View Full Version : From poor to sorta-rich to poor with investments...

Arterra
11-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Ok so I finnally can say I have allthe essential rift and cosmo gear needed to dual wield anything lol. But that power armor of rift is what really cost me the bundle. Thx mystical for a semi low price of 500k, JUST enough for it. Officially have no money for even pots lol!

Now if only someone would buy my lv11 forestchain... For more than 500k...

Bigsleazy
11-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Always better to have gear than money-only a good drop or 20 minutes of work for plenty of pots :)

KingFu
11-29-2010, 11:37 PM
I went from poor, to moderately rich, to very super rich:D, to moderately rich, to poor, to rich again, to poor, now I'm moderately rich.

900K and going strong :D

Edit:

On the plus side, I have all the gear I need and then some.

Arterra
11-29-2010, 11:45 PM
I did break the million gold mark before item buying... At least I know the feeling.

KingFu
11-29-2010, 11:48 PM
I broke 8.5 mil before ao3. Then my gear purchasing for myself and others began

Conradin
11-29-2010, 11:49 PM
I went from poor, to moderately rich, to very super rich:D, to moderately rich, to poor, to rich again, to poor, now I'm moderately rich.

Edit:

If you have any gear you don't need........
I used to have a couple mil before ao2, but I either bought ao3 gear or wasted it. Now I'm broke, and in desprate need for a keeeperss stafff. So.......if you have any extra o those

KingFu
11-29-2010, 11:51 PM
If you have any gear you don't need........
I used to have a couple mil before ao2, but I either bought ao3 gear or wasted it. Now I'm broke, and in desprate need for a keeeperss stafff. So.......if you have any extra o those

Sry man. Only got one. They're only about 150K in CS now

Arterra
11-29-2010, 11:54 PM

Ao2 did not like me. Only drop I got a was shock lance in the last few weeks. Had to use staffs of ra and pharaoh bows if not str... :(
Well admirably you had a few months for that gold. I'm August crop, avoiding the parts made using mynas fertilizer.

Gaabob
11-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Lol richest I ever got was 450k. Then I went through a series of gear buying and decking out my dual spec and it is all gone (plus negative 100k I owe a friend). Also since gold Nerf in ao3 I'm megauber poor, and it doesn't appear that it will get better any time soon :(

Conradin
11-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Thanks anyway MD, and if any of you guys stumble across a extra keepers, pm me.

icantgetkills
11-30-2010, 12:01 AM

Edit:

Same I have all the items I want I'll try get 1m just so I have 1m cash and only item I need is wraith armour which I'm farming for ATM :)

ONANEBEZ
11-30-2010, 12:58 AM
Jeez, how are you guys getting all your money? lol

Inching
11-30-2010, 01:14 AM
Thanks anyway MD, and if any of you guys stumble across a extra keepers, pm me.

every mage in the game is looking for a keeper's staff... I had to borrow 300K for mine off Violentsaint for those of you who still remember who he is.

juhnken773
11-30-2010, 01:25 AM
every mage in the game is looking for a keeper's staff... I had to borrow 300K for mine off Violentsaint for those of you who still remember who he is.

Of course we know violentsaint. We twink at times.

Richest I ever got was 1.1mil. Now down to 200k. Bought brother full rift. Actually he found the helm homself

recklessfa
11-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Question for you guys
I think i joined the game w the arrival of ao3.
Got 3 lvl50s today.

For 'old' players: where there always such high priced items before ?

My point is: My latest char. is an archer and I don't know what to do
Until you get to lvl50 you can always easily get the best /second-best armor/ weap for your level.

Then you become 50 and it's over. You either are very lucky or need to get rich.

Since 5 days of farming didn't seem enough for me to get a wraith armor.
I had to strip naked my bear to get a start in the 'who wants to be a millionaire' in-game not-very-funny game
(sad considering the amount of time spent getting this gear initially).

The first idea was to buy void...

but all that time/energy/mistakes to have a chance to gear up my archer, hoping :

- an update won't make me loose some cash again (half of my stash becoming almost worthless, loved it)
- I won't see 70 wraith armor in the cs next week exchanged for 50k (S> megablaster 60k cheap cheap hurry) since, say 'in a near future', it drops more often, or boss is easier (?)
- A brand new map won't be released before x-mas, pushing lvl cap to 55.. (good luck w your millions' worth set)

So now i'm having second thoughts...

I don't want to highjack your thread but you said the word investment...

Considering the recent patches and unforeseen events how can any investment be considered wise unless you aim short term / day-to-day trading ? (aka the greed game, that shouldn't exist in my optinon or only for top noch items nobody actually require to join and enjoy any game - say +1 armor or +2 h/s or +5% crit etc)

My bear is naked, and I think my archer will wait for my cosmos mage to loot what he needs even though I now can afford get him all the void toys... (but only to be poor again)
Or.. maybe that's just me, taking this all too seriously...!?
Right, it's just a game.

FluffNStuff
11-30-2010, 10:36 AM

Are you looking for anything? I was trying to give you the Vyx Helm of Legend for your B-Day but someone beat me too it.

Arterra
11-30-2010, 12:31 PM
I am having trouble quoting, so answering above supalong post on "investment"

Well I don't exactly think prices will always be high, but at some point you will have to make a choice: sell now or Watch prices die in a few days/weeks/hours. I will end up selling all my nice stuff and equippig lower end 50gear some time before new areas... If we get a nice little warning. For whole new Lv-cap areas there is a mention once in a while so safe enough.
Also some items never will lose all their value. Find some twinking gear, or uber rare stuff, and you got stable money. Nothing is like having the gold itself though, so be very strict with money and wise with spending. I know I might never actually complete my set to shiny level, but my current items make me happy. As log as I don't run into some noob saying "lol not sparkly gtfo" we are safe.

Investing is all in the timing.

Steverd
11-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Jeez, how are you guys getting all your money? lol

From the Consignment Shop.
But prices keep dropping Daily...
I was buying and reselling, but it's really, really hard to do that now, with the
fast price drops.

Steverd

ONANEBEZ
11-30-2010, 03:56 PM
From the Consignment Shop.
But prices keep dropping Daily...
I was buying and reselling, but it's really, really hard to do that now, with the
fast price drops.

Steverd

Does it just have to do with knowing which items are worth a lot and them looking for them cheap in the consignment shop?

Fyrce
11-30-2010, 04:10 PM
You can know which items are worth a lot and then try popping them. Or which areas have several high value items and running that area/level. There're lots of high/mid value items that are NOT level 50. CS is a good place to learn prices, but you can't do it in just one sitting because over part of a day, prices can be out of whack. Which, BTW, is good to know as well, if it's consistent.

Steverd
11-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Does it just have to do with knowing which items are worth a lot and them looking for them cheap in the consignment shop?

Yeah, I've been doing that, even tracking prices on paper/word.

Problem is some of the Cosmo and Void item, if you don't resell right away you can loose money.
What is your profit margin? I have in the past picked up a few Cosmo or Void item about 30k less of the normal price for the day or day before, but if I don't sell it fast (12 hrs), by tomorrow, the item can be worth 20-30k less that the bad before...

I might stop Victory Lap farming for a while and try for some VooDoo items. I think it's pretty fun running a level 35 map with your level 50 Mage. You an wipe about a dozen crocs at a time!!!
How can that not be fun!

Steverd

Arterra
11-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I've been doing that, even tracking prices on paper/word.

Problem is some of the Cosmo and Void item, if you don't resell right away you can loose money.
What is your profit margin? I have in the past picked up a few Cosmo or Void item about 30k less of the normal price for the day or day before, but if I don't sell it fast (12 hrs), by tomorrow, the item can be worth 20-30k less that the bad before...

I might stop Victory Lap farming for a while and try for some VooDoo items. I think it's pretty fun running a level 35 map with your level 50 Mage. You an wipe about a dozen crocs at a time!!!
How can that not be fun!

Steverd

might as well do bayou boss. pretty much can solo it EASILY even before the rehaul update.
but... drop rate is a pain.

smoae
11-30-2010, 08:12 PM
I got great deals on my rift. Here's how it went...

1. Farmed a mirage robe
2. Was trying to sell for 350 in haven. Then some guy offers a power armor or it. Because I needed it and it's worth more I gladly accepted.
3. Then (before power armor prices went up) someone offered me a sckimmy, a skull shield, a gurgox hammer (all of which I needed) a mirage staff, and 15k for the armor. At that time it was a gain of about 75k, with current prices it's about even.
4. Then I saved up and found an OL helm in CS for 375k, and I quickly bought.
5. Right after that on the same night, someone said they were selling power armor for 400k, so I bought.

So I got my set for just 775k and a mirage robe.

Steverd
11-30-2010, 10:44 PM
might as well do bayou boss. pretty much can solo it EASILY even before the rehaul update.
but... drop rate is a pain.

OK, farming in Bayou Boss did not go so well, after about a dozen runs, not a single pink...

Steverd