PDA

View Full Version : A few questions the established players ^_^

Cathleene
12-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Helllo I will get straight to the point, I have some questions
I'm a 25 Enchantress with lots of questions.

1. Is it more efficient to do alien oasis quests, (any one map in particular) over and over to level to 50... or should I keep questing?

2. Why are twinks so fun? I know what WoW twinks are, but what's the difference b/w a level 19, 20, and 21 twink. People say 20 twinks are the new fun thing, what if i'm 21, can i not fight level 20 or less twinks?

3. Is this game like diablo late game? do you run dungeons to get gear?

4. Is there a wiki site that's heavily updated and has all information on items, sets, and spells?

thanks and i apprecaite all that take time to answer these

Cathleene <3

giayuan
12-01-2010, 12:54 AM
1. alien oasis quests? cant help you there :/ If you mean alien oasis campaigns, ao2 you should dif run. ao3...youll HAVE to run it to get to lvl 50. Ao2 can only get you to lvl 47.
2. twinks are extremely fun to me =) it really depends on the players point of view. You are lvl 21. you probably cannot join most tourneys but i assure you that if you dont have a special build, you will still be pounded by the lvl 19 and 20 with special builds
3. whats diablo late game? yes, you run dungeons to get the GOOD gear. the so-so and bad gear can be bought through the NPCs in towne or from the plat store
4. i believe there IS a wiki site and many others, but dont think they are very updated. The last one i went to had been edited and screwed over by someone (the liquidation value of a lvl2 common rusted axe was 1 million gold...etc.)

Kalielle
12-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Alien Oasis 2 map 2, and Oasis 3 map 2, are the classic places to level once you get to level 30 or so... That being said, you'll miss out on a lot of the game if just run the same dungeons to level. You don't need to finish all the quests, but I recommend playing through all the dungeons at least once, and then coming back to the once you liked whenever you get bored of leveling runs. Consider that there's not that much to do once you get to level 50... so enjoy the journey. :)

For the best info about items you want to check out Yanis's awesome lists - they're sticky posts at the top of the Trader's Market forum.

Don't know much about diablo and not big on twinks, so can't add much there.

Anyways, welcome to the game! :) Add me if you like - I'm mainly on Clusterstorm these days. I'm always happy to answer questions if you have any more.

Ellyidol
12-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Helllo I will get straight to the point, I have some questions
I'm a 25 Enchantress with lots of questions.

1. Is it more efficient to do alien oasis quests, (any one map in particular) over and over to level to 50... or should I keep questing?

2. Why are twinks so fun? I know what WoW twinks are, but what's the difference b/w a level 19, 20, and 21 twink. People say 20 twinks are the new fun thing, what if i'm 21, can i not fight level 20 or less twinks?

3. Is this game like diablo late game? do you run dungeons to get gear?

4. Is there a wiki site that's heavily updated and has all information on items, sets, and spells?

thanks and i apprecaite all that take time to answer these

Cathleene <3

Hello!

1. Not quests, but doing maps over and over, yes. I don't suggest doing this if you aren't fully familiar with the AO maps and mobs/bosses though (at least in Ao3). If you do want to power level in AO, I suggest Plasma Pyramids and Crush The Keeper maps.

2. Twinks are fun because you only get a limited amount of stat/skill points, as well as limit gear. So most of pvp success lies on a good build and good skills.

3. I haven't played Diablo, but here, yes in end-game you farm maps/bosses over and over to get your gear. Or you make enough money to buy your gear.

4. Sadly, no. The most information you can get online is probably here in the forums.

Have fun!

Bigsleazy
12-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I would recommend doing the quest this time, because it's your first character. Of course you can just run the high level dungeons for faster xp, but at your level this Is basically leaching. Take the game slow, do the quests and try each area if you can. You'll learn a lot about how to play your character and you'll meet people that are the same level as you. Both are critical if you ever want to have fun