PDA

View Full Version : PL shields

Matutd
02-07-2014, 07:45 PM
I haven't played pl in a while, but when I used to play I would take pride in equipping my pl shield as it was extremely rare. I entered a contest (two actually) to win one of them and actually EARN it. However, I have just been online to find that a good 10% of players that I have seen are wearing them. I've asked around and apparently they were given to people with connection issues or something similar. Now I actually feel stupid wearing it, since I look like one of the people who got one in a way that I feel is totally unfair.

Burningdex
02-07-2014, 07:46 PM
ikr grat shield hasnt been handed out yet :p

also it was given to anyone who has played for 6months

stupid imo

Oldcoot
02-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Point taken, an I feel for ya

NECROREAPER
02-07-2014, 08:13 PM
I haven't played pl in a while, but when I used to play I would take pride in equipping my pl shield as it was extremely rare. I entered a contest (two actually) to win one of them and actually EARN it. However, I have just been online to find that a good 10% of players that I have seen are wearing them. I've asked around and apparently they were given to people with connection issues or something similar. Now I actually feel stupid wearing it, since I look like one of the people who got one in a way that I feel is totally unfair.

I know your feel Matutd, but it is what it is and that's all we can say about it.

Apasara
02-07-2014, 08:14 PM
Sam is still in the middle of releasing a 3 year shield I think. So, us oldies will feel good about wearing that. Don't worry. It'll make up for it.

Babies123
02-07-2014, 08:27 PM
Lol "us oldies". Damn ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jig
02-07-2014, 09:15 PM

Hm?

Rolocolo
02-07-2014, 09:22 PM

Hmm?

xcainnblecterx
02-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Everything seems to get re released. Sure some of us are waiting for angel sets abd droid costumes (thread about droid somewhere) seems only a matter of time tbh.

Apasara
02-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Everything seems to get re released. Sure some of us are waiting for angel sets abd droid costumes (thread about droid somewhere) seems only a matter of time tbh.

Yeh it is possible.

Xyzther
02-07-2014, 10:10 PM
Soon founder deal of day plat 1000

Rolocolo
02-07-2014, 11:37 PM
Xyz i ownt u with 71 blue dragin behr

Xyzther
02-08-2014, 12:59 AM
Xyz i ownt u with 71 blue dragin behr

Wao rusher

Jig
02-08-2014, 05:00 AM
Wao rusher

Cri pleez

Xyzther
02-08-2014, 07:57 AM
Cri pleez

Sob... Sob.... Sob.....

Jig
02-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Sob... Sob.... Sob.....

Dats better, luv u now

LEVEL ONE
02-08-2014, 09:34 AM
I entered a contest (two actually) to win one of them and actually EARN it.

Are you really comparing a mummy quote (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?50034-Mummy-Loves-You!-Submit-your-catchphrases-WINNERS!) to a way how others before you (actually) earned the shield, like Yanis? At the point when you got it, PL shields were not considered "exclusive" anymore, sorry.

vvokzzzzz
02-08-2014, 09:59 AM

Are you really comparing a mummy quote to a way how others before you (actually) earned the shield, like Yanis? At the point when you got it, PL shields were not considered "exclusive" anymore, sorry.
What he said^

NECROREAPER
02-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Are you really comparing a mummy quote (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?50034-Mummy-Loves-You!-Submit-your-catchphrases-WINNERS!) to a way how others before you (actually) earned the shield, like Yanis? At the point when you got it, PL shields were not considered "exclusive" anymore, sorry.

I believe he is, now tell me what the hell you did to EARN your PL shield?

Oldcoot
02-08-2014, 01:56 PM
I won't where mine anymore out of respect for how you guys feel

Edit: I like my log shield better anyway like this guy,
http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q781/oldcootxx/26524035-C648-4583-8486-0387A1C1A813_zpspd2vvvsa.jpg (http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/oldcootxx/media/26524035-C648-4583-8486-0387A1C1A813_zpspd2vvvsa.jpg.html)

LEVEL ONE
02-08-2014, 02:08 PM

Played a dead game for 6 months.

vvokzzzzz
02-08-2014, 05:34 PM

Downloaded the game and stuck with it for over 6 months. That's more than a quote that takes 5min to come up with.

Hahahahabirdy
02-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Downloaded the game and stuck with it for over 6 months. That's more than a quote that takes 5min to come up with.

I'm sorry, I am only about 100% sure everyone who had the shield before they gave it away like candy had played PL for more than six months.

Matutd
02-08-2014, 07:36 PM
And what did you do to get yours? Oh right, nothing, just as I thought. Also, if you read the exact part that you quoted, you would see that I entered two contests, and came runner up before actually winning one. And even if the way I earned it required miniscule effort, it is still unfair to offer a rare contest reward to almost everybody who plays the game. Based on the fact that almost everybody with one put in no effort to acquire one, i put in infinite times more effort than those guys, which if you are aware is a pretty large number.

Extreme
02-08-2014, 08:08 PM

I have to agree with Necro, Matutd did Earn it.

Schnitzel
02-08-2014, 08:37 PM
i hope when Sam gets back to the office, he can do something about this...

Argyros
02-08-2014, 09:13 PM

It does not matter in any way how long it takes you to do something. Matutd still won it over people. It was rare, and the item was exclusive. Now ofc its not. I can relate to this via some other Pl contest lol.

LEVEL ONE
02-09-2014, 03:29 AM
And what did you do to get yours? Oh right, nothing, just as I thought. Also, if you read the exact part that you quoted, you would see that I entered two contests, and came runner up before actually winning one. And even if the way I earned it required miniscule effort, it is still unfair to offer a rare contest reward to almost everybody who plays the game. Based on the fact that almost everybody with one put in no effort to acquire one, i put in infinite times more effort than those guys, which if you are aware is a pretty large number.

Oh, if participating in contests is indeed your only argument, then it fills me with joy to tell you that I attended 3 contests.

All I wanted to say was, that PL shields weren't considered as exclusive anymore after those contests where 8, 11 and 9 shields were given away. And you really shouldn't compare a mummy quote to Haroldiv's video, Tullen's and Kavanah's item designs, Buwanda's cake and especially not to Yanis's effort of listing all pinks.

I'm not saying you didn't deserve it, but contest-wise it was the easiest contest to get one. I'm sure you can agree with me on that.

And for the record, I was against this whole "PL shield for 6 months" thing, and I wouldn't have even posted here if your first post wasn't so emphasized on the "EARN" part.

vvokzzzzz
02-09-2014, 05:14 AM

Oh, if participating in contests is indeed your only argument, then it fills me with joy to tell you that I attended 3 contests.

All I wanted to say was, that PL shields weren't considered as exclusive anymore after those contests where 8, 11 and 9 shields were given away. And you really shouldn't compare a mummy quote to Haroldiv's video, Tullen's and Kavanah's item designs, Buwanda's cake and especially not to Yanis's effort of listing all pinks.

I'm not saying you didn't deserve it, but contest-wise it was the easiest contest to get one. I'm sure you can agree with me on that.

And for the record, I was against this whole "PL shield for 6 months" thing, and I wouldn't have even posted here if your first post wasn't so emphasized on the "EARN" part.
What he said^

LEVEL ONE
02-09-2014, 05:39 AM
OForgot to mention that I completely don't care about the fact that I have a PL shield in the stash, because I can't access the stash on any of my characters anyway.

And as you feel right now about this, the people who got the PL shield before you, felt the same way about those "PL shield giveaway contests".

Matutd
02-09-2014, 05:52 AM

Of course the mummy quote contest was by far the easiest, but there was still competition, and I still had to win over other contestants. Also, as you have just mentioned about some of the efforts that people went theough, you should go ahead and notice that they were also considered when I said that people have earned them. Do you honestly believe that I think I am the only person who had a PL shield before this mess? When I said people that earned them, do you think I was only including myself? If anything, I feel worse for those guys who put in a whole lot of effort, because I know how I feel about the situation having only needed to participate in two contests before earning one. Yes, I said earning, because that's exactly what it was, whether other people earned them in other ways that required more effort or not, it stands that I did actually earn the shield.

LEVEL ONE
02-09-2014, 06:46 AM
/.../they were also considered when I said that people have earned them.

Its all good though. Just dont walk around and scream that "I am the only one who EARNED a PL shield!". Because thats how you sounded like in the first post and I only wanted to adress that, nothing else.

And here is another quote regarding PL shields:

The shields were really, really exclusive back then (referring to the year of 2010) and granted only to realy creative people who won a contest, or we're given away to people who contributed something big for/to the community.

/.../There was a lot of complaining when 8 people got the PL shield in the "Where do you play PL?" contests, and after that the PL shields lost their exclusivity and meaning (imo), especially in contests such as "I don't always X, but when I do Y, because of Z" (9 winners) or the "Mummy loves you!" (11 winners) contest (maybe even more such contests that I'm unaware of?). Nobody even bothered complaining about how they're being handed out anymore. In an ideal world, STS would still be hosting contests, adding new content every 2 months and people wouldn't farm noobs in PVP... But that's obviously not the case./.../

Matutd
02-09-2014, 07:39 AM
Well i apologise if i came across that way, and to be honest I'd rather everyone but the original few have the shields taken off them (including me) than everyone in the game have one. The only items I can think of now that people are amazed to see are founders and droid costume. And then also the "-fnord" name, which I havent seen since probably 2011 or 2012. So making one of the exclusive items available to everyone is just plain stupid in my opinion.

vvokzzzzz
02-09-2014, 07:42 AM
Yea, what that lvl 1 dude said.

Schnitzel
02-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Well i apologise if i came across that way, and to be honest I'd rather everyone but the original few have the shields taken off them (including me) than everyone in the game have one. The only items I can think of now that people are amazed to see are founders and droid costume. And then also the "-fnord" name, which I havent seen since probably 2011 or 2012. So making one of the exclusive items available to everyone is just plain stupid in my opinion.

Matutd,
Sam said that once they are done with a AL expansion thingy, they will focus on the pl 3yr shield
He says its "on the radar"

fourleaf
02-12-2014, 06:00 PM
It's out for pretty much everyone now
I get you feel cheated, you won an event for an exclusive items.
Even if you deny any effort on his part, how is it fair he won a contest which many did not, now atleast 80% of players now have, more effort was required than for those who recieved founders helms.
But what's done is done.
They aren't going to replace your trophy with anything, nor take away the mass handouts.
Kinda how I felt with the rerelease of the 2011 spooky shield.

Zeus
02-13-2014, 01:11 PM
Its all good though. Just dont walk around and scream that "I am the only one who EARNED a PL shield!". Because thats how you sounded like in the first post and I only wanted to adress that, nothing else.

And here is another quote regarding PL shields:

There was a lot of complaining because STG did not announce honorable mentions would be getting the shield as well. Also, after that contest there were still only 8 in a population of 2000+ players. That's a .004%. Also, I worked hard on my video - it was a tough contest. Originally, they were slated to give away ONE PL shield, but they ended up giving away more than that. The ones that complained were mainly the ones that didn't even bother ending the contest. The surprise rewards at the end were nice.

LEVEL ONE
02-13-2014, 02:31 PM
There was a lot of complaining because STG did not announce honorable mentions would be getting the shield as well. Also, after that contest there were still only 8 in a population of 2000+ players. That's a .004%. Also, I worked hard on my video - it was a tough contest. Originally, they were slated to give away ONE PL shield, but they ended up giving away more than that. The ones that complained were mainly the ones that didn't even bother ending the contest. The surprise rewards at the end were nice.

You deserved it Apollo, everyone loved you video :D And as others have said, we imagine that you didnt get your shield for being a runner-up, but for everything you did for the community.

Either way, there were a lot of complaints about the shield "give-away", but after that contest nobody even bothered to complain when there were like 10 shields given away for a simple contest. The Shield lost its original purpose after that.

largecommand
02-13-2014, 02:56 PM
I dont get why they didn't make it a smidge different, like a different color or different text or something. That way the original PL sheild maintain their exclusiveness, and others have something similar.