PDA

View Full Version : Questions I couldn't find answers to

Saturnine
11-30-2010, 06:44 AM
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I searched and couldn't find. Some questions about Enchantresses spells:

1. Does nightmare have area of effect and if so how large is the area? Do you have to be very close to an enemy for it to hit them?
2. How many enemies does it affect and for how long?
3. Do spells stack? If I cast nightmare and another mage casts nightmare at the same time do they both take effect or only one?
4. Does weakness have area of effect or must it be targeted on one enemy? Again, if area of effect do you need to be close to the enemy?
5. With targeted spells (like the drain health one) how close do you have to be to have it hit the enemy?
6. Do you have to target spells like the drain health one? If I am surrounded by baddies and don't target but just press it does it still work?
7. Do spells affect bosses when they have their shields up? Or should I just not bother and what till their shields are down?

8. I really like Nature's Rod of Fate - how much better is the Keeper's staff?

Thank you to anyone who can answers these as they are driving me made.

Thanks!!!!! :o

Ellyidol
11-30-2010, 06:58 AM
Hi.

1. Yes its AoE. Its range is a 6m area around where you cast it (says so on the skill). You'll know if your close enough because after casting it, mobs will have a purple aura around them showing they've been affected by nightmare.

2. I'm not sure with how many, there's been question about the max target of spells/debuffs with no clear answer. How long, I always like to assume its on for how long its cooldown is. Though this is just a theory, again no real figures also on how long.

3. Nope, same debuff skills do not stack. They only (from what I know) reset the duration of the debuff. Though same skill debuffs dont stack, other debuffs with the same effects do. Like nightmare + break armour of bird = more armour reduction.

4. Yes weakness is AoE. It has an 8m range (again on skill description). You can tell if its AoE from the skill description. If it says a *distance* area, its usually AoE.

5. They have their own range descriptions in the skill menu. There are 2 target spells for mages, and both are 12m ranged.

6. You don't have to if you don't have a certain target you want to cast it to. Yes you can just cast it when your surrounded (what I usually do if they're all the same mob), and it will target the nearest mob and use the skill on that target.

7. Since you can't deal damage on bosses with shields up, armour/dodge debuffs are pretty much useless so we can't really say if they work or not. I'd like to assume weakness works on them though so I cast it anyway, what do I have to lose there? I save all my damage skills for shield down.

8. Nature's Rod is okay-ish as a first off weapon. Though I recommend the Alien Staff of Fate since it has a passive AoE normal attack. A keeper's staff is the best staff in-game at the moment, it beats any other staff in terms of base damage, dps, regen, and has that ever strong AoE normal attack.

Hope these help!