PDA

View Full Version : Twinks for noobs

Rushd
11-30-2010, 06:32 AM
Hi,

Im completely new to this game (a week)
But have previous experiences with pvp games such as rs and wow.
Ive got a few questions about pvping
- Im still completely unclear on what twinks are. Is there a guide or can somone explain it?
- is there a guide for a build that i could easilly follow? Tht also works in pvp (not outdated)
- when people talk about paladins wth do they mean, again guide or explanation? :)
- are there any other ways to level apart from pve/questing

Thx loads

Rushd
11-30-2010, 09:33 AM
are there really no guides to successful pvp builds (preferably for lvl 19 pvper's)?

Ellyidol
11-30-2010, 09:45 AM
1. Twinks are lower level characters used to pvp or pve with only. They keep them at the level to be able to fight players at that level range. Twinks are harder to build since you only have a limited amount of stat/skill points to use, therefore needing to come up with a very good stat/skill/gear build to do well.

2. At the moment, there are no specific stat/skill guides as they usually vary per player. There isn't one specific build you can follow and just use for pvp (well unless you just want a standard twink). And if you do want one, the stat/skill/gear builds aren't really that hard to figure out since there's only a limited amount.

3. Paladins are mage characters with enough strength to equip the strength armours.

4. Right now pve is the only way to level up. There is no pvp-exp system.

Hope it helps!

Rushd
11-30-2010, 11:18 AM
thx a lot. 2 more questions to get decent pinks, id need to pay for plat right?
also, which of these combinations would be most successful at lvl 19
range mage
mage str
str range

addiekai
11-30-2010, 11:22 AM
You don't need plat to buy those items.

You can get them as drops of of course, the CS :)

Ellyidol
11-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Platinum for decent pinks? Level 19 or 50?

Either way, the platinum premium gear is only good up to level 12 I think. I'm not sure on which level, but definitely at level 13 above, in-game pinks are better than platinum premium pinks.

I have no experience in twink-ing, but from what I've read and heard about, level 19 int bears were the best among them. Along with level 19 dex birds. I'm not too sure with mages. Also, with the latest update, I'm not too sure, but I think twink-ing has died down a bit.

Rushd
11-30-2010, 11:30 AM
i meant get plat to buy the balefort castle expansion.
right now i got a lvl 15 mage with 81 int and 27 dps + 12 arm
im more than willing to restart though. i think ill wait a while and see if ill go with dex birds (pure archers?) or int bears
thx though

Ellyidol
11-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Yeah you'll need plat to buy the castle expansion, and maps further after that.

Yeah, it always helped me when I made all 3 characters and chose which of them fit me most.

Rushd
11-30-2010, 11:42 AM
if i go for a dex bird or int bear, how would i distribute my pts?

Wrap
11-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Pocket Legends is setup so that people can't simply "buy" there way through and simply get some platinum and buy all the good pinks. Instead, it's setup were the very best and rarest items can only be gotten from monster drops, but also have a item shop that has some "special items" for those people that buy platinum and want something that looks cool, but is not neccasarly the best item stat wise for your level.

So, you will need to buy platinum to purchase the various dungeons were the monsters are located that drop these various rares. But the only items you might want to purchase with platinum are some of the cool Vanity items such as a Holiday Hat or Blueberry Beret, which give no stat bonuses but have a very nice look ;)

Rushd
11-30-2010, 12:10 PM
how much is lvl 19 pink usually worth?

TwinkTastical
11-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi,

Im completely new to this game (a week)
But have previous experiences with pvp games such as rs and wow.
Ive got a few questions about pvping
- Im still completely unclear on what twinks are. Is there a guide or can somone explain it?
- is there a guide for a build that i could easilly follow? Tht also works in pvp (not outdated)
- when people talk about paladins wth do they mean, again guide or explanation? :)
- are there any other ways to level apart from pve/questing

Thx loads

Btw, rs pking, isnt pking :) your name tells me you was bad at it btw.

Protank
12-01-2010, 09:19 AM
They give u one ac wrap ;)

Rushd
12-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Btw, rs pking, isnt pking :) your name tells me you was bad at it btw.

Perfect Lvl 70 pure with d claws. Rushd and pked. Problem?
Also rushd just sounds awesome :)