PDA

View Full Version : Which device? ipad air/mini

Lovingly
02-13-2014, 09:44 AM
so I was considering updating myself by getting either one of these tomorrow or before the expansion for AL!, what would you prefer? I've had an ipad mini before and was absalute brilliant, is it bigger always the better?.. :tongue:

Smilingdaisy
02-13-2014, 11:27 AM
I have the iPad Air. I love the retina display. You would definitely notice the difference (I had an iPad 2). But I'm a bit disappointed with the iPad Air since my Safari keeps crashing. I think it's an issue with the iOS 7.

Playing AL on it is nice...except my fingers hurt after playing for a while (i.e. when spamming potions)!

Chicken Fry
02-13-2014, 11:33 AM
I have the iPad Air. I love the retina display. You would definitely notice the difference (I had an iPad 2). But I'm a bit disappointed with the iPad Air since my Safari keeps crashing. I think it's an issue with the iOS 7.

Playing AL on it is nice...except my fingers hurt after playing for a while (i.e. when spamming potions)!

I agree and you'd be getting a bigger bang for your buck with the Ipad air. Only about a $100 difference between prices that is if you get the retina display mini. If not there's about a $200 difference between the air and the A5 processor mini. Still if your looking at the device for the long run, i'd suggest the air. OP 2048 resolution :banana:
- Your friendly community/communist bear Commute

Zeus
02-13-2014, 11:33 AM
iPad Air has 100% color gamut or something, while the iPad mini has only roughly 80% color gamut. So, everything will look far better than on the iPad mini. Plus, I think this version of the iPad Air is smaller than the iPad 4, right? It should be manageable.

Chicken Fry
02-13-2014, 11:34 AM
iPad Air has 100% color gamut or something, while the iPad mini has only roughly 80% color gamut. So, everything will look far better than on the iPad mini. Plus, I think this version of the iPad Air is smaller than the iPad 4, right? It should be manageable.

Theres about a .1 inch difference

Schnitzel
02-13-2014, 04:59 PM
here's a link to apple's site to compare the two, see which one fits your lifestyle

http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

(personally, I'd just get a regular iPad, dunno whats so special about the air)

Cheenivie
02-13-2014, 06:01 PM
I love the iPad mini and I don't see what's so different with the iPad air it's just lighter doesn't make a difference iPad mini barely weighs anything and iPad air is way more expensive.

Spyce
02-13-2014, 07:23 PM
iPad Air.

Lovingly
02-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Thanks guys. I've just brought the ipad air today graphics are just unreal! Powerful 1g Ram, Slightly bigger than the mini but still almost perfect :D