is your primary attack/damage skill, and Ice deals the second most damage. At this point of time, Colton's arcane ability will probably finish cooling down, so activate it, charge Lightning, tap Ice, charge Fireball, and repeat these three steps. By the time you are done, the warrior's Juggernaut had probably ended. Now the reason why you do not activate shield in the beginning of the battle is because it will be a waste. You will be able to absorb more damage using shield later, than using it in the beginning. I hope you understood that, for it is very important. Also, don't forget to charge your DPS attack every so often inbetween skill cooldowns. This will bring a slight change up to the game, for most mythic weapons have a slight stun on a charged attack, and I find that I proc way more often on a charged attack, than I do on a regular attack. After a bit more skill spamming, charge your heal again when your HP reaches 20-35% and QUICKLY switch skills again (switch Lifegiver with shield). Activate the shield, and use the two seconds of invulnerability to your advantage, and switch the skills again (switch shield and Lifegiver). Note that the ONLY time you can actually kill the warrior is the time period between them charging their Horn of Renew and the time before their two seconds of invulnerability shield appears. Basically, the strategy here is to tank out the tank while dishing insane damage at the same time. Pray for crits, it helps.

Interesting comments by others:

As you can see, tanks are possible to kill in 1v1's! You just need great timing and much luck (crit helps).

EDIT: Most average mauls are beatable! If you score enough crits, have a general idea of what you are doing, and if they don't proc 5 times in a row, it's easier than killing a rogue! On the other hand, against glaives, I didn't have as good results, but honestly, I didn't get enough testing time vsing glaives and will get back to y'all shortly.

Now I want all you mages out there to have fun and kick some warrior butt! (Not mine, of course)

I also want to shout some thank-you's to a few individuals. They might not know what they've done for me, but I have listened to each one of them at some point in time, and they all gave interesting points! So special thanks to Jon (Curse/Scar), Arrypotta, Lia (because she's so pro), Grimmy, Alhunt, and Woofcookie (he quit and I didn't even get to say my farewells).

Thank you for taking the time to read the thread, and I would appreciate it if you all won't rant about the use of five skills, etc. :)
But how if warrior usng maul and this skill : venge,jugg,heal,skyward

Hope u got solution ^^
That my skill vs with all mage

Instanthumor
11-09-2014, 05:58 PM

Hope u got solution ^^

That's easy

Raselph
11-10-2014, 09:04 AM
actually...the DMG 5/5 is useless..it never increased my DMG

SOLUTIONS PLZ???

Alhuntrazeck
11-10-2014, 10:16 AM

Hope u got solution ^^
If the warrior has 1 attack skill its a piece of cake. You need to outlast jugg and bam thats it

xutreuqux
12-05-2014, 03:22 AM
Warrs with sam and 41 bonesaw and many paras jugg, axe throws me, smashes me, attack me twice, im dead while stunned