PDA

View Full Version : Best spec for lvl/end game?!

Aith
02-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Iv been researching this for days now, bow or daggers best for leveling/end game?! And what ever one is best can you post the build for it please thank, purely 100% PVE.:p

Azemen
02-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Bows for mobs (groups of baddies)

Then when you reach the boss switch to a bow for more single target damage

I would use for pure pve:

Stats go full DEX

Aimed Shot 5/5 Max it
Noxious Bolt 5/5 max it
Shadow Veil 4/5 No explosion upgrade
Shadow Pierce 2/5 only health regain upgrade

what many people say is "Rogue's survivability is dependant on their damage output" what this really means is that you would rather kill faster which allows you to stay alive longer.

When I find enemies, I ALWAYS use aimed shot, then nox, then shadow piercer then I use veil if there is a big mob. Using aimed shot first allows me to have 10% crit, nox poison DoT, and shadow piercer health. What others have always told me is that rogues are gear reliant which means they should have new gear every level.

1. Dying less, I go full on offensive, using malison and veil as much as I can. Personally I don't like using daggers, if you use a bow you tend to kill a little bit slower but barely get hurt, once you use your final trump card- pierce, run out of the mob and go for the long range attackers first.

Keep doing 1. Aimed, 2. Nox, 3. Pierce, 4. Veil

2. Faster solo runs, use aimed, nox, pierce, veil and don't get caught up on a single enemy

Aith
02-16-2014, 01:11 AM
Cool thanks man, on your rotation you only use aimed with a charge for the extra crit? Are the rest of the attacks just reg?

Azemen
02-16-2014, 01:40 AM
Well I Prefer to use the Nox Box:

The purpose of this one is to inform fellow Nox Bolt users on the proper player positioning to untilize in order to get the maximum effectiveness out of the subject skill's damage capabilities. I like to call it "The Nox Bolt Box". The tipical bow user's basic tac is to first: "Don't get hit, stay on the outside" and second: "Circle the mob to keep the agro rotating". The Pro's tac is first: ......thats another thread. Back on topic, the key to Nox is NOT to circle the mob while releasing the skill, but rather looking at the area around the mob as a "box". Releasing a charged Nox on the four equal sides of the mob insures the DoT stacks on every enemy. If you circle, you run the risk of impacting the same group due to skill cool down time vs average player movement speed. During testing, the only exception to this tech are those very dense mobs from "pro pulls" in areas such as Leet Lost Mage Mine. In those cases you're going to have to get on the inside for one release to keep the whole mob bleeding those red numbers. So, Charge, STOP, release, cycle through other skills on your way to the other side of the box...repeat. This is effective if you have at least one other skill that has a two sec cool down...which we all should have...AS and Shadow Pierce of course. Veil, Traps...etc can be worked in...with practice. Remember, "If it feels uncomfortable, then you're prob on to something" (;

So I usually charge Nox Bolt for more poison damage to more enemies and just tap everything else when I use the Nox Box strategy

Aith
02-17-2014, 08:44 PM
I'll have to try that nod bolt box also, thanks for the advise.

Azepeiete
02-17-2014, 11:00 PM
Dont try the nox bolt box it sucks