PDA

View Full Version : Laggy Performance in Shops

Derajdefyre
11-29-2010, 04:32 PM
The performance in all shop interfaces is lagging very badly for me. There is an approximately five second delay after each selection before the menu selection registers. I don't lag in any other interface or in any dungeon. This has been tested in the premium shop and in several non premium shops. At any time when in a shop if I exit the interface all lag disappears instantly. I am using the Android client on a Samsung Vibrant.

Sickofwork
11-29-2010, 04:36 PM
My guess is that it has something to do with displayed player names. For example, if I go to the CS at a time when there's a bunch of people there, it always lags badly, which I always attributed to a ton of names being populated on the screen, whereas in a dungeon you would only see the names of 4 others maximum.

addiekai
11-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Yeah, what's what I was thinking too.

Try to zoom in on your character to minimize the stuff you see on your screen, then try the CS again.

Sickofwork
11-29-2010, 04:55 PM
+1 for this, I do the exact same thing when I enter a town. It makes it so much better because you're only having to see a few names as opposed to all of them. It would be a pretty awesome feature if they'd add a way to turn off name displays. I know it would work wonders for those who are playing on lower-end devices.

addiekai
11-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Or put CS in other towns too.

1 CS NPC per town wouldn't hurt :)

Sickofwork
11-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Definitely. Although it'd likely be optimal to not place one in the starter town. There's already so many people in that zone, between new players and potion buyers, that adding a CS there might be a headache. Perhaps add one in every town from there on.

addiekai
11-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah, that works too.

But the thing is, the earlier they get the feel of the CS, the better.

And once the game has reached its peak, there wont be much new players around, so noobie towns would be deserted :)

Personally, I fear going to those towns because I always get reported, for no apparent reason -.-"

Sickofwork
11-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Well technically they'd still be able to access a CS at level 1 because they can just go to their map and enter the towns of other zones. I was leaning more towards reducing lag issues for people because of the current abundance of low level players who occupy the initial zone.