PDA

View Full Version : Me, You & Cross-Class Combos.

Madnex
02-14-2014, 07:00 AM
This is really a forgotten awesome side of previous Legends games. Combos, guys. I think in some early video about AL some important guy (I believe name was Fernardo) of something spoke about combos being enabled! And also here's some stuff I digged up:

In another change from the series, combat is now active. No more target lock auto-attack. Regular attack as well as skills have to be activated. The joystick from Star Legends is retained as is the “Charge” meter from Dark Legends. Combos from Pocket Legends are back in – these are activated when playing with others.Source: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/830/feature/6462 (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/830/feature/6462)

The charge up attacks from Dark Legends make another appearance but there will also be quick rapid hit attacks as well. There is also a new combo attack system where players can combine powers with other team members to unleash massive damage attacks.

There is one unique feature about class abilities and that is, when you are partied up with other players, you will be able to combine abilities to unlock massive combos. As you level up you will be able to also specialize in certain skills for further character customization.

Source: http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4667&Itemid=172 (http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4667&Itemid=172)

We've never seen or heard anything about them since then.

Solid
02-14-2014, 07:18 AM
Aimedshot, noxious, shadow piercer combos banishment!

Khairi
02-14-2014, 07:26 AM
Juggernaut , SS , Windmill :cool:

Visiting
02-14-2014, 08:31 AM
Does Geass count as a combo? :D

Anarchist
02-14-2014, 09:24 AM

There are combos in this game?!?

Spyce
02-14-2014, 09:33 AM
What combos?
People just spam skills, lol.

Drewzee
02-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Does Geass count as a combo? :D

Loool.. really? XD

notfaded1
02-14-2014, 11:30 AM
have to do a bunch of 4 char party testing... try and figure it out.

Sorcerie
02-14-2014, 11:41 AM
I wonder if this would require for a toon to specialize by having 5/5 in a particular set of skills.

For example on a mage you would need to have 5/5 in fire, ice, lightning, gale, or clock in order for these to be activated.

A lot people opt out of specializing in builds because of it's better to invest in passives, this could also be a reason why no one has seen this before, if it is in the game.

Madnex
02-14-2014, 11:44 AM
No no, this can't be the case. They were planning to implement these on an early game state so the requirements should be logically limited to unlocking/charging certain skills.

Remiem
02-14-2014, 11:45 AM
Wow. :) I'm impressed with your research. There is not really a whole "system" around it like there was in PL, but what you noticed with Grimnr was one of a few examples of a combo that affects a particular boss' weakness. There are only a few of these in the game, but they do exist. Congrats on finding one!

As for the implementation of a cross-class combo system in the game now, it's not something that's really been on the radar and with all of the exciting things already planned for this year filling up the plates of our devs it's not something that they can look into right now, but I will certainly add it to the list of "this would be nice to have" for the future. Thanks for bringing it up, and feel free to share your thoughts on it here. I'd love to hear them.

Glasveena
02-14-2014, 11:50 AM
combo? for real?? hmm cross class, so gotta be different class and all three classes together?
sorry not familiar with gaming terms :P

Madnex
02-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Aha, so it is how I assumed.

First off, thanks again for looking into this Amie! Really appreciated! :)
Secondly, here's the rest of my guestimation line.

I think it's safe to assume that, at least, each of the last bosses on every campaign has a weakness.
Also, some of them may require special conditions to be met on the boss like reaching a certain level of HP.
In case they need to be brough down to certain HP or enter rage mode (which is when the combo worked for us by the way), it's possible that other bosses capable of entering rage mode have a weakness as well (eg. Frostir).
By the above criteria, the bosses with weaknesses should be:
Bael, Mardrom, Captain Bloodhammer, Grimmr, Inan'Hesh, (+ maybe Frostir, Rutger)

If only we could confirm the requirement to achieve those amazing combos was or wasn't rage mode.. :)

There's no question that cross class combos would rock. Even one combo for each class combination would make a difference since the additional damage (combos basically double the damage of the second skill). Imagine this unorganized skill spam disappeared and instead players would actually pay attention to something more than a "warrior stays in front" strategical thinking.

It'd be a ton more fun and also require players to think, practice and learn about them. Avoiding the red zones while spamming potions and spamming two-three skills doesn't quite strike as skill now, does it? I hope in the next two years STS slows down on the aggressive market approach and this amazing system gets its chance to be implemented properly as intented!

Three hoorays for cross class combos! Hooray! Hoo.. err ok you got my point, I whoheartedly support this. Best regards! :)

falmear
02-14-2014, 12:49 PM
Ice & Time shift combos with traps when traps pull in. Its the only cross class combo I am aware of.

Pandamoni
02-14-2014, 12:52 PM
One of my favorite parts of running with groups in pl (pre-elixirs...after elixirs it was just a lost art) was doing combos and shouting MEGAAAAA COMBOOOOO lol

Thanks for bringing it up :)

Anarchist
02-14-2014, 12:56 PM
Wow. :) I'm impressed with your research. There is not really a whole "system" around it like there was in PL, but what you noticed with Grimnr was one of a few examples of a combo that affects a particular boss' weakness. There are only a few of these in the game, but they do exist. Congrats on finding one!

They exist.....

drgrimmy
02-14-2014, 01:00 PM
Yes, I miss the mega combos of PL :( I am surprised to hear that there are a few combos to take advantage of certain bosses weaknesses. You would think that with the thousands of people playing we would have heard of or seen this more before now. Must require using skills that people don't use as often (such as gale). I would love to see if you could reproduce this with Grimnr and figure out what the combo is :)

Milan Lame Man
02-14-2014, 01:20 PM
I would love to see if you could reproduce this with Grimnr and figure out what the combo is :)
The first step would be you telling what you did, as precisely as possible.
You were 4 sorcerers? Or just solo? You only describe sorcerer's skill loadout.
Also yes, charging Gale in combat is pretty rare. Otherwise I charge almost all skills, even traps ;-) Except Smash on warrior. I don't think I have seen a Weakened other than last Bracken boss.

Madnex
02-14-2014, 01:27 PM
I was thinking to start a topic for it, posting results of my research there. I might as well do that now!

Help is very welcomed, these can't be achieved solo and I'm not known for my social skills lol.