PDA

View Full Version : Drooooooooid

KingFu
11-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Curious what the community thought. For my birthday I got a Droid 2, and it's pretty 1337 if I do say so myself. I have 30 days (from the date of purchase) to decide if I wanna keep it, get a different phone, etc. I have been looking at the X, but I still like having the option of a keyboard. The other phones aren't even being put into consideration for me (Samsung Fascinate seems like X tops it, Pro is too much like a blackberry, full on candybar device. Cosmos Vortux and the Citrus just seem cheap.

There aren't many upcoming phones that take to my interest. Anyways, I think i want Droid 2 over X, but I am not sure. Which do you guys prefer? Also, if I keep Droid 2, I might spring for the R2D2 addition for the extra sexiness. :D

smoae
12-01-2010, 12:04 AM
I'm deciding between droid 2 and torch.
Torch looks great but then droid... Also epic

KingFu
12-01-2010, 12:06 AM
I'm deciding between droid 2 and torch.
Torch looks great but then droid... Also epic

Eh, Torch was OK but BB doesn't have the browsing experience like Droid. BTW, you think I should get the R2D2 one or the normal one?;)

smoae
12-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Eh, Torch was OK but BB doesn't have the browsing experience like Droid. BTW, you think I should get the R2D2 one or the normal one?;)
R2D2 costs more...
Not worth it IMO
just buy a star wars sticker or something ;)

KingFu
12-01-2010, 02:58 AM
R2D2 costs more...
Not worth it IMO
just buy a star wars sticker or something ;)

Haha, eh, but it's so sexy! Money isn't an object in this matter;)

Uctiger62
12-01-2010, 03:20 AM
All the state-of-the-art hardware for running apps doesn't mean a thing if you don't have a superior app store.

Read:Apple wins again.

ciss
12-01-2010, 07:08 AM
app store = market android -~5%

Wushu
12-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Might consider going with a current mid-range Android phone till Q1 or Q2 of next year -- I am waiting to see if the PSP phone is for real (early rumors suggest so) and/or when the dual-chip android phones drop. I am still working with my Moto Droid with Froyo (2.2) and it runs everything I've thrown at it so far.

FWIW, I've moved from a Blackberry environment, from a Windows Mobile environment, from a Palm device, etc., and I find that I use the physical keyboard less and less. I spend about 90% of my time using Swype on my touchscreen.

KingFu
12-01-2010, 04:25 PM
All the state-of-the-art hardware for running apps doesn't mean a thing if you don't have a superior app store.

Read:Apple wins again.

1) I didn't post this thread Asking which is better:)

2) About 25% of apps from iTunes are free while about 60% of android apps are free. Lol

Anyways. Which should I get!?;)

smoae
12-01-2010, 04:31 PM
This is your decision to make. Don't rely on people that you don't even know to make your decision for you. I could be the CEO of samsung for all you know...

P.S. The Galaxy S captivate looks great!...

KingFu
12-01-2010, 05:05 PM
This is your decision to make. Don't rely on people that you don't even know to make your decision for you. I could be the CEO of samsung for all you know...

P.S. The Galaxy S captivate looks great!...

I'm taking suggestions :rolleyes: