PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing missing out

GoofyYno
12-01-2010, 07:39 AM
if I don't finishing each expedition? I have been getting side quests and moving up as I complete them. I'm now at lvl 35 but just noticed my main quest are all sorely under performing : FH 7/19, DF 9/13, BC 14/29, FC 3/14, LE 9/16.

I do not want to lvl up quicker than I should because I believe experience is important. ( I started playing ancient swamps and could barely stay alive with 4-5 others playing, than later I was there with only one other- I thought I was dead, but with some effort we were able to clear the level.)

I know there is no correct way to play, but is it important to go back and finish the quests (either because I'll find something i need, open up another opportunity or prevent being looked down at latter?)

thanks

on a side note- I notice during a campaign others will be "busy" periodically. this doesn't seem to be after they level up or get some good equipment they want to use. what are they doing?

Ellyidol
12-01-2010, 07:52 AM
Well you are missing out on playing experience mostly. Its fun to do the quests on your first character especially, as it teaches you more about the game and such.

My first character pretty much did all of the quests up until Lost Expedition where I started to learn about just gaining levels and coming back to quests later. I spent days on one level to try and finish quests.

When others are "Busy", it means they're in a menu screen rather than the game. It could be their inventory, friend list, their stat/skill points, anything really that just is outside of the game screen (including booting).

Arterra
12-01-2010, 07:55 AM
The quests currently are of no real use, and are more for just finishing them for the numbers in the avatar page.

The swamps is hard side it requires little more group tactic. Birds should target and debuff those crocs with more armor and hp first and then take out weaker ones. You get used to it. Try buying frozen gear in the CS shop, really helps. Skeller returns is easier, but you miss out.

GoofyYno
12-01-2010, 08:30 AM
The quests currently are of no real use, and are more for just finishing them for the numbers in the avatar page.

The swamps is hard side it requires little more group tactic. Birds should target and debuff those crocs with more armor and hp first and then take out weaker ones. You get used to it. Try buying frozen gear in the CS shop, really helps. Skeller returns is easier, but you miss out.

Miss out on what?

I've actually gotten quite good at the swamps. it's fun. I am almost to the point where I think I may be ready to start AO1.

Arterra
12-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Miss out on what?

I've actually gotten quite good at the swamps. it's fun. I am almost to the point where I think I may be ready to start AO1.

I just meant that you would miss out swamp experience :P

Also, you maybe should do skeller right before ao1 to get a pink pitchfork of legends.

Kalielle
12-01-2010, 08:57 AM
If you think swamps are fun and easy, you are so ready to start alien oasis... :)

I wouldn't worry about finishing the quests if you are bored of doing them. There were no quests back when I leveled (gosh I feel old :D) and I still don't have most of them finished even on my level 50s. It hasn't affected my game in any way.

Fyrce
12-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Um, other than quests like 1000 snowballs, they should be easy to finish and not require days on one level. My quest characters finish quests before their max levels in an area and move on, way ahead of level requirements. Quests like 1064 Tomes, I figure, are meant to be done a little at a time, which is how I did/do those ones

As for being ready for an area, I think if you can do an area, you're ready for it. I went where I was invited and there's some crazy people out there inviting teen/tween levels for Ao2. Hell, nowadays, some of my really low levels get invited. LoL. I would say try what your friends are doing and if it's a challenge, even better. If you have gaming experience, I think that helps. You should be evaluating your skills to figure out how they fit in a group. If you are mainly a damage dealer and are in an area where you hardly do any damage, then you prob should not be there. If you can figure out how to contribute to the group, then you're prob fine.