PDA

View Full Version : regarding jester vanities

Solid
02-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Could a Dev confirm if they won't be released in the future or be re colored and released?

I don't wona spend a buttload of gold for a month of exclusivity.

Zeus
02-17-2014, 03:24 PM
Could a Dev confirm if they won't be released in the future or be re colored and released?

I don't wona spend a buttload of gold for a month of exclusivity.

This would be great.

However, I would LOVE if developers gave people the chance to buy it with platinum. It seems like a lot of people like it, so why not?

Solid
02-17-2014, 03:27 PM
This would be great.

However, I would LOVE if developers gave people the chance to buy it with platinum. It seems like a lot of people like it, so why not?

Maybe that was the whole point of the contest? To build up envy and desire, then STS could release it for a flood of buyers.

Crowsfoot
02-17-2014, 03:28 PM
At least make the sets tradeable

Zeus
02-17-2014, 03:29 PM
At least make the sets tradeable

They're tradable, just they were only released to contest winners.

Crowsfoot
02-17-2014, 03:31 PM
They're tradable, just they were only released to contest winners.
Wow, I need to log on haha. Expect me to inquire in game once I finish lunch, Zeus.

Samhayne
02-17-2014, 03:33 PM
They likely will be recolored (right now I'm thinking a Black and White version would be fun for the store) and released in the future.

Solid
02-17-2014, 03:34 PM
They likely will be recolored (right now I'm thinking a Black and White version would be fun for the store) and released in the future.

Darn... Thanks for info.

Limsi
02-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Oh recolored.. now that made me think. Congrats to all winners!

Azemen
02-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Great, so you are saying it will be sold in the Store for plat in the near future?

Sorcerie
02-17-2014, 03:37 PM
Great, so you are saying it will be sold in the Store for plat in the near future?He said likely, which is enough for me to think yes...

Sorcerie
02-17-2014, 03:37 PM
They likely will be recolored (right now I'm thinking a Black and White version would be fun for the store) and released in the future. Royal Blue, Green, and Silver!!!

csyui
02-17-2014, 03:42 PM

I prefer a more lightful and colorful version of it.

Xpolosion
02-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Keep for winners lol

Kakashis
02-17-2014, 03:45 PM

Wooo! I'll just wait for the black and white plat version then! I want to look like jokers sidekick!

Zeus
02-17-2014, 03:46 PM
Black and white? That sounds even more awesome than the original! I'll definitely be waiting it out. :)

*cough* Lims, sounds like you have enough money for banana bow now. *cough*

Man, I'm really sick today. :/

Morholt
02-17-2014, 03:50 PM
He said likely, which is enough for me to think yes...That means all we need are the typical 50 or so whiny threads of people begging Sts to give them something.
Get to it AL community!

Zeus
02-17-2014, 03:51 PM
That means all we need are the typical 50 or so whiny threads of people begging Sts to give them something.
Get to it AL community!

Pls, STG, pls. Don't make me do dis. D:

wvhills
02-17-2014, 03:54 PM
let's not forget that they may change their minds. :)
haha. Seriously, I'm not even trolling. Sts has changed their minds a bunch of times in the past so i wouldn't make any decision to buy/sell based on sam's statement. He even said "likely" so that's some wiggle room.

octavos
02-17-2014, 03:59 PM

fantastic, now for the contest...it was a HUGE turnout...just because its not available for all. But a Black and white version is awesome...kinda like a joker ;)
its not so bad once you add different colors tho...take a look at some samples I made. A poll would be nice so people can vote :)

pic credits Limsyoker

and a re-color (I like this one more addd errr..character)

and a 3rd

Harley quinn (great for female rogues)

Pandamoni (because its 49'ers colors)

Sorcerie
02-17-2014, 04:02 PM
fantastic, now for the contest...it was a huge turnout...just because its not available for all. But a black and white version is awesome...kinda like a joker ;)

63653:blue:

Spell
02-17-2014, 04:12 PM
Woah black and silver @,@ that's even better! (Although red&black would make rouges supah smexy huhu) =p

Anarchist
02-17-2014, 04:12 PM
fantastic, now for the contest...it was a HUGE turnout...just because its not available for all. But a Black and white version is awesome...kinda like a joker ;)

pic credits Limsyoker

It definately looks smerfy!

Laveen
02-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Awesome

octavos
02-17-2014, 04:19 PM
I did 4 additional colors check them out ;)

Sorcerie
02-17-2014, 04:28 PM
I did 2 additional colors check them out ;)The second one is sick!

I def approve~

Zeus
02-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Original colors would be awesome too, if possible!

ancestor
02-17-2014, 04:58 PM
I Like How There Selling For 10M+ But There's Cooler Colors Coming Out, I Would Never Pay That For A Different Color Item, It They Were Smart They Would Ask For 5M At Most, Cus ItS Going To Take Forever To Sell At There Price, And By The Time They Sell The Cooler Color Is Out And No One Wants The Other As Much. So Prices Go Way Down.

csyui
02-17-2014, 05:10 PM
I Like How There Selling For 10M+ But There's Cooler Colors Coming Out, I Would Never Pay That For A Different Color Item, It They Were Smart They Would Ask For 5M At Most, Cus ItS Going To Take Forever To Sell At There Price, And By The Time They Sell The Cooler Color Is Out And No One Wants The Other As Much. So Prices Go Way Down.

This won't affect the uniqueness of contest vanity due to its extreme rarity. I think its price will still go up to 10M.
However, the release of same type vanity will decrease the number of buyers for contest vanity.

ancestor
02-17-2014, 05:53 PM
This won't affect the uniqueness of contest vanity due to its extreme rarity. I think its price will still go up to 10M.
However, the release of same type vanity will decrease the number of buyers for contest vanity.
Exactly And What Happens When The Buyer Market Decreases?

Pandamoni
02-17-2014, 05:57 PM
People will still want the exclusive item. When someone wants something due to exclusivity they don't want it for looks, they want it because it's exclusive.

octavos
02-17-2014, 06:07 PM
People will still want the exclusive item. When someone wants something due to exclusivity they don't want it for looks, they want it because it's exclusive.

people will complain becuse thats all they know also. But like all stg games there is no "exclusivity" forever..only just for a little while. (The PL Shield in PL or vanitys in SL, PL, DL, that have been re-colored)..when demand here on forums surpasses the exclusivity....they will make changes to please the masses. So I wouldn't doubt that people will start to complain, I will see threads like these pop up from now on XD.

Pandamoni
02-17-2014, 06:09 PM
but like all stg games there is no "exclusivity" forever..when demand here on forums surpasses the exclusivity....they will make changes to please the masses.

I'm just kind of shocked and grossed out by the sour grapes people are displaying (not you). I will say, though, that the silver and black is way too much like the raiders colors! Do a red and gold for us niner fans :p

bloodpack004
02-17-2014, 06:19 PM
its not so bad once you add different colors tho...take a look at some samples I made.

The red and black looks amazing! Hope the devs consider doing this version of it..

octavos
02-17-2014, 06:21 PM
The red and black looks amazing! Hope the devs consider doing this version of it..

yup rouges will look good in it..and warriors..i think the winner is red and black.

Do a red and gold for us niner fans :p

done

Jhawkeye
02-17-2014, 09:06 PM

people will complain becuse thats all they know also. But like all stg games there is no "exclusivity" forever..only just for a little while. (The PL Shield in PL or vanitys in SL, PL, DL, that have been re-colored)..when demand here on forums surpasses the exclusivity....they will make changes to please the masses. So I wouldn't doubt that people will start to complain, I will see threads like these pop up from now on XD.
Where are those black dragon sets on PL? Or those elite items?

Solid
02-17-2014, 09:07 PM
Where are those black dragon sets on PL? Or those elite items?

Black dragon gives the best ring in the game.....

Crowsfoot
02-18-2014, 12:32 AM
For jesters sets: try a midnight blue and flat silver

Ps: I agree, red black and silver looks best so far.

Wizzards
02-18-2014, 02:27 AM

Cant wait for this, if this will be approved.
I wish it will gonna be at the end of february XD

Approximation
02-18-2014, 03:03 AM
wow its Cool vanity

Fyrce
02-18-2014, 03:08 AM
Since it was Jester Vanity of Love, let's hope a version doesn't return till next Valentine's Day!

megumirei
02-18-2014, 03:16 AM
i agreed :)

epicrrr
02-18-2014, 03:33 AM
A recolored version is a nice idea, black and white is BAWSSSSSSSSSSsssss!

VanRah
02-18-2014, 04:48 AM
Black n white?! W Juventus!!! XD

Kakashis
02-18-2014, 05:00 AM
yeah, I'll take black and white or black and red anyday! I can't wait for those vanities and I really like the look on the rogue!

ElfDreamer
02-18-2014, 05:24 AM
Black+white+red, amazing!!!!!! Cool!!!
Sts plz chose this color ... XD

Sheener
02-18-2014, 08:52 AM
Sell your jester vanity fast. Wont be worth much if a new one comes out

Andrisber
02-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Maybe add a red and black version too? That could look cool!

octavos
02-18-2014, 11:25 AM
many liked the red/black version..so heres the whole set. Cant really use black because you would lose detail in muscle tones (unless the muscle tones can be done on the devs side). So thats why its a dark gray.

so if there is going to be a recolor.....red and black would be the best ;)

Anarchist
02-18-2014, 12:16 PM
#awesome.
#fresh.
#ilikeit.
#takemyplats.
#givemethevanity.
#thanks.

Nagin
02-18-2014, 01:31 PM
its not so bad once you add different colors tho...take a look at some samples I made. A poll would be nice so people can vote :)

pic credits Limsyoker

and a re-color (I like this one more addd errr..character)

and a 3rd

Pandamoni (because its 49'ers colors)

Love u bro

octavos
02-18-2014, 01:37 PM
Love u bro

lov ya too ;)

baddiva
02-18-2014, 06:35 PM
I think the contest version has better color... The recolor versions seem pale. Maybe something like pink, yellow or orange can brighten the day...

Anyway, i still prefer the contest version, because it's very exclusive... Unfortunately i didn't win :'(

Solid
02-18-2014, 09:18 PM
The way I see it, these exclusive sets are the "criers".

The plat black/white sets would be the epic heraldics, or locked crate gear.

Crowsfoot
02-18-2014, 09:46 PM
many liked the red/black version..so heres the whole set. Cant really use black because you would lose detail in muscle tones (unless the muscle tones can be done on the devs side). So thats why its a dark gray.

so if there is going to be a recolor.....red and black would be the best ;)
I can't stop thinking Harley Quinn, lol. Looks good though.

Titanium
02-19-2014, 08:02 AM

True story.. Im one of the people who pay for exclusivity... and many others start to do aswell.

The way I see it, these exclusive sets are the "criers".

The plat black/white sets would be the epic heraldics, or locked crate gear.

Why another vanity ? I preffer another legendary set like that with same stats as Tarlok.

Cryrus
02-19-2014, 08:20 AM
Sell your jester vanity fast. Wont be worth much if a new one comes out

nah the new ones will be out 4-6 months.. not this expansion..

and even the new one will come out.. still the original color will remain 46 pcs total set.

Rare
02-19-2014, 09:25 AM
I love how this thread has gone.

Let me ask you a question. What do you think is more attractive? More desireable? The <<Forerunner>> (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?104668-L9-Founder-amp-Forerunner-Rogue-Sets-(Season-1-Pink-rarity)-Very-rare) gear or the <<Epic Heraldic gear>> (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?104724-Heraldic-Warrior-Rogue-Sorcerer-Sets-(Season-1-Purple-rarity)-Very-rare)? IMO, I think Forerunner actually looks better. But what makes Heraldic more "sexy"? Its not the looks. Its the rarity. Its a status symbol.

So all of you saying that the Jester will be "worthless" because it may not look as good... think again. Think hard about it. When everyone in the land has a recolored Jester suit like the other vanities in game, which do you think will be more "sexy"

Sure, maybe I seem biased, but I'm not selling mine and I don't really care about the value. Honestly, kind of makes me a little sick to see/hear the tactics people are pulling on others in game to get these from them:

"STS said they will rerelease these recolored so they are only worth 10m."
*BUYS for 10m*
"Selling Jester set. Super rare. Only 40 in game. 15m"

octavos
02-19-2014, 09:41 AM

Let me ask you a question. What do you think is more attractive? More desireable? The <<Forerunner>> (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?104668-L9-Founder-amp-Forerunner-Rogue-Sets-(Season-1-Pink-rarity)-Very-rare) gear or the <<Epic Heraldic gear>> (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?104724-Heraldic-Warrior-Rogue-Sorcerer-Sets-(Season-1-Purple-rarity)-Very-rare)? IMO, I think Forerunner actually looks better. But what makes Heraldic more "sexy"? Its not the looks. Its the rarity. Its a status symbol.

So all of you saying that the Jester will be "worthless" because it may not look as good... think again. Think hard about it. When everyone in the land has a recolored Jester suit like the other vanities in game, which do you think will be more "sexy"

Sure, maybe I seem biased, but I'm not selling mine and I don't really care about the value. Honestly, kind of makes me a little sick to see/hear the tactics people are pulling on others in game to get these from them:

*BUYS for 10m*

Maybe, but its actually easy just for stg to release the jeters without the recolors so all can purchase them. Because like I said in an early post...exclusive items don't last long. Look at PL and the PL shield and sl vanitys and dl's vanitys. Not tring to fight with you aedenos, but its just a fact. As for the price yes it won't be worth as much...but it will atill be valuable. Just not as much as people who own them would hope for.

Rare
02-19-2014, 09:51 AM
Maybe, but its actually easy just for stg to release the jeters without the recolors so all can purchase them. Because like I said in an early post...exclusive items don't last long. Look at PL and the PL shield and sl vanitys and dl's vanitys. Not tring to fight with you aedenos, but its just a fact. As for the price yes it won't be worth as much...but it will atill be valuable. Just not as much as people who own them would hope for.

With those examples you gave, there are just as many examples of "exclusive items" that have not been re-released.

AL: Winter Arlors, Heraldics, Criers, Forerunner, etc etc
PL: Black Dragon, Droid Costume, Elite Cap Items
DL: Undead Masks

So to say "its just a fact" is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm tired of watching people preach to other people about "fact", just to make a buck. When it happens, it happens. Mislead people and acting as though its been confirmed is pretty low rent IMO.

Cryrus
02-19-2014, 10:04 AM
With those examples you gave, there are just as many examples of "exclusive items" that have not been re-released.

AL: Winter Arlors, Heraldics, Criers, Forerunner, etc etc
PL: Black Dragon, Droid Costume, Elite Cap Items
DL: Undead Masks

So to say "its just a fact" is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm tired of watching people preach to other people about "fact", just to make a buck. When it happens, it happens. Mislead people and acting as though its been confirmed is pretty low rent IMO.

100% true.... they want to pull down the price... lol guess what owners wont sell it cheap..

even sts will make a new colored one it wont be as sexy as the original one.

that it would take 3-6months im sure they wont rune it for this expansion.

octavos
02-19-2014, 10:26 AM

AL: Winter Arlors, Heraldics, Criers, Forerunner, etc etc (available to the masses, used plat)
PL: Black Dragon, Droid Costume, Elite Cap Items(most available to the masses, used plat and effort)
DL: Undead Masks(available to the masses, used effort)

well, since we are talking about jester..sam pointed it out that they would be recored and released in the future. Sam already confirmed they will be recolored, but the one you stated for AL those were starting sets and you could purchase with plat and Winter Arlors so they were released to the masses and are still purchasable. PL and SL have cap items that were also obtainable to the masses for the work you put into the game to cap your toon. and well DL, it was an event item available too.. guess what...you were able to obtain it with the effort you put in. So I stick with my "ITS A FACT" statement and because what I do preach is the truth and yes sometimes it hurts bud. Yes many want to just get a few bucks out of it as you can see many are already selling there "Exclusive sets" and try to scam to get what other people don't have, but all we can do is use the report function.

Guessing from how many thanked my post about the recolors...people do want it, and would be willing to pay plat prices that are reasonable. Not millions for a pink and purple item that people in-game would nickel and dime you for. I know Im waiting for the recolor, and just because I didn't win I know that I entered just like many others in hope that I would be one of the chosen ones.

Jesters was a select few that was not released to the masses (which is a contest like android vanity BTW only a few were given out) and thats why you see posts like these, To please the masses is better then a few. Im sorry you don't like my choice of wording but Im tying my best. No hard feelings Aed. your bud

:ghost:

Haligali
02-19-2014, 10:59 AM
Steel heraldic is just a recolored crier also, 20k vs 20m.

Rare
02-19-2014, 11:03 AM
Unfortunately Ghost... and you know I have utmost respect for you... Its not truth until a) it happens b) its confirmed AND it happens.

Regardless of how those other items are obtained, the fact remained, they are exclusive, and they haven't returned. Recolored items, that's fine, as I mentioned in my post. That's not going to change the value of the original ones. The fact that they are unique will keep the price high... and likely increase.

And, btw, the example I made was not of you, sorry if it came accross that way. Instead, it was directed to the many merchs that have pmed me in particular asking for lowball prices on the vanities. Then when I say "no thanks", they proceed to tell me its not going to be worth much when the new ones come out.

octavos
02-19-2014, 11:08 AM
Unfortunately Ghost... and you know I have utmost respect for you... Its not truth until a) it happens b) its confirmed AND it happens.

Regardless of how those other items are obtained, the fact remained, they are exclusive, and they haven't returned. Recolored items, that's fine, as I mentioned in my post. That's not going to change the value of the original ones. The fact that they are unique will keep the price high... and likely increase.

And, btw, the example I made was not of you, sorry if it came accross that way. Instead, it was directed to the many merchs that have pmed me in particular asking for lowball prices on the vanities. Then when I say "no thanks", they proceed to tell me its not going to be worth much when the new ones come out.

I like the original colors and I hope they are never released (jesters I mean)...Because I know if I won, I would be a bit angry also if they were not recolored. Sorry thought that was directed towards me, and for all those low-ball merchers...I hope it stays high..I would keep those puppies just because i am a collector ;) and I would never sell (as long as the original ones never are released the price will stay high)..thats why I have 3 undeads in DL ;) because I worked hard for those.

Rare
02-19-2014, 11:14 AM
I like the original colors and I hope they are never released (jesters I mean)...Because I know if I won, I would be a bit angry also. Sorry thought that was directed towards me, and for all those low-ball merchers...I hope it stays high..I would keep those puppies just because i am a collector ;) and I would never sell..thats why I have 3 undeads in DL ;) because I worked hard for those.

Yeah... I remember farming for those... constantly. I had 3. I tried selling a couple. But to be honest, I couldn't sell because I couldn't find a value. I ended up giving 2 away recently.

VenomsChaos
02-19-2014, 06:58 PM

*BUYS for 10m*

+10000

really you said samething what i was thinking last days... i didnt said because bad english...

if you guys want it on store, you should want other older rare items to... and if STS gonna sell a version of jester, they should do it on every rare items to...

VanRah
02-20-2014, 05:49 AM
Aedenos if u sell the vanities to merchants double the price! They ask for lowball prices but they claim u to buy from them at expensive prices pffffff plus they caused the loss of the green arlor vanities for many players... revenge time has came!!!

Limsi
02-20-2014, 09:10 AM
I like octavos' version! I'm willing to mix and match the original one with his set any time of the day. As for exclusivity, yes there are people who are willing to pay a lot just to obtain "THE" status symbol (right on the spot Aedenos and Panda)I for one would be considered as one of those who do not care of shelling out more than what is expected to be the price of a vanity. We all have things that we give high value of; some people would pay gazillions for a pet, some would pay even more for a green or purple item and some would pay more than what Samael is currently worth for a vanity set.

Even before the contest was officially posted, I was one of the lucky few to have a sneak peek in game (courtesy of Delphina) of the new and exclusive Jester vanity set. I really knew that I had to have my hands on it even if it meant topping the offers of my fellow collectors. Unfortunately, little miss Limsy here did not win the contest and she knew to herself that the only way of obtaining a set would be by means of purchasing em via trade. So apparently limsy got lucky enough to spot a seller for a ridiculous amount of price. There was a little bit of hesitation at first, after all it's not like **,000,000 is just a small amount of cash. The moment I finally laid my hands on the set, I became genuinely happy!

If they are rereleased in a recolored version, I won't regret buying the original one. If they rerelease them as a part of some contest reward, I still won't be mad; after all they're still exclusive. Now if they rerelease the exact same thing to the public in the future.... see me after class STG.

Kiddin!

Puntus
02-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Its 100% sure they will update new version jester vanities next expansion?

Daddyblu
02-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Its 100% sure they will update new version jester vanities next expansion?

not in this expansion