View Full Version : The *WEAKNESS* Research Thread!

Madnex
02-14-2014, 02:13 PM
For any of you unaware, check out this thread first!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?138080-Me-You-amp-Cross-Class-Combos&p=1473059#post1473059

The reason I'm making this is to post ideas, speculations and test results which will eventually lead to completely understanding how to perform all of the *WEAKNESS* skill combos! This will make those bosses much easier and certainly much more entertaining to fight!

How to identify:
If you time the required skill/arcane ability correctly, you will notice the boss being hit by a rain of fire, bowing down and staying stunned for three to five seconds. Also, a *WEAKNESS* message will pop up above his head.

List of potential bosses with weaknesses:
Ghul Bellybottom
Bael
Lord Mardrom
Captain Bloodhammer
Grimnr
Inan 'hesh

Additional bosses:
Frostir
Rutger
Mother

I invite anyone interested to assist in this research! State your IGN's people! Any results/ideas are also welcome so don't hesitate sharing! The first one has been solved, read below.

Ideas/participants welcomed!

GRIMNR:

What's both interesting and weird here is that, after that charged fireball Grimn's head is chopped off and goes away bouncing! It gets replaced instantly though.

Correction: Grimnr gets rid of his head both times when his HP reaches the aforementioned percents, even if you don't attack him.

Gore curtain has been pulled a little? :)

Plot twist!!

I finally figured out how these weakness combos are performed! The thing is, it's not really a combo. More like timing the use of certain pets' arcane ability on certain bosses.

So for Grimnr:

This can be performed on both the stun periods on 60% and 30% HP, you just need to activate Slag's arcane ability right after the camera angle resets in the end of the stun clip. It can't be stacked, only happens once per stun. So it can be performed two times.

Enjoy! :)

Discoveries(list will be constantly updated):
-Two different class players are not required. In fact, you can perform these weakness-combos by yourself.

-These combos appear to be able to be performed only in certain conditions, as suspected.

-More specifically, when their armor or movement is reduced (eg. Grimnr on 60% and 30% when he's stunned).

-Weakness combos are not class specific! This means that any sorcerer, warrior or rogue can perform them with the appropriate pet!

-According to latest findings, these weakness combos could be based solely on certain pet arcane abilities!

TuMadreee
02-14-2014, 02:15 PM
Very interesting.. I'll get to work :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Madnex
02-14-2014, 04:35 PM
As I don't see much enthusiasm, I'm adding a 250k prize for each successful *WEAKNESS* combo you find. Depending on how complicated it is, reward can scale up to 500k. :)

Rare
02-14-2014, 05:22 PM
I don't need a prize, but ill do my best to help.

I remember seeing the weakness on elite krom. Only thing I remember is it happened whenever I used nox. So some combination involving that. I'll try to get more data later.

Madnex
02-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Thanks aed! I added your accs so we can do some tests in game too, if you're interested. :)

Cero
02-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Good luck

Derezzzed
02-15-2014, 02:56 AM
Oh ik one for krom! Ill have to get you a screenshot but it's Mage charged clock (clock must hit krom directly) - Mage uncharged fire - rouge nox shot

Madnex
02-15-2014, 03:41 AM
What you're thinking is the classic WEAKENED message that pops up whenever Krom is in range of a light statue. Tried all variations of what you suggested and nothing. :/

Madnex
02-16-2014, 06:35 AM
Updated!

Madnex
02-17-2014, 12:48 AM
First one down! Woot! :D

Aquanflame
02-17-2014, 03:28 AM
As I don't see much enthusiasm, I'm adding a 250k prize for each successful *WEAKNESS* combo you find. Depending on how complicated it is, reward can scale up to 500k. :)

Lol sorry can't take part only got lvl35 warrior

Khairi
02-17-2014, 03:50 AM
I would really love to take part in this research. As I am experimenting with my warrior whether there's combos or not. :D

Approximation
02-17-2014, 03:51 AM
Good Luck Bro :subdued:

Madnex
02-17-2014, 06:02 AM
Lol sorry can't take part only got lvl35 warrior
Read the original post again, these combos are not class-specific! ;)

Hiosahaf
02-17-2014, 06:06 AM
This is pretty amazing. Gotta try it for sure once I'm back!

notfaded1
02-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Can't wait to see if Slags brothers have similar abilities! It's on!!!

Amythys
02-21-2014, 12:47 PM
There is also a Windows Cloud that I have seen several times. I know I saw it yesterday in Kraag Tomb II. I am a mage with fire, clock, lightning and heal, and I was helping a rogue.

Abuhanza29
02-21-2014, 10:14 PM
Thx, Worthy to check it out

Morholt
02-21-2014, 11:53 PM
There is also a Windows Cloud that I have seen several times. I know I saw it yesterday in Kraag Tomb II. I am a mage with fire, clock, lightning and heal, and I was helping a rogue.That's widow's cloud. It's a proc on some rogue weapons.

nikolajus112
02-22-2014, 03:12 AM
What does windows cloud do? More dmg?

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Hiosahaf
02-22-2014, 04:35 AM

It's Widow's cloud*. It's a rogue weapon proc. Don't exactly remember, have to see the weapon's info

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Anarchist
02-22-2014, 04:49 AM

Window cloud is a proc from legendary weapons like snakefangs, most of these weapons have green particle effects and cost 500 gold in the cs xD.

The proc lowers enemies hit chance and dodge by 15%. :)

Hoardseeker
02-22-2014, 05:06 AM
Test Abaddon Into Inan'hesh

Umm....Slag=Fire
Grimr=Ice

Ice Vs Fire = Fire wins=Slag wins

Hiosahaf
02-22-2014, 05:10 AM
Test Abaddon Into Inan'hesh

Umm....Slag=Fire
Grimr=Ice

Ice Vs Fire = Fire wins=Slag wins

Also try Scorch/Singe at Grimnr. I'm curious.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Madnex
02-22-2014, 07:40 AM
I've been doing tests but it's not very easy to figure which pet to use on which boss and when. Using opposite elements is not a guaranteed method either, Glacian didn't work on Mardrom for example.

I'll continue searching, I have some new theories testing out.
If I'm correct, the new boss list would be:

-Grimnr
-Inan'hesh
-Bael
-Alphawolf
-Frostir

Milan Lame Man
02-23-2014, 07:25 PM
We tested a lot of pets on Grimnr, including Wrathjaw, all mythic pets (maybe except Scorch), Orion, Clyde, Squash, you name it. So far only Slag worked.
So I don't think it's a fire thing, more likely just some random decision by designers. Which means lots of testing ahead.

Crowsfoot
02-23-2014, 10:09 PM
Your using slag to perform the "weakness" affect. You point out that he is sometimes stunned. I would like to remind you that slag's ability alone can stun bosses. The overall affect of a "weakness" blow probably does not include stun.

Crowsfoot
02-23-2014, 10:14 PM
Test glacian on grimmr and abbandond on inan'hesh

I see a possible pattern.

Madnex
02-24-2014, 02:32 AM
First off, thanks for replying to both. :)

Nope, Glacian for Grimnr is a no.

I think it's logical to assume that only one pet works for each specific boss that designers granted with a weakness.
Also, since these were probably implemented with the pets available at each season, it's reasonable to deduce that their weaknesses are bound with a limited number of pets.

Since it was verified by the devs --thanks to Amie :D-- that only few bosses have weaknesses, maybe that means we can limit the possible pet list to mythics/arcanes? At least start with them.

nikolajus112
03-05-2014, 02:28 AM
In my opinion you need stun thingy :-) slag have rly "hard" stun so its works, try smash (warrior skill) with mage clock or fire (i guess few times cuz smash sometimes not stuning) and u need do it exacly at the same second if its hp%...

Madnex
03-05-2014, 08:28 AM
I think it's pretty clear the weaknesses are linked to pet Arcane Abilities but I also think stuns might be playing a large role.

Waiting for ripmaw to go back on stable to try more bosses since no one's really interested in helping with the actual testing lol.

nikolajus112
03-05-2014, 01:38 PM
I think it's pretty clear the weaknesses are linked to pet Arcane Abilities but I also think stuns might be playing a large role.

Waiting for ripmaw to go back on stable to try more bosses since no one's really interested in helping with the actual testing lol.

I would help if i get slag or stuning ability pet :/
I gues main thing why its goes perfectly with arcane abilitys: it doesnt take dmg (am i wrong?) so boss stunned at 60% not at 59% (how would be if peps would attack, not pets)

FluffNStuff
03-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Never saw this before. Really really cool!!!! First question, do these have to be elites? Also, we were fighting Grimnr and a Meteor shower started on him in normal right after his mid-animation. Is that normal? Been a while since I fought him, and I was using Singe at the time (Arcane is basically Slag's)

Milan Lame Man
03-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Fluff, perhaps some other guildy triggered it. Most know how.
I only seen it in reg because I don't run elite Grimnr.

baddiva
03-05-2014, 01:59 PM
i think i always see that weakness thing on Gold Mine boss, grimnr, and capt krom, regardless whom with i run, or what pet I use.. I'm not so sure

deathwraithx
03-05-2014, 03:13 PM
i think i always see that weakness thing on Gold Mine boss, grimnr, and capt krom, regardless whom with i run, or what pet I use.. I'm not so sure

Ghul and krom have that when their shield goes down
Not sure about grimnr

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

Og kush
04-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Well I've been trying when I farm those place plus I'm lving up pets. And so far no luck. Do you think it's only for the head boss on each expansion ?

notfaded1
05-01-2014, 12:46 PM

here comes ripmaw... and did ne one ever try breezaga yet????

Sorcerie
05-01-2014, 12:52 PM
here comes ripmaw... and did ne one ever try breezaga yet????The only thing that Bree does is confuse party members by knocking around the bosses with push back effect, LOL - you wouldn't believe how funny it is to see players chasing around the boss because of Bree's bullying.

Madnex
05-01-2014, 09:47 PM
I tried breezaga a long time ago, didn't seem to work with any boss from the potential list. I'm keeping my hopes up for ripmaw though, I'll update if I bump on something. :)

Linkincena
05-18-2014, 09:41 AM
Ripmaw weakness effect can work on BloodHammer though. .Shark eats other sharks n fish right?

Madnex
05-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Ripmaw weakness effect can work on BloodHammer though. .Shark eats other sharks n fish right?
You you...

I actually thought someone bumped on a new one here!

This research has been frozen since the original amount of information was very limited and very few people (about two) actually offered their help in testing. Chances are that it'll stay that way for a while but rest assured, I have not forgotten it! :)

Raymond05
05-18-2014, 05:27 PM
You you...

I actually thought someone bumped on a new one here!

This research has been frozen since the original amount of information was very limited and very few people (about two) actually offered their help in testing. Chances are that it'll stay that way for a while but rest assured, I have not forgotten it! :)

Maybe try to find out if the bosses from the elite tindirin maps have "weaknesses" too.

Question: does the weakness make you damage the boss more or does it just show that the boss have a weakness but you are giving same amount of damage?

Keshav Agarwal
05-19-2014, 12:32 AM
not interested in reward
i will try t find out weakness from a mage point of view

Madnex
05-19-2014, 01:13 AM
Maybe try to find out if the bosses from the elite tindirin maps have "weaknesses" too.

Question: does the weakness make you damage the boss more or does it just show that the boss have a weakness but you are giving same amount of damage?
Drake and Alargan are the only possible cases but... From what I've found, the weakness effects were designed to block a boss from entering rage mode by stunning them a moment before they power up.

So the thing is, on bosses like Grimnr or Bael or even Frostir, you know they enter and stay in rage mode after a certain part of their HP has been depleted. On both Alargan's and Drake's cases, rage mode seems to be momentary and happen multiple times. That alone makes me skeptical on whether they have weaknesses or not but also if there is any good reason to attempt making a weakness proc occur - Drake's attacks are already very easy to evade enraged or not and in a similar logic, Alargan's attacks will oneshot you whether he's in rage mode or not, 80% of the time.

I'll see if I can find anything though for the sake of the awesome particle effects. For anyone interested in assisting, the bosses mentioned above are a good place to start. Using high rarity stun pets seems to be necessary too.

Good luck to everyone! ;)

Socrates
05-19-2014, 01:39 AM
ok bro invite me in party any time no gold I'm cool with it just want to find weaknesses lol

Visiting
03-19-2015, 08:16 PM
Where's those "regular" updates you promised, Huh, Mad?

Dragoonclaws
03-19-2015, 11:40 PM
Ghul Bellybottom has weakness periods and invincibility periods. It kinda confirms your statement that there is a specific time to weaken a boss. For Ghul, no need of skill or AA to weaken him

Dragoonclaws
03-19-2015, 11:50 PM

Dragoonclaws
03-19-2015, 11:51 PM
Mother:

Weakness: Charged Fireball
No matter how much Damage you have, a charged fireball, at anytime, will stun Mother. Doesn't work when not charged.
EDIT: The Chraged Fireball must have the "Impact" improve!!!

Weakness: Charged/ normal Gale Force
Gale force will always weaken the mother.
EDIT: MUst have unlocked "Weighted Wind" upgrade.

I tested most skills, but not Curse yet. If someone can confirm this.

What we learn from this:

Some skills have stunning effects, and they will work on some bosses. Some need to be charged, others not.

I will try gale Force and Fireball on other bosses.

Result: Not much effect.

Dragoonclaws
03-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Madnexx, I've been diggin on pet AA... not very far

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?77834-Guide-Pet-system

I think the slag weakness effect was caused by "Panic" effect

Nekro's AA has 40% chance of panic too. You might want to try that out.

Samael has 10% chance to insta kill, and has "Terrify", interresting pet to try out.

Singe has 75% stun and has "ignite" like slag

Kelvin will always stun Any boss, and will always cancel their charged/raged attacks

Clyde has "panic" AA (plat pet)

Dovabear has "Terrify"

You might want to try all of these on the potencial bosses.

For my case, I tried to combo Stun (by Kelvin) + stun (fireball/gale force) on Frostir, but no weakness. The stunning time doesn't change. I don't think it will act differently with other pets. I mean, Kelvin is probably the only pet with 100% stun...

noahgoulin
03-20-2015, 01:05 PM
Where's those "regular" updates you promised, Huh, Mad?
Lol he forgot