PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a new cap! Let's get PL back to life!

Shonex
02-17-2014, 12:46 PM
As always, there are alot of new ideas for a new cap(which is not on the horizon). Players post ideas hoping that at least some of them will get implemented.
It takes time to create new stuff, new bosses, mobs, maps etc. As Samhayne said it takes time to make a new cap, and it's not going to make a lot of profits as an expansion for AL would. So, a lot of players quit(mostly "vetrans"), which over a certain period of time is a big loss. Not many players would buy platinum for lvling, new items etc. Over the time this hole gets bigger and more players leave. To stop this the Devs must make a new cap, but since they are busy with AL(and other games exept SL and DL) they don't have the time to make one.

With all this being said, I have been thinking...
We need to find a solution(for a new cap) that will:

1.Not take too much time and effort to make
2. Get some of the players back
3. Get PL going!

So, why not work with what you have?

Lets say that this will happen (stroy example):
An evil elf queen has been awakened, and she has been bribing all of the minions(bosses, mobs...) to join her in the conquest to destroy Altera.

This is a stupid example, but it will come to show that you can use the bosses, mobs, maps(modified ofcourse)that you already have to make a whole new cap. With a good story behind it this cap could come to life and be glorious as the all other caps before this one have been.
Recolor some mobs, modify some bosses, merge some maps and...BOOM!
A new cap!

It all looks nice "on paper", but could this be done?

Shonex
02-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Oops, a typo right in the title :(

QuaderupleeJr
02-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Nice suggestion there That could work

Shonex
02-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Nice suggestion there That could work

I think so too, not hard to make that's what I was going for.

xbabybugszx
02-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Recolering mobs, modifying bosses, and merging maps takes time & money, which is what they dont have for pl.

Shonex
02-17-2014, 12:58 PM
Recolering mobs, modifying bosses, and merging maps takes time & money, which is what they dont have for pl.

Yes, but comparing to the time it takes to make a whole new cap, this is a way better solution.

xbabybugszx
02-17-2014, 01:02 PM
STS wants the most bang for their buck, with that being said they wont put any effort into pl if the outcome isnt a huge profit.

Argyros
02-17-2014, 01:03 PM
A new map like shadow caves but recolored to a misty purple, add recolored mobs from ao3 and nuris. Recolor nuri items and mix up with a few new weapons. Idk.

Shonex
02-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Possibilities are endless, it just takes a fix idea and some DEV magic :)

quantionus
02-17-2014, 01:09 PM
aww i am too lazy to read but if you say it then i agree on that :)

Shonex
02-17-2014, 01:14 PM
aww i am too lazy to read but if you say it then i agree on that :)

Thanks Quan, I need your support bro(nub) :D

ooommmggg
02-17-2014, 01:18 PM
What if they took all of the nuri's items but instead made the clibs and scimitars and cobra heads the good ones and the sm and obe items the weak ones haha :)

xbabybugszx
02-17-2014, 01:30 PM
What if they took all of the nuri's items but instead made the clibs and scimitars and cobra heads the good ones and the sm and obe items the weak ones haha :)

Pvp would be weird lol.. pros in nub sets & nubs in pro sets o.O

Sheugokin
02-17-2014, 05:11 PM
PWEASE STG. Make a new cap. I am dying to get my 3 classes to cap and get 2 pc! Pleaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will luve you forever along with JB.

Extreme
02-17-2014, 05:13 PM
PWEASE STG. Make a new cap. I am dying to get my 3 classes to cap and get 2 pc! Pleaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will luve you forever along with JB.

L2playfirst.

ThePvpTwink
02-17-2014, 05:39 PM
PL has many maps that can be recycled for a new cap with some modifying, even the forg event, Halloween, winterfest...

something is better than nothing imo

Shonex
02-17-2014, 05:43 PM
PL has many maps that can be recycled for a new cap with some modifying, even the forg event, Halloween, winterfest...

something is better than nothing imo

As I said, possibilities are endless. You just need to choose the right stuff.

Forty Nine
02-17-2014, 05:52 PM
This could work, yeah.... I'm up for this :)

Remiem
02-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Very good ideas. :) Refreshing old content to bring new life to PL. We've talked about a few things kind of like this in the past. I'll pass along your idea and see what the dev team says.

Shonex
02-17-2014, 05:55 PM
Very good ideas. :) Refreshing old content to bring new life to PL. We've talked about a few things kind of like this in the past. I'll pass along your idea and see what the dev team says.

Thank you so much, we all hope that this could work :)

Forty Nine
02-17-2014, 06:31 PM
Yes finally! Someone has noticed ;)

*Applause Shone*

Xyzther
02-17-2014, 06:49 PM

Yes! Boom news: maybe new cap :0

Argyros
02-17-2014, 07:07 PM
I had some really great ideas for new content maybe I should post it.

lightzone
02-17-2014, 07:27 PM
^Definitely, loved your last idea

Ks_Leon
02-17-2014, 07:55 PM
yay new cap.

Darkterror
02-17-2014, 11:55 PM
Make a remake of aliens......they were so fun to kill :/

Plaguemaw
02-18-2014, 02:05 AM
Nuri was my favorite map set for the weird factor it has, and has more sets

Sent from my GT-P3113

Jig
02-18-2014, 04:27 AM
Nice shone this is exactly what we need, ideas ! this is great, thumbs up!

Shonex
02-18-2014, 04:29 AM
Thanks for the support guys, I hope that the Devs could use this idea for a new cap.

Shonex
02-18-2014, 04:29 AM
Lol, I'm all out of "thumbs up" to give.

Ssneakykills
02-18-2014, 09:32 AM
Good job shone great idea and a dev noticed too :p

Mage till the end
02-18-2014, 10:32 AM
Just let me cap my bird first :p

Shonex
02-18-2014, 10:56 AM
Just let me cap my bird first :p

Nevah!! You'll never cap on time :D

quantionus
02-18-2014, 11:05 AM
i m gonna read this now haha

edit: eh nice as usual.. can ya make something nub?

Shonex
02-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Yup, it depends on what you want nub :D

QuaderupleeJr
02-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Coooooooooooooooool

Argyros
02-18-2014, 12:14 PM
StS should make a contest in which the contestants submit reasonable cap ideas. An entry may include-

-Name of Cap
-Possible items
-Storyline
-Mobs/Bosses
-Quests
-Elite Weapons
-Elite cap vanity
-Layout/town/dungeon

Maybe sts could hand out like 150plat for best entry 100 for second, 50 for third, and an antenna for all contestants. Maybe sts could gather some of the communities thoughts and ideas for a new cap. Also, in general, the goal would be to find cool looking items/maps/mobs already in game, and to recolored those. That may be the most reasonable imo. Just a thought.

Shonex
02-18-2014, 12:49 PM
StS should make a contest in which the contestants submit reasonable cap ideas. An entry may include-

-Name of Cap
-Possible items
-Storyline
-Mobs/Bosses
-Quests
-Elite Weapons
-Elite cap vanity
-Layout/town/dungeon

Maybe sts could hand out like 150plat for best entry 100 for second, 50 for third, and an antenna for all contestants. Maybe sts could gather some of the communities thoughts and ideas for a new cap. Also, in general, the goal would be to find cool looking items/maps/mobs already in game, and to recolored those. That may be the most reasonable imo. Just a thought.

Why not? It's a great idea, that would save up time :)

Shonex
02-18-2014, 06:20 PM
So, have any of the Devs read this? And if they have, what so they think?

Could this be done?

SillyJuan
02-18-2014, 06:25 PM
How about a quest to get other cap vanities? For example killing 76 elite reed dragons. Or getting 100k xp again.

fourleaf
02-18-2014, 06:27 PM
elite shadow witch boss pls :D

snowfu
02-18-2014, 06:31 PM
As always, there are alot of new ideas for a new cap(which is not on the horizon). Players post ideas hoping that at least some of them will get implemented.
It takes time to create new stuff, new bosses, mobs, maps etc. As Samhayne said it takes time to make a new cap, and it's not going to make a lot of profits as an expansion for AL would. So, a lot of players quit(mostly "vetrans"), which over a certain period of time is a big loss. Not many players would buy platinum for lvling, new items etc. Over the time this hole gets bigger and more players leave. To stop this the Devs must make a new cap, but since they are busy with AL(and other games exept SL and DL) they don't have the time to make one.

With all this being said, I have been thinking...
We need to find a solution(for a new cap) that will:

1.Not take too much time and effort to make
2. Get some of the players back
3. Get PL going!

So, why not work with what you have?

Lets say that this will happen (stroy example):
An evil elf queen has been awakened, and she has been bribing all of the minions(bosses, mobs...) to join her in the conquest to destroy Altera.

This is a stupid example, but it will come to show that you can use the bosses, mobs, maps(modified ofcourse)that you already have to make a whole new cap. With a good story behind it this cap could come to life and be glorious as the all other caps before this one have been.
Recolor some mobs, modify some bosses, merge some maps and...BOOM!
A new cap!

It all looks nice "on paper", but could this be done?
I must say, this is the awesomest thing in PL ever. My main concern now is items. You will need to make a lot of items based on the setting. Vanity? Totally optional. You will need to make elite items for level 81, the next elite cap.

Shonex
02-18-2014, 07:09 PM
I must say, this is the awesomest thing in PL ever. My main concern now is items. You will need to make a lot of items based on the setting. Vanity? Totally optional. You will need to make elite items for level 81, the next elite cap.

Wow! Thanks for the nice words, coming from a player like you that means a lot.
Its up to the Devs to decide, we have to see if the idea would get implemented and only then we can continue to talk about the stuff that will be used.

Argyros
02-18-2014, 07:22 PM
Imo, there is ONLY one item in game that is suitable for reuse in pl for the l81 elite vanity armor. It is worn by the one and only farrow the forger lol-
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/19/e8ysyqyp.jpg

Shonex
02-18-2014, 07:25 PM
Imo, there is ONLY one item in game that is suitable for reuse in pl for the l81 elite vanity armor. It is worn by the one and only farrow the forger lol-

This is a must have, look at this armor! I better go waste my whole life savings to buy plat, just to cap and get that armor :D

lightzone
02-18-2014, 07:26 PM
Never noticed that dudes armor, lol. He looks like a boss (needs to lose that antenna though)

Argyros
02-18-2014, 07:30 PM
This is a must have, look at this armor! I better go waste my whole life savings to buy plat, just to cap and get that armor :D

Haha yup. Check out his leg/shoulder pads. They would match the l76 elite eye and monarch helm if sts brightened the color slightly, and added some gold trim Here another pic-
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/19/tu2ypyty.jpg

Never noticed that dudes armor, lol. He looks like a boss (needs to lose that antenna though)

Lol that antenna event was intense.

Shonex
02-18-2014, 07:33 PM
Great ideas starting to pour in, the whole community wants a cap!

Come on Devs, please say YES (or: ok, deal, roger, yup...)! :D

Suentous PO
02-18-2014, 08:04 PM

Only one item?!?
............... Sure about that?

I can think of another

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r586/stephencobear/ABB99979-6428-4D98-A750-7DD9B5E36271.png (http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/stephencobear/media/ABB99979-6428-4D98-A750-7DD9B5E36271.png.html)

Yellow dragon set suckas !BWUAHAHAHA

Caiahar
02-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Shadow dragon set <3
But really, shouldn't PvP be fixed first? Because at 81 cap, there will be a commotion on the excessive amount of skills, maybe even to the point of higher skill caps.

Cheenivie
02-18-2014, 10:19 PM
I think it would be cool of they made a contest (as deuv said) that way we can get what we want and it would be a nice community building activity

Shonex
02-19-2014, 02:52 PM

Are there any news? Have you told the Dev team about this, and if you have, what are their reactions and thoughts?
I'm just so excited that this has the possibility of getting implemented :)

OFWGKTA
02-19-2014, 03:24 PM
Awesome.

Cavoc
02-20-2014, 12:12 AM
Can one of the bosses be the elf queen, so I can kill her for all of these 1.25 armor blessings:)

Shonex
02-20-2014, 03:07 AM
Lol, my Blast shot wants new blood! :P

Chopper
02-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Can one of the bosses be the elf queen, so I can kill her for all of these 1.25 armor blessings:)

LOL. If you kill her, she will spill out a million orange antenna and LOL vanity shields ha ha

Sometimes a 1.25 armour blessing is the better option :)

Burstnuke
02-20-2014, 08:49 PM
Alien oasis part 4... hehe

Xyzther
02-23-2014, 05:34 PM
New cap Idea: Cuard is the final boss

Kiwihawk
02-23-2014, 05:43 PM
New cap Idea: Cuard is the final boss

No no, Cuard Cloudwater Aziwhatever And Usababa, Then

Shonex
02-23-2014, 06:18 PM
Looks like:

-No cap

For a loooong time.

fourleaf
02-23-2014, 07:10 PM
Alien oasis part 4... hehe
actually could be cool idea cuz they alrdy have the desert textures many bosses could be re used.
Maybe make more egyptian theme to it,
could use the nuris reptilian helms as trash items, up the looks on old mynas armors, recolor the shock lance and galzyx staff, and pharoah bows as usable trash items.
Then when more time comes along make new actual set items. Perhaps like egyptian god masks, like the bird, crocodile, and cat.

Although imo gear/skills/stats really need revamped first.
Phoenix bow has too much dmg
Savage Scythe has way too much
Savage set has far too much dodge
Fiery set has too low armor

Dodge skills(mainly bears) either need nerfed or dodge mechanic needs modified
Damage is way to high when it crits
Foxes need some type of hit debuff
negative health regen should drain your health
hit debuffs are too strong
rage is far too powerful
rhinos need more actual skills

possibly add new attribute types

Oldcoot
02-23-2014, 07:15 PM
We've come a long way from complaining about a reused item to wishing we had a reused item

Chicken Fry
02-23-2014, 07:19 PM
New cap would be great. I'll be the person to buy up all the newly discontinued elite weapons :chuncky:

Cheenivie
02-23-2014, 08:49 PM
We've come a long way from complaining about a reused item to wishing we had a reused item

Goes to show how desperate we are.

Darkterror
02-23-2014, 09:17 PM
The issue its that people here never get togueter and ask for something they want. Instead they complain about details. If everyone asks for a lvl cap. you might get it....but stop asking so many things and focus on a lvl cap update.

Shonex
02-24-2014, 01:24 AM
The issue its that people here never get togueter and ask for something they want. Instead they complain about details. If everyone asks for a lvl cap. you might get it....but stop asking so many things and focus on a lvl cap update.

+1 !
This is true! We will complain and get nothing eventually.

Jig
02-24-2014, 04:29 AM
Honestly, just release a lvl cap, I mean, a new cap thats it? Maybe spend a little time in stats and stuff thats all? Not like they used to all new themess weapons colour. Just a cap, a better adjustment with them sets to something NEW, and maybe a few other little things to throw in from other players suggesting, and there you are, now let's get Crackadackalin! Give em time, must be strategizing and working something out when they can, they wouldn't always have time to get around the table and discuss PL, they have other things to do+talk about AL, so wait till they find time to get them discussions in every now again and they should sort something out over-time. :)

So keep racking them ideas up, it helps and makes it an easier job for them! I still have some hope left!

Shonex
02-24-2014, 05:59 AM
We should help, not complain. We should suggest ideas for a new cap.

Rushorgtfo
02-24-2014, 08:55 AM
YES WE NEED A NEW CAP

FINALy a dev noticed I think I'm going to have Heart attack.

Just rebalance state and re use a dungeon like mount fang was. That cap was barely new. Just give us new gear y'all will make profit XD pocket legends was STS successors many players will come back to PL just because a new cap. ALL the anticipation for just a update. I myself will purchase 2000 platinum come a new cap.

Rushorgtfo
02-24-2014, 09:10 AM
We should help, not complain. We should suggest ideas for a new cap.

They have geniuses in their studio. If they want to release a cap for us they easily could. We all feel deprived. Your asking zombies not to eat :P we need new content.

Rushorgtfo
02-24-2014, 09:18 AM

Sorry for 3 post in a row. #spam im just excited a dev replied. Remiem if the STS team decideds to refresh old content as a cap and see how much profit they yield versus time and money spent on it and see wether or not a full new cap is worth creating. Black smoke mountain was a huge success so I unfortunately can't see why another cap didn't follow it.

fourleaf
02-24-2014, 07:51 PM
tbh tho I'm pretty sure the idea isn't the problem, didn't they have it themed out to like level 100?
Its the implementation thats not happening
Maybe they do need help though(always thought a circus theme was a stretch) and I am definately not saying just complain or trying to destroy the creativity here, rly great honestly.

Rushorgtfo
02-25-2014, 10:27 AM
I hope they think of something

Chopper
02-25-2014, 10:59 AM
tbh tho I'm pretty sure the idea isn't the problem, didn't they have it themed out to like level 100?
Its the implementation thats not happening
Maybe they do need help though(always thought a circus theme was a stretch) and I am definately not saying just complain or trying to destroy the creativity here, rly great honestly.

agree. thinking up ideas can't be that hard since the community seems pretty flexible on whatever it is. It's putting hours in to develop it when they feel the hours they spend can make them more money in other games. Sad.

Darkterror
02-25-2014, 11:22 AM
They should of never separated their fans with different games.

Ssneakykills
02-25-2014, 11:27 AM
Just goes to show we don't need to complain to get a devs attention :p

Xyzther
02-25-2014, 03:09 PM
If there's new cap I will give 69k to first person to trade me

Shonex
02-25-2014, 05:38 PM
I'll give 70k.

Jig
02-26-2014, 03:09 AM
If there's new cap I will give 69k to first person to trade me

(69) kay? hay? lel

dijnes
02-27-2014, 03:22 PM
A virus tht takes up previous mob bosses ? Then u can have plague wepons. Apocolyptic ?just idea

Rushorgtfo
02-28-2014, 09:06 AM
A virus tht takes up previous mob bosses ? Then u can have plague wepons. Apocolyptic ?just idea

Sounds cool