PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Make loot easier to find by shining an upward beam of light!

Zorin
02-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Ever reroll but cant find what you re-rolled? Or perhaps you backtrack only to find an egg hiding behind some corner/bush? Or perhaps, items are so darn hard to see to find or see.

Solution!

Have an item shine an upward beam up into the ceiling/sky of the area so it's clear and easy to see that something is there. I swear (and many others), some items are so hard to see, especially eggs hiding behind a corner in the tombs (e.g. nexus egg in KM3) because the only indication is visual, no text on screen.

The signal/beam could show an Egg, Sword etc. at the end of it i.e. like Batman's bat signal

Sometimes locks are also hard to see even with the fireworks. Depending on the camera angle and if it drops behind you or behind a wall, it can be very well hidden despite it's size. Also, the fireworks have the same animation as the mage's fireballs, that can also make it hard to see.

tldr: Dropped loot shine a "bat signal" equivalent so you can find them easier.

Thoughts?

Hoardseeker
02-07-2014, 11:18 PM
Already suggested or egg drops and a shining beam for items would be nice and the locked effect seems great.

Zorin
02-08-2014, 07:51 AM
Here is an example:

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx270/Zorinos/Droppeditemissueedit_zps03a53b77.png

The locked (red circle) is hiding near the corner and if it didn't rotate or was tucked right in there, I would never see it.

If I was standing where the red triangle is, I would have never seen the fireworks animation.

You can also see the 'mage fireballs' being similar to the locked fireworks; it masks the animation sometimes.

Now imagine it was an egg. There is no indication on screen because it isn't a re-roll, no animation and its tiny, we would never see it.

Also, why can't pets pick up eggs? Too heavy?

Nesox
02-09-2014, 01:56 AM
Just keep your pet happy and it will find what you don't. We don't need any more distracting graphics while fighting.

Orageunas
02-09-2014, 08:13 AM
Just keep your pet happy and it will find what you don't. We don't need any more distracting graphics while fighting.
Pets dont pick up chests or eggs...

Zorin
02-09-2014, 09:08 AM

Just read and think before you type. We don't need bad input while on forums.

Also, distracting graphics? Arcane Legends has some of the best looking, if not the best from a tablet game.

Zorin
02-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Something subtle like this:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/15/article-1117264-0310AD7B000005DC-366_634x421.jpg

So we know there is an item hiding behind the corner.

Nesox
02-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Sorry you have a pile of gold highlighted so I assumed you meant all loot would be highlighted which would be annoying.

Zorin
02-09-2014, 08:59 PM
Sorry you have a pile of gold highlighted so I assumed you meant all loot would be highlighted which would be annoying.

No. The red triangle is a mark where if I stood there, I would never see the fireworks from the dropped lock shown by the red circle. It also shows how hidden the locked is and can be easily missed.

Not all drops require a light indication, just the important ones; locks, eggs and other chests.

Remember, only "you" can see your loot therefore, 2-3 beams of light will be fine unless you'd rather miss out on an egg worth 100k because the light indicating where it was is "annoying"

Hiosahaf
02-11-2014, 02:29 PM
+1 to this

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Jackedtank
02-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Yes! Excellent idea! :)

jkl
02-12-2014, 09:13 AM
My suggestions:
Put additional colored symbol (Ex, red cross / purple cross ) in MiniMap & it can be customized based on the items rarity. This feature can be turn on / off through options.

Ex: - Arcane items will have a red cross symbol in MiniMap
- Legendary items will have a purple cross symbol in MiniMap & so on

This suggestion will apply for MiniMap player only.
Any other suggestions for non MiniMap player ?

Zorin
02-12-2014, 10:10 PM
My suggestions:
Put additional colored symbol (Ex, red cross / purple cross ) in MiniMap & it can be customized based on the items rarity. This feature can be turn on / off through options.

Ex: - Arcane items will have a red cross symbol in MiniMap
- Legendary items will have a purple cross symbol in MiniMap & so on

This suggestion will apply for MiniMap player only.
Any other suggestions for non MiniMap player ?

Awesome!

If beams of light is too much work, then yes placing symbols on the mini-map is the least they could do!

It would also be quite easy to implement in my opinion.

Zorin
03-03-2014, 07:21 AM
It turns out, the game already has some sort of "beam" that will help out in finding tiny items hidden in or behind walls/corners.

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx270/Zorinos/Beam_zps337dc2c6.png

I know that STS made a small effort by making egg drops have the fireworks animation like the locks but in my opinion, it just doesn't feel/look right.

More importantly, it still doesn't fix the problem where if the animation plays behind me, away from the camera and the egg sits hidden behind a corner; I would have a difficult time trying to find it if I backtracked since it still isn't giving me an easy visual indicator on it's location.

jimbollido1
03-03-2014, 08:43 AM
They made a solution to egg drops... A firework like in locked drop... but for a very short time... not like locked, cuz locked is shiny you will really see it..

If they would add Rotate View(Just like in Pocket Legends).. It will be more easier to see what drops..