PDA

View Full Version : Exploding traps

otb
02-07-2014, 06:02 AM
The explode upgrade of the traps says it deals "high" damage. Is it worth getting? How high is high? Is it useful for elite maps?

wvhills
02-07-2014, 10:50 AM
not useful. When I use traps I upgrade everything except explode. Same with veil, i use all upgrades except explode. Imo, the points are better used elsewhere.

Slywannas
02-07-2014, 03:37 PM
No, virtually every rogue I know that has traps skipped that upgrade. Take wvhills's advice and spend it elsewhere, passives prob the best option.

Ravager
02-08-2014, 10:21 PM
The explode upgrade of the traps says it deals "high" damage. Is it worth getting? How high is high? Is it useful for elite maps?

Its about the damage of a bleed or slightly more. Weak and not worth it.

otb
02-09-2014, 04:45 AM

So the bleed upgrade is quite useless too? Cuz I have it right now. I have 4/5 traps except explode upgrade. If so, then should I just drop traps altogether and use veil?

otb
02-09-2014, 05:16 AM
oh, and 1 more question about traps, does the bleeding damage stack? for example there are 3 traps under the mob, is the bleeding damage x3?

Ravager
02-09-2014, 05:39 AM

So the bleed upgrade is quite useless too? Cuz I have it right now. I have 4/5 traps except explode upgrade. If so, then should I just drop traps altogether and use veil?

I tried not to upgrade traps too much. The biggest focus of traps is and was the pull. Use more skill points in the passives or skill upgrades. The bleed damage on the traps is weak. Pulling in the mobs and the letting the aoe on the daggers do the damage is more efficient. If you put 4 skill points into traps, its 4 skill points that are going to waste when you fight the boss. Traps on the bosses are generally useless.