PDA

View Full Version : Mage farmer?

lce
11-30-2010, 09:44 PM
What is the best mage build to farm money and gear? Please be detailed about the skills. attribute points and expensive and cheap gear

Demonicdevyn
11-30-2010, 09:49 PM
I got no clue man

I just know they go good with bears

giayuan
11-30-2010, 11:48 PM
what kinda answers that demonic? ;D
the best mage is a lvl 50 one with cosmos OL helm, laser wand, mirage robe, and gurgox eye
also, cosmos set is the most expensive set
try being more specific about what kind of info your looking for =)

Ellyidol
12-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Solo? Group?

It depends a lot on how you want to farm or define farming.

Orei
12-01-2010, 02:46 AM
Just kill kill kill. Any class/built is good. Though personally i prefer enchantress.

lce
12-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Personally I dont really care if its solo or group I pick the one that makes loads of cash :P
I heard Victory lap is the best area to farm

addiekai
12-01-2010, 02:07 PM
We don't really have much for choices here in regards to skills.

If you want to farm, and farm fast, start an instance and invite all the mages you can.

AOE = Fast kills = Faster Dungeon Runs = Fast farming

chrononh
12-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Five-mage group in Captive Audience and Crush the Keeper pwns.

addiekai
12-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Five-mage group in Captive Audience and Crush the Keeper pwns.

Exactly my point. :)

lce
12-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Keeper staff or Wand+gurgox eye??

addiekai
12-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Staff, of course to maximize damage :)

chrononh
12-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Keeper staff or Wand+gurgox eye??

it kind of boils down to personal preference, but there are a couple things that might also be considered.

If you have a choice of the different types of gear, what you use should pretty much depend on the composition of the group. Keeper staff has AOE but less armor. If someone is tanking and taking most of the damage, then staff is not a bad choice and can clear really fast. If you are insecure about dying and need the extra armor, then go with wand and eye. Although with 5 mages spamming heals and revving, there's really not much to be nervous about.

Uhm, except for when you have a chatty group and you find all level 50s flat on their backs because everyone was too busy lol'ing to hit the skills buttons.

addiekai
12-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Uhm, except for when you have a chatty group and you find all level 50s flat on their backs because everyone was too busy lol'ing to hit the skills buttons.

Oh man, this brings up some memories :p

It was back when I was level 30+ :p

lce
12-01-2010, 04:14 PM
lol Thanks. I was thinking about a Pally build to farm I heard they are better than INT mages

chrononh
12-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Dual build is the in thing. One of my mages is dual str/int with full rift/cosmos. When farming without bears, I play pally. With another pally, I go either way, depending on the mood and how good the rest of the group is. Fighting the Overlord, it's also nice to have the extra armor.

The disadvantage of the pally is the lower mana regen. I like spamming skills (usually weakness > nightmare > lightning > ice storm > firestorm > heal) and I find myself chugging mana pots much more than when I play int Mage. With a good group, I don't mind playing int Mage and spamming heals and debuffs/buffs.

Another problem with the Rift set is that the scimitar is a very slow weapon. I get too impatient and just start aoe'ing like there's no tomorrow.

As for the pally being better than the int Mage, I would say that each has her own role in the game. Much of it depends on the rest of the group, or whether you are going solo (in which case I find my dex Mage actually a better build to play). Being dual build just gives you more options.

lce
12-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Well I went with 158 INT rest on STR :| was that a bad move I have:

Keeper Staff of Cosmos
Jacobs Helm
Mirage Robe

Ellyidol
12-01-2010, 09:25 PM
158 base int?

chrononh
12-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Well I went with 158 INT rest on STR :| was that a bad move I have:

Keeper Staff of Cosmos
Jacobs Helm
Mirage Robe

I think Elly has a really good primer/thread on dual spec'ing that was posted in just the last couple of days. In a nutshell, you need four sets of gears with your base int and str at around 126. The Cosmos and Rift helms require base attributes of 154, and they add 11 int and str, respectively. The idea is then to use lower level gear that has at least 7 attribute points each to boost your attributes to 154 so you can equip the helm and the rest of the Cosmos/Rift gear.

I use Frozen Nightmares gear for most of the boosting. For low level helms, I use a level 25 Dreamers int helm and I think a level 35 str helm.

If you need more str gear, go in the consignment shop and look for Osiris gear (I think that's the one with the str bonus, otherwise it's Horus) at levels 41 or lower. Some of them have 8 str. They are also cheaper than Frozen Nightmares pinks. I didn't bother to research the int stuff because I had tons of them in stash from playing my Mage.

But go search for Elly's primer. It's a good place to start.

Ellyidol
12-02-2010, 12:52 AM
I think Elly has a really good primer/thread on dual spec'ing that was posted in just the last couple of days. In a nutshell, you need four sets of gears with your base int and str at around 126. The Cosmos and Rift helms require base attributes of 154, and they add 11 int and str, respectively. The idea is then to use lower level gear that has at least 7 attribute points each to boost your attributes to 154 so you can equip the helm and the rest of the Cosmos/Rift gear.

I use Frozen Nightmares gear for most of the boosting. For low level helms, I use a level 25 Dreamers int helm and I think a level 35 str helm.

If you need more str gear, go in the consignment shop and look for Osiris gear (I think that's the one with the str bonus, otherwise it's Horus) at levels 41 or lower. Some of them have 8 str. They are also cheaper than Frozen Nightmares pinks. I didn't bother to research the int stuff because I had tons of them in stash from playing my Mage.

But go search for Elly's primer. It's a good place to start.

Thank you!

And : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?13772-Dual-Spec-Guide.

Lesrider
12-02-2010, 01:09 AM
I've found many other items that work for boosting stats, including some Purps. So look through the items you have and try them out before buying anything more. There is a surprisingly large number of items that could work. (Speaking of which, Chronn I can give you back the two items you lent me ;) )

lce
12-02-2010, 03:50 AM
Yeah 158 INT enough to wear Cosmos and Keeper staff and the rest on Str so i gain HP Too

Ellyidol
12-02-2010, 05:49 AM
Yeah 158 INT enough to wear Cosmos and Keeper staff and the rest on Str so i gain HP Too

No problem on equipping any cosmos then. Even a loadout with your keeper staff. You should only consider the boosting gear if you plan to make your base stat lower than the gear requirement. :)

lce
12-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Haha 180 Dex and rest on INT ? For Mega blaster :P Would be cool

Pharcyde
12-04-2010, 07:05 PM
125 int 128 str cosmos and keeper staff. Farm Plasma Pyramid 1k gold a minute or 2k+ if you know how to rush it.