PDA

View Full Version : AoE Agro Effect

Jaxan
05-05-2010, 07:07 AM
I've noticed a few times, when I cast "Restore" on my archer, it can have a large agro range. I will cast "Restore" and mobs will come running from all directions towards. It seems to be a pretty long range agro too, as the mobs that agro are not even within normal AoE or attack range.

I've also noticed this when grouped with other classes too, so I am not sure which other skills this may be affecting.

Thanks!

nerdherd
05-05-2010, 09:45 AM
This isn't a bug, it's just how heal works. Mobs feel very threatened when you heal, so they start attacking you. I do agree about how the range of the aggro generated by heal is a little much, but you just have to plan ahead for now.

Jaxan
05-05-2010, 10:37 AM
I understand heals generate hate/aggro, but this is different. The mobs are practically in another room, when I cast Restore and they all come charging like I stole something. It was not a one time occurence, I have reproduced this on multiple occasions. I will cast Restore well out of range of a group of mobs, and they will aggro.

Futumsh
05-05-2010, 12:28 PM
It actually is a bug, though not with healing. The mobs that rush you when you heal should have rushed you when they first were aggrod.

We've fixed this, but haven't pushed it out yet since assist ranges need to be adjusted to deal with it.

Jaxan
05-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Thanx for the reply Futumsh ?;-)