PDA

View Full Version : [L36 Rogue PvP]: Potentially Controversial Skill Build

Zeus
02-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Hello, fellow rogues!

With all the 5 skill debate going on for warriors and mages, I thought it was about time to make a build of my own. Also, to anyone who does use a rogue - this build is not useful for skill swapping as rogues do not have the capacity or defense to last a skill swap unless using macros.

Skill Build:

• Shadow Veil (4/5)*
* 3 second duration upgrade
* 20% armor boost upgrade
* 15% damage boost upgrade

• Noxious Bolt (2/5)*
* 15% damage increase upgrade

• Aimed Shot (5/5)*

• Health Packs (5/5)*

• Shadow Piercer (2/5)*
* 75% chance to heal 10% of health upgrade

Passive Build:
• Dexterity (5/5)
• Int (5/5)
• Strength (5/5)
• Critical (2/5)

How to Use Against...:

• Nott (Smurfs):
- Skills Used -
* Packs, Aimed Shot, Veil, Pierce
* Drop Charged Veil & stay inside veil for as long as you can.
* Hit Aimed Shot to boost crit once Nott is in range, regardless of shield invulnerability is up.
* Drop charged packs once your health is at 70%
* Aimed Shot
* Pierce (You can sneak in a charged auto attack before pierce for stun if desired).
* If the smurf has cursed you and also is running a damage build, it is okay to attack. The veil will absorb a majority of curse's effectiveness.

• Warriors:
- Skills Used -
* Veil (or Nox, it depends on the warrior you are fighting)
* Aimed Shot
* Pierce
* Packs
• If using Veil, first drop veil and step inside of it.
• Hit Aimed Shot
• Drop Charged Packs
• Study the warrior, use the animations to tell which skill he is using. If utilizing jugg, do not attack back. When a warrior utilizes jugg, a small potion symbol will appear above his head did a brief second.
• If the warrior is not jugg'd, keep tapping Aimed Shot
* When confident that warrior's health is low, Charge (or tap) aimed shot, followed by shadow pierce.

Rogue:
- Skills Used -
* Aimed Shot
* Noxious Bolt
* Packs
* Piercer
- How to Use -
* Aimed Shot
* Nox
* Eat packs as needed
* Use Shadow Pierce for the KO or if your packs are used up. Never pierce away from your packs unless confident that you will KO the rogue.

Recommended Pets:
* Malison
* Valkin
* Samael
* Hammerjaw
* Glacian
* Singe

I would recommend crit pets to boost up the crit you lost from not maxing out the critical passive. Of course, Samael and Glacian can be the most effective with Valkin coming a close 2nd/3rd.

* = One point is used for activating the skill itself.

Cheers!

PS: Apologies for any typos, I typed this on mobile. When I can, I will revise using laptop.
PS: For bow users, you can try Postulate's suggestion:
I like to pack, bow stun then , and then veil.

Solid
02-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Are macros even allowed?

Also how do you accurately differentiate between a jugg and vb.

Zeus
02-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Are macros even allowed?

Scripts can be written, wether they are allowed or not - I am not sure.

As for your second question, a VB will have red circular pulses and it will not have the potion symbol on initial buff. Jugg looks nearly identical except it does not have the red circular pulses and upon activating it, a blue potion symbol will briefly appear over the warrior's avatar/head.

Also, to add on. Veil is EXTREMELY useful in a 5v5, so fellow rogues, let's not forget our PvE skills!

As an added bonus, this build can be used for farming elites which lessens the need to respec unless one is aiming for timed records.

Solid
02-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Scripts can be written, wether they are allowed or not - I am not sure.

As for your second question, a VB will have red circular pulses and it will not have the potion symbol on initial buff. Jugg looks nearly identical except it does not have the red circular pulses and upon activating it, a blue potion symbol will briefly appear over the warrior's avatar/head.

Also, to add on. Veil is EXTREMELY useful in a 5v5, so fellow rogues, let's not forget our PvE skills!

As an added bonus, this build can be used for farming elites which lessens the need to respec unless one is aiming for timed records.

By potion symbol, do you mean the symbol that appears on the party screen?

Zeus
02-07-2014, 05:35 PM
By potion symbol, do you mean the symbol that appears on the party screen?

No, it is an animation that happens DIRECTLY over the head of a warrior. It is very brief, so make sure you are always paying attention.

Also, typically, warriors do not use VB and Jugg at the same time from my experience, so if you see VB, jugg is most likely not running.

kinzmet
02-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Another epic idea by Zeus, I never thought of skill swapping for rogues. I can't write macro though, and I dont think its not allowed.

PS: Can you share your macro? :P

Zeus
02-07-2014, 11:05 PM
Another epic idea by Zeus, I never thought of skill swapping for rogues. I can't write macro though, and I dont think its not allowed.

PS: Can you share your macro? :P

I refuse to macro, sorry! :p

I'm actually a big advocate against them in this particular MMO because the last thing we need is different devices having distinct advantages over other devices. If it was just available on computer, then it would be fine as the macros are available to all.

However, in this case they are not so I refuse to macro in this game. :)

Instanthumor
02-07-2014, 11:38 PM
Also, typically, warriors do not use VB and Jugg at the same time from my experience, so if you see VB, jugg is most likely not running.

This is false for most warrior, then again, it depends on the timing of the activation of each skill. Usually warriors will automatically activate VB at the end of its cooldown, and activate Jugg when needed.

Zeus
02-07-2014, 11:54 PM
This is false for most warrior, then again, it depends on the timing of the activation of each skill. Usually warriors will automatically activate VB at the end of its cooldown, and activate Jugg when needed.

From the warriors I've fought, they've always activated VB early, followed with a HoR when needed & then use Juggernaut as their backup if their health drops low.

Then again, some warriors may use Jugg to avoid stuns but the warriors I have fought use it to keep themselves alive.

Just personal perspective. A lot has changed since you last used your warrior, Instant. :)

Another way to test if Jug is running is to look at your pet damage. The last time I checked, when it's running - pet damage is severely reduced. So, if you missed the notifier, all hope is not lost. There is still plenty of other keys to tell you when it is active and when it is not.

Valkiryas
02-07-2014, 11:59 PM
Nice Guide!

I always use the single Combo Aim + Nox + Shadow Piercer, Now I'll try the one!

Thanks! :)

kinzmet
02-08-2014, 12:25 AM
I refuse to macro, sorry! :p

I'm actually a big advocate against them in this particular MMO because the last thing we need is different devices having distinct advantages over other devices. If it was just available on computer, then it would be fine as the macros are available to all.

However, in this case they are not so I refuse to macro in this game. :)

No worries, Idk that your against macros (in this game) :P
Anyway I respeced and tried your combo, the result are:
Against smurffs : It kills them a bit slower but the cursed mages were easy.
Against rogues : Wrong taps/clicks always kills me XD
Against warriors : This is where it was most effective, thanks !

With all the pressing I was about to evolve a third thumb! lol

Zeus
02-08-2014, 01:03 AM
No worries, Idk that your against macros (in this game) :P
Anyway I respeced and tried your combo, the result are:
Against smurffs : It kills them a bit slower but the cursed mages were easy.
Against rogues : Wrong taps/clicks always kills me XD
Against warriors : This is where it was most effective, thanks !

With all the pressing I was about to evolve a third thumb! lol

Hehe, for rogue vs. rogue, you just switch to the traditional Aimed Shot, Noxious Bolt, Shadow Pierce, Packs build (since you do have 5 skills).

Glad that you found it helpful, dude!

kinzmet
02-08-2014, 01:19 AM
Hehe, for rogue vs. rogue, you just switch to the traditional Aimed Shot, Noxious Bolt, Shadow Pierce, Packs build (since you do have 5 skills).

Glad that you found it helpful, dude!

Yeah thanks!
I just wanna add, after 5 rounds with a warrior friend he figures something- now goes out of the smoke and pull me out (axe throw), he said "Your like rikimaru of DoTA, so I wont stay inside your smoke".

Your build is a real surpprise against a traditional warrior build so keep it up! Thanks again :)

Zeus
02-08-2014, 01:26 AM
Yeah thanks!
I just wanna add, after 5 rounds with a warrior friend he figures something- now goes out of the smoke and pull me out (axe throw), he said "Your like rikimaru of DoTA, so I wont stay inside your smoke".

Your build is a real surpprise against a traditional warrior build so keep it up! Thanks again :)

That's when you switch to Nox and make him adapt to that. :p

kinzmet
02-08-2014, 01:40 AM
That's when you switch to Nox and make him adapt to that. :p

Thats exactly what I did! :-p
Another was charged Shadow pierce to go through him then pack/or veil again. This build is diversed that I can change combos quickly (now that a third thumb has evolved)

Instanthumor
02-08-2014, 03:01 AM
From the warriors I've fought, they've always activated VB early, followed with a HoR when needed & then use Juggernaut as their backup if their health drops low.

Then again, some warriors may use Jugg to avoid stuns but the warriors I have fought use it to keep themselves alive.

Just personal perspective. A lot has changed since you last used your warrior, Instant. :)

Another way to test if Jug is running is to look at your pet damage. The last time I checked, when it's running - pet damage is severely reduced. So, if you missed the notifier, all hope is not lost. There is still plenty of other keys to tell you when it is active and when it is not.

Well yes, this is true... Now this is the part where you cough delete cough ask cough thread cough lol :D

Bless
02-08-2014, 06:33 AM
I'd promote secrecy of any build but since it has been shared, this is an especially good build if you are up against curse mages because that extra armor and damage helps.

Thanks for thinking up this build Parth. I merged it with my previous build to maximise efficiency and it does work good.

Zeus
02-08-2014, 11:31 AM
I'd promote secrecy of any build but since it has been shared, this is an especially good build if you are up against curse mages because that extra armor and damage helps.

Thanks for thinking up this build Parth. I merged it with my previous build to maximise efficiency and it does work good.

Smurfs are going to hate me more than ever! Wah! :( Also, you're very welcome. :)

Ebezaanec
02-08-2014, 12:54 PM
Juggernaut looks like a gray ring pulsing inwards towards the warrior.

Vengeful Blood looks like a wide, gray circle that pulses outwards.

But if it helps stump rogues, I'm happy :p

Zeus
02-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Juggernaut looks like a gray ring pulsing inwards towards the warrior.

Vengeful Blood looks like a wide, gray circle that pulses outwards.

But if it helps stump rogues, I'm happy :p

It looks red on some screens. O_O

But yeah, this is correct! Thanks Ebe!

Gameplay
02-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Are macros even allowed?

this is veng, looks like rings are coming towards you

veng looks like your exerting pressure

Zeus
02-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Used the build some more today versus mages, lets say even if they were using 5 or 6 skills - I rarely died.

Now, against Arrypotta... that's a different story considering he's rocking 1000 DPS.

Imjebus
02-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Used the build some more today versus mages, lets say even if they were using 5 or 6 skills - I rarely died.

Now, against Arrypotta... that's a different story considering he's rocking 1000 DPS.

Arry's DPS is insane. It strikes fear into everyone.

Sariita
02-08-2014, 06:31 PM

Now, against Arrypotta... that's a different story considering he's rocking 1000000k DPS.
Fixed :) He has an insane DPS...

Zeus
02-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Arry's DPS is insane. It strikes fear into everyone.

Haha, it's not only that but he really understands a sorcerer unlike most geared sorcs. So, he's able to fight very very very well.

Imjebus
02-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Haha, it's not only that but he really understands a sorcerer unlike most geared sorcs. So, he's able to fight very very very well.

Exactly xD it's basically a double wammy :P

notfaded1
02-10-2014, 09:52 AM
So ur keeping this build even when you go back to Farm Shuyal or do you respec anyhow? 1000 DPS O.o... I'm stayin' away from him...and I thought 800 was high :^}
Also ur upgraded PvE builds workin' good after I added crit back in... thnx again brother.

cutekilllller
02-11-2014, 11:31 AM
What about the basic points?

Zeus
02-11-2014, 12:29 PM
What about the basic points?

I specified in the guide where to put the points.

Azepeiete
02-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Meh i used to use this build (with points a bit different) but i disliked it. To each his own eh

falmear
02-12-2014, 02:18 PM
What I like about this build is dropping packs at 70% gives mages a chance to cancel rogues packs with a stun. Hopefully more people run this build.

Zeus
02-12-2014, 03:05 PM
What I like about this build is dropping packs at 70% gives mages a chance to cancel rogues packs with a stun. Hopefully more people run this build.

If you're smart, you wait it out. You can throw the packs first, but I've found waiting out the stun to be far more effective. In the mean time, veil will allow you to survive the onslaught of spells. Additionally, failed spells are able to be predicted, so if you're failing your skills - it is your own fault.

If you'd like, I can versus you to show this to be true.

Solid
02-12-2014, 03:57 PM
If you're smart, you wait it out. You can throw the packs first, but I've found waiting out the stun to be far more effective. In the mean time, veil will allow you to survive the onslaught of spells. Additionally, failed spells are able to be predicted, so if you're failing your skills - it is your own fault.

If you'd like, I can versus you to show this to be true.

inkredible
02-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Are macros even allowed?

raised his hand in the air ..(jugg without taunt) - doesnt do a circle flash
raised his hand in the air t (VB )- blinking circle

jugg with taunt - double halo

inkredible
02-12-2014, 04:17 PM
this is veng, looks like rings are coming towards you

veng looks like your exerting pressure

lol first picture is juggernaut with taunt.. however if u didnt have taunt.. u wont see any circle around the character.. which make it harder
for people to know when jugg is done.. unless you count accurately.. or i suppose.. guess.. but .. a warrior can hide it..what i mean by that. is using venge and jugg at the same time
or using jugg then quickly tappin a skill.. some ppl at an intense fight u wont even tell they used jugg.

Zeus
02-12-2014, 06:53 PM

That works well for non dagger rouges. Thanks for that comment! I've only tested it out on a dagger build but after testing your way on a bow build (I rarely use bow), it does work well.

Zeus
02-12-2014, 06:55 PM
raised his hand in the air ..(jugg without taunt) - doesnt do a circle flash
raised his hand in the air t (VB )- blinking circle

jugg with taunt - double halo

Thanks, Ink! I was wondering why Ravager's jugg didn't show the pulling in circle. It makes sense now.

Azepeiete
02-12-2014, 07:04 PM
The trick to arrypotta is lasting through his stunlock...our last bout was 10-8(he did have some lag tho) but i use the following things mostly...this is what i do for all nuke/stunlock mages not just arry
Using nox
-Make sure you count to start dont go on a charged skills
-run up with charged daggers because you are going to be stunned anyway, hopefully he is too.
-try and stunlock as he stunlocks you. Charge packs as soon as free
-start with a charged combo then tap the rest as you grab packs

Using veil rather than nox
-charge veil on go, run up and stun with dags. Try and lock.
-drop packs as soon as possible and combo combo combo
-if the mage is smart like arry and gets away from your veil, charge aim, grab all your packs, and aim pierce combo
-if the mage is dumb and doesnt leave your veil, kill it how you please

Zeus
02-12-2014, 07:07 PM
The trick to arrypotta is lasting through his stunlock...our last bout was 10-8(he did have some lag tho) but i use the following things mostly...this is what i do for all nuke/stunlock mages not just arry
Using nox
-Make sure you count to start dont go on a charged skills
-run up with charged daggers because you are going to be stunned anyway, hopefully he is too.
-try and stunlock as he stunlocks you. Charge packs as soon as free
-start with a charged combo then tap the rest as you grab packs

Using veil rather than nox
-charge veil on go, run up and stun with dags. Try and lock.
-drop packs as soon as possible and combo combo combo
-if the mage is smart like arry and gets away from your veil, charge aim, grab all your packs, and aim pierce combo
-if the mage is dumb and doesnt leave your veil, kill it how you please

Aze, try throwing the veil as far away as possible. The reason why I say this is because mage skills are short range while all our skills are long range. So, mages like Arry will be forced to come close if they want to avoid being sniped.

Lemme know how it works with that strategy.

Azepeiete
02-12-2014, 07:26 PM
Aze, try throwing the veil as far away as possible. The reason why I say this is because mage skills are short range while all our skills are long range. So, mages like Arry will be forced to come close if they want to avoid being sniped.

I wunna fight his singe

Zeus
02-12-2014, 07:35 PM
I wunna fight his singe

It's OP, he nukes me hard. O_O

Instanthumor
02-12-2014, 09:45 PM

I don't think that really works, for me anyways. Even if the skill ranges are short, they still are enough to reach you in the small spawn room. Personally, I find it harder if the rogue drops veil right in the middle of the spawn room. That gives me less running space (then again, I am squisher than Arry), I won't be able to kite as much, and your DPS attack won't reach me as often. Just from my point of view.

Zeus
02-13-2014, 12:04 AM
I don't think that really works, for me anyways. Even if the skill ranges are short, they still are enough to reach you in the small spawn room. Personally, I find it harder if the rogue drops veil right in the middle of the spawn room. That gives me less running space (then again, I am squisher than Arry), I won't be able to kite as much, and your DPS attack won't reach me as often. Just from my point of view.

The difference is, since you have a gun, you have the range. A staff user doesn't have this, so for a staff, it is best to place it as far away as possible from my experience.

Instanthumor
02-13-2014, 01:19 AM
The difference is, since you have a gun, you have the range. A staff user doesn't have this, so for a staff, it is best to place it as far away as possible from my experience.

Against rogues, honestly, the only reason why I use the DPS attack is to proc. That's literally the only reason. Rogues have so much dodge, they don't do much anyways.

Zeus
02-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Against rogues, honestly, the only reason why I use the DPS attack is to proc. That's literally the only reason. Rogues have so much dodge, they don't do much anyways.

It's also a good way to measure if you're in range for your skills. :p

Madnex
02-13-2014, 05:27 PM
:(

I'll get you one day!

Sariita
02-13-2014, 07:48 PM
Omg this looks like my build! o.o