PDA

View Full Version : Quests

Crowsfoot
02-13-2014, 05:14 PM
I don't know if any season 1 people remember, but during the Breckenridge (and even the Dead City) campaign quests were more than kill x-boss and kill x-amount of mobs. You had to go to towns, find certain people in a certain order, etc. And almost every map had a cute little pet that needed your help. You spent a significant amount of time questing which was a fun mental task.

Of course, after a few weeks everyone knows the story line and spoils the head ache for new players. Still, I can remember running around blind for a month trying to find the "princess" for that stupid frog in the rook's hideout.

By the kraken expansion we got rid of the pets on every map, but the pirate queen quest line kept us running around to find pirates who new the secrets. Nordor also had us rummudging around in an attempt to forge the glipher. We were all frustrated by having to kill Grimr twice, but at least we were kept busy.

Shuyal dropped all quests. Besides finding the alchamist (which we were even told the location of, i.e. no challenge) during the upgrade quest we only had the task of killing mobs (and even boxes) in normal maps. It was boring.

What I'm asking is that maybe some quest lines can be added in the upcoming expansion, or even the one after that, that are more than mindless mob killing.

I would appreciate the challenge, however brief :)

Limsi
02-13-2014, 09:01 PM
Yes! It's these mini quest which adds flavor to the game!

Sheener
02-13-2014, 09:05 PM
I am one od the few with the lvl 16 mastery banner. The pve quests I agree are semi repetitive

djbigglez
02-13-2014, 09:09 PM
I also have the level 16 mastery banner and totally agree with this post. :)

Spyce
02-13-2014, 09:56 PM
Yes!
Gives AL a little flavor if you will..