PDA

View Full Version : The mechanics of a good team

Arterra
11-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Two examples for making a good team: one where there is control and one with no control.

So I hosted a game since it was a slow night, and got a nice distribution of tanks and birds. I was only Mage, ok stick to str.
-did DES, mynas, Gurg well.
-when going for Ol a lv49 bear I thought was ok said he couldnt buy pot. I said Ok then, but I can only rev do much. Still, killed the Ol nicely. Forgiven.
-awesome team, wish It hadn't been 1am for me... Had to leave.

Team problem:
-in a random game with host gone.
-so far so good, couple of noobs but not arrogant ones.
-at keeper we get to problems, try rushing but of course team wipes. So I suggest we clear.
-everyone but one guy spawns, and clear place. I ask what's up why don't u spawn. No answer. Thought afk.
-I say. Watch this! And revive. He immediately spawns and runs to keeper.
-I start calling him out and refuse to halp with keeper until he leaves. Lost another member before he left, but at least did keeper and taught him a damn lesson.

Lesrider
11-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I don't bother with games unless I or a friend is host.

Last night, I said we were potting up for OL. Everyone potted up except one guy, who just ignored us. We waited, told him to pot up. Instead he just ignores us and commences to head to OL with the group. We told him to pot up or get booted. Still no pot, so at OL I booted him. We easily killed OL without the leech.

Cascade
11-29-2010, 11:31 AM
1)Get all lvl 50s
2)All of them need to have at least a couple pieces of Void, Cosmos, or Rift(Preferrably full gear)
3)Desert, King Mynas, OL (Forget Gurgox and Keeper because most of their stuff sells for under or a little above 100k sadly)
4)Make you own game.
5)Make sure you know they are skilled players before you start playing.

Cascade
11-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I don't bother with games unless I or a friend is host.

Last night, I said we were potting up for OL. Everyone potted up except one guy, who just ignored us. We waited, told him to pot up. Instead he just ignores us and commences to head to OL with the group. We told him to pot up or get booted. Still no pot, so at OL I booted him. We easily killed OL without the leech.

Sorry for double post....That was wrong to do...if the guy doesn't need pots then good for him that means he's more skilled than you :P Just because he didn't pot that doesn't make him a leach.

Arterra
11-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Sorry for double post....That was wrong to do...if the guy doesn't need pots then good for him that means he's more skilled than you :P Just because he didn't pot that doesn't make him a leach.

Hecould have said something. People who just remain quite are just screaming noob trying to hide it. No reason to.

Lesrider
11-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Yeah, it's more the silence than anything that bothered me. If he explained himself, I might have been ok with it and seen how he did at OL. But i wasn't going to let everyone waste pots and let him get off scott-free without even saying a word.

And it has nothing to do with being a better or worse player. Tank pot makes OL go down a lot easier, and if the entire team is potting up, you either do so or leave before everyone else is potted up. At the VERY LEAST, explain yourself, so the team can make a decision. Don't just decide that you're not gonna spend money while everyone else does.

Riccits
11-29-2010, 11:54 AM
test ur team!

do keeper first and u ll c how much dps u do with it:

- killing keeper before mana shield up: good team
- killing keeper after first mana shield down: still good team, sometimes happens when at start not all immediatly hitting him
- killing keeper after 2 shields up: average team
- killing keeper after 3 shields up: bad team
- killing keeper after 4 shields up: its better u leave so u dont waste more time.....

i dont waste a pot for OL when i c the team isnt good enough or experienced enough for it....

Htiek
11-29-2010, 12:28 PM
test ur team!

do keeper first and u ll c how much dps u do with it:

- killing keeper before mana shield up: good team
- killing keeper after first mana shield down: still good team, sometimes happens when at start not all immediatly hitting him
- killing keeper after 2 shields up: average team
- killing keeper after 3 shields up: bad team
- killing keeper after 4 shields up: its better u leave so u dont waste more time.....

i dont waste a pot for OL when i c the team isnt good enough or experienced enough for it....

same as me, i use keeper to test my random team mates

Pharcyde
11-29-2010, 07:49 PM
1)Get all lvl 50s
2)All of them need to have at least a couple pieces of Void, Cosmos, or Rift(Preferrably full gear)
3)Desert, King Mynas, OL (Forget Gurgox and Keeper because most of their stuff sells for under or a little above 100k sadly)
4)Make you own game.
5)Make sure you know they are skilled players before you start playing.

Level and gear doesn't mean a thing if the player is junk at bosses.

I personally don't really have a preference over my farming groups. I generally tank and heal. Sometimes I don't revive my damn stupid team and just solo. I had to solo Overlord the other day because the idiots kept running around blowing all the barrels to get green items. But generally how bad the team is the boss will die because I manage to keep the whole party from splitting down the spine.

When I do get a choice though, I go with this party setup

1 Pally(Me) 4 magablasters.

Lesrider
11-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Yeah, I'm seriously enjoying my new dual wield. If we have a proper tank, I can go int Mage, but if not, my pally totally kicks a** as a tank :)

Fyrce
11-29-2010, 07:54 PM
LOL, is that why Keeper's first? I just always thought everyone wanted to do him first. Now that I'm thinking about it, it's a good test. Most of the time, the team has no problems with getting to or doing Keeper, but once in awhile... Man, it's like a killing spree... for mobs. LOL.

Pharcyde
11-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I'm seriously enjoying my new dual wield. If we have a proper tank, I can go int Mage, but if not, my pally totally kicks a** as a tank :)

Right? When all 3 buffs are in effect I think I only loose like 50 mana per hit :D

giayuan
11-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Team problem:
-in a random game with host gone.
-so far so good, couple of noobs but not arrogant ones.
-at keeper we get to problems, try rushing but of course team wipes. So I suggest we clear.
-everyone but one guy spawns, and clear place. I ask what's up why don't u spawn. No answer. Thought afk.
-I say. Watch this! And revive. He immediately spawns and runs to keeper.
-I start calling him out and refuse to halp with keeper until he leaves. Lost another member before he left, but at least did keeper and taught him a damn lesson.

eheheh....what if the guy actually WAS afk? and when you reved him, he just happened to be back? lolz ;)
unlikely, but very much possible =)

Lesrider
11-29-2010, 07:59 PM
I just did a few runs earlier with three dual wield mages and two megablasting birds. It also went super fast, with almost no deaths. I think the poor bears are useless now. I know I and two other friends have already put our bears to sleep for the winter.

giayuan
11-29-2010, 08:00 PM
my bears still looking to be a high and mighty lvl 50er
unlike yours, my bear is working hard ;)

Arterra
11-29-2010, 08:45 PM
It's official. I did a keeper test on today's hosted game. Found out we had a huge problem with a Mage not dpi g a darn thing and a bear with tendencies to rush in, and a bird who didn't like the taste of pots.

The only real lasting issue was the mage. Of course when doing Ol he afk dead. Booted after fight. Someone remind me to take bad Mage of friend list lol.

I saw crazywhatsitname earlier... Can't remember why I ignored him but remember it was for a good reason. I left the game as soon as I could.

Lesrider
11-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Lol I wish there was a way to keep notes on people so you can leave a game when you see them. There's so many people I've removed from my friends list for one reason or another, but sometimes I forget and end up in a game with them again. Would love a quick reminder why I didn't want them on my friends list.

And I don't want to have to resort to pen and paper for this lol.

chriscw97
11-29-2010, 09:12 PM
what do i need to do to kill the keeper quickly? It takes teamwork right and thier unique skills?

Lesrider
11-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Really just throw everything at him when the shield is down. But it takes longer if the entire team isn't giving it their all.

Pharcyde
11-29-2010, 09:30 PM
what do i need to do to kill the keeper quickly? It takes teamwork right and thier unique skills?

Tip: Theres a red orb outside of the keeper room. Have a nuke mage or mega blaster grab that and go to town on him while sheild is down.

Steverd
11-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Have a nuke mage .

OK, what's a 'Nuke Mage', sould cool..
I want to be a NUKE MAGE!!!

Steverd

Arterra
11-29-2010, 11:04 PM
OK, what's a 'Nuke Mage', sould cool..
I want to be a NUKE MAGE!!!

Steverd

Nuking in general decrees using lots of high damage skills at once. Mages are best at that.