PDA

View Full Version : Dual Spec Guide.

Ellyidol
11-30-2010, 10:22 AM
This is an updated guide on how to dual spec, the older version and system is no longer applicable.

What is a "Dual Spec"?

A dual spec is having the correct stat point build to allow you to equip 2 kinds of end game gear, be it strength, int, or dex gear.
All you need to do is have the correct amount of base stat points to equip your gear, then voila!

Note: This guide has been updated to be in line with the new system of dual spec-ing. The old system of using boosters is no longer useful. The lower level gear requirements have been fixed, feel free to dual spec starting at any level. The Lv 50 example here is just for reference, the concept is the same.

How do I dual spec?

1. Decide what 2 stats or kinds of gears you want to use at end game (level 50+).

Popular choices are :

Pally- A mage with enough Strength and Intelligence to equip either Str/Int gear.
Dexchantress - A mage with enough Dex and Intelligence to equip either Dex/Int gear.
War bird - A bird with enough Strength and Dex to equip either Strength/Dex gear.
Dex/Bow Bear - A bear with enough Strength and Dex to equip either Strength/Dex gear.
2. Once you have decided what kind of character you want to make, you need to respec your character to get the correct amount of stat points needed.

The new system of dual spec-ing no longer relies on boosters. Everything relies on your base stat points.

That said, to dual spec now is as easy as ABC.

3. Let's say you want to use a 50 strength armour, all you need to have is 120 base str, that's it. Same thing with 50 dexterity armour, all you need is 120 base dex, that's it. With 120 Str/120 Dex, you can wear all 50 strength armours, all 50 dexterity armours, or mix and match.

The same principles apply to 55 gear and 60 gear, you just need the right base stats to wear the gear. End of story.

4. Save your sets to your loadouts, and done!

Dual spec complete.

Riccits
11-30-2010, 10:48 AM
THX Elly! Usefull guide! :)

Arterra
11-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Beat me to one. However... Ill add some missing details if I see any.

Question: are you suggesting manually putting on lv50 gear after booster loadouts? I got a booster loadout AND lv50 loadout for str and int on my Mage.

FluffNStuff
11-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Using what gear? You would need level 40 8's.

Arterra
11-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Using what gear? You would need level 40 8's.

Lol my int booster gear doesn't even include a helm. Idk I'm awesome.

FluffNStuff
11-30-2010, 01:44 PM
154? Did I miss something? Helm needs 154 but equip needs 158.

Arterra
11-30-2010, 03:18 PM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/0f628e09.jpg
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/4a4b9842.jpg
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/2cd55081.jpg
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/baa93795.jpg
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/7f3fdd63.jpg
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/f316d0d2.jpg
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/48e7ee8f.jpg

note: for my loadouts on lv50 gear, cosmos is wand and eye and rift is shield and cutter. i DO have to manually put on the 2h weapons, but not my whole setup. if i want to switch, i press -str- and then rift, and if I want hammer that is all i manually put on.

notice no hat for my -int-

ciss
11-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Ellyidol, thanks for the step-by-step noob guide! I already started to raise my future-to-be pally!

Thanks a bunch!!!

PS: You didn't mention the really tough part is to get the needed gear hahahaa!

Ellyidol
11-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Beat me to one. However... Ill add some missing details if I see any.

Question: are you suggesting manually putting on lv50 gear after booster loadouts? I got a booster loadout AND lv50 loadout for str and int on my Mage.

Hi!

Right now, no, the only booster you need is the lower level pink gear that bring up your stats to 154.

After 154, you should be able to equip any of the Void/Cosmos/Rift helmets which bring up your stats to 158.

After 158, you should be able to equip any of the one-handed weapons, armours, and shields. Its just the two-handed ones that are a bit tricky.

Ellyidol, thanks for the step-by-step noob guide! I already started to raise my future-to-be pally!

Thanks a bunch!!!

PS: You didn't mention the really tough part is to get the needed gear hahahaa!

You're welcome!

Yes, most of the work is getting the boosting gear. Though they aren't THAT expensive now, and if you can afford 2 sets of the premium pink level 50 gear, the boosting gear shouldn't be a problem. :)

Arterra
11-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Hi!

Right now, no, the only booster you need is the lower level pink gear that bring up your stats to 154.

After 154, you should be able to equip any of the Void/Cosmos/Rift helmets which bring up your stats to 158.

After 158, you should be able to equip any of the one-handed weapons, armours, and shields. Its just the two-handed ones that are a bit tricky.

well i hope my list of images showed something.

added in one with my loadout page, sorry forgot that one. so as you can see, i can quickly go from booster-int to cosmo wand and eye, and from booster-str to cutter and force kite shield. only have to manually put on the 2h weapon when needed.

also, check my stats out lol. int is interesting.

Ellyidol
11-30-2010, 06:28 PM
well i hope my list of images showed something.

added in one with my loadout page, sorry forgot that one. so as you can see, i can quickly go from booster-int to cosmo wand and eye, and from booster-str to cutter and force kite shield. only have to manually put on the 2h weapon when needed.

also, check my stats out lol. int is interesting.

Yeah, isn't that what I put in the guide? From booster stat to the 50 gear? Unless it wasn't clear, I'll change it. :)

Yeah, I've noticed that with others too. Same with strength, they use one of the mage buffs to reach the minimum. Though I find that tedious and this more hassle free :P One or two stat points won't make THAT much of a difference anyway. Maybe if it were 10 or so..

Arterra
11-30-2010, 06:30 PM
they use one of the mage buffs to reach the minimum. Though I find that tedious and this more hassle free :P One or two stat points won't make THAT much of a difference anyway. Maybe if it were 10 or so..

lol i have not seen that at all... they must be very serious about their stats >.<

Ellyidol
11-30-2010, 06:31 PM
lol i have not seen that at all... they must be very serious about their stats >.<

Ikr? Too serious IMO. If you just start out and miss those buffs you'd probably be naked. -.- lol

Nightarcher
11-30-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm not exactly sure how, but I'm able to Dual-spec a Warbird with stats 122 strength and 132 dexterity using no Osiris. It doesn't add up with the math, but there it is. With 4 Osiris I could do it with 118 Str... And the extra Dex helps. Maybe I'll re-distribute my stats and try it some time.

(I might add a pic later.)

Ellyidol
11-30-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm not exactly sure how, but I'm able to Dual-spec a Warbird with stats 122 strength and 132 dexterity using no Osiris. It doesn't add up with the math, but there it is. With 4 Osiris I could do it with 118 Str... And the extra Dex helps. Maybe I'll re-distribute my stats and try it some time.

(I might add a pic later.)

Do you just use one booster set?

Nightarcher
11-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Well I want to have as much Dex a possible so when naked I use a quickload full of +7 Dex to get to my MB set which is also loaded.

The weird thing is that my Str booster quickload only gets my Str up to 150. Yet I can still switch to my Rift set quickload. It makes me wonder exactly how the equipment save-slots work...

ManBearZombie
11-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Great guide Elly. Ill be using this in the future.

Ellyidol
11-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Well I want to have as much Dex a possible so when naked I use a quickload full of +7 Dex to get to my MB set which is also loaded.

The weird thing is that my Str booster quickload only gets my Str up to 150. Yet I can still switch to my Rift set quickload. It makes me wonder exactly how the equipment save-slots work...

Fair enough, thats what I did with my mage before I had a rift set to dual with. I just gave it enough int to use my loadout for a keeper staff.

About your strength, that is just weird. Even with 150 you can't equip any of the Rift gear, so I don't know how that works. lol

Nightarcher
11-30-2010, 08:53 PM
I have the rift set saved in a slot from before when I could use them. And although now with my Str loadout I can't equip any rift items individually, I can still ewuipc the set.

I'm guessing when using a loadout it calculates the rift/void/cosmos stats in before deciding whether you can actually use them or not. I've tested things, and the lowest possible Str to equip the set is 150. So the lowest possible base Str for dualing using a rift set is 118 if you use 4 +8 items. (in theory)

Ellyidol
11-30-2010, 09:10 PM
I have the rift set saved in a slot from before when I could use them. And although now with my Str loadout I can't equip any rift items individually, I can still ewuipc the set.

I'm guessing when using a loadout it calculates the rift/void/cosmos stats in before deciding whether you can actually use them or not. I've tested things, and the lowest possible Str to equip the set is 150. So the lowest possible base Str for dualing using a rift set is 118 if you use 4 +8 items. (in theory)

Interesting. It could be possible since you also use 4 +8 items, I just got used to using 4 +7 ones. :)

ciss
11-30-2010, 09:24 PM
looking forward to seeing if this is tested and working (cool having only 118 in str and rest in int).

Conradin
11-30-2010, 09:30 PM
I have a level 5 dualtwink, and two lvl 19 dual twinks, could u add sone lower level info on here?

Ellyidol
11-30-2010, 09:42 PM
I have a level 5 dualtwink, and two lvl 19 dual twinks, could u add sone lower level info on here?

I have ZERO experience with twinks. lol =/

So sadly, I'm only experienced in the 50 level range.

Arterra
11-30-2010, 10:05 PM
I get tue feeling he is joking. Sounds pretty hard to dual at that level lol

Ellyidol
11-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Could be, but I've heard about it though so its possible I think. Just so much boosting of stats I believe.

Htiek
12-01-2010, 12:12 AM
122 is minimum if u dont use any 2h weapon

formula:
122+28(under lvl37 gear)=150+4(osiris/horus/isis/thoth gear)=154+12(4pcs rift/void/cosmos)=166
if u try to use 2h weapon, then 166-11=155, u need 3 point for eq the 2h
so 125 is minimum for use 2h

and have some limit:
mage is impossible dual hammer & mega blaster, due to 7 int
bear is impossible dual mega blaster & keeper staff, due to 7 str
bird is impossible dual hammer & keeper staff, due to 7 dex

also u can use zuraz for boost, its +9 str

Ellyidol
12-01-2010, 12:23 AM
122 is minimum if u dont use any 2h weapon

formula:
122+28(under lvl37 gear)=150+4(osiris/horus/isis/thoth gear)=154+12(4pcs rift/void/cosmos)=166
if u try to use 2h weapon, then 166-11=155, u need 3 point for eq the 2h
so 125 is minimum for use 2h

and have some limit:
mage is impossible dual hammer & mega blaster, due to 7 int
bear is impossible dual mega blaster & keeper staff, due to 7 str
bird is impossible dual hammer & keeper staff, due to 7 dex

also u can use zuraz for boost, its +9 str

Yeah, but those require more than 4 loadouts I believe? I tried using those stats too, but realised it just isn't worth all the manual equipping just to switch between and I'd rather put in a few more stat points.

Yeah there are some limits, classes must keep at least their main stat right? Kinda weird though some of those builds. Dex/Int Bear and Str/Int Bird is kinda weird, only Str/Dex mage makes a little sense.

Uctiger62
12-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Sticky, now.

Htiek
12-01-2010, 01:11 AM
yea, it need 2 more loadouts, and dev said add extra loadouts at 1.6, so switch not problem

not weird, difference situation for difference build, maybe some of build good for pve or pvp
i feel str/dex mage a little bit weird, low damage & heal with spells, armor value more than str/int, i guess it is good for pvp

Ellyidol
12-01-2010, 01:19 AM
yea, it need 2 more loadouts, and dev said add extra loadouts at 1.6, so switch not problem

not weird, difference situation for difference build, maybe some of build good for pve or pvp
i feel str/dex mage a little bit weird, low damage & heal with spells, armor value more than str/int, i guess it is good for pvp

Really? Theres more in 1.6? Thats good.

It is though, I mean if you want a Dex/Int bear, I'd assume you want to use Int gear and just have the dex as support to your stats. Which wouldn't really make you need to switch to dex gear anymore. If your using dex gear, isn't your int a bit useless? Doesn't really do anything for you as a bear. Same thing with str/int birds.

All up to the player though, just imho. :)

Nightarcher
12-01-2010, 01:31 AM
Ok, people are misunderstanding so I will say this again.

I have 122 base strength. I use 4 +7 items, bringing my strength at my loadout to 150. From there I switch to my Rift loadout.

The point is that you don't need 154 Str to swap using a rift set. And I forgot about zuraz, that would allow for less than 118 Str to use it with all Osiris and Zuraz... :)

Ellyidol
12-01-2010, 02:25 AM
Ok, people are misunderstanding so I will say this again.

I have 122 base strength. I use 4 +7 items, bringing my strength at my loadout to 150. From there I switch to my Rift loadout.

The point is that you don't need 154 Str to swap using a rift set. And I forgot about zuraz, that would allow for less than 118 Str to use it with all Osiris and Zuraz... :)

Would help if we can see screenies.

Based from what I can predict, the first piece of Rift, which is a Helmet with 154, counts its stat bonus before you can actually equip it using a load out. So 150 technically becomes 154, and when you actually equip the helmet, it moves to 158 which allows you to equip the rest of the rift set. Just my theory though.

Nightarcher
12-01-2010, 02:31 AM
Would help if we can see screenies.

Based from what I can predict, the first piece of Rift, which is a Helmet with 154, counts its stat bonus before you can actually equip it using a load out. So 150 technically becomes 154, and when you actually equip the helmet, it moves to 158 which allows you to equip the rest of the rift set. Just my theory though.

I bought a cheap lv43 Zuraz plasma and am looking for a low level Osiris helm. Once I have the max Str boosting gear (3 +8 and 1 +9) I'll respec and demonstrate my rift with 117 base Str. Screeches to come!

Htiek
12-01-2010, 02:52 AM
Really? Theres more in 1.6? Thats good.

It is though, I mean if you want a Dex/Int bear, I'd assume you want to use Int gear and just have the dex as support to your stats. Which wouldn't really make you need to switch to dex gear anymore. If your using dex gear, isn't your int a bit useless? Doesn't really do anything for you as a bear. Same thing with str/int birds.

All up to the player though, just imho. :)

extra loadout slots? (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12314-extra-loadout-slots)

We can squeeze this in for 1.6.
-ALS

many situation for the build:
- restore base on int, if u want solo nightmare, then u need dual int for bird/bear
- switch dex for mega blaster, use to pve & pvp
- switch int for aoe staff, use to pve
- str bird for rush and survive in ol ol if only 1 bird in team

and the 117 base str, i try do a math for it
117+28(4pcs low lvl gear)=145+5(zuraz & 3pcs osiris)=150
the rift helm str req=154, ignore it, keep going the formula
150+11(4pcs rift)=161, so can eq rift gear but no 2h

Ellyidol
12-01-2010, 02:59 AM
More load outs with 1.6 is good.

To be honest, I can't be bothered with all the stat combinations, I find this set up the easiest and less bothered way to go. Just 4 loadouts with no other manual equipment required, and you only lose a few stat points anyway.

When they learn to dual spec its up to them on tweaking their builds, but this is a guide to start them off, not give them more figures to confuse them. By "them" I'm referring to new players.

Htiek
12-01-2010, 03:29 AM
ty Nightarcher, give me a brainstorm
yeah, i know how its work for 150 eq rift helm
actually base can be 115
seems have strang formula between loadout and respec
once u can eq the 4pcs rift/void/cosmos gear, then u respec, lets say base 125 with gear is 169, -11 dex/int/str to 158
then u still eq the rift/void/cosmos gear, and u loadout and loadback, still can use the gear with 147/148 (base 115)
but the min. req for 2h still is 125 base

and u want dual with base 115, then u need respec 2 times...(maybe 1 time enough, i need try)
the result u saved 22 points for others states
and u no longer can eq any 2h weapon

and the lvl5 dualtwink, is it dual on lvl2 wand/eye & lv2 wing/dagger or lv2 2h sword?

Ellyidol
12-01-2010, 08:08 AM
ty Nightarcher, give me a brainstorm
yeah, i know how its work for 150 eq rift helm
actually base can be 115
seems have strang formula between loadout and respec
once u can eq the 4pcs rift/void/cosmos gear, then u respec, lets say base 125 with gear is 169, -11 dex/int/str to 158
then u still eq the rift/void/cosmos gear, and u loadout and loadback, still can use the gear with 147/148 (base 115)
but the min. req for 2h still is 125 base

and u want dual with base 115, then u need respec 2 times...(maybe 1 time enough, i need try)
the result u saved 22 points for others states
and u no longer can eq any 2h weapon

and the lvl5 dualtwink, is it dual on lvl2 wand/eye & lv2 wing/dagger or lv2 2h sword?

Wouldn't you rather then use those stat points in either of your dual stats that you wish to focus on?

IMO, if I save 22 but have to equip stuff manually and need more load outs (for now at 1.5), I'd rather spend some of those 22 points to put them on the stats so I can just quickly switch between sets rather than do manual equipping.

Of course if you plan to use only one set and you don't need to switch between them, you can put those 22 points in good use by boosting your primary dual stat, which is quite an amount saved up.

Nightarcher
12-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Ok, I did some actual testing with full Osiris and a Zuraz Plasma for max strength and here are my results:

117 Base Str, +8 helm, +9 sword, +8 body, +8 shield, 150 strength with equip on. (RIFT SWITCH FAILED)
118 Base Str with same gear, 151 equipped Str. (RIFT SWITCH FAILED)
119 Base Str with same gear, 152 equipped Str. (RIFT SWITCH FAILED)
120 Base Str with same gear, 153 equipped Str. (RIFT SWITCH SUCCESS!)

So with past testing, I know that you need 150 equipped strength minimum to switch to Rift. So I tried this:

120 Base Str, +7 helm, +9 sword, +7 armor, +7 shield, 150 equipped strength. (RIFT SWITCH FAILED)

This didn't make sense, but my only explanation is that we know little about the loadout system. So I did testing and what I discovered:

1. If using 122 Str, you can switch with 4 +7 pieces.
2. If using 120 Str, you need +7 helm and sword at least, but you MUST have +8 armor and shield. I tried with +8 sword and armor but +7 shield, and it mathematically works our, but doesn't actually work.

This is my final data. I was thorough and don't believe I left any lower possibility out. Screenies later today of the final setup :)

Htiek
12-01-2010, 11:58 AM
@Nightarcher
ty the data
have u try, once u using rift gear with 164 str(153+11) and respec -6 str to 158 str, it still using the gear, but base str is 114

@Ellyidol
i have idea, if put the 22 point to dex for pally, maybe a help for the hit% in pvp?

Wrap
12-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Great guide! Deffinetly will come in handy to many ;)

Ellyidol
12-01-2010, 04:05 PM
@Nightarcher
ty the data
have u try, once u using rift gear with 164 str(153+11) and respec -6 str to 158 str, it still using the gear, but base str is 114

@Ellyidol
i have idea, if put the 22 point to dex for pally, maybe a help for the hit% in pvp?

When you respec, don't all your equips come off though?

Yeah I can see the use of extra dex. Dex seems to be the only stat worth adding to.

DanielRH
12-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Hey ellyidol, this is great! Mind if I use some parts in the guides next update?
The credit of course will go to u :)

Nightarcher
12-01-2010, 06:10 PM
@Nightarcher
ty the data

Well the whole point is to be able to switch between Rift and Void without respeccing. So that wouldn't work.

Ellyidol
12-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Hey ellyidol, this is great! Mind if I use some parts in the guides next update?
The credit of course will go to u :)

Not a problem. :) its out here for public use.

Nightarcher
12-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Ok, I did some actual testing with full Osiris and a Zuraz Plasma for max strength and here are my results:

If using 120 Str, you need +7 helm and sword at least, but you MUST have +8 armor and shield. I tried with +8 sword and armor but +7 shield, and it mathematically works out, but doesn't actually work.

This is my final data. I was thorough and don't believe I left any lower possibility out. Screenies later today of the final setup :)
Ok here you go. Picture of me naked, then with Str boost, then with rift.
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx249/michaelsaysmoo/c987516f.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx249/michaelsaysmoo/cdaa1140.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx249/michaelsaysmoo/c72df88e.jpg

If further clarification for anyone is needed, feel free to ask. :)

Ellyidol
12-01-2010, 07:34 PM
So I'm guessing the Rift loadout counts the Helmet +4 before you even equip it, making your strength 154?

Then it does with the weapon, so 154 + 4 = 158 meaning you can equip everything. Possible?

Nightarcher
12-01-2010, 07:58 PM
That's part of it, but not all. It's more complicated, because you can dual with a +7 weapon and a +8 armor and shield, but will not succeed with a +9 sword and a +7 armor and shield, or a +8 sword and one +8 of the armor and shield.

Ellyidol
12-01-2010, 08:04 PM
That's part of it, but not all. It's more complicated, because you can dual with a +7 weapon and a +8 armor and shield, but will not succeed with a +9 sword and a +7 armor and shield, or a +8 sword and one +8 of the armor and shield.

Okay very weird. I can't wrap my head around a definite order of load outs or possible combinations anymore. Lol.

Arterra
12-01-2010, 09:00 PM
i wish i knew exactly HOW my mage can get away with NO HELM on the int booster...

details: when i try getting a khafra helm of thoth in it, it allows it after everything else is put on. but if i save it and load with savestate, i will not be possible to put on. This proves the helm is the first thing counted in requirements, and maybe at same time stat bonuses.
can i hassa testing of equipping order? i got a hunch on how to test, but honestly dont know for sure or really have time.

Ellyidol
12-01-2010, 09:18 PM
i wish i knew exactly HOW my mage can get away with NO HELM on the int booster...

details: when i try getting a khafra helm of thoth in it, it allows it after everything else is put on. but if i save it and load with savestate, i will not be possible to put on. This proves the helm is the first thing counted in requirements, and maybe at same time stat bonuses.
can i hassa testing of equipping order? i got a hunch on how to test, but honestly dont know for sure or really have time.

I have a theory in mind too, and align with your helm first one. I'll try it out later if I have plat to spare for respecs :D

Nightarcher
12-01-2010, 09:57 PM

I know for a fact that you are correct, because in my loadout sets I can have level 45 armor and shields but need lower level weapons and helms because it won't let me quick-equip.

And my best guess is that the helmet is counted first, but the others do have an order and some say in the matter too.

Pharcyde
12-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Dualing is soo easy how is this much debate still going on :p. Its quite simple to figure out the best dual builds. This is Mine, higher str for survivability. Int will always only need 125 MAX to equipt everything.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs597.ash2/154949_137280512992699_100001322523939_189763_8062 763_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1175.snc4/154696_137280566326027_100001322523939_189765_6013 94_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1206.snc4/155826_137280676326016_100001322523939_189768_6756 534_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1137.snc4/149959_137280739659343_100001322523939_189771_1346 368_n.jpg
snc4/hs1137.snc4/149959_137280739659343_100001322523939_189771_1346 368_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs498.ash2/77118_137280799659337_100001322523939_189773_26517 01_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1143.snc4/148579_137280849659332_100001322523939_189775_3529 665_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs998.snc4/77157_137280926325991_100001322523939_189777_79842 51_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs994.snc4/76776_137280976325986_100001322523939_189778_12255 39_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs601.ash2/155335_137280999659317_100001322523939_189779_2491 921_n.jpg

Ellyidol
12-02-2010, 12:54 AM
@^

Strength is no problem definitely.

Int though, it goes from 125 to 157 meaning 32 int from your boost gear? Is it 4 8's now? I'm basing my guide from pre balance stats so I'm using 4 7's as boosters. :)

Lesrider
12-02-2010, 01:44 AM
I think there's some glitch now that allows you to equip cosmos/rift with less than 154 of either. I managed to get both working with 152 and 153 from lower level equipment (half of which are purples).
So people really shouldn't be having this much trouble.

Ellyidol
12-02-2010, 05:48 AM
I think there's some glitch now that allows you to equip cosmos/rift with less than 154 of either. I managed to get both working with 152 and 153 from lower level equipment (half of which are purples).

Agree. There's some weird calculations still.

Hopefully the guide just gets the idea and starts them off though. Newer players probably wouldn't or can't be bothered with all those complicated stats of you guys (like me) :P

TwinkTastical
12-02-2010, 11:57 AM
my dual 20 int/pally is pretty fun.. im posting this to check my new sig.

Lesrider
12-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Ugh I think I shouldn't have said anything. Looks like they may have fixed the glitch in the last update. My str loadout for 153 doesn't work anymore. Can't equip my rift now :(

Anyone else encounter this problem?

Nightarcher
12-02-2010, 08:38 PM

Go back and look at all the testing I did. ;)

The minimum boosted Str is 150. With the right items

Ellyidol
12-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Go back and look at all the testing I did. ;)

The minimum boosted Str is 150. With the right items

Look at Les' most recent post. They seemed to have fixed that. Idk haven't tried yet either.

Ellyidol
12-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Sorry double post.

Htiek
12-02-2010, 11:37 PM
ty ellyidol, this is a great guide for new player

and this for extreme player, the minimum base is 114, saved 25 for dex
http://files.keithchan.info/11427114.png

Before:
base str:125 dex:2 int:125, with rift str:169
hit%:110, crit:21, dodge:11, health:534, regen:17
mana:662, regen:10, damage:144-151, dps:74, armor:132

After:
base str:114 dex:27 int:114, with rift str:158
hit%:113, crit:21, dodge:11, health:529, regen:17
mana:657, regen:10, damage:146-153, dps:75, armor:133
http://files.keithchan.info/158.png

Nightarcher
12-02-2010, 11:42 PM

Before:

After:

Yeah, that's the best Paladin build. We were discussing dual-specing build where you have to switch, so more of each is required.

Ellyidol
12-03-2010, 02:30 AM
Thanks Htiek!

That is a good build! I'm just curious if it still works after update? I heard they fixed loadout glitches such as that which allow equipping of gear with lower stat req. I haven't tried it yet and can only access forums atm.

KingFu
12-03-2010, 02:32 AM

Before:

After:

Doesn't that require 2 respecs though? To equip the str gear, then just update the stats so that you have 158 Str exactly while using rift.

Htiek
12-03-2010, 03:04 AM
Doesn't that require 2 respecs though? To equip the str gear, then just update the stats so that you have 158 Str exactly while using rift.

yup, you are right, it takes 2 respecs and it isnt dual anymore, it is another build for pally

Ellyidol
12-03-2010, 03:32 AM
Btw, Idk if I'm getting this right, but from the before and after stats, you gain 3 Hit, 2 base damage, 1 DPS, and 1 Armour?

Isn't that a bit low for the 2 respecs used and health/mana reduction? I'd rather put those dex points in int to get more heal/spell damage. I think.

eowthwin
12-03-2010, 03:41 AM
How soon can I start doing this?
Right now I'm a level 15 mage and I've put all my points into int, but I've been reading a lot about this whole dual thing and putting points into str. So do I need to put points into int until I hit 125 and then start putting str, or do I just build them both evenly every level?

Ellyidol
12-03-2010, 03:47 AM
How soon can I start doing this?
Right now I'm a level 15 mage and I've put all my points into int, but I've been reading a lot about this whole dual thing and putting points into str. So do I need to put points into int until I hit 125 and then start putting str, or do I just build them both evenly every level?

This guide is aimed for Level 50 currently. I think you can do this with a lot of levels, you just need to know the steps. Right now I'm only familiar with the level 50 way since its when I started.

I don't suggest building up to this stat build until you reach 50. Respec at level 50. I'd suggest a good PvE or levelling build just to get to 50 first.

eowthwin
12-03-2010, 03:57 AM
This guide is aimed for Level 50 currently. I think you can do this with a lot of levels, you just need to know the steps. Right now I'm only familiar with the level 50 way since its when I started.

I don't suggest building up to this stat build until you reach 50. Respec at level 50. I'd suggest a good PvE or levelling build just to get to 50 first.
So how does that work? Just straight int?

Ellyidol
12-03-2010, 03:58 AM
So how does that work? Just straight int?

Mage? I'd say yes. Higher heal, more spell damage. Assuming you'd be playing with people who want to level too, which means there will probably be a bear, you shouldn't need to tank much.

eowthwin
12-03-2010, 04:00 AM
Mage? I'd say yes. Higher heal, more spell damage. Assuming you'd be playing with people who want to level too, which means there will probably be a bear, you shouldn't need to tank much.

I think I'm playing with people that want to level too. I haven't bought any of the extra campaigns so I'm just doing this King's Forest mini-dungeon over and over to get up to 18, so I can do everything on the free side before I get Balefort Castle.

Lesrider
12-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Yeah int Mage is loads of fun to play through the game with. Mage was the third char I made, but ended up being the first one I got to lvl 50. I didn't lvl my bear and bird to 50 until I saw how squishy mages were in ao3 (but theyre not as squishy anymore). Now I made dual wield for fun and so I don't have to always worry about having a bear tank in the group. But for lower levels, definitely stay int Mage -- nuke everything :)

ScionOfDeath
12-03-2010, 02:38 PM
i was lazy and skipped 35+ posts of this but any skill suggestions for a str/dex bird? skills that can make me half tank and half dps preferably

eowthwin
12-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah int Mage is loads of fun to play through the game with. Mage was the third char I made, but ended up being the first one I got to lvl 50. I didn't lvl my bear and bird to 50 until I saw how squishy mages were in ao3 (but theyre not as squishy anymore). Now I made dual wield for fun and so I don't have to always worry about having a bear tank in the group. But for lower levels, definitely stay int Mage -- nuke everything :)

Thanks, guys. I was already putting everything in Int, but didn't realize this was something you had to be 50 to do. I guess I'm going to try to get to 50 fast because this whole str/int thing sounds really fun. :P

Arterra
12-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks, guys. I was already putting everything in Int, but didn't realize this was something you had to be 50 to do. I guess I'm going to try to get to 50 fast because this whole str/int thing sounds really fun. :P

it can be done any level with lower level pink stat boosters. lv 40 and up is just where it's easier.

Ellyidol
12-03-2010, 11:30 PM
i was lazy and skipped 35+ posts of this but any skill suggestions for a str/dex bird? skills that can make me half tank and half dps preferably

Just the same as a dex bird IMO. There isn't much difference between a str/dex bird in skills, they still use the same ones.

Eleanor
12-22-2010, 02:19 AM
Uhmmm I was experimenting with attributes and I myself am a dual-spec enchantress...

To be exact, the two fields I'm handling are int and dex... I have only 125 on dex and the rest in int...

Now you said, that you need a minimum of 126 on each stat to dual-spec... But I can freely change into dex and int with my stats... I can equip one handed weapons and two handed weapons on int and dex...

Just wanna make this a suggestion to your guide...

Ellyidol
12-22-2010, 02:22 AM
Uhmmm I was experimenting with attributes and I myself am a dual-spec enchantress...

To be exact, the two fields I'm handling are int and dex... I have only 125 on dex and the rest in int...

Now you said, that you need a minimum of 126 on each stat to dual-spec... But I can freely change into dex and int with my stats... I can equip one handed weapons and two handed weapons on int and dex...

Just wanna make this a suggestion to your guide...

Yeah theres some weird stat calculations somehow. If you do the math 126 is the minimum, but it seems 125 (or even lower from others previous posts) are doable. Then again if you just wanna play it safe and avoid spending on re-specs, 126 is the safest bet for me.

If you have time to read the entire thread, there's a lot of useful inputs from better players :)

Eleanor
12-22-2010, 02:43 AM
Though I just thought you'd like to change the word MINIMUM to something else since there are previous posts (as you say...) that prove otherwise...

Ellyidol
12-22-2010, 02:43 AM
Though I just thought you'd like to change the word MINIMUM to something else since there are previous posts (as you say...) that prove otherwise...

Point taken, will do :)

T1andonly
12-22-2010, 04:29 AM
Is it possible to use two different types of endgame gear? For example a Cosmos wand with a Rift shield.

Ellyidol
12-22-2010, 04:32 AM
Is it possible to use two different types of endgame gear? For example a Cosmos wand with a Rift shield.

Nope. Stats aren't high enough to be able to equip both. Its one or the other only.

Not unless some how someone can come up with a super complex build and boosting gear that allows this, but even then I don't think its possible.

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
12-24-2010, 03:49 AM
do the low level items hva to be the same lv

Ellyidol
12-24-2010, 04:11 AM
do the low level items hva to be the same lv

Nope. Just as long as they do what they need to do, it doesn't really matter what level they are. Unless you are really keen on keeping the requirement low so you can tweak your stat points as you go.

Personally I use a level 19 Pink Armor, 30 Pink weap, and a 25 Pink helmet. Different levels, but they get me where I need to go.

Arterra
01-03-2011, 09:36 PM
know what? i can tell that this guide is pretty good. so good in fact, that just today it had 38 views. a week ago, 71 views one day.
How do i know this? i track my most popular photobucket images. The guiding images in the first page of mine are constantly in my most viewed graph.

devs, these are serious stats. this thread is in real need of a sticky. meanwhile, moving it to general discussion too could help. (maybe)
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/dualthreadstats.jpg

Riccits
01-04-2011, 03:16 AM
there are some trader in town who took the control over some boost items.. when u want dual spec u can spend a lot for "junk" items.... :-/
try to find a djin wand <= lvl43 under 100k....

ECHUSER
01-04-2011, 10:11 AM
know what? i can tell that this guide is pretty good. so good in fact, that just today it had 38 views. a week ago, 71 views one day.
How do i know this? i track my most popular photobucket images. The guiding images in the first page of mine are constantly in my most viewed graph.

devs, these are serious stats. this thread is in real need of a sticky. meanwhile, moving it to general discussion too could help. (maybe)

i agree. this should def be stickied. thanks Ellyidol for creating this guide. i changed my pure int mage into a dual str/int once i got cosmos set and lvl 45 d'jinn wand and followed your guide and it was pretty cool being able to switch from mage to bear wear after seeing who else was in the game w me. after playing the dual for alittle bit i can def see why it is so appealing. i actually switched back to pure int though b/c the dual lost its "shock and awe" factor to a certain degree.

Arterra
01-04-2011, 11:19 AM
i dont use djin wand. i use some dreamers thing from skeller. if you are so dirt poor cant afford it, 10 mins and you have farmed one.

Arterra
01-04-2011, 11:21 AM
i actually switched back to pure int though b/c the dual lost its "shock and awe" factor to a certain degree.

its not for shocking other players, it is so you can smash mobs with keeper staff, and be safe rushing and killing bosses in bad groups with rift.

Ellyidol
01-04-2011, 01:35 PM
You're welcome, but more thanks to the other players who have posted better builds than I have.

ECHUSER
01-04-2011, 02:28 PM
shock and awe was the name of the campaign to over throw saddam. needless to say we brought alot of firepower to bagdad. the lightning generated from the pure int mage as well as other skills is to me significantly more powerful than the dual build even w keeper or mirage staff. if i'm running w a bad group and need armor i'll switch to eye and wand and save blessing and shield for when i need it most.

Arterra
01-04-2011, 03:25 PM
ive been in groups where i have suddenly been cast as the role of tank, headfirst to rush and attack. just not a good idea with int only, and frankly i prefer variety over a liiiitle more power.

Echelong
01-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Found a way to DualSpec Hate. I just had a level 39 or below pinks and a Jacobs Helm on the pre str gear and then Changed to Hate gear. You can use the Jacobs Helm of Rift since now its worth about 10 to 15k gold for pre strength gear this gives you the 157 requirement needed for the hate pieces.

For the mage keeper gear put the creepy doll first.

Arterra
01-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Yep. Save a boost slot, and equip rift/cosmos helm. Then put on all hate. Then save that set. Voila you can switch from set to set.

Echelong
01-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Yep. Save a boost slot, and equip rift/cosmos helm. Then put on all hate. Then save that set. Voila you can switch from set to set.

Does not apply for cosmos at least with the creepy doll since it only needs 154. But you need it for rift. I am not sure about void though.

Inching
01-11-2011, 10:34 PM
anyone selling a set of booster gear for STR and INT pls?

Echelong
01-11-2011, 11:04 PM

In the CS shop get any pinks from lvl 19 to 39 you can also get 1 item from a level 45 since they are cheaper but only 1 will do if you have two 45 it won't work. For example I use a lvl 45 Imhotep eye with all the rest been lower. For str get a jacobs helm of rift (cheap at the CS shop right now) and get 39 or lower for str. It can take a while for you to get them but once you do you will be all set. Till the expansion comes.

Inching
01-12-2011, 12:30 AM
In the CS shop get any pinks from lvl 19 to 39 you can also get 1 item from a level 45 since they are cheaper but only 1 will do if you have two 45 it won't work. For example I use a lvl 45 Imhotep eye with all the rest been lower. For str get a jacobs helm of rift (cheap at the CS shop right now) and get 39 or lower for str. It can take a while for you to get them but once you do you will be all set. Till the expansion comes.

cool, thx will try it out

Ellyidol
01-12-2011, 01:32 AM

Are there no more level 19 int/str pinks in the CS? There were loads the last time I tried to get a set, I'm not sure with now.

Riccits
01-12-2011, 02:43 AM
i was wrong... its really no need to buy expensive stuff....
for example i boost cyber/shadow (doesnt matter) in 2 steps. first i equip swamp stuff to boost some INT, then i equip my old worthless thoth stuff lvl 45 and then the 50 stuff. may make some loadout for ;)

Arterra
01-16-2011, 11:33 AM
for example i boost cyber/shadow (doesnt matter) in 2 steps. first i equip swamp stuff to boost some INT, then i equip my old worthless thoth stuff lvl 45 and then the 50 stuff. may make some loadout for ;)

cant you put thoth stuff into first loadout? :S oh nv you must mean lv45 lolz
well still find a combination to have as much ao2 stuff on first loadout.

Echelong
01-16-2011, 11:54 AM

Dude easier way just use you swamp stuff but for str substitute the helm with the jacobs helm int gear is still the same you don't need Thoth or anything else. I have full hate and shadow and still equip them with 4 loadouts.

Riccits
01-17-2011, 02:31 AM
Dude easier way just use you swamp stuff but for str substitute the helm with the jacobs helm int gear is still the same you don't need Thoth or anything else. I have full hate and shadow and still equip them with 4 loadouts.

thx, but i really dont care ;)

Zeusofire
01-20-2011, 06:30 PM
thats really helpful thanx

Ellyidol
01-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Added a "Tips and Tricks" section.

Have been fiddling around with my stats (thanks mystical for the help) and I finally got around to posting it up here.

Still need to confirm some stuff so if anyone has experience out there on the stat points I mentioned, please let us know! :)

Arterra
01-27-2011, 01:41 PM

repeating. this is worth a sticky. i cant get these images off my top viewed! every day more than 20, about an average of 40.

joooox
02-01-2011, 02:52 AM
Added a "Tips and Tricks" section.

Have been fiddling around with my stats (thanks mystical for the help) and I finally got around to posting it up here.

Still need to confirm some stuff so if anyone has experience out there on the stat points I mentioned, please let us know! :)

Thanks Ellyidol on this great and useful dual spec guide!

Btw, i got a query on your recent tips and tricks section. You mentioned that for a dual build min str is 122. i have tried that but was not able to equip my rift set even after i boost my str from 4pcs of +7str (lv39 and below pinks) and then follow by 4pcs of +8str (lv45 pinks). I can only equip my rift set with min str 123, but then need total 3 loadout space. 1st loadout with 4pcs of +7str to boost from 123+28=151, then second loadout with 4pcs or 3pcs of +8 str from 151+4/3=154/155 and the final loadout with rift set. Am I missing anything or not doing the right thing here? Appreciate your advise. Thanks.

PS: No problem to equip the shadow/cosmo gear since int = 130.

Ellyidol
02-01-2011, 03:00 AM
You're welcome, more thanks to the other players in the thread :)

When you try to equip the Rift set, do you do it manually or a load out? I'm currently using 120 str + (1) +7 str helm, and 3 pcs +8 str gear. So 120 + 7 + 8 + 8 + 8 = 151.

I did need to respec though. You need to have one loadout as the rift set already. So I went 126 str, set my loadouts, and respec'd to reduce my str to 120, and raise it up 1 by 1 to test what the minimum was.

So it goes:

1. 126 + 28 = 154 Str
2. Set one of my loadouts for the Rift set.
3. Respec to reduce my str to 120. Equip booster set, then try rift. If it doesn't equip, put one more str on.
4. Repeat until rift set is actually able to be equipped. I did 122, but now was able to bring it to 120.

Let me know if it works!

joooox
02-01-2011, 03:23 AM
Thanks! So the trick is to make use of an additional respec.

I was previously trying out dual spec for the first time without any rift set as the loadout. So i have to put on the rift manually.
So now I already have one of my loadouts for the rift set. What I have to do is to repeat your step 3 and 4 above. I will definitely try it out after my work.

But just curious, the minimum req for any of the rift set is 154 str(ol helm). As you have describe above, you only manage to get 151 str after the booster set, how does the system do the calculation and allows you to use the loadout for the rift set? And any tips on the booster set? Such as the +8 must be at least helm/armor/1H/shield?

Thanks.

Ellyidol
02-01-2011, 03:30 AM
Yup, it should work now. Let me know!

Yeah, mathematically it doesn't work either, but for some reason the loadout allows it to.

As for the booster set, I personally use 1 +7 Helm, since it uses below 120 str, then I use 3 pcs of Osiris afterwards. I'm using lower level'd Osiris gear though since I'm also prepping up for the 55 expansion. The same thing should work with the loadouts, even if it says you can't equip it, the loadout should be able to :)

Mine is 120 + 31, the 31 already being in the loadout. After 151 str, use rift loadout and it works.

joooox
02-01-2011, 03:44 AM
Thanks on your great tips! :)

I will try it out later. Hopefully i have the right Osiris gear (lv45 and below) to do the magic. :)

Ellyidol
02-01-2011, 03:46 AM
Thanks on your great tips! :)

I will try it out later. Hopefully i have the right Osiris gear (lv45 and below) to do the magic. :)

You're welcome. :)

I don't think you need any 45 below pieces for dual spec on 50. Maybe on 55, maybe. Unless you want to use all osiris for your dual spec in 50, then yes you probably need below 45 :P

joooox
02-07-2011, 01:24 AM
Ellyidol,

Thanks, it's working! I am able to equip rift set from loadout with the minimum Str of 120. Same setup as yours: Helm(+7), 1H(+8), armor(+8) and shield (+8).
Btw, I do a test and notice that you can only have maximum one piece of lv45 (+8) for the dual spec on 50. Your stat will not be able to meet the minimum str req for 2 or more lv45 pieces with only one loadout.

Ellyidol
02-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Yup, I try to get my pieces from 37-43 and I'm usually able to use them. The helm helps since its level 25, so I'm able to equip helm first which boosts my str to enough. :)

I'm not sure if that is a bug or an exploit, so I'll have to see if its actually legal and proper to announce this.

Ixillicus
04-02-2011, 12:12 AM
would it be possible to equip a lv 55 dex wep while wearing lv 55 str gear? if you were going to do a mixed equip, what would the highest possible combination be? lv 55 and lv 50 or lower?

Ellyidol
04-02-2011, 12:29 AM
would it be possible to equip a lv 55 dex wep while wearing lv 55 str gear? if you were going to do a mixed equip, what would the highest possible combination be? lv 55 and lv 50 or lower?

Nope you can't do a 55 dex with 55 str.

Have yet to try 55/50 below combination though.

Ellyidol
04-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Added a new "Loadout Assumption" section in the guide.

The example used here is based on my most recent Dual Spec Guide (For Level 55) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19405-Dual-Spec-Guide-(55).), but the general concept is still the same, only the numbers are different.

Thunderspirit
05-19-2011, 06:26 AM
Thx a lot for this awesome dual spec guide !

Just created a new character yesterday and pushed this pally already to lvl 20…

I’m excited :)

Ellyidol
09-13-2011, 06:43 AM
Updated the thread to apply the new dual spec system.

I erased more than edited, really :p

Bunnyshoota
09-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Lol nice conclusion.