PDA

View Full Version : Elite golden chests improvements

MoloToha
02-14-2014, 01:05 PM
I noticed that Elite Golden Chests (War, Pirate, Puzzlebox) have pretty bad loot. Pirate Chest drops only mythic helm(very, very rare and cheap) and hooks(almost unreal), which don't worth their summary price. Warchests drop Mythic armor, trash amulets(trash means extremely cheap), rings and maul, good, but at miserable rate. Puzzleboxes drop only trash amulets and kershal(I don't know any people who looted it from golden). So, elite goldens are quite useless (they are opened mostly at the start of the season to get legendaries). I think, they should have more various loot table:

1) They should drop gold in the same way as lockeds (which means you get some fixed amount of a gold with a chance of additional). It's really ridiculous when you open 50k chest and get nothing (when opening lockeds you always get some gold).

2) They are harder to obtain than lockeds, so they should have bigger chance at good loot (legendary and better). Or, it should drop 4 units instead of 3.

3) I think, at the start of a new season, drop rate and loot of old seasons goldens should be increased to make them and their loot still profitable for people farming them.

4) To sum it up, a player that spends his time farming chests (or farming gold to buy them) and opening them should have the same(or just close) profit as locked opener that spends his real money or merch that spends his time scanning chat for good deals.

Also (as an optional suggestion) there can be something like Locked Elite Golden Chest which can be opened with a key looted somewhere. Chests can be tradeable, keys - no. This chest's loot should worth it's price and a time spent for looting a key.

jassisor
02-14-2014, 07:05 PM
You are right. I opened near 6 elite golden puzzlebox and got only trash items.

MoloToha
02-15-2014, 12:11 AM

People open 100 and get nothing except of trash legendaries.

Orageunas
02-16-2014, 04:27 PM

People open 100 and get nothing except of trash legendaries.
Or not even legendaries... :(

ancestor
02-17-2014, 12:43 AM
Yea I Just Get A Crap Shoot Of rares

ninrogue
02-17-2014, 06:07 AM
same here

Morholt
02-17-2014, 11:22 PM
Doesn't Talon come from warchests? And can't puzzle drop the ring, too? I think an egg or two can drop from pirates, too...

Anyway, chests are a gamble. It's like playing roulette on a wheel with 400 numbers. I

Toy
02-19-2014, 02:54 AM
+1 Its wierd that people are still opening them.