PDA

View Full Version : Player Employment?

SkullCrusher
02-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Hellloooooo people of the interwebs! Skull here again, and today i was thinking...why not try one last attempt to respark PL while still allowing the Devs to continue creating wonderful new games and expanding Arcane Legends.

Employ Players!

How it will work:

Kind of like the whole "Guardians of Alterra" thing, STG could spend at most a week, gather a few highly trusted and respected PL players too sort of "work" at STG. They could help out noobs, host cool events, awesome giveaways, pvp contests, and in general make PL more exciting.

Some people i can think of off the top of my head:

- Apollo
- Dudetus ( if he can take it seriously xD )
- DocDoBig ( this guy is numbero uno. )
- Most of the Guardians of Alterra
-( I know there are way more people, but i just cannot think of them xD )

The Vision:

In general, these player "mods" will help connect, and respark the community. As i said before they could do tons of community events and stuff. Many people already spend hours on end helping out the community for free without much recognition ( I'm looking at you Doc ) These mods could also help end the scamming/breaking of ToS by having an hour auto-ban option, and auto-mute option.

My opinion:

I personally think this would be a pretty cool idea if implemented. STG has nothing too lose ( as long as these player mods aren't too OP, and are chosen carefully we should all be good to go! ). It wouldn't take much time too find the more respected people of PL as STG has already done this before ( GOA ) and it's pretty obvious who the honorable players are.

Thanks for reading! Enjoy this food for thought! :D
~Skull.

Caiahar
02-09-2014, 09:50 PM
Apollo/Zeus doesn't play PL anymore.
Dudetus is a inactive only comes on a little bit, mostly coms on forums.
Most GoAs or inactive or in AL as of now.

programmed
02-09-2014, 10:52 PM
As shadow said Apollo only does AL and dudetus rarely is in game nowadays. With the GoA's I haven't seen any who still play in a long time. It's a good idea IMO but that's all it is, an idea. Which we all know they just seem to ignore all our ideas. Not trying to be so negative but the way I see it, its the truth.

Cheenivie
02-10-2014, 12:01 AM
Lol why dudetus? He's gotten like 38282 infractions

Schnitzel
02-10-2014, 12:56 AM
Many of us at The Community Guild do organize some of the things the OP has mentioned
I think many of us at TCG would be happy to help (I know i would)

<The Community Guild> is not affiliated nor related to <The Communist Guild>
^that part was to sort out any confusion if there was any.

DocDoBig
02-10-2014, 03:39 AM
Thank you Skullcrusher,

though, a reason why I joined the Forum specifically after GoA, AoA etc. has been shut down is that I never wanted a shield or title or anything else as reward, I started foruming because of the joy of helping people and the every days fun which always cracks me up here
I'm always happy and more than satisfied when I noticed I successfully helped some one with anything, be it an advice on an issue or simply with my threads.

If you look into the past, people just been "playing" a helping person just to get that Ambassador Hat, Avatar etc. and I am afraid, if such a "player mod" program will ever come true, the people probably will just "help" to get this and that special reward and do not mean it serious. Also it would be huge ego-boost. ;)

Please don't get me wrong - really, really nice idea Skull. I am super honored and flattered that you think that I could be a "player mod"!
But I just see it realistic. I think such a program will make people trollish after they got this and that title rather than continue helping.

Cheenivie
02-10-2014, 07:34 AM
Many of us at The Community Guild do organize some of the things the OP has mentioned

Tcg is the communist guild, ask xyzther

Schnitzel
02-10-2014, 07:43 PM

Re-read this line

Roberto077
02-10-2014, 08:06 PM

Copyright claims otherwise

Suentous PO
02-10-2014, 08:25 PM
"Most goa"
That entire list is Zeus. Not only has Zeus left but he tries to recruit out of PL for AL lel

Make Ninja and Doc a mod and ill go back to spending crazy money on PL.

Xyzther
02-11-2014, 04:41 PM

Yes yes... <The communist guild> gm is Jfkk

Xvanitykingx
02-11-2014, 04:58 PM
<The Community Guild> already does the things mentioned in the OP, except for the special "player mod" powers.

And, Spacetimestudios supports us. What more do you need :p

Reunegade
02-11-2014, 06:35 PM
<The Communist Guild> already does the things mentioned in the OP, except for the special "player mod" powers.

Wao

Schnitzel
02-11-2014, 07:01 PM
<The Communist Guild> already does the things mentioned in the OP, except for the special "player mod" powers.

Wao

^ you edited what he wrote didn't you?

Reunegade
02-11-2014, 07:10 PM
^ you edited what he wrote didn't you?
No.

Xvanitykingx
02-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Yes.
^Edited

Lol! <The Communist Guild>! Funny... But, I'm being serious <The Community Guild> ftw!!

Reunegade
02-11-2014, 09:24 PM
^Edited

Lol! <The Community Guild>! Funny... But, I'm being serious <The Communist Guild> ftw!!
Wao

Xyzther
02-12-2014, 12:24 AM
I am the master
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/12/umese9yt.jpg

Promagin
02-12-2014, 01:01 AM
But.. i'm beginning to feel like a rap god.

Cheenivie
02-12-2014, 07:52 AM
The Communist Guild best guild ever!!

Xvanitykingx
02-12-2014, 01:08 PM
The Community Guild best guild ever!!

No truer words have ever been spoken ;)

Argyros
02-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Eh, I'm not hating on tcg, but I have seen some really (bad) people in there. Ofc I spoke to Bilax about it, but he didn't do anything. Maybe they should take advice from outsiders?

Kingzila
02-12-2014, 01:39 PM
The whole "employment" thing is a bit off, we would be more like "sts's little helpers" if what I'm reading is correct. None the less I'd be glad to be "employed" in something like this, since it would help pl out in general to become smarter and well skilled.

Reunegade
02-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Fap
I agree

Suentous PO
02-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Lol, you really like trolling don't u :p

Be be careful man, trolling is one of the reasons Elyseon was banned.

On a side note, Elyseon could be getting her ban lifted soon ;)
I have already said too much, ignore me idk what I'm saying... Blahblahblah!!!~¥]%^#*£|€$%}+&&@

~xvanitykingx

Well got one thing right, but unfortunately it's the "idk what I'm saying" part

Xvanitykingx
02-12-2014, 02:41 PM
Well got one thing right, but unfortunately it's the "idk what I'm saying" part

I can't talk about that. Bans aren't to be discussed on forums.

Xvanitykingx
02-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Eh, I'm not hating on tcg, but I have seen some really (bad) people in there. Ofc I spoke to Bilax about it, but he didn't do anything. Maybe they should take advice from outsiders?

Well, from what I know, there has been some kicking/demotings in the past few weeks so I'm pretty sure he does listen. But, if it's for a stupid reason, like a pvp dispute for example, that's no reason for someone to get kicked. If the reasons are legit and proof is shown, then we can take action.

Maybe people should get on our website more often and read through it.

~xvanitykingx

Argyros
02-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Well, from what I know, there has been some kicking/demotings in the past few weeks so I'm pretty sure he does listen. But, if it's for a stupid reason, like a pvp dispute for example, that's no reason for someone to get kicked. If the reasons are legit and proof is shown, then we can take action.

Maybe people should get on our website more often and read through it.

~xvanitykingx

Yeah, he was most likely kicked. I had screenies of him cussing some players out. Oh well.

Xvanitykingx
02-12-2014, 02:47 PM
I agree

Lol, that made me laugh... I admit :p

Xvanitykingx
02-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Yeah, he was most likely kicked. I had screenies of him cussing some players out. Oh well.

If you see that again, please don't hesitate to point fingers and tell us.

I have to admit though that I haven't been the best when it comes to language either but I only curse when I get really mad or annoyed. But I would never curse when I'm on my TCG character, ok that's a lie, I have a few times ok... I confess :p